Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

It says something (to me) about this new iteration of RHoNY that I don’t race here to post something…and when I get here I can’t think of anything to say about the episode!

It’s just not interesting enough. I’ll go further to say that it is mostly tedious. That can’t be a good recipe for a reality show?

Same here. Remember how we used to run here after watching a new episode, and there would already be four or five pages of posts to read, and new posts were pouring in?

Sai has very little control over her temper. She shifts very quickly from irritated to yelling furiously. Her poor children.

• Like 17
  • Love 1

Does anyone follow BravoandCocktails on IG? I read that Sais husband was married when they met and she was working for him. He cheated on his wife with her. She won’t sign on for season two if this is brought up on the show. 

• Mind Blown 1
50 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Same here. Remember how we used to run here after watching a new episode, and there would already be four or five pages of posts to read, and new posts were pouring in?

Those were the days!  I remember not being able to wait for certain days of the week to come because I was dying to see what happened next.   It’s been a LONG time since I’ve felt that way about a Bravo show…👎

I miss those fun escapes 😕

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Sai reminds me of Jen Shah. It’s not okay to yell at people like that, ever. Jessel has won me over, and I also respect her marriage unlike her coworkers.

I had to force myself to watch this show in little pieces. This is how I felt when I knew I wanted and needed to quit smoking but I was still smoking.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
22 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So we find out that Pivot has been to Vietnam two other times (obviously prior to being on this show) so for Jessel this is nothing new but it is to the others.  How much would it have been to just buy additional points or use the airline credit card and buy everything on it?

Taking flights only for the purpose of earning airline status is very much a thing. I've done it several times--including one international trip. It's not just about earning the miles/points. Most programs require a certain number of flights and/or miles flown to achieve the highest status tiers.

The different airline programs have different methods for earning status, and I'm assuming he must be a member of one that requires a certain number of miles flown to get status--so credit card spend and/or buying points is not enough.

There are many websites and newsletters targeted precisely at people who want to earn or maintain airline status. I subscribe to a few.

Maybe Sai and Erin just buy first-class or business-class seats when they fly, so they have no idea what airline status is or the perks that come with status.

I have status with a couple of airlines, and I love the free checked bags, early boarding, and WAY better customer service I get with my preferred airlines.

A $900 first-class flight from NY to Vietnam? If it was on an airline I had status, I'd definitely be taking that deal as often as I could get away!

• Like 16
  • Useful 3

I don’t dislike Ubah but there’s no home life of her and walking around with hot sauce that someone else made isn’t all that entertaining. I think they wanted to recreate the Bethenny element of season one but she had an apartment and her scenes with Jill were fun to watch. None of the interactions with this group seem authentic. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
On 10/9/2023 at 10:17 PM, 65mickey said:

What are the ratings or this show? Andy Cohen has been carrying on about this cast being a big hit since before the first episode aired.  These women are trying way too hard to be edgy and so fabulous but they are failing miserably. 

The ratings are not good. I posted about it (I think on the Media thread) recently.

Edited to say it was the New Casts; New Spinoffs thread.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

Ugh, Sai is probably the worse Housewife I've seen in ages. A nasty, bitter, jealous shrew.

I totally got the Vietnam thing - as I understand it, Pavit had the chance to buy 3 first-class tickets for $900 each during Covid, as nobody was going anywhere and they were so cheap. Each round trip earns (I think he said) 15,000 miles, so for $2,700 he's earned 45,000 air miles, which can be used for other tickets or rewards. That is a really good deal. Even better if I misheard and it was 15,000 per leg, so 30,000 per trip.

From a physical perspective, Abe is the husband I find most attractive, I like a man with a slight overbite. But he's revealed himself to be a prize creep so, no, he's gone right down in my estimation. Sai's husband seems like a lunkhead. Does anyone know what he does for a living? They can't be earning enough from Sai's "content creation" to pay for that fancy brownstone. He seems crude and unsophisticated, so I'm guessing he's probably some kind of Wall St trader.

Jenna has found numerous excuses this season to duck out of outings with her cast-mates. Good for her!

