Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

My guess is that "Chef"  Aaron has never cleaned/gutted a fish before.   That his experience cooking fish is the fillets from the frozen food aisle.   Or fishsticks.

There's enough people there that chances are someone else doesn't mind cleaning it. (hello, Red comes to mind). I'm not a chef and I don't clean or gut any animal. I will keep it packed in ice and break it down after, though. I dont think Aaron can even handle that. Frozen food does seem to be his expertise. *smdh*

• Love 2

Well, they have created the society that production wanted.

They are liars, cheats and thieves who bully anyone who doesn't fall into the lying, cheating and thieving lifestyle.

That is a type of society and that is the one production wanted so.......

Edited by GenL
Remove off topic language
  • Love 6

I question if production even cares anymore. They have to know they're dead in a couple weeks when baseball gets in the way. There's no way they're coming back after it. Until then it's however much they can get people to pay for the feeds to offset their costs.

The division and championship series are being aired on TBS and Fox Sports 1.  Only the world series will be shown on Fox.  So that's four to seven days.  If they can't survive that, they deserve to be canceled.

This. I would still be watching if Bri was gone. I would pay to watch the censored live feeds if I knew Aaron was the next to get booted. And Kristen. Then maybe Mike and Rob. It would be nice to still have Red there so I could know the animals are at least being cared for.

Since the rules are ever changing, and they are pretending that they want to give viewers some control, I think we should be able to vote back in someone who's been eliminated.  I would be glued to the feeds to watch every person bullied and voted out, triumphantly walking back in.  I want to see the looks on the faces of the cool kids club as they realize that America does really like Nikki, Josh, Bella, etc.    To add to that, the person voted back in gets a month's immunity.  I would enjoy that.

If Aaron wants to control people through food (which he seems to be doing) he should get off his damned lazy ass and make lunch.  The Utopians are so lucky that they prepare their own lunch, because it's their only control over their food.  Regarding fishing in the pond - Aaron's incredibly laziness and incompetence does not stop others from fishing and eating.  It's crazy to me how passive and aimless these people are.  If Aaron disappeared one day, I honestly think a certain percentage would simply starve to death waiting for his meals.

• Love 6

Nikki knows if she is losing weight, and she was not overweight when she got there.    she surely notices the weight loss in the others.    she knows the solution is to eat more food.

If production cared even an ounce for these people (or at least wanted to give that impression) they would have a scale and have people weigh in weekly, and document their BMI.  It's easy to do.  While I don't think anyone is truly starving, they are losing weight unnaturally quick.  I tend to be very sensitive to low blood sugar - I get a little confused, non-decisional, and weak.  Controlling a group's food is a classic tool of a cult leader, and when you bring in a group of people already incredibly laid-back with few leaders, and willing to hand over their autonomy, keeping them off balanced  and easily controlled by underfeeding them, gets much easier.

• Love 7

There's no way in hell Aaron would have any contact with my food, in any way. Uh-uh.

I would also like to see Red, Dave, and John come waltzing back in. That would be so sweet! I don't think any of them care to come back, though. They saw their exit and jumped. I can't blame them one bit.

• Love 4

Aaron is not a chef, a chef does not allow his kitchen to get filthy. The stove and counters are disgusting, he doesn't wash his hands, he double dips the spoon back into the pot and etc. GROSS , if I was his boss I would really think about him serving me any kind of meals.

• Love 8

I just hope it's on the live feeds when production breaks the news to them they're cancelled.

This is literally about the only reason I still follow the show, exclusively through these forums: some part of me needs to see that, even if it's just posted on YouTube later.  I desperately need to see the looks on the faces of people like Aaron, Kristen, Mike, et al when they realize that they've been cancelled, that they aren't famous, they won't be rich, and they sure as shit are not going to get sweet gig on some high-numbered cable channel.

As apparently we saw today, when someone snuck a hidden message in an email to Aaron (why him?  Why not anyone else?) saying he was greatly disliked and everyone knew about the theft... he had zero shame or regret.  This is kind of what we all assumed: these people are such borderline personality disorder cases- some more than others *koff* Bri- and so pathologically narcissistic that the only thing that will penetrate their fog of unearned self-love and adolescent dreams of wealth and fame is to find out this was all for nothing.  "No.  Just... No.  You're a loser.  No one even cares enough to hate-watch you.  Go back to your boring life, if you even can after shaming yourself publicly...".

And then we'll completely forget all about them a couple of weeks after they're evicted. :)

• Love 9

I haven't watched the show in weeks, I read the feeds. Sorry Fox this is a huge TRAIN WRECK, then you guys have the balls to advertise claiming it's the 'Most viewed" what a joke. Get those poor animals to safety get that psychopath Bri away from them. Her parents must be really proud of the tramp she is. I would not be happy at all if my child acted that way especially in front of a nation.

