Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Don't Get Chummy, You Dummy!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I see Jane as this season's LC, and Chris as this season's Logan, but with less charm from both of them. I think Jane has shown her hand too early and gotten a little too cocky. I think she put a huge target on her own back. She's less of an LC and more of a Dom.

I was sad to see Travis go.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Like 8

I’m usually good with clues but I couldn’t read Chris’s clue after puppy love even knowing who it is. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can someone please translate it for me in a spoiler? Shayne’s clue was easy to read. 

I like Travis and he sounds like his dad passed down the smart genes. Classy exit compared to whatever that was last week. Sad to see him go but it was too easy. 

• Like 7
(edited)

Puppy love teen idol & lots of brothers? Last part was confusing. 

ETA:  

Spoiler

rewatched, last part is 7 tees (70s). 

Spoiler
Edited by pennben
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I’m usually good with clues but I couldn’t read Chris’s clue after puppy love even knowing who it is. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can someone please translate it for me in a spoiler?

It was puppy, heart, t-shirt, N, eye, doll, 7 t-shirts. Puppy love teen idol 70’s. 

I wasn’t impressed with this episode. The challenge was boring and very little information was revealed. Watching half the contestants try so hard to manipulate each other got boring. Particularly, because they are so bad at it. 

It is interesting to me how different the strategy is this season from last where everyone was obsessed with protecting their layup. 

I was impressed with Gabriel’s handling of the situation. He got useful information from Travis and then managed to kick him off without drama. I think it might be a dark horse. 

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I thought Jayne would be one of my favorites. But I really didn't like that she told the other that Travis shared his clue with her.

She was so resistant when he expressed his willingness to share the clue with her, though!

"But I share a room with herrr..."

If I was travis, I would have said nevermind!

• Like 4

I like that a lot of the cast seems to be onto Jayne already. Yes, there are a few who are all "oh, mama Jayne! We love you!" But, a lot of them are onto that act. And I think Travis helped undo her good name a little bit on the way out when he told Gabriel (with Chris sneaking around listening in) that he showed her the clue and she knew exactly who it refers to. 

Monet was smart to tell everyone she just pulled Travis's clue to confirm his identity. Chris is definitely not someone you want knowing you checked out his clue. He's sneaky, and he's already working to ingratiate himself with multiple people. No need to get on his radar. I know people suspect she pulled someone other than Travis, but they don't know who she did pull. 

Overall, I don't think this cast is as good at this game as the cast of the first season.  It's like all of them (except for one or two people) think that they need permission to start speculating about who someone is, and they can only look hard at one or two people per episode. And you become a target of the whole house by checking out one person's clue? How stupid is that?  I can see Shayne being mad about him getting her clue, but why would the rest of the cast say that paints a target on his back? Instead, it should be "of course he looked at Shayne's clue. She's one of the people that isn't giving the rest of us anything to work with." 

As much as I liked Travis, picking him was the smart move on Gabriel's part, given what he knows. He thinks that he and Jayne are now the only people who know who Shayne's relative is, so that's something he can keep in his pocket in case he gets picked to be the guesser again. Everyone knew who Travis was, so if Gabriel picked Shayne this time, and nobody else's identity became obvious enough in the next episode, whoever picks would have picked Travis, which would leave Gabriel without an accurate guess in his pocket. 

And, yes, Jayne, we get it. It's a game, and you want to win. We could do with at least fifty percent less gloating about your lies in your confessionals, though. I really hope someone figures her out and sends her home soon. 

• Like 4

This is my first time watching the show. I caught some of the first episode but wasn’t really paying attention. When they showed Karsyn, I knew I had seen her before but it wasn’t until they put her name on the screen that I remembered who she is. She is…

Spoiler

the niece of Dale Earnhardt Jr, who is in the NASCAR hall of fame. I used to be a huge Jr fan when he was still racing, and he’s very close to his family. And Karsyn and her older sister used to do little skits and interviews on NASCAR shows when they were younger. She was very funny and sassy. The clues on the wall that I saw are pretty obvious: A racing steering wheel and two 8’s, but I have a feeling that she’s safe for a while since I doubt that most of the players even know who Jr is. Plus she doesn’t look like him. 

I felt bad for Travis. But he just looks so much like his dad, and rattling off pi didn’t help things. Definitely seems like some players are at a disadvantage just due to their looks or obvious clues. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

He thinks that he and Jayne are now the only people who know who Shayne's relative is

Could he and Travis have picked a worse spot?  Chris wasn't even trying to hide that he was eavesdropping!

