Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 All Episodes Discussion

shantown
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Last night, the only 2 performances I cared about were Ruby’s (Blue) and Noah’s (Where Rainbows Never Die). Plus more squished or montaged Knockouts. 

Glad Ruby and Noah both made it through. 

3 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Last night, the only 2 performances I cared about were Ruby’s (Blue) and Noah’s (Where Rainbows Never Die). Plus more squished or montaged Knockouts. 

I’ve heard renditions of Blue a million times but Ruby’s was fantastic.  I also liked the blonde braids dude . Guess him  and  Ruby are front runners.  Was Noah the other country singer they went up with braids? He was good. 

been enjoying Winona .

Poor Gwen I fear her team will be voted off first 

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I love Noah’s voice even though I’m not a country fan. I was shocked that Niall didn’t save him, but you could tell he was conflicted about what to do. 

Figures. One of the few singers I was remotely interesting it, the girl that could pass for a doll who happens to sing a mean Paramore gets montaged and we don't even get to here second of her KO song. And she loses to that trashy country singer that thinks she a little too cool for school. And a random different contestants actually sings another Paramore song when she absolutely shouldn't of..

Disappointed in Rachel (the young girl on Reba's team from Hawaii) decided to sing Maddie & Tae's Die from a Brokenheart. That was absolutely the wrong song for her, and I wonder if Reba saw it as a little bit of pandering to her..

Huntley wasn't as good on Wanted Dead or Alive as he should've been (and was during rehearsals.

Interested to see who might be brought back. I gotta believe Niall is going to bring back that really young 13 year old from his final KO. Not sure about anybody else. Maybe the young kid who had just lost his mother who seemed to bond w/ Reba??

• Like 1
On 11/16/2023 at 12:04 AM, ChristmasJones said:

Is Reba wearing a wig or is that her real hair?  (serious question)

It looks like a really expensive wig to me. But who knows. 

so we’ve got a Super Duper Save round coming up…..

• Like 1

Ugh, tonight’s first hour is *another* clip show.

ETA: argh, the whole 2 hours was a clip show except for the last few minutes when all the coaches sang “Take It Easy”. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Update
2 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

My local channel list shows the first hour of The Voice tonight as a rerun with only new content in the second hour. That’s a lot of rehash if true. 

Given the strikes and the threadbare Fall programming, they likely needed to help fill some time

• Like 1

FFS Niall! You had one job! And that job was to not take Nini & Mara to the lives. They might has well be the same person (or onstage singing persona).

Huntley was a no-brainer, despite being a little underwhelming for the second performance in a row.

Julia was a no-brainer to supersave based on her Sia performance. She was also a no-brainer to let go because True Colors was too nervous & shaky to advance, especially the first verse.

Claudia B. was quite good, and I would've of been crushed had she of been Niall's 3rd choice. Fields of Gold is one of my all-time favorite songs, and when I heard Alexa was going to do it, I just knew she was going to deliver at worst an A minus level performance.

Cynical PhD brain wonders, did Niall do that in part to help clear the road for Huntley? Because ultimately Nini/Mara will cannibalize each other and they will be eliminated sooner rather than later..

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Cynical PhD brain wonders, did Niall do that in part to help clear the road for Huntley? Because ultimately Nini/Mara will cannibalize each other and they will be eliminated sooner rather than later..

Good call!  I was confused myself because it seemed like Huntley and Mara were the obvious choices (Huntley because he has a good shot at winning and Mara because Niall is in lurve with her, lol) but I thought for sure Alexa had a lock on the third spot.  It's a shame because of the two Joni Mitchell wannabe's, Alexa was definitely the superior one in my opinion.

• Like 1

Really disappointed that Reba didn’t keep Noah. I think it was a mistake to keep both Ruby and the chick with the sunglasses, it seems like they will cancel each other out. I would’ve kept Ruby and Noah for sure, on the fence about the third choice. 

Also disappointed in Gwen’s decision to let Lennon go. The whole “bring back anyone from any team” thing has been a big anticlimactic let down so far. 
It really is ridiculous how many recaps they do in this show, yet they couldn’t be bothered to show all the knockout performances last week. It’s horrible when they just montage people completely out of the show without showing a proper goodbye. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, desertflower said:

It really is ridiculous how many recaps they do in this show, yet they couldn’t be bothered to show all the knockout performances last week. It’s horrible when they just montage people completely out of the show without showing a proper goodbye. 

