Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E06: Monster Night

• Start Topic

Crap. I don't particularly like Mauricio, but it was Harry's turn to go. Harry may be a nice guy, but I wasn't impressed by his pity party. Everyone is trying/working hard, but I'm sorry, you're not that good and you don't get a participation medal. I agree that folks on social media shouldn't be cruel, especially with certain types of personal comments. Don't go to social media for validation - more likely than not you won't find it.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Actually Jason did not get a 10 so he was scored below Ariana and Xochiti before the marathon.  I think the judges really have to look at what is actually expected of the dancers.  I was fine with Ariana getting a high score  and In a previous year imperfections would have been overlooked and it would have been a 10.  For me she was a bit soft in the leg action and a little hoppy in parts. 

Mauricio went as a direct result of the social media backlash. True or not his wife nailed that coffin. 

Poor Harry that guy is full of shit. He's been a douche on another reality show that I couldn't stomach watching for more than an episode. He knows exactly how it works and is unseemly in milking it to stay on  and rake in the cash.  He's disgusting. Little Rylie would not go near a guy like that outside of this show. 

Edited by Andiethewestie
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Please someone stop Charity from doing cartwheels and hand stands. Just dance please. I thought that jive was weak for her. I still love Jason as he seems all in. I really am not the cohort for Harry but delicate flowers shouldn’t do reality TV. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Andiethewestie said:

Mauricio went as a direct result of the social media backlash. True or not his wife nailed that coffin. 

Poor Harry that guy is full of shit. He's been a douche on another reality show that I couldn't stomach watching for more than an episode. He knows exactly how it works and is unseemly in milking it to stay on  and rake in the cash.  He's disgusting. Little Rylie would not go near a guy like that outside of this show. 

I haven’t seen any of these two guys’ shows.  I only know Mauricio’s name because of things said about his marriage recently.  I’m sorry if his wife nailed that coffin because he was having a blast.  As for Harry, I’ve literally never heard of him before DWTS so this is all I have to judge on.  I totally get it if others know Mauricio and Harry from their reality shows and have an impression of both; I do the same with celeb dancers I “pre-know”.  

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, vibeology said:

I do understand why they axed Switch-Up Week but I just wish Lele could get some time with any other pro. I think Brandon is limited as a teacher and choreographer and if she could just get some time with someone who has a different style, we'd see dramatic improvements. 

I didn't realize they permanently did away with Switch-Up Week, was that back in 2020 for COVID-related reasons or was it something else?

• Useful 1

So happy this show is back on my tv... and happier that Tyra is not - but it seems Bruno has taken over where she left off. WHY does he think we all want to see his chest each week? He's way over the top, pun intended.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I don't like much about Julianne but I think she is doing a fantastic job.  The opening little number with her and Alphonso <sp?> was actually cute and not boring or too much.  I also feel that she is increasingly participating in writing her lines -- the diction and emotion is all Julianne.

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I didn't realize they permanently did away with Switch-Up Week, was that back in 2020 for COVID-related reasons or was it something else?

The pros hated it. They could not stand it and the fan comments about who was a better teacher and fit for their star plus they were upset that they could go home on someone else’s work. I’m nearly certain they went to the producers and told them to get rid of the week. There hasn’t been a switch up night since season 22.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

Another week of Harry. I just can’t at this point. He’s going to take out one or several of the better dancer and his poor woah is me complaining… give me a break. You’re on a reality show basically just hooking up with woman after woman…and you’re gonna whine about people being mean to you? 

loved Ariana and pasha, Jason and Daniella. 

Alyson’s face was hella distracting through that dance. Reminded me of Kate gosselins growl snarl face during her paso. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Dang, Ariana was good! She looked like a pro. I'm surprised she didn't get more 10s because everyone else was pretty forgettable, which was surprising considering it was monster night.

I don't watch Harry or Mauricio's shows, so I don't know anything about them outside of this show. Both of them seemed nice enough, but Mauricio was a lot better dancer so yes, Harry should have gone before him.

Was that Gleb in the Grim Reaper costume who was behind everyone? I had to LOL because he looked so creepy.

• Like 6

Harry mugging for the camera those first few episodes really turned me off to him.  He and Tyson Beckford were really irritating.

I don't think Mauricio went because of the drama with his marriage, I just don't think many people knew who he was.  

Jason staying in character throughout was GREAT.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

I don't think Mauricio went because of the drama with his marriage, I just don't think many people knew who he was.  

