Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I live in a tourist town and when people come to visit I do what I can to give them as much of my time as I can but my whole life doesn't just stop because they've decided to come visit. And then Riley wasn't even happy when she changed her plans to spend more time with him. He still felt compelled to continue harping on that. I think it's pretty clear that she's not attracted to him.

I can't agree with this part. Living in a tourist town & people visiting you while they're in said tourist town is totally different to the supposed love of your life flying half way around the world & visiting you for the first time in a foreign country that they're new to and he has every right to be a little upset that she hasn't made any effort to free up some time to spend with him.  At the end of the day he seems like a bit of a dickhead to us but he's not the love of our lives.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, AR Traveler said:

and the day my brother came home, wounded

I hope your brother is doing okay.  I was in elementary school at the time but I know a lot of people took out their frustrations with the war on the returning soldiers, which I have never understood (especially as there was a draft and many didn’t want to be there).

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
(edited)

To me, Nicola is not interested in or attracted to Meisha and that’s why he is so resistant and rude.  That’s why there are no prior lovers. To me, refusal to introduce her to his family is a smokescreen. Better it ends for a reason like that, than the real reason.  I’ll leave it at that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

To me, Nicola is not interested in or attracted to Meisha and that’s why he is so resistant and rude.  That’s why there are no prior lovers. To me, refusal to introduce her to his family is a smokescreen. Better it ends for a reason like that, than the real reason.  I’ll leave it at that.  

I would agree with you but they did have that heavy petting/third base session. Who knows what the heck is going on in that incel's mind.

23 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Mark me as one very disturbed at the way David is almost an exhibit-"Look ant the deaf man!"-and not completely normal in every other way.  Somehow I think he's not picked up on social niceties and manners, but it doesn't seem that he's a bad guy at heart.  I thought of Mary Ingalls at the blind school the first few days, being told not to shuffle or grope around while at table, and wished David had that kind of education.  Maybe Sheila could be an asset for him; I hope so.

Pepper Mostly, I'm surprised you haven't started with the "Fuck you, Riley" yet.

I wonder if it's due to the fact that he eats alone and does alot of that stuff that require social niceties alone. I mean I know alot of ppl's went out the door when Covid happened and we were alone in our homes with no one judging us. 

And Just for you AR Traveler - I agree Riley is just a sex tourist. So: Fuck You Riley!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 7/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, seacliffsal said:

My heart is with Sheila as I think she really, really, really wants a better life and David seems to be the ticket out of poverty for her.  But, really?  He couldn't take time for a shower before bed?  I think they will work out-she seems like she is trying to learn ASL and that will be a huge factor in their futures.

I like Sheila, but feel sorry for her that she would try and hook up with David. David is boring, lack-luster, doesn't have a clue as to how to act in a relationship. Sorry, David, but you just have absolutely ZERO energy. That would drive me up the wall in about five minutes. And how absolutely gross that he didn't take a shower or even brush his teeth before getting into bed. I can't remember now, did he climb into bed fully clothed? Oh, help me. He is the biggest turn-off.

23 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

but it doesn't seem that he's a bad guy at heart.

True, AR Traveler. He's not a bad guy. Poor Sheila. David might be okay as a friend, but I haven't seen any passion, fun or much effort coming from this guy. Does he just assume that Sheila is deeply, madly in love with him and he can not even try?

• Like 7
23 hours ago, Shrek said:

Living in a tourist town & people visiting you while they're in said tourist town is totally different to the supposed love of your life flying half way around the world & visiting you for the first time in a foreign country that they're new to and he has every right to be a little upset that she hasn't made any effort to free up some time to spend with him. 

Absolutely. That would raise plenty of red flags for me. On day #2 (the first full day) - if my new love announced he's made other plans that didn't include me, yes, I'd be hurt. It's rude and insensitive.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I like Sheila, but feel sorry for her that she would try and hook up with David. David is boring, lack-luster, doesn't have a clue as to how to act in a relationship. Sorry, David, but you just have absolutely ZERO energy. That would drive me up the wall in about five minutes. And how absolutely gross that he didn't take a shower or even brush his teeth before getting into bed. I can't remember now, did he climb into bed fully clothed? Oh, help me. He is the biggest turn-off.