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
On 10/9/2023 at 1:55 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It seems Pavit's goal was to use the ticket ion the next few weeks which is what he told Jessel.  They had their staycation.  She said it was related to having it before his trip.  At the same time, we know it was also to fit within the filming timeframe. He bought three tickets that will expire.  He's been able to use two, so he needs to use the last one.  Makes perfect sense.  Whether they understand why he enjoys flying first class to Vietnam for a few days is irrelevant.  Sai and Erin are just being jerks. That behavior does not make them interesting. 

What?  A husband can’t go on a trip by himself?  These women right away say he is fooling around.  What jerks.  My husband cleaned my Fathers whole house after he died.  I gave him $1,000 of my money to go to Vegas t visit his brother for a week.  If guys are going to fool around, they will do it no matter where they are.  Bet Erin does not trust her husband.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4

Like others, I watched the episode the night it aired, but I'm posting now. 

Sai, and Erin think they are the stars of the show, and bully Jessel who they consider less important than themselves, and the rest of the women. Unfortunately for them they appear to be mean, and petty. 

For those who claim that Jenna only pretends to be so nice, I prefer this to actually being a mean girl in reality, and showcase it on tv. 

As for Pavit, I agree that he found three first class tickets to Thailand for only $900 each, and he decided to add miles to his account (and it was nothing beyond that). He didn't go to trips every week, he only went twice in probably a couple of years, and he literally stayed for only hours. It was so nasty of Sai and Erin to imply that it was something nefarious like cheating, and that Jessel was lying about it.

I'm sorry, but I don't find Abe attractive, and his personality doesn't help either.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, essexjan said:

Sai's husband seems like a lunkhead. Does anyone know what he does for a living? They can't be earning enough from Sai's "content creation" to pay for that fancy brownstone. He seems crude and unsophisticated, so I'm guessing he's probably some kind of Wall St trader.

They said in the first episode I think that he quit his job to raise the kids because she’s too important and has to go to many parties and on many trips at the drop of a hat. She’s super important <insert eyeroll> And he’s Mr Mom. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
22 hours ago, kristen111 said:

If only.  According to Andy Cohen, everything is fine and the show is a hit.  I don’t see that.  These women are self centered and obnoxious.  None are funny at all.  The old cast were the best.  Not all New York women are like this.  Why do we have to hear sob stories about how hard their lives were.  Who gives a shit?

Well Andy Cohen is full of crap and I’m tired of his tagging WWHL to real housewives shows, messeS up my recordings.

21 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

It’s just not interesting enough. I’ll go further to say that it is mostly tedious. That can’t be a good recipe for a reality show?

Tedious - thank you, that is the perfect one word descriptor of this season.

• Like 10

I almost didn’t watch this show with this episode title after Erin and Abe told us their big plan to become swingers in the near future. Speaking of these people’s sex lives that I don’t want to know about, I admit that I thought this spending 24 hours on an airplane to grab a banh mi and then get on a 24-hour flight back sounded like an absolutely ludicrous cover story for some suss behavior, as I’m way to old to say. But after seeing Pavit’s blank puppy dog stare in response to the line of questioning, he truly did not even get what they were alleging. Plus, unlike Jenna Fucking Lyons, I fly coach, which would be absolute hell to be stuck on a long flight. But it sounds like he goes for those bougie business class pods that I’ve only seen in commercials, so maybe the plane ride is a vacation in itself to him. I mean Penelope Cruz really wants me to think so in her latest series of Emirates commercials; I‘m picturing Pavit holding up a glass of champagne in the private room next to her’s.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t imagine getting that angry about someone “lying” about her spouse’s departure date for Thailand.  

Oh, that was the other thing I wanted to mention. Yes, I don’t really understand why they cared if he went last week or the following week or whatever. But I also didn’t understand what Jessel was saying they had to “release dates” as if you can’t book a flight around the entire world until the day of?! Huh? Was it such a cheap ticket that it was standby only? Or was this filmed during COVID lockdown and it was a matter of “any day now” we can start flying to Vietnam again? 

