Type keyword(s) to search

S09:E05: October 26, 2023

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Cannot wait!

This Sam is a mess. And ancient for women on this show. 34!

Who tells you you’re mature for your age—your mom?

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I'd be like Brayden -- always hot and sweating like crazy! I feel uncomfortable just watching him. Did you see him wipe his face with his shirt? Wow!

Yeah, everyone always looks so uncomfortable and on the verge of succumbing to heatstroke. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SHERMDOG said:

I'm new to this show..but dang...what is with the freaking GLITTER!!??

I feel like it’s almost become an inside joke to the cast—or maybe somehow they all actually like it?! Jess was also on last season and she became known for the body glitter. Now this season she seemingly brought enough for everyone?

• LOL 2

Rachel and Brayden were really cute together. Even on her own season of the Bachelorette, I’ve never seen her display any actual joy like we’ve just witnessed. She’s been utterly humorless for as long as we’ve seen her on this franchise. Brayden really brings out the fun in her that even she seemed surprised to have found.

• Like 14

Kat

Has no idea how birthdays end up in paradise

Wow. Producers aren’t even trying to play it off like it’s a coincidence. A show villain who has a summer birthday?!? Cast!! Then the pawns they set up for the ultimate timing of her demise. Well, no wonder why they want the credit. That’s a lot of work! Kudos, production. Here comes the cake of doom while she’s crying.

• Like 5
  • Wink 2

Not the Dirty Dancing lift! That was pretty good editing of Kat’s tirade over the interspersed scenes of Tanner and Davia dancing and Kat beating the hell out of that piñata.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Kat is a total bitch. The kitchen staff made and decorated a cake for her, and she tosses it in the ocean. What a spoiled brat.

Between that and the Poop Poop Platter, I hope they unionized.

11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Not the Dirty Dancing lift! That was pretty good editing of Kat’s tirade over the interspersed scenes of Tanner and Davia dancing and Kat beating the hell out of that piñata.

Davia is giving future Real Housewife.

10 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I can certainly understand why Kat would think that only an indecisive and underhanded person would accept a date card without talking to their partner first. 

She would never do something like that. 
Never. 

*pets hair*

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

So many of these women have hair extensions.  Hair as long as they have, without being a frizzy mess in a tropical climate, and the constant touching, is because the length is extensions. Doesn't seem very practical at the beach. And it doesn't make you more attractive. Shoulder length hair looks good on most women. Waist length hair, not so much.

• Like 5

I'm genuinely not sure why I have such a visceral reaction to someone as dull as Olivia but it actually ruins the show a bit for me. The way she is constantly inserted into EVERY moment and having to deal with her commentary on situations that have absolutely nothing to do with her feels like the producers are only serving to feed her ego and have convinced her that she is this cute, relatable character that everyone wants to be best friends with based on her shit eating grin in every interview and WHY AM I EVEN LETTING THIS BOTHER ME SO MUCH.

Moving on. I actually recognized Sam instantly from Big Brother Canada, I didn't even know she'd crossed over into the Bachelor world. Glad to see she's still nuts.

I'm assuming there was a lot cut out of the conversation between Blake and Jess because otherwise her reaction to what seemed like a pretty straight forward question from him seemed really out of place.

Not even sure why other people are even trying to make Kat feel better, they are much nicer than I would be to her. She is vile.

Rachel and Brayden are adorably goofy with each other, it's cute. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3

Jess hasn't made any moves because she is afraid of hurting Blake and her friends? Well whose fault is THAT? Hers! Don't sit there and cry and be frozen with fear, girl. This unhappiness falls straight onto her shoulders.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

How incredibly rude of Kat to toss that birthday cake in the ocean. It was obviously made with care by the cooks who joined in to sing and wish her Happy Birthday, as it was so beautifully decorated with the little fruit carvings on the top. I am sure others wanted to have a slice, but no. She just immediately picks it up and heaves the good intentions of all the rest of the well wishers right out, like garbage, into the water.

What a self absorbed jerk she is …. Again.

The self proclaimed Ken doll lost his spot at the resort, where he certainly gave off the impression he has a very high opinion of himself. The look of humility on his face when he ended up roseless at the rose ceremony was probably a new experience for him. 

It was nice to see Rachel drop her demanding, guarded and whiney pretentiousness with that wild and crazy guy, Brayden. Continue with the fun and chilled out attitude Rachel. It’s a good look for once. 

I agree that Olivia is annoying as “spokeswoman” for the beach goers activities. They should split up the commentators role between all the romance seekers. Olivia is as annoying as Demi was when they kept her front and center as someone who dispenses the wisdom, as overseer of the groups dynamics. Nope. Trying too hard to be cutesy.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Aim123 said:

Jess hasn't made any moves because she is afraid of hurting Blake and her friends? Well whose fault is THAT? Hers! Don't sit there and cry and be frozen with fear, girl. This unhappiness falls straight onto her shoulders.

while I totally agree with you, I can see one reason why Jess was afraid of shaking things up with her “relationship” with Blake. She saw how all of the guys completely turned on Kat to defend the honor of their boy, Brayden. If she tried to dump Blake, they would do the same thing to her. Plus, the guys she was interested in weren’t interested in her. She definitely perked up every time a new guy entered Paradise, but once they ended up choosing one of her “friends,” she’s not the kind of person who has the confidence to aim to steal someone’s man (despite the “relationship” being a day long). I think she’s been waiting for anyone (aside from Ken-doll Sean) to show some interest and she’d dump Blake—but she’s not about to go making the first move. 

