Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Glenn dresses up for the guests' theme night; he hopes his participation helps correct a jewelry theft hiccup and is on top of his crew to make sure the women have the best trip of their lives.

Airdate: 06.05.2023

Like a viewer who’s seeing a Jane Austen novel brought to X-rated life on television, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

So immediately after the drunken revel we saw at the end of the last episode, we get a flashback to the drunken revels of the previous season, just to prepare us for the continuing drunken revel now.  Got it.

What will the crew be served for their meal?  Sorrowful Soufflé?  Regretful Ratatouille?  Contrition Croissant?  Heartbreak Hotdogs?  Misgiving Margaritas (with bitters)?  Nah, they wouldn’t know what’s good for them.

Gary is the King of “Say one thing but the look on my face says the opposite.”  Gary reminds me of a Bull Walrus who has to be the only one to mate with all the females.  Whether they want him or not.

Glenn, on the phone to his mum:  “I had this dream last night.  This donkey was trying to kill me!  It was frickin’ scary!”  Well, you are surrounded by asses.

Soon after the start of the charter Daisy is complaining their four guests are going to keep her very busy.  Because she and her staff can’t keep up with mixed drinks for four people?  Something wrong there.  And not just because Lucy obviously can’t work a blender.

And there it is – the obligatory shots of crockery sliding, drawers opening, and objects moving across the floor – YES!  WE’RE SAILING!!!

OMG, those old pics of Glenn and his… afro?  Hilarious!

And speaking of wrong – being accused of jewelry theft?  Really?  Unlike a previous guest who lost his “valuable” necklace because he had to wear it while jet-skiing and was cheesed off the crew couldn’t make like Jacques Cousteau and dive for it, this is much more serious.  Sure enough, the jewelry was in the crone’s pocketbook the whole time.  I’ve seen this sort of thing before – wealthy older people who misplace things and immediately accuse the “help” of theft, only to find out later they were mistaken and not be apologetic.  And this guest was not nearly apologetic enough.  Unless the tip is astronomical.

Once again Ileisha’s food is a hit.  I don’t think she’s really missed yet – and what a pleasure having a chef with no drama.

Gary continues to play the Walrus on the beach outing as he feels compelled to tell Lucy how he and Mads had sex. 

Colin:  “That’s good tension there.”  But he was referring to the docking lines.

The Curse of Parsifal III continues with more mechanical failure as the crew sewer lines decide they’ve put up with enough shit.  Colin to the rescue again?!

And the scenes from next week.  More drunken revels from the crew.  More obnoxious drunken guests that are so bad they have to be admonished from Captain Glenn.  And Daisy’s sister – will Gary try to bang her as well?  Stay tuned, if you can still flush…

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3

I agree with you Tanukisan that many people tend to accuse the staff as an instant "knee jerk" reaction to a missing item.  I just have a hard time believing that the purse wouldn't be the very first place a lady would look for her missing diamond necklace. C'mon producers, you can do better than that. Well you did give us some pretty good residue on the side of the porcelain bowl shots. Was it Gary's??...oh and speaking of Gary...nice to know he doesn't use toilet paper, but showers it off. Let me get on the waiting list to share a shower with him. 😕

• LOL 9
35 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

I just have a hard time believing that the purse wouldn't be the very first place a lady would look for her missing diamond necklace.

The thing is, she said she "checked everywhere", including her bags!  And she said she "tore the place apart" or something very close to that.  At first I thought the crew were going to find the jewelry under the bed or a table or jammed in a corner because it slipped off during sailing when the boat was heeling.  At least that would have been a scrid more imaginative.  🙂

• Like 5

I wouldn't put it past this show to have made up this whole my diamond necklace and earrings are missing. The woman practically accused one of crew most likely one of the stews of taking the jewelry. Daisy tells one of the stews or maybe both to go to the woman's cabin and check everywhere for the jewelry. Huh? So she can then accuse them of taking her money. They show one of the stews looking thrugh her wallet. There is no way they would have been sent in there without the captain, Daisy or someone in authority standing there watching everything that was touched. I think these shows are getting desperate for drama so they are using a little shall we say creativity. 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I think these shows are getting desperate for drama so they are using a little shall we say creativity. 