Yes the Super Save seems to be one big ridiculous fail. And they really chucked out a lot of good singers with their edits. I wanted Noah to stay as well. 

On 11/28/2023 at 8:16 PM, TravelingLady said:

Hands down, Ruby is my favorite. I loved, loved, LOVED her rendition of Linda Ronstadt's Long Long Time. I wish she recorded it as a single so I could hear the song in it's entirety!

Agree.  I really only watched the voice for Blake.  I’ve checked out of it a Few years back. But this year there are some really talented performers.

Ruby s getting buzz everywhere even from non voice watchers.  I keep thinking about what songs I would like to hear from her. Maybe she could try Blue Bayou? Not sure why are a kept both gals . They are both very talented but could run the risk of canceling each other out. Niall Was the smart one and made a clear path for the guy with the braids to make it to the finale.

I think Gwen’s team will be picked off first. The other three coaches have some really good talent. So that’ll make it interesting.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

As always, the change over to live performances disappoints. I was pretty much meh on the whole group. 

9 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

As always, the change over to live performances disappoints. I was pretty much meh on the whole group. 

I fell asleep not a good sign.  

i saw Ruby she sang well.  I’m familiar with Reba the personality not her songs except Fancy. I guess it  was a good interpretation. I saw the young guy on Gwen’s team his performance did nothing for me. I thought the guy with the braids played it very safe with Joe Cocker but it sounded good.

why only one vote? That’s crazy.  I threw mine to Ruby. 

• Like 1

If it plays true to form, then basically all of the females except for Ruby & (maybe) Lila are in immediate jeopardy tonight. I expect some combination of Kara Tenae, Mara Justine, Nini Iris,  & Azan to be the 3 who go home.

I thought Mac was his usual solid self. I thought Tanner at least took a homerun swing with Fall Out Boy. His execution only reached the level of ground rule double. Maybe.

Every time I want to be more impressed by Huntley than I actually end up being.

I think Jackie Roar will survive tonight, but I do wonder if doing a song that wouldn't have been super well known was the right play on the very first audience voted on show.

I never know quite what to think about Jordan...

• Like 1

What happened to Gwen’s guy at the end? Could he not hear the music or was he just nervous.   Felt bad for him. Gwen did a good job making him feel better.

Glad Reba’s gal got the save.  Only having one vote is going to hurt contestants without a huge social  media following.  I gladly would have thrown out sone more votes last nite if given the opportunity.

Rebas song got me all choked up.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Like 2

I felt terrible for poor Tanner tonight. What happened to him? It's like he couldn't even hear the music, he was so off. I liked him best when he sang She's Always a Woman with Lennon.

While I didn't love Ruby's live song yesterday, she's my pick to go all the way. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TravelingLady said:

I felt terrible for poor Tanner tonight. What happened to him? It's like he couldn't even hear the music, he was so off. I liked him best when he sang She's Always a Woman with Lennon.

Same. I was bummed he was in the bottom four but hopeful he could pull off a save… until he started singing. I had to fast forward through his performance. 

12 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

I never know quite what to think about Jordan...

She’s funny but I don’t find her voice very pleasant to listen to. And would it kill her to smile just once? I think her woman in black schtick is growing old. I think she realized that she’s not connecting with the viewers and finally took off her glasses for her save song. I think she deserved to go through simply because she sang the most in tune out of the four. Overall the save performances were underwhelming to down right bad. 

• Like 3

Color me surprised that Jackie made the final 5. I just don’t like her voice.Lila, Ruby, Huntley and the short dark haired woman whose name escapes me from Nial’s team are the other finalists. I’d have picked Bias or Mac over Jackie. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Irish name autocorrect

Have to disagree, Jacquie was awful on both songs. Shouting is not singing. Lila was also bad. I can't believe they applauded that mess but the coaches are useless at this stage. It should come down to Ruby and Mara if we're going by performances. I'd rather Ruby win than Huntley even if I hate country. Huntley was okay but just...kind of there. His hair has more charisma than the rest of him. 

• Like 1