Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E01: The Amazing Race Is Back! LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

This seems like a lopsided Detour. Almost everyone will go for the spa. I think they banked on some people giving up on it because it's too painful. I'm worried for Malaina and Andrea now. They kind of crack me up. "Out of towners! Out of towners!"

• Like 1
Just now, Quilt Fairy said:

A trip to Patagonia?  It sounds awesome!

I'd love to spend time there!

Just now, iMonrey said:

This seems like a lopsided Detour. Almost everyone will go for the spa. I think they banked on some people giving up on it because it's too painful.

Not to mention that there are a limited number of spots at the spa.  But at least the indecisive siblings went fo the swords as well.

Uh oh.  Switching is not necessarily a good thing.

• Like 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

Lots of teams left. Is this a two parter or a cliff hanger?

I’m thinking we’ll get a huge bunching before the episode ends.

Just now, Browncoat said:

Unless they're like that idiot "super fan" who got eliminated with the express pass in his pocket.

Cut to Phil: “Oy vey.” That was hilarious.

• Like 1
Just now, Browncoat said:

Unless they're like that idiot "super fan" who got eliminated with the express pass in his pocket.

I forgot about that! But that aside. It would make no sense to use it on this leg when they were in the first group unless they really got tripped up on a task. They will save it for when they are struggling on a task or get lost and need to make up time. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Grizzly said:

Ugh, the sound of the clarinet is awful!

That team is gonna hear that in their nightmares.

ETA: Natch, the show brings it out for the credits.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Oh how I loved having the race back.  That was a fun episode.  Loved the high wire to start the race.  They did that on TAR Canada and the mad scramble to the airport.  Love having airports back.  That massage looked very painful.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Kind of a sucky 1st place prize.

I'm pretty sure they don't have to go to  Patagonia if they don't want to.  Presumably they can use the "points" for a different trip, or even cash them in.

I've never really got the travel prizes anyway - you've just taken a bunch of time off work, now you're going to ask for more?  And who get the prize if, say they're friends with spouses, or father/daughter with other children/a partner?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I'm pretty sure they don't have to go to  Patagonia if they don't want to.  Presumably they can use the "points" for a different trip, or even cash them in.

I've never really got the travel prizes anyway - you've just taken a bunch of time off work, now you're going to ask for more?  And who get the prize if, say they're friends with spouses, or father/daughter with other children/a partner?

They don't have to take the trip right away.  They have a fairly long period in which to use it.  And Patagonia?  Beautiful beautiful prize!

I loved this first episode.  It washed that horrible Emily on Survivor out of my brain cells.  And back to being the amazing part of the amazing race traveling the whole world again.  I had missed airports so very much.

Also no damn super loud pounding music drowning out conversations.  The 90 minute format is beautiful for TAR.  You get to know the teams far better.  Humanity mixed in with the "action."  Loving it so far.

• Like 5