I agree. If nothing else, all the shots of the toilet backups suggested that they were  a little desperate for footage and had to fill an hour. 

Additionally, I'm about the age of the women on the last cruise, and am still in touch with several of my college roommates. I can  guarantee that if we were on a super yacht we'd be very happy lazing about, drinking, chatting, and snacking;  none of us would want to go to a beach to play cornhole. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

I wish I could sit down with the producers of this show and ask them why they think we want to see all of these juvenile hookups between the crew. I don't watch any of the other Bravo shows, maybe this is their stock in trade, but the focus has been increasingly on the crew fooling around with each other rather than the charter work and guests. For a show that started out as lowbrow, I wouldn't have thought it would get much lower, but boy have they met the challenge.

These guests were barely a blip on the radar, even with the missing jewelry drama. On and off in one single episode, too much time spent on Gary, Mads, Colin and Daisy's romantic shenanigans. Clearly this is what the show thinks is the main attraction for the audience. I don't know why. Is the target audience 13 years old girls?

Speaking of age, I'm younger than the women who were on this charter, and I cannot imagine drinking all day like that, I'd be so sick. I knew that lady was just too smashed to remember where she put her necklace.

And the show could have spared me the constant, repeated shots of the toilet backing up. Gross.

The only bright spot was the photo of Glenn with the giant afro in the 70s. OMG.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

I loved seeing Glen reminisce about the 70's and share his photos.  That afro!  He was probably the cool kid at the time.  

What in the heck is wrong with Gary?  Now he is butt hurt that Daisy and Colin are hooking up.  HE has been chasing Mads the entire season and wants her to be his girlfriend.  Daisy was right about her being his "back up."  All Gary would have to do is tell Colin that he feels a certain way because they are friends and I'm sure Colin would respect that.  Instead he says one thing to Colin and a different thing to Daisy.  Dig that hole, Gary.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

What in the heck is wrong with Gary?  Now he is butt hurt that Daisy and Colin are hooking up.

Poor Gary, he gets a taste of his own medicine. Remember the old saying "you can dish it out, but you can't take it." ?  Good for Daisy calling him out on his "backup" plan. Gals from Ireland are inherently tougher...Gary is no match and no catch. If I were a woman, I think I'd find him repulsive.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

The only bright spot was the photo of Glenn with the giant afro in the 70s. OMG.

16 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Glenn, on the phone to his mum:  “I had this dream last night.  This donkey was trying to kill me!  It was frickin’ scary!”  Well, you are surrounded by asses.

Captain Glenn continues to be the best thing on TV.  I adore him. 

Daisy & Colin are cute together. I'm going to be bummed if Gary comes between them. He's a total ass for supposedly harboring feelings for Daisy while he banging Mads. What was up with him being upset that she didn't say goodnight and carrying on to Jules about it?  I think Gary suffers from a bit of "prettiest girl/guy at the prom syndrome".  He has to have all female attention on him at all times. It's cringeworthy.

Just read that Alex will be on Winter House. He seems a bit quiet so I'm curious how that happened, but I am loving all the crossover between shows. 

• Like 2

Apologies if what I say is repetitive but I'm too lazy to scroll back up and hit the quote key.

@Mr. Miner I don't think Daisy is all that either but I'm a female so I thought maybe that was why.  Or maybe she doesn't translate as well on tv -- although she did look good though during the commercials on Andy's Watch What Happens.  That's the only explanation I have for Gary because other than his accent (I'm a sucker for European accents) I don't find him attractive in the least.  

Speaking of Daisy . . . 

Daisy to Colin:  "I don't casually hook up" (paraphrasing)

Also Daisy:  Drinking tequila from Alex's mouth on night 1 of this season.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I think Colin deserves better.  The cynical part of me was wondering if this is purely for tv drah-mah and not realistic at all.   I've said this with regards to other BD shows - why do these people think they have to be with someone or hook up during the season?  It's six weeks long, please.   If you're attracted to someone, maybe pump the brakes, chill out a bit.  Being filmed for a reality show (and maybe charter too ) isn't real life.  Wait until the season ends and then see what happens.  

