Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E03: Motown Night

• Start Topic

Julianne is wearing a version of what the supremes would wear

how does PETA get changed so fast?  Do they film the opening at a different time?

peta was counting to Barry the whole time, I could see her going, “quick, quick, slow” the whole time

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Am I the only one who gets creeped out watching Jason dance? I mean, he's great and gives it his all, but SHUDDER!

I don't get creeped out by his dancing, but I have to admit he's a rather odd looking dude.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, chicagofan said:

Charity, that's how you channel your inner Supreme.

That looked like a dance scene from some '60s show or something, it was really cute and fun. And she looked so glamorous in her dress. 

Bruno's whole thing with Michael while commenting on Mira's dance...XD. 

• Like 5

Yeah, I agree that there could've been a little more character in that dance. I get what she was going for and I saw some of it, but there could've been a little more heat, especially given the song they were dancing to. But I agree that she's got the technique down fairly well. 

Ariana's dance was fun. 

• Like 2

Oh, my god, Xochitl's dance. That was adorable. And she looks so cute in that getup! She reminds me a bit of Kimbra with that look. 

That was a lovely note to end on, that was a very charming dance. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I watched America’s Next Top Model from the beginning- it shut my brain off when I was working on my dissertation- and it lead to my addiction to reality TV Competition shows. I remember Tyra (back when she was relatable) talking about how d being a dancer could be an impediment to being a model. I think that goes both ways, Tyson knew how to pose but did not know how to move.

On a shallow note, every time I saw Tyson on my screen I “swooned”. The archaic word “swoon” never came to my mind with him - rehearsals, performances, etc.

I really want Mauricio to go away from TV screen forever… (which really has less to do with DWTS than RHOBH

• Like 2

It's tough to make Julianne look dumpy. Congrats, show, you did it! Yeesh, what a getup.

When the other judges were talking to Ariana and Pasha, Carrie Ann looked like a robot that had gone into sleep mode. She was staring straight ahead, expressionless. It was hilarious.

I think Lele is really good but the judges don't seem to like her, they are insistent on nitpicking her dances. I wonder what kind of votes she's getting.

I don't understand how Mauricio is still there. Has anyone heard of this guy before? Maybe people think he's John Turturro. That's who he looks like.

Jason was mouthing the words to the whole song they danced to. Don't the judges hate that? They all fawned over his dance and gave no criticisms but then he got two 8s. WTF.

My TV froze for the first half of Alyson's dance. Her hair was really cute styled that way though.

I wonder if they underscored Charity last week because they didn't want the sub pro getting higher scores than Artem.

Mira is still in her head too much. You can see it in her face. 

Who is voting for Adrian, and why? His face is so scary. It's even worse when he's smiling. To borrow a joke from Big Bang Theory, "You're here to dance, you're not here to kill Batman."

Surprised Harry is still there, he did some actual steps this week but he has zero musicality. But he seems like such a sweetheart I'm not surprised he's getting votes.

Xochitl looks like a pro to me. I don't see how she doesn't win. 32 was a low score.

That spin Tyson and Jenna did at the end of their dance looked really clumsy and awkward. He probably should have lasted longer than Adrian or Harry though. 

• Like 6

I am really enjoying Jason Mraz & Xochitl Gomez...they got my votes this week.  It seems like Michael Strahan was just there to give high scores & only positive feedback( I mean, really, what does Michael know about Ballroom dance?!)  I Love Derek's brooches...so interesting looking!

• Like 6
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I am really enjoying Jason Mraz & Xochitl Gomez...they got my votes this week.  It seems like Michael Strahan was just there to give high scores & only positive feedback( I mean, really, what does Michael know about Ballroom dance?!)  I Love Derek's brooches...so interesting looking!

Michael was there as  GUEST judge ....I thot he did great! He admitted he knows NOTHING about dancing!!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I cannot believe Tyson went over Harry Jowsey. No matter what Harry Jowsey cannot dance. At this rate I’m terrifed of him making the finals. 

the quickstep by Ariana was incredible. Pasha had great choreo 

Daniella and Jason didn’t disappoint with the jive. Loved it..but jive is my favorite dance so you would be hard pressed to find a jive I didn’t love. 

Lele was a hot mess tonight

mira is so unsure of herself and it’s all over her face

Val’s partner makes too many crazy faces and it’s annoying. 

• Like 8
11 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I think it's the faces he makes and all the singing along. The dancing itself is fine.

That's odd because Val's partner makes a lot of faces like a Broadway show musical dancing to the back row but her dancing is sloppy, she's not quite as smooth as Benji Mraz. An 8 was generous because that slip did interfere with the flow. 

Edited by Andiethewestie

Speaking for myself, it is all about Ariana & Pasha, and Jason & Daniella. That was the baddest (good way) Quickstep I have ever seen! I kept thinking Damn, Pasha!

Pasha & Daniella are the best things to happen to this show in years. 

Jenna & Dani popped out babies in the last year, you would never guess. 

I am uncomfortable with Adrian because of the domestic violence stuff. Yeah, judgey me. 

• Like 4