It's probably a bit of both. He probably didn't have a huge fanbase to begin with since he's the husband of a Housewife and not very well-known by the general public. And then in the subset of fans he did have, more of them are probably fans of Kyle who supported him while she was supporting him. Since she isn't supporting him anymore, he lost those votes. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I know I'm biased for Jason and Daniella but if that dance went later in the program it could not be denied at least one 10. Jason's musicality and performance is on point and for me it was really entertaining. I did not see the energy drain or a miss on the lift, to me it was keeping in character. Going first is always problematic as the judges like to lowball the first dance. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Andiethewestie said:

For me, I like to do a little research before I park my vote. Of course it's to advance careers, but Harry has done nothing but a hook up reality show in which he's not very honourable. 

How is it possible to be "honourable" in a hook-up reality show to begin with?

4 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Alyson’s face was hella distracting through that dance. Reminded me of Kate gosselins growl snarl face during her paso. 

Well, she was in character as a vampire. That said, she does have a problem controlling her face during the dances. She really is more of an actress than a dancer. But I thought her Paso was pretty decent. Quick footwork at the beginning. Maybe a little too much messing about and posing. But I would have given her straight 8s for that. The judges seem determined to lowball her. She is at least improving. Harry and Barry are not and Barry is getting higher scores.

My tinfoil hat theory is that Barry is running away with the votes and the judges are trying to placate the fans by giving him higher scores than he deserves hoping they'll be complacent enough to stop voting as much.

Lele and Brandon's Paso didn't even look like a Paso to me but none of the judges said anything. It was still underscored IMO but I think maybe it's time to replace Brandon.

• Like 2

I’m sorry for Emma and Mauricio. Sure he wasn’t going to win but he certainly deserved to be there over 2 other competitors. 

Sasha is really disappointing me this season, he’s relying too much on gimmick and choreo is falling flat. It’s almost as if he’s phoning it in. It hurts to say that because I normally love Sasha.

• Like 3

Not much to add except that Ariana and Charity were previously about equal to me. Ariana has now jumped to my third favorite while Charity is fourth. She made a break through with her performance last week with her contemporary. She slid back a little this week. Her pre-package looked promising and I thought her jive would have more energy. While I do think Ariana's legs could have been a little stronger, Charity needed to work on her kicks and flicks more. 

I didn't know who Harry was before this show. If he was previously on another reality show, then he should know not to read social media. Yes, people can be cruel since they don't see the person in front of them. The comments that they showed were not cruel. They didn't attack him as a person. I said the same things since his dancing is just not good. I watch DWTS for the dancing and to be entertained. That's why I don't care about ringers. That's the reason why I'll state that he should have left a long time ago. I know other people watched for different reasons. 

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

I didn't know who Harry was before this show. If he was previously on another reality show, then he should know not to read social media. Yes, people can be cruel since they don't see the person in front of them. The comments that they showed were not cruel. They didn't attack him as a person. I said the same things since his dancing is just not good.

I agree. He should also know that he is only "famous" because of social media considering he doesn't really have any other talent. If people are going to put themselves out there, they have to accept that social media can get you millions of followers, but online haters are also going to be out there. I'm not saying anyone should be bullied, but I'm pretty tired of the "poor me, I'm famous and getting picked on" package that they do with someone every season. Last season, it was Charli whining about people being mean to her and now it's Harry.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
On 10/31/2023 at 8:18 PM, dizzyd said:

There have been some absolutely mind blowing contemporaries on sytycd............. 

For anyone who was not a viewer of SYTYCD, this is the calibre of dance we were so lucky to see on that show.

Set up........this dance is choreographed by Travis Wall. The dance is about Travis' mother's battle with cancer. Danced by Allison Holker and Robert Roldan, this is, without a doubt my absolute favorite Contemporary piece on SYTYCD.

Fix You

Edited by coffeebean
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

For anyone who was not a viewer of SYTYCD, this is the calibre of dance we were so lucky to see on that show.

Set up........this dance is choreographed by Travis Wall. The dance is about Travis' mother's battle with cancer. Danced by Allison Holker and Robert Roldan, this is, without a doubt my absolute favorite Contemporary piece on SYTYCD.

Fix You

Thanks for making me cry. Well I have every time I’ve watched that and especially over the last year in memory of TWitch.

Most of the top dances of all time on sytycd have been contemporaries and the best part of the style is that there’s no fixed steps, there’s no box, there’s no limit to how far you can elevate the creativity. That being said, dwts can’t be expected to be as good because the stars are generally not dancers whereas the contestants on sytycd are aspiring to be dance pros and dwts have had a lot of pros who were former sytycd contestants like Jenna, Lindsay, Whitney, Allison, Sasha, Lacey, Dmitry, Alan, Artem, I’m sure I’m forgetting more.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 11/1/2023 at 11:30 AM, iMonrey said:

My tinfoil hat theory is that Barry is running away with the votes and the judges are trying to placate the fans by giving him higher scores than he deserves hoping they'll be complacent enough to stop voting as much.

