Type keyword(s) to search

S09:E07: November 9, 2023

• Start Topic

I knew what it was the instant Jesse said he has news. But Sam has only delivered this poop baby now?!? I have lost all ability to track time on this show, but they make it seem like it was several weeks ago she was at death’s door. Has it only been days?

• Mind Blown 1

Oh, god, please don’t tell me the producers got into Becca’s head so Brayden will end up giving his rose to Olivia. This girl has got to go! She’s ruined my favorite show,

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Why is this whole cast and production rallying around Olivia’s love life, helping her to homey hop? I can’t wait until the reunion and see whether they all think she’s this “sweet girl”’ after seeing an entire season of nonstop snarky talking heads.

• Like 6

Aaron comes off as disingenuous to me. All of the buzz words ring false. He wants her to "feel chosen" every day, blah blah blah. Producers either fed him the "right" lines or he studied all of the "right" things to say. Eliza also seems studied; both of them are like robots.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I actually like Olivia, I find her comments funny, and the guys all seem to really like her.  I can't stand Kat.  She as no real interest in JH beyond getting a rose. 

Braeydon has somehow made me like him this season.    He actually seems like  asweet guy and I can finally see why Chraity was attracted to him.

Charity had no point in coming to the beach besides getting more screen time.  She's the one who told people to be leery of Aaron, but then when she's there she just blames it on a crazy ex of his and tells Eliza to go for it.  The whole thing made no sense.  That being said, I'm not a huge Aaron fan and Charity still does that stupid head nod thing that drives me crazy.

I think Pilot Pete and the australian girl are just having fun with all the snark.  They're not taking anything too seriously, which should be the point of this show.  Who was he with initially? I can't remember.

I think Jess is settling for Blake until something better comes along.  She is not into him beyond him telling her how cute her outfits are everyday.  He seems like a pretty deep guy , based on his career, and she just seems so shallow.  Can't wait to see what happens with Katie next week.

Tanner and Rachel were the most unexpected couple this week.  Glad he got rid of Davia, something about her just annoyed me.  Not sure if this is a love connection or he just didn't want Davia.  The original group seems to be hanging on, with lots of the newer people getting sent home. 

• Like 6

I haven't even finished the episode yet but I would just like to issue a big FUCK YOU to Hulu for showing some stupid ad for the new Hunger Games movie featuring Jared H. (looking even more weaselly than ever) they somehow related to BiP that showed Brayden giving Olivia the rose BEFORE WE EVEN GOT TO THE ROSE CEREMONY. The hope I had going into this episode that it would be the last time her smug mug showed up on my screen is now dashed. Ugh.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, god, please don’t tell me the producers got into Becca’s head so Brayden will end up giving his rose to Olivia. This girl has got to go! She’s ruined my favorite show,

My guess is that Becca had a relationship IRL and decided that was worth more than the tv show.

2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I think Jess is settling for Blake until something better comes along. 

I am starting to think Jess is not able to have an interest or passion for any man.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Tanner and Rachel were the most unexpected couple this week .  Not sure if this is a love connection or he just didn't want Davia.  

I think Rachel's heart is with Brayden and she will cherish forever the mud date where she was able to finally lose her inhibitions. When she kissed Tanner there was no passion.

• Like 1

I'm not happy about Olivia staying but I thought it was hilarious that Brayden giving her the rose was more about keeping her around to annoy Kat.  Also funny?  Tanner giving a pity rose to Rachel instead of one to Davia who he dumped Kat to be with.  I guess being alone is better than being with Kat?

Kat must have really pissed off TBTP to warrant so many shenanigans.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Now that's I've finished watching the episode I can't help but wonder if the producers somehow convinced Becca to leave so they could manufacture a way for Olivia to stay. Becca's departure was weirdly edited.

Then again, everyone on the beach seems to be rooting for Olivia so maybe she's a cool person and I'm just blind to it because she's become my BEC.

Did the Jess/Tyler kiss and Blake/Genevie date actually happen or have I started to have really vivid dreams about this show? I feel like there was absolutely no mention of either of those things happening this episode.

The scene at the end with Eliza trapped in the room by a vicious crab was cute, but it would've been funnier if it was Kat instead. I don't wish ill upon her, but maybe a crab can bite her pinky or something? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Televisionhurts said:

I am trying to understand what it is about John Henry's behavior-personality that Olivia seems to find so attractive and compelling.

At least John Henry isn't constantly on tv to annoy me like Olivia is. 