• Like 2

From now on, when anyone says anything, Jessel should reply, “I’ve never experienced such a thing and have nothing to add. Please talk more while I simply nod and smile.” What the fuck do they want from this woman? Sai sucks and she’s boring and her husband is a cringe-fest.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, that was the other thing I wanted to mention. Yes, I don’t really understand why they cared if he went last week or the following week or whatever. But I also didn’t understand what Jessel was saying they had to “release dates” as if you can’t book a flight around the entire world until the day of?! Huh? Was it such a cheap ticket that it was standby only? Or was this filmed during COVID lockdown and it was a matter of “any day now” we can start flying to Vietnam again? 

From what I gathered it sounds like he had these tickets booked already and then Covid happened and cancelled the trip so now he has these credits to use up before they expire (or he has to rack up more miles before his current ones do). There was some sort of deadline he had to take this new flight by. It then sounded like he was waiting for flight availability to come out so he could use these miles/credits whatever to book the new flight. And when it opens up you have to jump on it because they sell out quickly, and for his purposes he’s just gonna go whenever the dates show space (hence no set departure date). I honestly only half listen to this show so this jumbled mess is sort of what I got from it, but from being in the industry, what he’s saying makes sense. And what she said made sense, she just didn’t say it in a way these women understood. Pavits not cheating, he’s just racking up miles probably because the next time they fly long haul somewhere and he has to buy 4 tickets, he doesn’t wanna pay for them. 

And like others said before, what he’s doing is quite common and has been done long before him. I had friends who would fly from Lax to JFK and back again for the same reasons. All the time. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
6 hours ago, hottesthw said:

They said in the first episode I think that he quit his job to raise the kids because she’s too important and has to go to many parties and on many trips at the drop of a hat. She’s super important <insert eyeroll> And he’s Mr Mom. 

Sai also said that he is retired. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

Sai also said that he is retired. 

For some reason, I thought maybe he had started a company and then sold it for a bunch of money, which is why he could be retired now.

Or maybe he made a bunch of money on Wall Street and then retired, at least for a few years.

I can't believe she earns enough as a content creator to fund the lifestyle they depict on the show.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 10/9/2023 at 7:05 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Erin's husband reminds me of when Jerry Seinfeld got a bad hair cut.

image.png.6675980b6810b2d07ebf9bbebcdb7397.png

image.png.76c3df784b7c62b6743f23c7e0b5cf9c.png

Not that it has much to do with anything and I never saw this particular episode of Seinfeld, but this looks way better than his usual hairdo throughout the show. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Not that it has much to do with anything and I never saw this particular episode of Seinfeld, but this looks way better than his usual hairdo throughout the show. 

It does.

• Like 2
On 10/9/2023 at 9:21 PM, rlc said:

There are many things I could say about Sai, but I’ll just keep it brief. Sai is a c**t.

YES!!  Its like she's been studying Tamra from OC - her mannerisms are pure Tamara - I hate Tamara and therefore, hate Sai.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I don't necessarily doubt the legitimacy of any of them being sick since new covid strains have been going around, but I do have questions. Namely, if Brynn was sick and quarantining, then why was someone there filming her? And where was Brynn staying where she could be filmed, since she supposedly isn't allowed to film in her apartment? 

Are we sure there was a film crew? The camera never leaves the frame. It made me think maybe a stationary camera in her apartment, which would be fine. 

• Like 4
On 10/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

She is not that great an influencer, she has absolutely no style or taste

Exactly!  When I think of a fashionista that I would admire, I think of a creative person, someone with style and a certain look.  Sai can't carry clothes.  Honestly, I can go to my local Target and see ten women who are more interesting looking than this run of the mill chick.  It goes beyond clothes; I mean hair and make-up too.  The whole package.  She's about as basic and uninspiring as you can get.  Plus her personality is stank and she doesn't seem that smart.