And is it just me or is hooking up now meaning kissing/making out?  

I too thought the guest's jewelry would be found on the floor, having taken a ride from the sailing.  And YES, if Mads and Lucy were going through everything, including the guest's wallet, after being accused of theft, Glenn should have been in there.   What if they hadn't found the jewelry and then the guest claimed to be missing hundreds of dollars?  Just no. 

And shame on that guest for not apologizing - at least to Glenn or Daisy - for suggesting that one of the crew must have stolen her goods.   Tacky.

Loved how the southern ladies loved Chase.  He wasn't wrong about them.  Hopefully they left a nice tip.

Were they only on board overnight?  I'm not sure.  I dozed off.  

Bravo, PLEASE, no more shots of overflowing toilets.  And we don't need a shot of skid marks in a toilet either.  I thought it was bad enough to hear Ileisha getting sick last week but Bravo knocked it down several more rungs on the barfometer.  

So since Bravo went there, are the crew toilets on a separate line than the other toilets?  I would think it would be a nightmare to have that happen in the primary's bathroom, etc.  

Loved seeing Glenn from the 70s -- that hair!  I still don't fully understand some of the "theme" parties.  Must be producer-driven shenanigans.  At least this one wasn't too ridiculous.  Just dress up in 70s attire, play some disco and dance.  

• Like 5
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

The cynical part of me was wondering if this is purely for tv drah-mah and not realistic at all.   I've said this with regards to other BD shows - why do these people think they have to be with someone or hook up during the season?  It's six weeks long, please.   If you're attracted to someone, maybe pump the brakes, chill out a bit.  Being filmed for a reality show (and maybe charter too ) isn't real life.  Wait until the season ends and then see what happens.  

It's clear the crew members are highly encouraged by production to hook up. They prod them with questions about who they like, who they'd hook up with, then they force them to go out and drink copious amounts of alcohol. It's not exactly performative, but it's not exactly organic either.

In the case of Daisy and Colin I can see where they would have a mutual attraction after three years of this and then act on it when they're both drunk.

Gary's just incapable of keeping it in his pants. I don't know why the stews always go for him. He must possess some kind of charisma that doesn't translate through the TV screen.

• Like 7

Gary’s face hearing from Colin about Daisy, he looked shocked, dismayed, judgemental etc yet tried to pretend he was totally cool.  He’s such a predator and wants to just stake a claim on anyone he desires, ugh 😩 Then getting Chase to tend to the ladies in the hot tub, obviously not his type eh.  Talking about his hurt feelings with Lucy re his being snubbed by Mads was so disgusting and disrespectful.  He should be fired for his behaviour and attitude toward coworker’s. Next week looks even worse, after this season I’m out.  This seems to my year for dropping reality shows….. and it feels so good 😊 

• Like 2

They clearly cast for people who are single and DTF, willing to get drunk on camera, etc.

It's not inconceivable that the older crew develop feelings for each other over the course of time, even though these are just 6-week stints each year.

Gary may be repressing his feelings by chasing the young stews.

Madison supposedly likes Alex, waiting for him to make a move but in the mean time she'll have "just casual sex" with Gary.  Did she perhaps think that even just making out with Gary is going to push Alex away?

But they're all living on top of each other -- if they do really sleep on the boat for the entirety of the shooting schedule -- so there are few secrets.

Unless they're being paid a lot more than we thought, I don't think Gary, Colin and Daisy are acting out for the cameras.  There are real feelings involved.  They might think twice about putting it out for the cameras, though as Colin said, they should be professional, not put out PDA and so forth but every time they are alone, he and Daisy are caressing and kissing.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It's clear the crew members are highly encouraged by production to hook up. They prod them with questions about who they like, who they'd hook up with, then they force them to go out and drink copious amounts of alcohol. It's not exactly performative, but it's not exactly organic either.

In the case of Daisy and Colin I can see where they would have a mutual attraction after three years of this and then act on it when they're both drunk.

Gary's just incapable of keeping it in his pants. I don't know why the stews always go for him. He must possess some kind of charisma that doesn't translate through the TV screen.

