Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Big Brother: Reindeer Games

• Start Topic

Okay, here's guessing that Josh never sang in a Youth Choir.  "Go Tell it on the Mountain" is a standard.

And I'm loving a Relaxed Jordan just sitting there watching them run around.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 2

I'm thankful that Taylor and X are there to prove to the nation that not everyone in Michigan shares Nicole's accent.  I've lived here my whole life and never heard one like it before Nicole.

I'm also annoyed that Cody forced me to back Josh.  Also that they were all convinced before teams were even picked that Cody would win.  That's how he walked off with the win on All Stars.

ETA:  Forgot to mention, Shut. Up. Frankie.

Edited by leocadia
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

Wah, wah Xavier! So much self-pity. I didn't notice him making a pitch for one of his alliance to be on Cody's team. And he did them a favor. But that's tune - everyone has to look after me but I only have to look after myself.

Glad the "loser" Red team beat the "stacked" Green team. Ha ha!

• Like 3

I hope those who plan BB26 pay attention to the design of these comps.   These truly have been comps that anyone has the same chance to win.   Male, female, whatever.   I'm surprised. 

One of the comp beasts is about to go home.  Yay!  

• Like 10
20 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Wah, wah Xavier! So much self-pity.

Yeah, I was thinking that it must have been a shock to realize he'd have to actually put in some work this time instead of having a team doing all the work so he could win.

• Like 6

This is shaping up to be a fun spinoff season. Cameron first boot and Cody second? And the team Cody compiles loses to the Leftovers 2.0? Beautiful.

Plus, equitable comps and we get even more Britney? Hooray! This is what we've wanted from the original but can never get because comps are so geared toward a specific type of person winning.

It was joyous to see Taylor's Karma bite Cody in the ass this quickly, and all because he decided that Frankie/Xavier were the strongest men best competitors to play with, and Nicole because he trusted her over Josh (but let's not be silly; it's likely not really because he thought she was a super strong competitor). 

I nearly threw up in my mouth when Frankie ALSO voiced that Cody/Xavier were players he didn't want to compete against because he couldn't beat them but he could definitely beat the other five in the house (probably because they're women and then there's Josh, who varies in skill in comps). Like, please, keep voicing how you can beat the women in the house but not the two men who you claim are well rounded or your bestest best friend who you haven't talked to since BB16, most likely. Like Frankie has interacted much with Big Brother over the last nine years.

There is such satisfaction watching the true underdogs win and seeing Cody taken down a few pegs.

I would have been fine with any of the three going home. Cody gets to finally lose Big Brother early enough, Frankie's DRs would have stopped, and Xavier is such a boring ass dude that it wouldn't have been a shame to watch him go.

Now, unfortunately, Xavier is so pissy that his alliance turned on him that he likely is about to team up with Frankie and Nicole. Hooray? Not at all; Xavier's just bitter that he can't coast to the end and then beat the people he clearly thinks he can beat, despite just horrifically losing the Brawl for his team. He's now said twice that he's realizing it's Win or Go Home. Yes, Xavier, this is a competition-based game. Social game goes out the window once competitions become important, and because they don't know what type of comps are in the actual Reindeer Games, it's best to take out anyone who can even remotely do anything physical as well, just in case. He has to realize that there was a chance this comp could have been physical and Nicole could have lost. Honestly, with how the comp was, Nicole's not stupid but I think she would have been a tad slower than Cody and Frankie so she might have lost this, which would have left three comp beasts in the house.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Thalia said:

I hope those who plan BB26 pay attention to the design of these comps.   These truly have been comps that anyone has the same chance to win.   Male, female, whatever.   I'm surprised. 

One of the comp beasts is about to go home.  Yay!  

Yes! And as soon as they read the directions I knew Cody's team was doomed with that klutz, nervous-wreck Nicole. (I didn't expect X to suck that hard, tho.)

2 hours ago, Thalia said:

Me too @Lamb18.  I can't quite believe that I was rooting for Josh and Frankie over Cody tonight.   But for some reason Cody rubbed me the wrong way from the start in these games.  

I will never root for Josh. 

• Like 7

Why oh why couldn't it have been Frankie to go ho ho home? This would be ever so much more tolerable without his cartoonish antics, which the editors seem to love so much. 

That said, it was hilarious to see the "underdog" team wipe the floor with the "A-Team." 

Does Josh have to mention he's Latino every time he's in the DR? We get it already. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Why oh why couldn't it have been Frankie to go ho ho home? This would be ever so much more tolerable without his cartoonish antics, which the editors seem to love so much. 

That said, it was hilarious to see the "underdog" team wipe the floor with the "A-Team." 

Does Josh have to mention he's Latino every time he's in the DR? We get it already. 

Frankie was only safe because he cheated off X when he saw him grab the last item.  I can’t imagine him ever figuring it out on his own.  

• Like 6

That was really bad game design.  At first I thought they all had different lists.  I can't believe there was more of them trying to stick close to the other players and seeing what they were getting.  It also gave two players the opportunity to gang up on the third.  If it had been Nicole instead of X with them (which would be monumentally stupid as Brittany pointed out) you know Frankie and Cody would have teamed up. 

• Like 2

I know this is a safe space, so I feel ok admitting that Frankie’s “just enjoy what you got kid!” made me laugh.

Cody got an advantage and went home the same day.  That’s hilarious.

The editors are still overusing the slo-mo button, but they did make it work with Taylor’s beautiful hair flowing while she was in the snow pile.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Yes! And as soon as they read the directions I knew Cody's team was doomed with that klutz, nervous-wreck Nicole. (I didn't expect X to suck that hard, tho.)

