Type keyword(s) to search

S20:E04. New Orleans is the Perfect Place to Find Love!

• Start Topic

The six guys, just off the paddleboat, sit at green iron round tables at a cafe! Charity just happens to come along. And by coincidence, a horse and carriage stop by the jolly party. One on one date with Joey!

• Like 2

I like Joey.  I don’t think he is F1, but I think he is what self-proclaimed “nice guys” claim to be but rarely are…a truly nice guy in the best sense of the term.  

• Like 11

While they are traveling around the French Quarter, I'm keeping an eye out for Carmela's scrapbooking shop and Ava's voodoo store.

Now Charity and Joey are at an Insta-Poem stand. The insta-poet asks questions and composes a poem while they chat. In the background you can see the blurred legs of onlookers.

Yuck, the creepy Megs commercial.

• Like 2

The not a dinner date. Time for Charity to interview Joey about her meeting his family. She asks him how he feels about interracial relationship. Her last relationship was interracial and it fell apart.

• Like 3

Back at the hotel, ominous knocking. The guys just happened to be on the sofa. Someone reads the date card:

Sean and Tanner--

it's time to find clarity,

Meet me in the bayou,

Love, Charity.

Did Charity ask the insta-poet to whip another poem out or did was she inspired by him?

Sean is incredibly ticked off and having a hissy fit. Tanner (or someone else) says, "I have to go to the bathroom." Dramatic pause for commercials.

• Like 5

The lads are side by side, scowling in the back seat of the limo. They arrive at the bayou.

In the boat they see inquisitive alligators and dine on crawfish by the swamp. Both are going to dinner. Rats! I thought one would be left stranded in the bayou, encircled by hungry alligators.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Evening in the city. They might be at Commander's Palace? Not sure. Or it could be anybody's house with a bunch of flags in the front yard. Tanner is left alone with the food while Sean and Charity go off to talk. Oops, my bad, Charity and Sean are at the table, while Tanner waits outside in the dusk holding a drink, moodily soliloquizing, red neon sign in the background.

Now Tanner and Charity are at the table, talking about past traumatic relationships. Sean is outside, saying he's not worried about Tanner.

Aaron is very taxed by the whole situation.

Whoa, Dotun gets another date card. Aaron B is ANGRY. Red railroad crossing lights flash, is that an omen for Aaron? 

Charity ponders who should get the rose. She decides not to hand out a rose. She's not sending either home right now.

The top of Aaron's head will blow off.💣

And Sean is major pissed and complains to Tanner. He refers to Charity as "this girl" whi is now being unreasonable. Hmmm ...

• Like 3

Not Commander's Palace, according to Google maps street view.

One on one time! A fun run is the perfect way to find love! They wear silly costumes. And the race starts!

• Like 3

Sean and Tanner talking to other guys about the two on one. Tanner is mellow and OK about it. Sean is all overwrought and complaining.

Back at the race, Charity and Dotun stop for a beer and a bite to eat. They meet a guy who is married for 58 years. They ask what his secret is. Two words, he says: "Yes dear."

• Like 2

Sean is a petulant baby who is not nearly as attractive as he thinks he is.

Tanner looks like a dozen other contesticles who I’m seen on BIP. I’m sure he’ll fit in well when he eventually arrives in Mexico.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Ominous knocking! An envelope! Aaron, Xavier, Tanner, Sean - next stop hometowns! Charity.

Sean is upset again. He says if Charity throws a rose at Dotun's chest he'll -- forgot what he said. Dotun walks in and talks about his date. Sean gets up and walks away.

• Like 2

Sean walks down the hotel hallway to Charity's room. He needs clarity! and validation! Charity says she didn't give out a rose at the two on one because she was conflicted.  She has better connections with others.

And she's going to ditch him! She says she can't give what he wants from her. She tells him he will find his soulmate in Paradise and shows him the door. (Not really about the soulmate.) Sean walks away, shaking his head in frustration. Charity sobs.

He'll have a good time in Paradise.

• Like 5

A small group gor the group date--Tanner, Aaron and Xavier.

Cheering for Xavier. Rose! Rose! Rose!

Aaron and Charity converse. He says he's frustrated, seeing other guys get one on ones and roses. That lavender color is really nice--she looks good in it.

Now she and Tanner talk. And Aaron and Xavier talk about being nervous. Now it's Xavier's turn. I wonder if he knit his sweater. He says it scares him to commit himself forever to one person. He's not in love with Charity yet. She looks sad.

She gives a rose to Aaron, but doesn't give a rose to either Tanner or Xavier. She's undecided between them and will hand out the rose at the rose ceremony.

Now will Jesse start the rose ceremony by saying, "Gentlemen, the last rose" since there is only one rose tonight..

• Like 2

Charity comes down to Tanner's room. I'm afraid this will be a let him down gently scene. She's crying as she tells him--in many words--she's not giving him a rose. It was nice for her to tell him privately.

Tanner is super nice. He's disappointed and hurt but only has nice things to say about Charity. He'd be an OK bachelor.

She then goes to see Xavier. She's kind of tough with them, but does give him a rose. She really likes him.

I wonder if they will go to Hawaii next week.

More tears next week!

They show the luggage guy waiting to know if he'll be pulling Sean's or Tanner's suitcase. Phone finally rings, Jesse tells him not to pull either suitcase. Luggage guy frustrated at a wasted evening 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, MissPriss said:

Sean’s bachelor audition. 🙄

Oh no .  Please let it be Joey if he’s not chosen.  

no wonder Brayden and Aaron didn’t like each both high maintenance and full of drama. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I like Joey.  I don’t think he is F1, but I think he is what self-proclaimed “nice guys” claim to be but rarely are…a truly nice guy in the best sense of the term.  