• Like 2

I really liked Travis but he totally chose the wrong person with whom to share his clue.  Then he showed his vulnerability to her and she immediately turned on him.  

Laughed at the sequences in which Gabriel was practicing saying Travis' dad's name (I would be no better, but it was still entertaining).

I like that Chris is really trying to play the game.  Still early so many of them are not really digging into all of the clues, and it seems like this group will try to appease each other as they hesitantly stab each other in the back.  Do agree with an above poster that the challenge was not that interesting.  And, what if a different person won each stage-how would they have determined the overall winner?  And, if there were three different losers-how would they have chosen the bottom two?  Fish guts wasn't fun to watch.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Dani said:

I was impressed with Gabriel’s handling of the situation. He got useful information from Travis and then managed to kick him off without drama. I think it might be a dark horse. 

Gabriel is my favorite right now. He seems like a nice person lol. I don't have a clue who he could be. Of course, I also don't remember his clues lol. I do remember him saying something in the first ep about how him not looking much like his celeb relative would work in his favor in this game. And in this ep he mentioned how Shayne's relative Eddie Murphy was such a big star, which made me think his relative is probably someone more obscure.

6 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Definitely seems like some players are at a disadvantage just due to their looks or obvious clues. 

Yea, it really does feel like the clues are more damning to some than others. 

• Like 1

I really disliked the tasks of walking on Legos, which could be painful and aggravate old injuries, and digging into fish guts.  Tying these into "walking the red carpet" made no sense.  I think expanding on the makeup/dress-up concept would have been better, having stations where they had to tie, fasten, different items.  The fish guts thing just seemed aimed at humiliating them.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I really disliked the tasks of walking on Legos, which could be painful and aggravate old injuries ...

I felt bad for the guy (JR?) that injured his foot/ankle in the first ep having to do that. He should have sat that out.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I really disliked the tasks of walking on Legos, which could be painful and aggravate old injuries, and digging into fish guts.  Tying these into "walking the red carpet" made no sense.  I think expanding on the makeup/dress-up concept would have been better, having stations where they had to tie, fasten, different items.  The fish guts thing just seemed aimed at humiliating them.

Also, if they hope to attract future contestants, they might not want to embarrass the participants too much.  Fun is what we want (well, I want as a viewer).  I really easily get second-hand embarrassment, so I didn't appreciate the fish guts barrel.  I like guessing and watching the participants guessing; I definitely don't want to watch and wonder if someone is going to throw up...

Happy 4th of July everyone!

• Like 7
On 7/3/2023 at 10:05 PM, Dani said:

Gabriel probably had the strongest strategy of the episode.  Not only did he manage to see Shayne's clue but Shayne still thinks Jane is the only other person who has seen it.  Of course Chris knows this isn't true but if Gabriel stays under the radar, Jane will be a larger target than him.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:23 PM, KerleyQ said:

Monet was smart to tell everyone she just pulled Travis's clue to confirm his identity. Chris is definitely not someone you want knowing you checked out his clue. He's sneaky, and he's already working to ingratiate himself with multiple people. No need to get on his radar. I know people suspect she pulled someone other than Travis, but they don't know who she did pull. 

Except Chris called BS on her lie after two seconds.  Kinda surprised she didn't think of a better answer to what Travis' clue looked like.

Wild speculation time... i kinda wonder if Olivia's celebrity relative is Elizabeth Berkeley.  She said that her relative won a Razzie, right?  I don't know just something about her face looks similar to Elizabeth's.

On the clue board there is a donkey standing on peanuts. I can’t see that fitting anyone other than Jimmy Carter. I was already certain after the Nobel prize and Hugo saying his relative was once the most powerful man in the world. I’m guessing it will take a long time for anyone to get that. Particularly since they appear to be completely clueless about what gets a person a Nobel. 

I also noticed a time clock which immediately makes me think of 9 to 5 and Dolly Parton. I’m guessing that’s Jane’s relative. 

So Jane's relative is about 75 years old now, and was 22-23 during Woodstock.  that could suggest Grace Slick, but if the red haired wig is her clue, I was thinking the Judds (like Naomi).  

I really saw chris' similarity to Donny Osmond this episode.  his face is more oval i think, but the eyes are exactly the same.  