I agree with this theory, AS I have been personally voting for Barry for nostalgic reasons, but, we’re down to really good dancers. I do admit that I will throw some of my votes to Barry to ensure that Harry leaves befoew him.

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Fix You

Did not even watch the video, but I knew the dance, I will never forget it.

On 11/2/2023 at 3:07 PM, coffeebean said:

Fix You

I remember  this, I also remember I cried. Contemporary dancing  often brings  me to tears. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Thanks for making me cry. Well I have every time I’ve watched that and especially over the last year in memory of TWitch.

Most of the top dances of all time on sytycd have been contemporaries and the best part of the style is that there’s no fixed steps, there’s no box, there’s no limit to how far you can elevate the creativity. That being said, dwts can’t be expected to be as good because the stars are generally not dancers whereas the contestants on sytycd are aspiring to be dance pros and dwts have had a lot of pros who were former sytycd contestants like Jenna, Lindsay, Whitney, Allison, Sasha, Lacey, Dmitry, Alan, Artem, I’m sure I’m forgetting more.

I saw all seasons of SYTYCD with the exception of season 1. I did not know Artem competed in season 1. I just Googled that. Artem was adorable back then.

On 11/2/2023 at 6:05 PM, dizzyd said:

I like a lot of SYTYCD contemporaries too but I agree that a lot of the DWTS pros are not cross trained so I don't expect them to choreograph contemporaries as well. I can also say that a lot of SYTYCD ballroom dances are watered-down for non-ballroom dancers.

I don't remember Sasha being on SYTYCD. I'm probably going to miss some people too but here's additional SYTYCD alumni. I remember Henry and Brandon auditioning but not one of the contestants. For troupe members, I remember Hayley, Brittany Cherry, Alexis, and Ezra. For pros, I remember Chelsie Hightower. I know that there are a lot of other people that are used for choreographed numbers. Mark used to use Tanisha a lot as a featured dancer. She and Lacey were in the Toxic Duel with Val and Mark.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, realdancemom said:

I like a lot of SYTYCD contemporaries too but I agree that a lot of the DWTS pros are not cross trained so I don't expect them to choreograph contemporaries as well. I can also say that a lot of SYTYCD ballroom dances are watered-down for non-ballroom dancers.

I don't remember Sasha being on SYTYCD. I'm probably going to miss some people too but here's additional SYTYCD alumni. I remember Henry and Brandon auditioning but not one of the contestants. For troupe members, I remember Hayley, Brittany Cherry, Alexis, and Ezra. For pros, I remember Chelsie Hightower. I know that there are a lot of other people that are used for choreographed numbers. Mark used to use Tanisha a lot as a featured dancer. She and Lacey were in the Toxic Duel with Val and Mark.

Whitney and her best friend Lindsay competed in season 9 of SYTYCD.   One was top 8 and the other top 6 IIRC. 

4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Whitney and her best friend Lindsay competed in season 9 of SYTYCD.   One was top 8 and the other top 6 IIRC. 

I didn't list them since I was quoting dizzyd and both of them were already mentioned along with a bunch more. I was adding to the list. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I don't remember Sasha being on SYTYCD

I am pretty sure Sasha and Emma came in as ballroom choreographers, but I don't think he was ever on as a contestant like Artem, Lacey Jenna Chelsie, Lindsay, Witney or Koine.  Lacey got the cross exposure and choreographed a nice VWaltz to Jason Mraz' iconic "I won't give up " Lovely but with some technical issues quite clunky and frame needed polish, but they put Ricky's incredible contemporary style to

good use- not seen in ballrooms. Unfortunately Valerie couldn't include any tap. 

16 hours ago, Andiethewestie said:

I am pretty sure Sasha and Emma came in as ballroom choreographers, but I don't think he was ever on as a contestant like Artem, Lacey Jenna Chelsie, Lindsay, Witney or Koine.  Lacey got the cross exposure and choreographed a nice VWaltz to Jason Mraz' iconic "I won't give up " Lovely but with some technical issues quite clunky and frame needed polish, but they put Ricky's incredible contemporary style to

good use- not seen in ballrooms. Unfortunately Valerie couldn't include any tap. 

Thanks. That makes sense regarding Sasha. I was thinking of contestants or people that auditioned before they became popular on DWTS. But you reminded me of Kione!! How can I forget her when I was rooting for her to win her season?! Oh well, I knew I would forget people.

I believe there were other SYTYCD alumni besides Lacey who became DWTS pros then circled back and did choreo for SYTYCD. I'm thinking Dmitry, Jenna, and Lindsay. I could be wrong. Allison definitely did but she did contemporary choreo for SYTYCD which makes sense for her.

• Like 1