The funny thing is that Nicole wasn't even that bad. She was only slightly behind Britney; sure, she messed up a few times but she actually DID finish rather quickly. It was Xavier who messed it up by putting them a whole tree behind the other team.

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

That was really bad game design.  At first I thought they all had different lists.  I can't believe there was more of them trying to stick close to the other players and seeing what they were getting.  It also gave two players the opportunity to gang up on the third.  If it had been Nicole instead of X with them (which would be monumentally stupid as Brittany pointed out) you know Frankie and Cody would have teamed up. 

Which would have queued another three years of Nicole not speaking to Cody.

But yeah, Frankie seemed to realize that peeking at other players' answers was the way to go and, to his credit, it worked for him. 

I was kind of hoping they would have a different former HG play "elf messenger" each episode, but I guess Jordan was the only sucker willing to sign up for this. Logistics might have been an issue too.

Jordan reads so slowly.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The funny thing is that Nicole wasn't even that bad. She was only slightly behind Britney; sure, she messed up a few times but she actually DID finish rather quickly. It was Xavier who messed it up by putting them a whole tree behind the other team.

Really? To me, it seemed like Nicole was taking forever. Might have been because I was anxious for her team to win....because I am always rooting against Josh. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Really? To me, it seemed like Nicole was taking forever. Might have been because I was anxious for her team to win....because I am always rooting against Josh. 

Don’t worry he isn’t going to win again.  
And I think the Challenge/Challenge USA humbled him slightly.   If you don’t watch, 8 people generally run the final.   Josh has tried 6 times and hasn’t made the final once, let alone won.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Jordan reads so slowly.

OMG.  Her cadence is driving me bonkers.  She must be flubbing things if she reads too quickly.  She probably regrets taking this gig.  In the first episode she commented "it's really long" when she unrolled the scroll.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Yeah, I think the editing made it seem like Nicole was the weak link, and she certainly didn't help, but Britney finished first, Danielle started, and Nicole finished only a little after Britney. When Xavier finished, not only had Danielle finished (and before Xavier had a single branch balanced), Taylor finished as well. So Xavier was actually TWO trees behind. When Frankie started, Josh was already working on the last tree. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I was kind of hoping they would have a different former HG play "elf messenger" each episode, but I guess Jordan was the only sucker willing to sign up for this. Logistics might have been an issue too.

They announced earlier that Derek X and someone else I forget (maybe Tiffany?) would also be elves, so maybe 2 eps for each.

Does anyone know if tonight's episode is also 90 minutes? My sister told me that Taylor said it would be but my Tivo is only showing it as an hour.

I am kind of awestruck at how incredible the BB house has been decorated for a simple two-week competition - so I fully expect the BB 26 house to be the most amazing set we've ever seen, since now we know what production is capable of.  They can also repeat these competitions that don't skew towards a certain type of person - looks like they're aware and capable of that as well.  No excuses now.  I hope Grodner was on a tropical vacation somewhere and she gave the interns her gold card and left them in charge of Reindeer Games, never imagining anyone would even be paying attention.

Did anyone catch the very brief glance of Taylor munching on Lay's potato chips in the kitchen?  I like these little throwback inside jokes.  Makes me not question my life choices quite as much regarding the fact that I have seen every single season of this show since its inception.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone know if tonight's episode is also 90 minutes? My sister told me that Taylor said it would be but my Tivo is only showing it as an hour.

I'm seeing 90 minutes, 8 to 9:30, followed by one episode of Ghosts UK instead of the usual two.

• Useful 2
On 12/13/2023 at 1:03 PM, iMonrey said:

Jordan reads so slowly.

That's what happens when you finally learn how to read.

Sighs….I see Danielle winning this, maybe then everyone will finally shut it about how ‘robbed’ she was in her season.  UO, but never liked her, she was always ‘on’ just like she is now only she’s more obnoxious about it.

When did Taylor become so cocky, she’s venturing in Danielle territory for me.

I thought Derek X. was going to be an elf.

Liking the show so far.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I'm seeing 90 minutes, 8 to 9:30, followed by one episode of Ghosts UK instead of the usual two.

Thank you. I'll just have to schedule my recording to go 1/2 hour over since it's not showing as 90 minutes for me.

4 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Sighs….I see Danielle winning this, maybe then everyone will finally shut it on how ‘robbed’ she was in her season.  UO, but never liked her, she was always ‘on’ just like she is now only she’s more obnoxious about it.

+1

• Like 1
On 12/14/2023 at 10:28 AM, laurakaye said:

I am kind of awestruck at how incredible the BB house has been decorated for a simple two-week competition - so I fully expect the BB 26 house to be the most amazing set we've ever seen, since now we know what production is capable of.  They can also repeat these competitions that don't skew towards a certain type of person - looks like they're aware and capable of that as well.  No excuses now.  I hope Grodner was on a tropical vacation somewhere and she gave the interns her gold card and left them in charge of Reindeer Games, never imagining anyone would even be paying attention.

Did anyone catch the very brief glance of Taylor munching on Lay's potato chips in the kitchen?  I like these little throwback inside jokes.  Makes me not question my life choices quite as much regarding the fact that I have seen every single season of this show since its inception.

Sadly, I don’t see the house being this well-decorated for regular seasons. I don’t think the Reindeer Games contestants are living in the house, just filming there. No way production would let these kind of decorations get worn down or destroyed from houseguests living there for 90+ days. 

52 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Sadly, I don’t see the house being this well-decorated for regular seasons. I don’t think the Reindeer Games contestants are living in the house, just filming there. No way production would let these kind of decorations get worn down or destroyed from houseguests living there for 90+ days. 

I agree they are probably not living there, but I’m guessing filming La Syed 6 days, one for each episode.