I know they focused on Hugo during the abdomen challenge, but Jane appeared to have an easier time as well.  for a woman who has birthed children, i'm sure that was an easy challenge.  impressed Hugo did so well, though it could be because of his extra padding (which would help Jane too).

I guess that answers the question of whether all the challenges will be the same as S1, but i didn't like this challenge at all.

Sorry to see Travis go.  he seemed like a good kid, though perhaps a bit out of his league.  

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Dani said:

I also noticed a time clock which immediately makes me think of 9 to 5 and Dolly Parton. I’m guessing that’s Jane’s relative. 

That checks out with Jayne saying her relative was born in 1946. 

Is there anywhere to see a good screen shot of the clue wall?  I always feel like they move over it so fast or only show one or two objects in a scene, that I never get a really good look at it. 

• Like 1

From a clue they said on this episode (they said where Gabriel was from), I believe I’ve found out who his relative is:

Spoiler

Lil Nas X

My daughter told me that Cole’s relative is:

Spoiler

Alicia Keys

I don’t know how she knows this, but it checks out with Google.

1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Is there anywhere to see a good screen shot of the clue wall?  I always feel like they move over it so fast or only show one or two objects in a scene, that I never get a really good look at it. 

no kidding.

my daughter saw there was a diary on the wall right next to the crown, so she's thinking someone might be related to Anne Hathaway (from the Princess Diaries).

• Like 1
(edited)

@CarolinaPam, I think you may have Gabriel's relative incorrect. You might have meant JR, but from what I saw on Google, Gabriel is:

Spoiler

Nick Cannon's younger brother.

And judging by his personality, I can totally believe it!

Edited by Catgyrl68
1 hour ago, Catgyrl68 said:

@CarolinaPam, I think you may have Gabriel's relative incorrect. You might have meant JR, but from what I saw on Google, Gabriel is:

Hide contents

Nick Cannon's younger brother.

And judging by his personality, I can totally believe it!

Oh, sorry!  Thanks for correcting me!  I get confused easily! 😄

4 minutes ago, CarolinaPam said:

Oh, sorry!  Thanks for correcting me!  I get confused easily! 😄

Oh, no worries girl! I still don't have everyone's name down yet. But I'm very entertained!

4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I was looking for a picture the other day, and found this one:

https://preview.redd.it/clue-wall-season-2-v0-kf03cwnl2w8b1.jpg?auto=webp&s=370051d2eddb3c26c7da4707a3f3cdcecbacd49a

But then when I watched the show, I noticed it was a bit different. Some objects had been moved around, and some were swapped out, so I'm not sure where that picture on reddit is from.

Here's another picture:

https://media.distractify.com/brand-img/W75VzxnCF/2160x1131/claim-to-fame-clue-wall-1688057061138.jpg

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I was looking for a picture the other day, and found this one:

https://preview.redd.it/clue-wall-season-2-v0-kf03cwnl2w8b1.jpg?auto=webp&s=370051d2eddb3c26c7da4707a3f3cdcecbacd49a

But then when I watched the show, I noticed it was a bit different. Some objects had been moved around, and some were swapped out, so I'm not sure where that picture on reddit is from.

Here's another picture:

https://media.distractify.com/brand-img/W75VzxnCF/2160x1131/claim-to-fame-clue-wall-1688057061138.jpg

Is that a cowbell hanging right by the black diary?  Could someone here be related to Will Ferrell? 

2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Is that a cowbell hanging right by the black diary?  Could someone here be related to Will Ferrell? 

Hmm I don’t see a cowbell. Are you looking at the pyramid shaped bottom of the weird trophy? You can zoom in on the first photo pretty far to see detail. There is a bell on the left side by the bloody knife, but it’s not a cowbell. 

10 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Hmm I don’t see a cowbell. Are you looking at the pyramid shaped bottom of the weird trophy? You can zoom in on the first photo pretty far to see detail. There is a bell on the left side by the bloody knife, but it’s not a cowbell. 

Yeah, that is what I thought was a cowbell, but I can see now what you're saying about it being part of the trophy. 

On 7/7/2023 at 8:58 AM, KerleyQ said:

Yeah, that is what I thought was a cowbell, but I can see now what you're saying about it being part of the trophy. 

Off-topic but...OMG, WHAT A CUTE, ADORABLE PUPPY!!

1 hour ago, Scout Finch said:

Off-topic but...OMG, WHAT A CUTE, ADORABLE PUPPY!!

Sadly, not mine. Just a picture I found when I was looking for a cute profile pic to use.