I was one of the few who started out excited about the new cast.  I gave them a real chance.  Good Lord, what a terrible bunch of women.  I'm over it.  They don't like each other.  They talk to one another only to run and tell another person and then run and tell another person about that conversation.  There's not loyalty, there's no friendship.  I honestly hate every one of them.  My ambivalence about Jenna isn't enough to save this train wreck.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

Exactly!  When I think of a fashionista that I would admire, I think of a creative person, someone with style and a certain look.  Sai can't carry clothes.  Honestly, I can go to my local Target and see ten women who are more interesting looking than this run of the mill chick.  It goes beyond clothes; I mean hair and make-up too.  The whole package.  She's about as basic and uninspiring as you can get.  Plus her personality is stank and she doesn't seem that smart.

I was one of the few who started out excited about the new cast.  I gave them a real chance.  Good Lord, what a terrible bunch of women.  I'm over it.  They don't like each other.  They talk to one another only to run and tell another person and then run and tell another person about that conversation.  There's not loyalty, there's no friendship.  I honestly hate every one of them.  My ambivalence about Jenna isn't enough to save this train wreck.  

100%

Her Instagram posts are also joyless.

• Like 5
19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I laughed at the mayonnaise all over Ubah and the chef’s face.

Thank you for the heads up!  How far into the episode?  I have a mayo issue, cannot smell, look at, eat.  This scene would have me heaving.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Thank you for the heads up!  How far into the episode?  I have a mayo issue, cannot smell, look at, eat.  This scene would have me heaving.

OMG, speaking of.  I made a BLT the other night with mayo.  Food poisoning for 6 hours.  Thought I would die.  It was at the bottom of the jar.  Thank God for my husband who took care of me all night.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 5
  • Sad 1
On 10/9/2023 at 1:04 PM, realityplease said:

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention - but I thought when Brynn was being filmed during her covid quarantine (as when she spoke to Ubah while Ubah was in a bubble bath), she was supposedly being filmed by her cellphone.

As for Sai & Erin - they're despicable. Jessel is a try-hard & can be tone-deaf to other's emotions, but she didn't seem to be purposefully deceitful to Sai or Erin - nor trying to upset Sai, but simply trying to connect in an awkward way.  For Sai to keep insisting that she didn't care & didn't want to be there was flat out mean & intentionally hurtful.  That's not a "truth-teller" - that's an asshole. 

As for Pavit & his points - it IS a thing.  I don't blame him for wanting a brief escape with first class service - at a great discounted price - in order to garner points for later use on a family vacation AND get a brief pampering.  (I used to call the airport my "happy place" when once every month for five years (!) I escaped to go home cross-country for a day or two - both to get a respite from being caregiver to two stroke-impaired parents for the rest of the month & to touch base with my regular life.)  Eating caviar at 36,000 miles, having a banh mi before  returning home doesn't seem like a bad deal nor imply something like sex tourism or whatever the hell Sai & Erin were mean-girl suggesting. Better they should pay attention to their own lives, husbands & children.

I agree.  What man loves golf, sporting events, etc. etc.  They need an outlet also.  I think what Pavit likes to chill out is great.  Jessel is smart to let him enjoy his time away to decompress.  I like them both.  The other two are shrews.

When do we find out if this show is cancelled?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I agree.  What man loves golf, sporting events, etc. etc.  They need an outlet also.  I think what Pavit likes to chill out is great.  Jessel is smart to let him enjoy his time away to decompress.  I like them both.  The other two are shrews.

When do we find out if this show is cancelled?

Bravo doesn't announce cancellations. Shows just...die. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think it’s approximately 10-15 minutes in. You will see Ubah entering a vegan restaurant called Beatnic. She greets a woman first, then speaks with the chef. She enthuses about pretzel buns. The chef builds a sandwich, adding a layer of what looks like could be a slaw (it’s vegan; maybe they used aquafaba instead; would that be easier for you to view?) and then they each reach for one of these sandwiches. 

[close your eyes here]

There is a hilarious amount of what I think is mayo/vegan mayo on her cheek. But it’s less than a second of screen time. 

I would love to hear about your mayo issue, because I used to have one, too!

