Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E06: Monster Night

• Start Topic

Why is Alfonso underghouly dressed? 
Holy crap! Jason and Dani were amazing! So long since I’ve heard this Cranberries classic. Jason looked creepy af.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Holy crap! Jason and Dani were amazing! So long since I’ve heard this Cranberries classic. Jason looked creepy af.

Yeah, I quite liked that one, too. I liked the whole opening bit, that was well done and creepy. 

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I would not know how to judge a contemporary dance.

I grade contemporaries by clean moves, innovative moves and most importantly effective storytelling. There have been some absolutely mind blowing contemporaries on sytycd and dwts but it’s been a really long time since I’ve seen one on this show, maybe Derek’s time. 

I don’t like Alyson’s look or the dance. Bless her but she’ll be in the bottom although I’d like to see Harry and Mauricio go before her. 

Omg, Jason continues to give us his creepy stare on the balcony, he’s staying in character all night. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 7
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Has anyone ever fallen on the steps? I'm always so afraid someone's going to trip or miss a step and go flying...

I worry about the same thing.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 2

I like the skeleton head disco/mirror ball. 

Calling big sis in to help can only be a positive coz Rylee still needs more experience to compete with the other pros. She at least helped improve the choreo but nothing can help Harry. It’s not personal on his character, some people just can’t. 

• Like 8
Just now, MerBearHou said:

I actually think he seems like a sweet kid and he’s just so huge that he has no graceful moves in him.  He is trying so hard.

I do agree that he could use his size to his advantage and learn to command the floor. It's just a matter of trying to find the right dance/moves to make that happen, I think.

4 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Harry, do NOT read social media comments from anonymous posters.  Especially when it was a rough week with the judges. Just setting himself up to be hurt.

On the one hand, you'd think he'd be a little more used to jerks online, given he was on reality TV, but on the other hand...even if you know that's a thing, even if you are aware it's out there....yeah, it still doesn't make it hurt any less. Some people can just be total assholes online, so yeah, I hope Harry just continues to ignore those people and focus on the constructive critique he's getting from the judges and his partner, along with the positive comments. 

• Like 5

Harry does seem like a sweet guy. I felt sorry for him reacting to social media comments. But maybe he's not cut out for reality TV if he's that affected by them. No it's not fair but it's the world he's choosing to live in.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I grade contemporaries by clean moves, innovative moves and most importantly effective storytelling. There have been some absolutely mind blowing contemporaries on sytycd and dwts but it’s been a really long time since I’ve seen one on this show, maybe Derek’s time. 

I don’t like Alyson’s look or the dance. Bless her but she’ll be in the bottom although I’d like to see Harry and Mauricio go before her. 

Omg, Jason continues to give us his creepy stare on the balcony, he’s staying in character all night. 

Jason still in character!!  Love it.  Own it!

• Like 5
Just now, iMonrey said:

Who was the Mr. Death guy standing behind Xochitl and freaking her out? Looked like maybe Gleb but what's he doing up there?

Maybe there’s a troupe dance before the 2nd set of dances?🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

lol...the judges send the Grim Reaper(s) to remove the couples from the dance-off.

I loved the Grim Reaper bopping to "Stayin' Alive" as they were chasing people off the floor XD. 

• LOL 6

Now we get the purpose of the grim reapers. The order of elimination in the monster mash may likely be the order of elimination for the season. I didn’t notice the crow on Derek’s shoulder before, guess it’s this week’s broach. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Harry seems like a sweet kid but he's the worst dancer left by far. I don't understand where this voting base is coming from. Is he really that popular online?

The background during Alyson's dance was a library! I know with the strike she can't reference Buffy more directly than she did tonight so I loved that little touch.

I do understand why they axed Switch-Up Week but I just wish Lele could get some time with any other pro. I think Brandon is limited as a teacher and choreographer and if she could just get some time with someone who has a different style, we'd see dramatic improvements. 

• Like 13

I bitch about this every year but if the show is going to include Contemporary as a dance style, then all the couples should do Contemporary on the same night. It just doesn't seem fair otherwise because judging is purely subjective when there are no rules. And the two couples who had Contemporary got the highest scores, tied with Ariana. 

"Monster-thon" didn't seem to help or hurt anyone either, they basically tapped out in the same order they were on the leader board.

Out in this order: Barry, Harry, Mauricio, Alyson, Charity, Jason, Lele, Ariana, Xochitl.

Scores from bottom to top: Harry, Alyson, Barry/Mauricio, Lele/Charity, Jason, Ariana/Xochitl. 

Kind of shocked Mauricio went before Harry or Alyson but I guess he wasn't getting the votes. 

The costumes were fun though and some of the numbers were really cute. I'm sort of on the fence about guest judges in general, depending on who they are, but usually they are kinder/more generous than the regular judges. Not Niecy. She scored at least two of them lower than the judges did.

Barry still seems overscored to me and Lele seems underscored. 

Ariana and Pasha should have gotten straight 10s for that Argentine Tango, they did not get one word of criticism then got three 9s and one 10 from Bruno. Holding back the 10s just because you don't what to do it yet is arbitrary and dumb.

• Like 9