True, AR Traveler. He's not a bad guy. Poor Sheila. David might be okay as a friend, but I haven't seen any passion, fun or much effort coming from this guy. Does he just assume that Sheila is deeply, madly in love with him and he can not even try?

In David’s defense, he had been traveling for hours and was exhausted. I’m not sure how much passion or fun it was fair to expect. He works two jobs in his regular life so I don’t think he has a ton of free time for hobbies. 

I also was out off by the fact that he didn’t shower before bed but given that Sheila’s house doesn’t have a roof, I’m going to go out on a limb and say she isn’t accustomed to daily bathing either. Maybe it didn’t bother her so much? And maybe David changed after the crew left?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I would agree with you but they did have that heavy petting/third base session. Who knows what the heck is going on in that incel's mind.

I wonder if it's due to the fact that he eats alone and does alot of that stuff that require social niceties alone. I mean I know alot of ppl's went out the door when Covid happened and we were alone in our homes with no one judging us. 

And Just for you AR Traveler - I agree Riley is just a sex tourist. So: Fuck You Riley!

When the interviewer asked Nicola about heavy petting, he didn’t know what it was, but described them as kissing and hugging. I don’t believe Meisha’s account of it.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

In David’s defense, he had been traveling for hours and was exhausted. I’m not sure how much passion or fun it was fair to expect. He works two jobs in his regular life so I don’t think he has a ton of free time for hobbies. 

I also was out off by the fact that he didn’t shower before bed but given that Sheila’s house doesn’t have a roof, I’m going to go out on a limb and say she isn’t accustomed to daily bathing either. Maybe it didn’t bother her so much? And maybe David changed after the crew left?

I assumed that scene was for the cameras. Sheila wore denim shorts- I don’t know anyone who wears denim to bed. 

I think David seems nice, he does have a “lower frequency energy” but I that might be the language barrier. He seemed more upbeat signing with his friend. With those two I think they are genuine and I’m rooting for them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/2/2023 at 7:45 PM, bravofan27 said:

Deep.

I think he will go to his grave thinking this was the person contacting him. His sister is maybe playing with him a bit, but it's ultimately up to him to accept the truth. Unless he has some mental or IQ issue that hasn't been addressed, it's really on him IMO. His sister is seems a little scared of him. 

I guess he doesn't want to believe that the person who was writing to him for the last 4 years, was playing him. He probably reread their texts and can't believe this person didn't feel "something" for him, as he's that kind of guy who, once vulnerable, shares his heart completely.

But sadly, there are more people who are cold and heartless in this world than he realizes.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, Chalby said:

But sadly, there's more people who are cold and heartless in this world than he realizes.

Yeah although in some of these countries it’s more out of desperation and hurting the mark is considered unavoidable collateral damage.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I am unsure why he feels his mother would dislike Meisha and the fact she's divorced, yet on the other TH he said his mom is not religious. Does he feel his mother is hanging on to him because he does everything for her? He seemed to resent his mother because he has to live with her due to not being married. Then in the next breath he implies that he's very happy with his present lifestyle. He talks out of both sides of his mouth.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I am unsure why he feels his mother would dislike Meisha and the fact she's divorced, yet on the other TH he said his mom is not religious. Does he feel his mother is hanging on to him because he does everything for her? He seemed to resent his mother because he has to live with her due to not being married. Then in the next breath he implies that he's very happy with his present lifestyle. He talks out of both sides of his mouth.

I can believe Nicola wants things both ways. I can imagine even if he was deeply in love with Meisha, the idea of changing everything about his life would be scary. Also, I think it’s perfectly understandable he would have anxiety about having a sexual relationship given his age and lack of experience. I have friends who felt that way in their early 20s, I can only imagine if you are 40+, anxiety and insecurities may come into play. Along with the fact that you’ve built it up so much in your head- not that you regret sticking to your beliefs, but I can see it being a mind trip. 