• Like 2
On 10/8/2023 at 9:51 PM, Pi237 said:

Ugh hate these forced gushing about your spouse scenes.  They knew how to answer so they wouldn't have to pay for it off camera. Totally insincere.

Is this just me?… When I saw the looks on their faces as Pavit was answering, I thought they were being judgey because Pavit was saying *the exact same thing Abe had just said.* I thought they were thinking, “Sheesh, he steals answers just like his wife!” So then to hear that, no, they were just judging his actual answer…. It’s odd! It was the same as Abe’s answer!!  

• Like 4
On 10/9/2023 at 7:30 AM, snarts said:

Unpopular opinion but Sai doesn't bother me and I understood her irritation with the lunch. Jessel invited her, then was 40 minutes late and ridiculed her for not drinking. Jessel stated her goal was to reassure Sai that she wasn't trying to compare background stories only to quickly add that her uncle was an alcoholic like Sai's mom. I had whiplash watching it.

I don’t disagree with you, but I think both things can be true. I agree that Jessel should never have been that late (especially without being DEEPLY apologetic about it) and that Jessel lacks basic self-awareness. Comparing her uncle to Sai’s mom after Sai had *just* expressed annoyance about Jessel comparing their lives was…well, CRINGE, as the kids say. 

BUT!!! Sai can lose me with “I was offended that you talked about my mom” when Sai herself had just talked about her mom! Extensively! On camera! Is Jessel supposed to be a mind reader? Plus, Sai seems to be looking for reasons to pick apart Jessel and her relationship. They’re both flawed.

On 10/9/2023 at 7:56 AM, kristen111 said:

So happy to know Erin gave Abe a Bj.  Now I can go on with my day.  Ugh!

Yeeeesh. I am far from a prude, and I have been watching this show for many years so I have obviously heard some things, but for some reason that disclosure grossed me out. 

• Like 3
On 10/9/2023 at 2:24 PM, dancingdreamer said:

. I don't  like any of them, they need to recast the whole show, or lose the few viewers they do have.

I actually think that, on paper, these were good casting choices. Jessel is a villain, but she doesn’t *mean* to be a villain - she just lacks self-awareness - which is a personality that typically works well for a RHW (Vicki Gunvalson, Ramona Singer). Brynn is quick-witted and can be funny, and has an interesting back story. Ubah is also fun and funny, and isn’t afraid to wade into the drama sporadically. Jenna is genuinely successful and interesting. Erin and Sai understand the assignment and bring the drama. 

The problem is… maybe they understand the assignment a bit *too* well? I want to like this cast, and there are genuinely entertaining moments… but they do seem like a collection of individuals rather than a “cast.” They don’t seem to have organic relationships with each other. 

This begs the question: can one assemble a RHW cast from scratch in 2023 and create magic? I don’t know. It would be one thing if these folks were related to each other or were genuinely already friends. But when you throw them all together like this, they’re out for themselves, they’re pretty savvy, and they act accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ladle said:

I don’t disagree with you, but I think both things can be true. I agree that Jessel should never have been that late (especially without being DEEPLY apologetic about it) and that Jessel lacks basic self-awareness. Comparing her uncle to Sai’s mom after Sai had *just* expressed annoyance about Jessel comparing their lives was…well, CRINGE, as the kids say. 

BUT!!! Sai can lose me with “I was offended that you talked about my mom” when Sai herself had just talked about her mom! Extensively! On camera! Is Jessel supposed to be a mind reader? Plus, Sai seems to be looking for reasons to pick apart Jessel and her relationship. They’re both flawed.

Yeeeesh. I am far from a prude, and I have been watching this show for many years so I have obviously heard some things, but for some reason that disclosure grossed me out. 

I’m wondering what her Daddy thought about that!

• Like 1

So Erin keeps claiming that she loves having sex with her husband. But at the Swingers Golf outing, she announces that she’s “good” for a couple of days, because she performed oral sex on Abe that day. 

This suggests to me that she doesn’t actually love having sex with Abe. She keeps score. 

• Like 3