Type keyword(s) to search

Media: The Matlock Expressway

• Start Topic

After having a successful law career in her youth, the uber-intelligent Madeline  “Matty” Matlockreturns to the workforce at a prestigious law firm where her silent-but-deadly demeanor and quick-witted tactics win cases and take down criminals. Matty endeavors to establish herself in her new high-stakes world as she works alongside the firm’s younger associates.

1792576_00469bc.jpg

Kathy Bates as Madeline “Matty” Matlock, a wily septuagenarian attorney returning to the workforce at a prestigious law firm. 

Matlock_101_0004b.jpg

Skye P. Marshall as Olympia, a senior attorney with a thirst for justice, Matlock's boss, she is laser-focused and hard to impress, she is now in charge of three junior associates.

matlock-Jason-Ritter.thumb.png.3a0cae8cbda0432b2a8edf538330257b.png

Jason Ritter as Julian, Olympia’s attorney ex-husband and son of the head of the firm, he comes from a life of privilege and has trouble balancing his work with his personal life.

David Del Rio as Billy Martinez, a charismatic young associate who is willing to help Matty succeed, he seems to know way more than he should about the firm. 
1792576_02654bc.jpg
Leah Lewis as Sarah Yang, an ambitious young associate, she sees Matty as an obstacle in her path to success. 

• Like 2

I have no idea why they're calling this Matlock.   It bears no resemblance to the original Matlock.   The original was set in the South with the lead character being a super successful sought-out lawyer who ran his own firm while being old and curmudgeonly.   This show is set in NYC with the main character having to fight for recognition in a world populated with young hot shot lawyers while being old and bawdy.   Other than the leads both being older and attorneys there's no similarity whatsoever. 

This is like that Murder, She Wrote reboot they were going to do a few years ago with Octavia Spencer as a nurse who works in a hospital and solves crimes.   Yeah, that says Murder, She Wrote to me.  Thankfully that one didn't go far, probably in part because Angela Lansbury said it didn't really make sense to call it MSW.  

• Like 3
On 6/5/2023 at 12:24 PM, KittyMom4 said:

I am so excited for this show, I love Kathy Bates and I loved the original Matlock!

I did on an online survey about this show. It's not like the original. 

(edited)
14 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Wow. That’s a whole lotta callbacks for a preview: (Matlock), Perry Mason, and Angela Lansbury.

Sign me up!

Kathy Bates looks fabulous.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

"Previously announced legal drama MATLOCK, starring Kathy Bates…currently planned to air during the 2024-2025 broadcast season" 
(http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/11/13/cbs-announces-2024-primetime-premiere-dates-for-original-episodes-of-new-and-returning-series-132112/20231113cbs03).

Kathy Bates may look a lot younger than I do, but at 75, she's 5 years older, so, like me, upon getting this news, she too is likely thinking something like:
Fall 2024 or even Spring 2025?  If I should live that long. Hrmph.