20 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I guess he doesn't want to believe that the person who was writing to him for the last 4 years, was playing him. He probably reread their texts and can't believe this person didn't feel "something" for him, as he's that kind of guy who, once vulnerable, shares his heart completely.

But sadly, there are more people who are cold and heartless in this world than he realizes.

I also think he feels he has to hold onto the idea, or that meant the entire “relationship” that brought him joy was a lie. I think on some level he had to know, given they never talked on the phone or video called. 

• Applause 1
41 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

the idea of changing everything about his life would be scary.

Mom will not live forever so he had better have a plan B.

42 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can believe Nicola wants things both ways. I can imagine even if he was deeply in love with Meisha, the idea of changing everything about his life would be scary. Also, I think it’s perfectly understandable he would have anxiety about having a sexual relationship given his age and lack of experience. I have friends who felt that way in their early 20s, I can only imagine if you are 40+, anxiety and insecurities may come into play. Along with the fact that you’ve built it up so much in your head- not that you regret sticking to your beliefs, but I can see it being a mind trip. 

I also think he feels he has to hold onto the idea, or that meant the entire “relationship” that brought him joy was a lie. I think on some level he had to know, given they never talked on the phone or video called. 

Maybe Tyray is so homophobic that he can’t accept he was sharing intimate conversations with a man.  We know “Carmela” sent naughty pics but if he reciprocated he may feel ashamed that he sent them to a man.  So rather than move on he insists it never happened that way.

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, Chalby said:

34 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it's a process. He believed Carmella was his true love because that's how she portrayed "herself" and now everything he thought to be true was not. Not only that, it was not true in the worst of possible ways. He was being played. Chalby, I too think he's someone with a pure and trusting heart and someone who couldn't imagine someone who could be this vindictive.

I like his sister, but I sense something about her; maybe it's just that she's being filmed, but her emotions seem so guarded.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Nicola is more of an ascetic Christian to me and Meisha worldly and quite vain. I have no idea how these two are together. They have no chemistry. 

They appear to have completely different lifestyles and values. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Mom will not live forever so he had better have a plan B.

Since Mom is funding his lifestyle and once she goes her pension goes.  Which means Nicola will have to either find a job at the young age of 50+ or marry.

Guessing that's where Meisha comes in.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, greekmom said:

Since Mom is funding his lifestyle and once she goes her pension goes.  Which means Nicola will have to either find a job at the young age of 50+ or marry.

Nicola doesn’t have a job/career? 

10 hours ago, greekmom said:

THere is something just very....off..about him. Maybe it is the incel vibe, but it reminds me of those Lifetime movies or true crime shows where it turns out the husband had a total secret life that no one knew about, or was wildly abusive behind closed doors and no one wants to believe the wife. I have a feeling a lot of this is an act and he has been trolling dating sites/apps for YEARS trying to find a mark to take over from mommy as his meal ticket. Maybe he has been financed along the way by these lonely, devout women, many perhaps widows, and pulls the plug on actually following through and meeting up with them. And here comes Meisha---maybe they are in on this together and it is all an act for the TLC paycheck. Two chat buddies who decided to act this out for the camera. She can maybe parlay this into another tv gig? 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

THere is something just very....off..about him. Maybe it is the incel vibe, but it reminds me of those Lifetime movies or true crime shows where it turns out the husband had a total secret life that no one knew about, or was wildly abusive behind closed doors and no one wants to believe the wife. I have a feeling a lot of this is an act and he has been trolling dating sites/apps for YEARS trying to find a mark to take over from mommy as his meal ticket. Maybe he has been financed along the way by these lonely, devout women, many perhaps widows, and pulls the plug on actually following through and meeting up with them. And here comes Meisha---maybe they are in on this together and it is all an act for the TLC paycheck. Two chat buddies who decided to act this out for the camera. She can maybe parlay this into another tv gig? 