31 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

How incredibly rude of Kat to toss that birthday cake in the ocean. It was obviously made with care by the cooks who joined in to sing and wish her Happy Birthday, as it was so beautifully decorated with the little fruit carvings on the top. I am sure others wanted to have a slice, but no. She just immediately picks it up and heaves the good intentions of all the rest of the well wishers right out, like garbage, into the water.

What a self absorbed jerk she is …. Again.

The self proclaimed Ken doll lost his spot at the resort, where he certainly gave off the impression he has a very high opinion of himself. The look of humility on his face when he ended up roseless at the rose ceremony was probably a new experience for him. 

It was nice to see Rachel drop her demanding, guarded and whiney pretentiousness with that wild and crazy guy, Brayden. Continue with the fun and chilled out attitude Rachel. It’s a good look for once. 

I agree that Olivia is annoying as “spokeswoman” for the beach goers activities. They should split up the commentators role between all the romance seekers. Olivia is as annoying as Demi was when they kept her front and center as someone who dispenses the wisdom, as overseer of the groups dynamics. Nope. Trying too hard to be cutesy.

Did we actually see Kat throw the cake into the ocean? I saw her carry the cake away, and then commercial break. Then we saw two different artfully staged scenes at different stages of sunlight (daytime when she got it, then a sunset wave, then another wave in the dark). I think the show made multiple cakes to stage the cake in the water—and used all of their footage.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
On 10/26/2023 at 8:52 PM, JenE4 said:

Rachel and Brayden were really cute together. Even on her own season of the Bachelorette, I’ve never seen her display any actual joy like we’ve just witnessed. She’s been utterly humorless for as long as we’ve seen her on this franchise. Brayden really brings out the fun in her that even she seemed surprised to have found.

He does seem to bring out her lighthearted side. I hope they last. 

Kat is petting her hair

She is doing it so much it distracted me. It looks borderline OCD. 

Kat's nuts, I wish someone would have said to her face this is what you did to Brayden.

I have no sympathy for her. I hope Tanner dumps her. The rest of them look scared of her.

Sam has a hard edge to her among this crowd.  She isn't one of the prettier women to me. I wonder whose man she will go after. 

Agree about Olivia's THs. Why did they pick her alone to be the Greek chorus? 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Jess is a 24-year-old and Blake is 32- he just seems too old for her and too experienced in dating and life. She acted like she was imprisoned by Blake and couldn't leave him- this isn't Boxing Helena, Jess- you're free to explore other options, teeny bops 😏!   Maybe more men would like her if her pickup line wasn't always about her bloated outfit choices? She's a sweet girl, but she's passive and that's a really annoying character trait in a person. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
On 10/28/2023 at 2:54 PM, Real4real said:

I agree that Rachel has let her hair down with Brayden and is obviously having fun, but I think she is much more into him than he is into her.  I get the sense he is biding his time.

Totally. He engineered this relationship as a way to stay in the mix when his Kat relationship imploded and he seems like the kind of guy who would have the same kind of time no matter who he's with. So while he may be bringing out a lighter side of Rachel, he'll have no problem shining his spotlight just as brightly onto someone new that comes down the beach. Rachel will have a tougher time replacing him than he'll have replacing her.

Kat petting her hair is nutty. It may be beyond OCD as much as she's doing it.

It's so over the top that I wonder if she's playing a character sometimes, like her screaming confessionals seem like an attempt to become a much talked about BiP character. Especially since her personality here is so completely different than the ice queen persona she had on her season of the Bachelor.

I loved how Sam just shut his transparent BS straight down. You know he was thinking this new girl is "old" and unknown in the US Bachelor world and that she'd fall for his pretend interest. 

I don't know if this is a shorter time period for BiP or if these people are just especially vacuous (even by Bachelor standards), but the idea of anyone from this group of people even pretending to get engaged at the end of this seems ludicrous. 

This franchise has a surprisingly high success rate for such a silly, frothy summer show and there's usually at least one couple that gets together right away and just hangs out on vacation the whole time, but there isn't one pairing in this group that seems likely to last even 5 mins beyond the beach.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I have no idea if Kat tossing the cake was staged or not, but I think it probably says something about Kat when it totally seems like something she would do. She's such a drama queen and ridiculously selfish, its pretty rich watching her crying on and on about her partner going on a date without talking to her first, literally the exact same thing she did, and doesn't at all see the irony. She's also clearly playing a character now, at least when she was a mean girl on the Bachelor I bought that she was being herself, now its like she's turned everything up to eleven to get attention. I'm surprised that everyone was trying to be supportive and not just smirking at karma at work, I guess its not a great look to kick someone on their birthday. 

Sam already seems like she's going to bring the mess, but I did love how quickly she shut Sean down, you could see his dumb Ken face deflating. "Did your mom tell you that?" 

Brayden and Rachel actually seemed pretty cute together, she was actually smiling and joking, not like her usual vibes of desperation, weird intensity, and self importance. Not sure how into Rachel Brayden really is though, I can imagine that he's just checking on lots of options so that he can stay. 

I cant believe how far we are into the show, no one even seems close to talking about going out for coffee in the real world, let alone an engagement. 

• Like 3
On 10/29/2023 at 3:56 PM, ljenkins782 said:

This franchise has a surprisingly high success rate for such a silly, frothy summer show and there's usually at least one couple that gets together right away and just hangs out on vacation the whole time

Isn’t this couple usually two people who came on the show hoping the specific other one would be there? I think it’s only Avian and Kaiyleigh who fall into that category.

• Like 1