• Like 1

Tanner and Rachel were the most unexpected couple this week.  Glad he got rid of Davia, something about her just annoyed me.  Not sure if this is a love connection or he just didn't want Davia.  

I was surprised he didn't pick Davia, because he told her they shared the "hottest" kiss. Most of these guys are ruled by lust. I think Rachel may have been a producer pick. Davia looked ticked off. I guess she isn't used to being rejected. 

Olivia is not as cute or attractive as she seems to think she is.  

Agree. And her personality doesn't add much to the equation. Not surprised most of the guys aren't into her for long. 

I think Rachel's heart is with Brayden and she will cherish forever the mud date where she was able to finally lose her inhibitions. When she kissed Tanner there was no passion.

There didn't seem to be much passion on his part either, which is why I was surprised he picked her. I think Tanner is a hunk. I like tall men. I'm guessing the producers wanted Rachel to stay on the show. She hasn't really set the island on fire with her sparkling personality and charisma, so she needed a little help.

Kylee and Aven continue to be so dull they are relegated to the background. 

I wonder what happened with Becca. I wish she would've gotten a TH on her departure. 

Jess and Blake do not seem like a good match to me. They say the right things, but I see barely a flame between them. 

Is there any question the new guy is going to pick Olivia for the date? The producers have made her the show's mascot. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I was surprised he didn't pick Davia, because he told her they shared the "hottest" kiss. Most of these guys are ruled by lust. I think Rachel may have been a producer pick. Davia looked ticked off. I guess she isn't used to being rejected. 

After they discussed her one green eye and one blue eye there did not seem to be anything else for Tanner and Davia to talk about.

Kylee and Aven continue to be so dull they are relegated to the background. 

Their initial flame does seem to be dwindling.

Is there any question the new guy is going to pick Olivia for the date? The producers have made her the show's mascot. 

I predict the new guy and Olivia will have a good date, leaving John Henry to be only a fading memory for her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I wonder what happened with Becca. I wish she would've gotten a TH on her departure. 

As far as I’m concerned, that’s more “evidence” that the producers got in her head and convinced her to leave to open up a spot for Brayden to choose Olivia. If it were any other reason, the producers would have been all over it. Hell, we’ve even often seen contestants ranting to producers when they think they’re offscreen, so they would have used any quote that they could have taken about any of the contestants—or even if she was homesick, missing a “situationship,” sick grandma, having a poop baby, etc. Or maybe she took one look at all of the crabs crawling in the room and was like, Aw, hell no, I’m not staying here! But we literally just saw Eliza scared of the crabs, and a couple of seasons ago that other girl who couldn’t handle the lack of air conditioning. So even if she left because of the appalling conditions, they would have shown that. She was a night one reject on the Bachelor, right? So maybe once she realized what “making a show” entails, she was like, this isn’t for me. She’s seeing all of these people around her spiraling about their connections and confronting their frenemies. She probably had people being rude to her because she was “taking Rachel’s man” (of one day). The producers were probably also trying to stoke some rivalry between the two of them, and Becca would probably assume there’s no “clout” coming out of this if she takes down a Bachelorette. I mean, see how much the producers wanted Rachel to stay, too? They made Tanner suddenly go kiss her out of the blue. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
19 hours ago, Televisionhurts said:

I am trying to understand what it is about John Henry's behavior-personality that Olivia seems to find so attractive and compelling.

My theory is that John Henry is low-hanging fruit. He's a cute guy, but his shyness and awkwardness make him less of a catch, he's not life of the party. So he seemed like a safe choice, esp for someone like Olivia who isn't getting much attention from the other guys and who seems comfortable doing the lion's share of the talking.

JH was also low-hanging fruit for Kat to do a rose grab, she did the math and realized that JH is too naive to see through her paper-thin machinations and that Olivia wouldn't be too much of an obstacle. And like a lamb to the slaughter, JH falls hook, line, and sinker for it because it's new to him that someone as pretty as Kat is (seemingly) so into him.

I laughed and felt sorry for him in equal measure when he said something about seeing a future with Kat outside of this show. The minute those cameras are off, that girl is gone (assuming she doesn't jump on the next guy who walks onto the beach.)

Davia seemed too invested in appearing to be this IT girl for me to believe that she really is one. I can't explain it, but there are some people who should be in high demand, but for some reason, they are not. And other people have terrible qualities and yet seem to draw all the attention. 

I think Jess is settling for Blake until something better comes along.  She is not into him beyond him telling her how cute her outfits are everyday.  He seems like a pretty deep guy , based on his career, and she just seems so shallow.  Can't wait to see what happens with Katie next week.