I’d watch if he’s the next Bach.

• Like 11

Joey is the only man who could carry being the bachelor. These others are low key, boring or fake (Sean).  Charity won’t chose an interracial relationship again. 

My prediction is Joey. What does it say about this season that the most interesting element is who’s next bachelor? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I felt bad for Tanner. She dragged him through 2 almost rose ceremonies only to cut him loose in the end anyway. It’s got to be tough at that point not to say look you clearly are unsure about me and I don’t think that’s a good look for introducing you to my family. 

You can tell she’s attracted to Xavier and knows he has major red flags but she keeps convincing herself that her instincts are wrong. 

• Like 4

Sean didn't seem to realize that even if she liked him *slightly* more than Tanner on the two-on-one date, giving him a rose would mean she'd have to send someone else home before hometowns. She was basically telling both those two guys that they were "bottom two."

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I think Xavier is not there and probably won't get there in time.  I also think her connection with him came late so not sure how much they know each other (not that any of them really know each other).  She was very wishy-washy about him on their one-on-one and I'm not sure him basically telling her he's not sure if he can be married to one person really helped his case.  I also think that may have cost him a shot at being the next bachelor.  I think this might be a nice break for him from his Ph.D. program but he's not there to actually get chosen. 

I don't think she's really into Aaron at all.  I think she just likes him marginally better than Sean or Tanner.  He seems very whiney. 

As a side note, Tanner looks so much like a past contestant but I just can't remember who.  He seems like a really nice guy but will probably disappoint me in Paradise.

Joey seems like an awesome guy but I do think she is worried about the race issue and at least the previews make it look like his hometown does not go well.   I think Dalton is great and very unlike most contestants we've seen on this show but I'm just not sure I'm feeling it on her side.  I think she really likes him as he seems to be the complete opposite of her ex but is that enough to make a real connection?  I don't see much physical chemistry between them. 

• Like 4

I was on a much-needed vacation for the start of this season and was amazed how little it mattered that this was my first episode and I didn't know who anyone was.  I have come here to comment on the cardigans.  Sean (the blonde on the two on one who can't believe that "girls" may not love him back) is clearly auditioning for DEAD POET'S SOCIETY with all his cardigans.  But the winner is clearly Xavier whose cardigan festooned with lavender flames blew my mind.  

• LOL 11

Charity seems really sweet but I’m going to snark on 2 things that bug me. 

1. She rarely lets anyone speak uninterrupted. Could be an anxiety thing but weird for a psychotherapist.

2. She primarily speaks in TikTok or Gen Z slang. I get that it’s a generational thing - but I’m not THAT old. I’m a Gen X borderline Millenial. It just seems like her vocabulary and conversational skills are all rooted in buzz words and shortcuts. It might make sense for a teenager but it’s unattractive on a grown woman. 

• Like 8

Its impressive that this far into the process I actually like Charity now more than I did when the season started, normally at this point I'm at the very least bit annoyed by the bachelor/ette. This season is so low key, I like the lack of pointless drama so far (for the most part) but I cant believe that we're already at home towns. It feels like the season just started, I hardly even know a lot of the guys yet. 

Asking to chat about your future in a one on one talk is a very high risk high reward. Your either going to immediately shoot to the top of the pack or be sent home, and I knew right away which one Sean would be. She really didn't seem all that into him, this was just speeding up the inevitable. I felt bad for Tanner, he got really jerked around even if Charity didn't mean to, and he took the rejection really well. He seems like a good guy. 

Aaron moping around is a bad look, he's probably going to be next on the chopping block, which is probably a big reason why he's being so pouty. 

Joey is a really cool guy and his hair is ridiculously dreamy. Except for Aaron, who's just kind of alright, I like all of the remaining guys, I just wish I felt like I knew them better. 

I need to know more about the swamp guy who hosted the two person date.

• Like 9
42 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Its impressive that this far into the process I actually like Charity now more than I did when the season started, normally at this point I'm at the very least bit annoyed by the bachelor/ette. This season is so low key, I like the lack of pointless drama so far (for the most part) but I cant believe that we're already at home towns. It feels like the season just started, I hardly even know a lot of the guys yet. 

Aaron moping around is a bad look, he's probably going to be next on the chopping block, which is probably a big reason why he's being so pouty. 

Joey is a really cool guy and his hair is ridiculously dreamy. Except for Aaron, who's just kind of alright, I like all of the remaining guys, I just wish I felt like I knew them better. 

I need to know more about the swamp guy who hosted the two person date.

Totally agree with you on how fast this season seems.  I feel like I know nothing about Aaron except that he seems like a tattle-tale and likes to mope and even less about Xavier other than he likes to knit and his getting his Phd (which I learned from his intro piece, not from any conversations they have had).  Neither one really stands out for me at all in terms of anything they've done on dates or any conversations that they've had.  

All I've really learned about Charity is that she has an ex-boyfriend.  

• Like 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, MissPriss said:

What does it say about this season that the most interesting element is who’s next bachelor? 

Yup that’s all I got out of it is checking out the few candidates for paradise and there really isn’t much selection for lead. Not sure why they’re even having a MTA, it’s all going to be about Braeden. I also get the feeling that whoever she picks, the relationship isn’t going to last. She has no chemistry with anyone. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, Katie111 said:

As a side note, Tanner looks so much like a past contestant but I just can't remember who. 

I see Blake Horstmann, from Becca's season. More known for hooking up with a number of contestants at Stagecoach, then being confronted at Bachelor in Paradise.

• Like 2