Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was distracted for a moment, but did whoever introduced Tracy Morgan say he was just 4 awards short of an EGOT?  Even if that's not what was said, it's what I choose to believe.  Because it's funny. 

I loooooooove Jon Batiste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I was distracted for a moment, but did whoever introduced Tracy Morgan say he was just 4 awards short of an EGOT?  Even if that's not what was said, it's what I choose to believe.  Because it's funny. 

Yup, that's what they said.  A callback to "30 Rock". 

Edited by freddi
  • Love 3
Just now, ebk57 said:

It was a running joke on 30 Rock that Tracy was DETERMINED to be an EGOT.

When did Trent Reznor get old? But he is killing it on the musical score scene.

• Love 2
Just now, wallflower75 said:

I see what everyone was talking about with that dress.  Yikes.

Yeah, no, that's a totally different tin foil dress! LOL! I actually like her red carpet foil dress better than this one. 

• LOL 2
(edited)

Dan Levy possibly throwing a little shade at television networks who cancel with a quickness and don't allow shows; especially comedies; time to grow.

Sorry Bucky and Sam: looks like Lin-Manuel Miranda is Captain America now!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Avabelle said:

So Jason wasn’t expecting to win....

Don't know how considering almost every critic picked him to win. And so did I. I got total shades of Andy Samberg some years ago for Brooklyn 99 and knew HFPA voters wouldn't be able to resist. Especially as they always love rewarding a freshman show or two.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

It's weird that they keep putting the losers on screen for so long while the winner is talking. They all have these awkward smiles for so long.

I said something similar before. Things feel forced and awkward lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

The Hudson/Hawn/Russell family is giving the Ruffalos a run for their money in the cute department.

That unexpected tribute to Chadwick Boseman by the kids hit me in the heart.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, MsNewsradio said:

That kid's segment ending with them all knowing Chadwick Boseman was an emotional sneak attack. Tears from my couch right now. 

Yeah that was sweet. The one kid who kept answering Captain American was funny as well.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 5
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

First responders seem to be all about that Ben Stiller!

And This Is Us, if the reaction to Sterling and Susan was anything to go by. 

Well that's officially the first shocking win of the night. Everyone called this for Maria Bakalova. 

• Love 1