I’m waiting for him to discuss his concerns about vanity and expecting her to get rid of a bunch of clothes and stop wearing make up.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Plot twist: Nicola has zero plan to introduce Meisha to mama because Mama has been dead for years. He impersonates her for any sort of financial benefits she is entitled to---a modern day Norman Bates. I can just see his face in a gray haired wig, conservative dress a la the first Psycho. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
7 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Plot twist: Nicola has zero plan to introduce Meisha to mama because Mama has been dead for years. He impersonates her for any sort of financial benefits she is entitled to---a modern day Norman Bates. I can just see his face in a gray haired wig, conservative dress a la the first Psycho. 

They showed her in an early episode complaining that he wasn’t helping her with the cooking.  

2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

They showed her in an early episode

🤬well, there goes that theory LOL. He really seems to be on the point of exploding with rage at all times and holding back a LOT with Meisha. Particularly when he saw the disaster of a room when she unpacked (I agree, that was insanity). I can imagine even if Mama isn't super religious, she prays to ALL the deities that SOMEONE, ANYONE, man, woman or intersex takes this deadbeat off her hands and soon. 

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

🤬well, there goes that theory LOL. He really seems to be on the point of exploding with rage at all times and holding back a LOT with Meisha. Particularly when he saw the disaster of a room when she unpacked (I agree, that was insanity). I can imagine even if Mama isn't super religious, she prays to ALL the deities that SOMEONE, ANYONE, man, woman or intersex takes this deadbeat off her hands and soon. 

I dunno. I think that Nicola is her sweet, special boy and no one is good enough for him. I think she’s happy to have him around and wouldn’t be pleased if he left.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2023 at 2:10 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

Tyray is just sad.

Nicola is a 46 year old virgin for a reason. " You are most cute when you are mute?" He wouldn't have been able to get to the end of that sentence without seeing the back of me and hearing the door slam behind me. Does Meisha really think that being religious requires her to be subservient and accepting of that kind of abuse? Gross.

< snip >

If someone said that to me, we'd cut to the next scene at the ER:

Nicola: I don't know what happened Doc. I was just telling her how cute she is.

• LOL 2
On 7/4/2023 at 6:02 PM, Chalby said:

I am unsure why he feels his mother would dislike Meisha and the fact she's divorced, yet on the other TH he said his mom is not religious.

Nicola gave the following reasons: 1) it’s considered “bad” to be divorced in their culture, and 2) grandchildren that are of his bloodline are expected and Meisha has two children that aren’t his and is too old to have more.

On 7/3/2023 at 1:47 PM, Elizzikra said:

I like David and Sheila and I hope they work out. I don’t love how they are being portrayed either. I particularly couldn’t understand why David was eating rice with his hands (that I hope he washed after peeing outside). Did the restaurant not give them utensils and there were none in the hotel room? It also seems like David would have learned table manners along the line; I know he probably makes noises he doesn’t realize he is making, but I’m sure his family or school would have taught him to use silverware and chew with his mouth closed. 

I think it’s sweet that Sheila has learned some sign language and I can see her learning more and more if she stays with David. I really do hope they are the real deal and have a good future ahead.

I am going to guess he read up on Filipino culture and learned that they routinely eat rice and other foods that we would not with their hands.  You would notice Filipinos take great pains on checking out clean fingernails. But going to the local informal norms is usually just not done in a first meeting, or more formal  situations like in front of cameras. As such they use silverware in a different manner than Americans with the fork used to hold in place and the spoon to eat and using the spoon's side to cut.

Well said Matty he is very shovenistic. 

On 7/4/2023 at 5:02 PM, Chalby said:

There’s nothing appealing about him. He’s a geek. You can tell he’s never been with a woman. He says things that make him repulsive. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Raja said:

I am going to guess he read up on Filipino culture and learned that they routinely eat rice and other foods that we would not with their hands.  You would notice Filipinos take great pains on checking out clean fingernails. But going to the local informal norms is usually just not done in a first meeting, or more formal  situations like in front of cameras. As such they use silverware in a different manner than Americans with the fork used to hold in place and the spoon to eat and using the spoon's side to cut.