You are right on and I bet production encourages and pays for the drinks when the crews go out.  All kinds of indiscriminate behaviour goes on after drinking and they appear to drink huge amounts.

• Like 1
On 6/5/2023 at 9:11 PM, Tanukisan said:

Insert "snort worthy" laughter here! Thank you, @Tanukisan

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, endure said:

Then getting Chase to tend to the ladies in the hot tub, obviously not his type eh.  

To be fair the ladies specifically asked for Chase. One of them said he was "adorbs." So they, at least, weren't bowled over by Gary.

The drunken guest could have at least apologized about the diamonds.

Not a Daisy fan, as noted a few times.  She is a carbon copy of Gary to some extent. She wants things her way and doesn't want to budge nor help anyone. She didn't do it her previous seasons and pulled a fit when she was asked.

Amazing how she hooks up with Colin after 3 weeks go by and now she is being called out by Glen.  She has to answer for things.  She now wants to kiss him. She will play it out with Colin until she doesn't get what she wants from him, on an episode or on the reunion. I'm betting they break up too. 

She is a manipulator who will do anything to get her way. Her and Gary belong together.

• Like 1
On 6/6/2023 at 3:28 PM, psychoticstate said:

And is it just me or is hooking up now meaning kissing/making out? 

AFAIK that expression came about *after* my years of "hooking up" but my understanding is that it is more or less anything on the spectrum from kissing to having sex.

I watched "Watch What Happens Live" with Daisy and Alex that aired after this episode. (Don't judge me.) Alex seems like a really low-key sweetheart. But the interesting thing was what Daisy had to say about Colin and Gary.

Spoiler

She is apparently very pissed off at Colin and said he had a lot to answer for at the reunion show.

Interesting that Gary has at least twice said "we had sex" when others were using euphemisms. He said it about Mads and he says it about Daisy in the previews, after which she appears to be angry at him saying it.

I've thought for a while now that they had a between-seasons fling, and he essentially confirmed it. If he knows Daisy wants it kept quiet, that's a lousy thing to do. But Gary is rapidly becoming Bravo's #1 whore. I'm afraid Colin is headed in that direction. Will he try to maintain some dignity through the seasons, or cave in?

I changed the channel upon the arrival of the toilet scenery. Good God. That's a new low. It's as if the editors have utter contempt for the viewers.

Did we learn the amount of the tip?

23 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I watched "Watch What Happens Live" with Daisy and Alex that aired after this episode. (Don't judge me.) Alex seems like a really low-key sweetheart. But the interesting thing was what Daisy had to say about Colin and Gary.

Hide contents

I thought Daisy looked great in the very little I saw (her walking on) of WWHL.

• Like 1

So Gary turned 25? I thought he was in his mid 30's? Life at sea is obviously a rough one. 

I also don't see the attraction of Daisy, she is very much a very plain Jane and there is nothing outstanding about her.

Same about every woman fawning over Colin? Maybe it's because I'm a man, but I just don't see what the attraction is? 

After seeing the coming this season previews it looks like the rest of the season is bullshit drama about Daisy, Gary and Colin? When did these shows become more about the crews sex life's than it did about the guests experiences and scenery? 

• Like 1

As far as the Gary thing…he’s been on enough seasons that he’s got a certain amount of fame…and that’s probably attractive to the young girls. I don’t think it’s a necessarily organic attraction to him.  He’s on tv.  
This is still my favorite iteration of all the BD shows.  

(edited)
9 hours ago, Genus said:

So Gary turned 25? I thought he was in his mid 30's? Life at sea is obviously a rough one. 

I think that was supposed to be a joke. He's 34.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1

I picture Gary as the Mathew McConaughey character from Dazed and Confused, you know the guy, "I keep getting older but the girls stay the same age."

Daisy is an idiot for getting mixed up in Gary's nonsense jealous act, he is not a hill I would die on, he is barely attractive if one is very drunk, has an ego that needs stroking round the clock and goes after every girl on the boat till he gets one and then tries to get on to the next one...every season. Daisy is concerned about him? She should not waste her time thinking about Gary the arrested development poster boy.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2