My jaw was on the ground when Jess was professing her love of Blake's attention and very notably, not Blake himself. I miss you complimenting me, I miss putting on cute outfits so you could look at me, etc...does she not hear all the me,  me, me in those words? She seems like an empty vessel.

Not a fan of Katie Thurston, but the drama looks pretty interesting.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

So maybe once she realized what “making a show” entails, she was like, this isn’t for me.

I sort of agree with this but also believe that since she had been on the Bachelor this tv show scene-environment should not have surprised her.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

My jaw was on the ground when Jess was professing her love of Blake's attention and very notably, not Blake himself. 

Yes, good observation. It's hard for me to imagine Jess falling in love with any man. * but her act is a welcome counter balance to the women who so easily profess to love a guy after one date.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Televisionhurts said:

At this point, do you expect a couple will become engaged? If so, which couple?

My best guess is Aven and Kylee.

They are probably the most likely to get engaged, but they aren't that interesting as a couple. Once they got past the early drama, they've mostly been in the background. Maybe more screen time is coming for them though. 

I don't see any other solid couples so far this season. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

They are probably the most likely to get engaged, but they aren't that interesting as a couple. Once they got past the early drama, they've mostly been in the background. Maybe more screen time is coming for them though. 

I don't see any other solid couples so far this season. 

I take it as a good sign for Aven and Kylee that they are not “TV interesting.” That means they just have normal conversations and are likely compatible—or at least not wildly incompatible. The only “established couples” that get screen time are if one or both are wildly dramatic about their “love story” like Brandon last year who kept writing these cringey poems for his soulmate Serene (I think her name was) whom he couldn’t wait to marry and have a family with but spoke only in Hallmark card sappiness. Or last season’s Aaaron and that girl who just kept screaming and crying and attempting to quit the show every time they had a disagreement (which was daily)—despite them both thinking they were soulmates; I think they didn’t get engaged in the end, but spoke throughout as if they would. Typically there are “happy couples” in the background who end up getting engaged with little to no screen time. Granted, I can’t think of any now because I really struggled to remember the names of those couples who did get a lot of screen time, but I know they exist.

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Or last season’s Aaaron and that girl who just kept screaming and crying and attempting to quit the show every time they had a disagreement (which was daily)—despite them both thinking they were soulmates; I think they didn’t get engaged in the end, but spoke throughout as if they would. 

Was it Jill?

BIP Jill.webp

• Like 1

My money's on Aven & Kylie, for reasons already stated:   zero drama.  The "boring" aspect of their relationship is AKA stability.  It's boring to go to work every day, pay the bills on time, look for new recipes and make dinners together.  Boo-ring.  Staaa-bile.  Oh, and that can also equate to 50 years of marriage.

So Charity was just sitting at the airport, waiting for the call to board a plane when Kat pulled Eliza aside to tell her about the "Aaron ex-girlfriend drama"?

And now I'm questioning Charity's integrity, with a best friend of Kat.  Yeech.

Charity, as usual, can't stop with her "um hmmm.  Yeah.  Umm hmmm" while poor Eliza is trying to get a sentence out.

I actually like Eliza, and I think she just didn't feel it for Rodney last year, which is no crime.  But I'm not sure how Aaron didn't know his ex was contacting his family.  So no one in his family gave him a heads up?  Hey, bud, your ex won't stop texting us.  Here are the screenshots.  Do something about this.  So I'm unsure about this whole story.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 11/10/2023 at 9:01 AM, Aim123 said:

Aaron comes off as disingenuous to me. All of the buzz words ring false. He wants her to "feel chosen" every day, blah blah blah. Producers either fed him the "right" lines or he studied all of the "right" things to say. Eliza also seems studied; both of them are like robots.

They're total robots! Eliza's like a half-baked Sims computer game character walking around aimlessly in a sarong and talking in a fake little girl baby voice and Aaron always talks like he's shitting Dollar Tree greeting card phrases out of his mouth.  I can't stand them! 😆  And he keeps acting like its monumental that he remembers her breakfast order each day 🤯.  It's not like he made her breakfast- the chefs did! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

I actually like Eliza, and I think she just didn't feel it for Rodney last year, which is no crime.  

I like Eliza too and believe that her and Blake or maybe her and Pete would make for a good couple. Aaron B seems too polished, insincere.

• Like 1

is it just me or did many of the women look worse at the Rose Ceremony this week?  Davia looked harsh and a bit scary with her hair pulled back.  Genevie's hairline is slipping down her forehead in a way that confuses me.  Even Kylie is looking kinda rough.  Is it just the effect of the beach?