I did not know that! Thanks! It would be really nice if David read up on his girlfriend’s culture; so few of the people on this show bother to do so and then seem shocked how different things are.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I did not know that! Thanks! It would be really nice if David read up on his girlfriend’s culture; so few of the people on this show bother to do so and then seem shocked how different things are.

I've never understood how almost everyone on this show knows nothing about the country they are visiting in these days of the internet. I at least had a McDonalds before my first ever visit to the USA. 😁

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Shrek said:

I've never understood how almost everyone on this show knows nothing about the country they are visiting in these days of the internet. I at least had a McDonalds before my first ever visit to the USA. 😁

And you still came here?

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

And you still came here?

Yeah it's strange what people will do for love, I didn't want to come here but she couldn't leave the country because her ex husband wouldn't let the child (5yo) leave the state let alone the country. 

• Like 1

I am going to speak about this. Jasmine is disgusting she’s vile. She’s dirty. She is a trash gold digger. Leach. 

why? I’ve been watching since they first came on the show. Jasmine said all her intentions when she flipped out at Gino his dick is bigger then you he flucks better then you. That’s how you talk to the man that’s paying for your apartment. Everything is materialistic about her. See that island that’s where all the rich people live. She wants to be that. 

then she’s still talking to her ex like that. Lying about it. She over does the sex to cover up that she’s doing dirt. Yeah I know a scemer when I see one. Gino’s uncle is right. 

Why is she so adamant about the pre nup? Then the Will. Her questions were inappropriate and she looked like she had a vendetta. 

She’s not worth it. And not all that. Gino go to Columbia and get someone else. 

• Like 1

And Tyree he’s the most comedy on the show. Maybe the scammer was carmanas pimp. Haha lol too funny this guy. Maybe next week he will say Maybe the scammer was a ufo and Carmana was abducted and now she’s back. 

dillusional. Tyre she’s a prostitute escort adult performer. 

she looks nasty. Those pictures look nasty. He should tell his sister he’s going to Philipines. Go to Philipines or Brazil. He can get a girl who will be happy to get out of a shack and he can find someone who wants to be with him. Look at Big ED!!!!! 

but it will be interesting when they track her down. Women do have thier pictures taken and they don’t know about them. Has he ever heard of Manti Teyo.???? 

3 minutes ago, Craigcodybazhate said:

And Tyree he’s the most comedy on the show. Maybe the scammer was carmanas pimp. Haha lol too funny this guy. Maybe next week he will say Maybe the scammer was a ufo and Carmana was abducted and now she’s back. 

dillusional. Tyre she’s a prostitute escort adult performer. 

she looks nasty. Those pictures look nasty. He should tell his sister he’s going to Philipines. Go to Philipines or Brazil. He can get a girl who will be happy to get out of a shack and he can find someone who wants to be with him. Look at Big ED!!!!! 

but it will be interesting when they track her down. Women do have thier pictures taken and they don’t know about them. Has he ever heard of Manti Teyo.???? 

She is also NOT the person who has been scamming him & probably knows nothing about it, the scammer just used pictures he picked up on the internet.

• Like 3
On 7/4/2023 at 3:06 PM, Breedom said:

Breedom coming with the fire. 

I like Cleo. She’s real cool. To tell a man he’s out of her league. She’s so nice. Chris is an idiot. She’s basically saying she’s for him. He acts like he doesn’t care. 

that whole talking to other girls at the restaurant bar is a sign of insecurity. Just be yourself. No one cares. Forget trans she’s a woman. Just treat her as that. Don’t put a label on it. And make such a big deal. That’s the sad part. He always says he’s never dated a trans woman he’s never dated a trans woman. Okay we get it. 

when you start just seeing her as a woman as Cleo then it will be alot better. 

the fact that he kissed a guy in college has nothing to do with Cleo. He kissed a guy. So what Cleo isn’t a guy. 

it seems like Chris friends are cool with it. Everyone is cool with it except Chris. 

after he kisses her in the airport two steps back acting like an asshole at the house. 

I just hope Cleo is fine because I hate seeing someone act like they are doing someone a favor. She ain’t gotta do all that for him. He’s lucky to be with her. 

Cleos got autism so she might be easily attached. Just hope he’s being compassionate for her.  She did not like the flirting. 

• Like 1

And Riley is insecure because he walked in on his wife getting banged that will destroy a man. That’s understandable. 

the dad telling him about the emails fucked with his head. I do think eventually he will ask her to come to America with him. 

I actually think ironically they are the most couple likely to be married. He’s just a fragile guy. That was an overreaction for the text. He is a little hot tempered. But she runs it and he likes it like that. 

he likes to be dominated. I’m boss. That’s not just being said. That’s what he wants. She’s a dom not a sub. 

Gino is a Sub I’m sure Jasmine pegs Gino for sure. Jasmine is a dom all her interactions on the show say dom. 

Gino is a sub borderline sissy. Just the way he talks. That definitely looks like that. It’s kind of comedic. The way she walks over him. Even the way her friends were talking to him. 

when he didn’t want to have sex he saw that apartment and was like damn. How much is this costing??????? 

when you have a mortgage your paying in Michigan and then this. That’s alot of bread. Shit you coulda got a dom in Detroit for a lot cheaper. lol. I don’t get these guys. As if there aren’t any good women in America who are better? 

3 hours ago, Craigcodybazhate said:

And Riley is insecure because he walked in on his wife getting banged that will destroy a man. That’s understandable. 

the dad telling him about the emails fucked with his head. I do think eventually he will ask her to come to America with him. 

I actually think ironically they are the most couple likely to be married. He’s just a fragile guy. That was an overreaction for the text. He is a little hot tempered. But she runs it and he likes it like that. 

he likes to be dominated. I’m boss. That’s not just being said. That’s what he wants. She’s a dom not a sub. 

Gino is a Sub I’m sure Jasmine pegs Gino for sure. Jasmine is a dom all her interactions on the show say dom. 

Gino is a sub borderline sissy. Just the way he talks. That definitely looks like that. It’s kind of comedic. The way she walks over him. Even the way her friends were talking to him. 

when he didn’t want to have sex he saw that apartment and was like damn. How much is this costing??????? 

when you have a mortgage your paying in Michigan and then this. That’s alot of bread. Shit you coulda got a dom in Detroit for a lot cheaper. lol. I don’t get these guys. As if there aren’t any good women in America who are better? 

Riley wasn’t married to the woman, given what we know if him I think it’s likely she told him it was over and he didn’t want to believe it. 

I do agree with you that he likely wants to be dominated. He had a career in the military- many people with those types of high power careers enjoy being a submissive in their relationships. 

Gino and Jasmine…those two I don’t get. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

When I turn by I try to get a little bit of "learning" out of TLC.

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Riley wasn’t married to the woman, given what we know if him I think it’s likely she told him it was over and he didn’t want to believe it. 

I do agree with you that he likely wants to be dominated. He had a career in the military- many people with those types of high power careers enjoy being a submissive in their relationships. 

Gino and Jasmine…those two I don’t get. 

Well said Scarlett. Completely agree. With you. There is definitely domination going on. I like that to. Having women take the lead. What I’ve learned is women will go into it if you just let them I see it with normal things picking restaurants reservations stuff like that. 

But Gino that’s a whole other  other   thing I think it’s more of a sexual thing.  He comes off very ditsy that’s how I can say it. And Jasmine let me bluntelty say it. She walks around like she has the dick. Telling him everting to do. 

Basicaluu Basically she acts like Andrei and Gino acts like Libby. It’s hilarious at times. 

• Like 1