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Wonder if they'll bring back "poop baby" Sam to throw some drama into the Tanner/Rachel situation, now that she is feeling....better.

Aaron S is the one who (during her period of constipation) provided comfort to Sam and brought her food throughout the night. He is no longer on island so if those two get together it will likely be off camera. 

Regardless, even for drama, I doubt Sam wants to return to the place where she suffered such trauma.

4 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

is it just me or did many of the women look worse at the Rose Ceremony this week?  Davia looked harsh and a bit scary with her hair pulled back.  Genevie's hairline is slipping down her forehead in a way that confuses me.  Even Kylie is looking kinda rough.  Is it just the effect of the beach?

Looks are not relevant because the show is about finding  deep and meaningful interpersonal connections.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
23 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

My money's on Aven & Kylie, for reasons already stated:   zero drama.  The "boring" aspect of their relationship is AKA stability.  It's boring to go to work every day, pay the bills on time, look for new recipes and make dinners together.  Boo-ring.  Staaa-bile.  Oh, and that can also equate to 50 years of marriage.

It's possible, but also possible that they're just boring people. Neither of them have much to say even when they are on camera and I get the sense that if they were less attractive, they'd just be wallpaper going largely unnoticed. Reticence is only allowed when the person is attractive, they are then "mysterious" or some such. Ugly quiet people just get ignored. 

Kylee pets her extensions and coyly accepts compliments and spouts instagram sayings, but she doesn't seem to be bringing much to the table conversationally. And Aven seems to be 95% smile, again without a whole lot beyond that. I'm sure they'll do the televised engagement thing just so Kylee can have the full instagram experience, but whether they'd actually follow through on it is another story. Unless she's playing the long game and realizes that being a success story from the show is a clout-booster. But as for legitimate feelings...I'm not sure.

Aaron always talks like he's shitting Dollar Tree greeting card phrases out of his mouth.  I can't stand them! 😆  And he keeps acting like its monumental that he remembers her breakfast order each day 🤯.  It's not like he made her breakfast- the chefs did! 

I'm 100% sure Aaron has taken a course on women-getting or perhaps subscribes to some sort of "how to win her over" podcast. Nothing he does seems genuine, he's so focused on filling that girlfriend slot that it doesn't seem to matter much who it is.

But he thinks he's covering that with memorizing Eliza's specific breakfast order, which frankly, isn't all that rare. Ooh, bacon, eggs and toast...what an unusual palette! 

Yes, good observation. It's hard for me to imagine Jess falling in love with any man. * but her act is a welcome counter balance to the women who so easily profess to love a guy after one date.

Jess' big fear seems to be showing that she likes someone without them falling all over her first, so it makes sense that she wouldn't profess love too soon. They have to follow her around spewing compliments before she might possibly maybe suggest that perhaps she might like them as well.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Was Blake really so distracted by Jess's eyelash batting that he didn't notice that everything Jess said she liked about him was how he compliments HER, how he talks about how great SHE looks, how he does things for HER, did he not notice the dozens of red flags waving all over the room? Jess is clearly not into him as a person and more as an ego boost machine, the second another guy comes along who can give her even more compliments she'll be gone. 

I think I mostly dislike Olivia because the show has decided that she's the beach sweetheart and not only do we need to get her constant commentary but we also have the whole beach playing match maker and rooting for her to be happy. God help any girl that takes a date that everyone has decided belongs to her. 

I still have to root for Olivia over Kat, she's just so awful. I would say that she has a bad case of resting bitch face, but I'm pretty sure that's just her personality. John Henry really is just a silly boy if he thinks that Kat wants me as anything but a rose, I'm impressed no one actually laughed out loud when he said he could see a future with her, even he seemed to be realizing how easily he got played by the time he was talkin to Olivia post rose, even if he's sticking with Kat until she gets bored. 

I've always liked Charity but I really question her taste if she's best friends with Kat, such an obvious mean girl. Why was she even here? 

I don't see any of these couples getting even close to an engagement by the end of this, it seems like the people who are getting the best deal this season are the people who mostly seem to be here to drink for free, hang on the beach, and snark, which seems like a pretty good use of your time in Paradise, specially this season.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I predict that tonight's episode opens with the new guy asking Olivia to go on a date, which she accepts. The date is a good one, everyone in Paradise is happy for the new couple.

Also in tonight's episode I am expecting Tanner and Rachel to do some talking and bonding.