Edited by Wildgypsie
  • Love 9

As apparently we saw today, when someone snuck a hidden message in an email to Aaron (why him?  Why not anyone else?)

That's what's so baffling about this. As clever as that person was in getting the email through, why the hell would you send it to Aaron or Kristen?

I suppose those are the two that mostly control the online stuff, so if an email was sent to somebody else, you couldn't be sure that they actually read it? That's the only logical reason I can think of.

• Love 3

Apparently, the emailer wanted to "rattle his cage" by telling him that everything he does is seen and that nobody likes him or Kristen.   Does seem a bit of a waste though.   For a guy who sneezes all over the food, and doesn't wash his hands, I don't think he would care much.

Are they still voting for the Dystopian that stays?  I think I'd like to vote for Katie - she likes to talk about production; ( I saw her talking about production,  saying her beeper was going off,  warning her not to talk about them.) but, I didn't see where to vote on the website.

Edited by EverCat
  • Love 1

Something that might be interesting:  One of the producers (Kroll aka hippykid on Twitter) has said that they have been considering having evictions every two weeks, I didn't see the tweet so I can't verify that.

Buuttt... two past visitors have reportedly been seen at the hotel used to sequester incoming Utopians.  Ben, the first Yoga student, and Jack, who I don't remember but was at one of the Utopia Experiences. 

Josh was heard saying something to someone (I think Ernesto) that he's being pushed by Production to finish the 'shop' because it's to be used for Rob as a honeymoon shack.  (How romantic.  If true I wonder if there will be cameras installed.)

Could this 'shop' also be used for Amanda for when she has the baby?  I like babies just as much as the next person, but I was really hoping that she'd leave and not bring a newborn into that environment.  Production has also tweeted that they're considering have a baby shower for her.  So much for the Utopians not being allowed to be given gifts, although Nikki was given some gifts a couple of days ago from a couple that showed up for a private Yoga class, and they also left some gifts for Amanda.  I think it was considered full or partial payment for the class, but it sounds like the gifts were worth more than the class, so this could be why no new bartering is allowed.

Nikki told Amanda that some of her emails had been deleted.  Amanda asked how she knew that and Nikki said that "a little birdie" told her (her last meditation student gave her a long hug when she was leaving and was whispering to her while Nikki murmured 'Hmmm' and 'OK').  Nikki had discussed the email situation with Rob, but their conversation got derailed and ended up being a complaint about the 80/20 split on profits.  

After talking with Amanda, Nikki talked to Josh.  Josh stupidly believes that Nikki is responsible for the group having to eat beans for five days in a row (Aaron claimed that he told Nikki to order more meat when he actually insisted that she order just a set amount, when people complained he lied like he always does.)  I was relieved that Josh didn't ignore Nikki about the emails because he was mad at her for something else, instead he listened to her and since he is one of the people who are wondering why Aaron seems to have so much money to spend, he decided to check it out.  Unfortunately, he went to Mike and voiced his concerns.  This ended in a predictable manner, with Josh saying they should keep an eye on things and pretty much leaving it up to Mike to handle the situation.

Taylor is getting progressively more surly and depressed, and talking about how he's never been away from his family for this long.  He's thinking about quitting, but I'm not sure if he'd do it right away or wait a little longer in case he adjusts to Utopia.

Katie got upset when the calf was let out to play and she heard one of the cows (Betsy, not the mother) mooing and has had a crisis of faith.  She was saying that she can't understand why the calf isn't with her mother and she feels powerless to help.  I'd feel better if she didn't have two young children that have been raised more by their grandparents than by her.  I can't decide if she just identifies better with animals than people or if she's thinking she might be voted out and is looking for an excuse to leave rather than being told to go.

Katie spent some time with Production, then sat alone for awhile before going to the house to eat dinner.  The group had saved her some food and instead of eating it at the table she went to eat it at her bed.  Bri sat with her and noticed her hands were shaking.  Katie took some pills out of her box and swallowed several of them.  Bri asked her what they were, and Katie brushed her off by saying "Don't worry about it."

More people are talking about how Aaron seems to have more money to spend than he should, but attempts to find out just what's going on are still weak, mostly just talk about paying more attention to the money.  But since they all still seem to think that Mike and Dede are trustworthy, I can't be sure if anything will really change right away.

Production made the Utopians recreate a government meeting that they'd had a day or two before.  Mike said when he called them together that they (Production) needed more lively debate, or something like that.  I didn't watch, I'm reporting what other feedsters were talking about.  The meeting didn't go well.  Katie refused to participate and walked off.  Most people just sat there.  Mike was both making fun of the whole mess and playing to cameras like he was doing a standup comedy act.  Right after the meeting broke up, Mike was complaining about the whole situation when he was called to Production.  Dede told Taylor that he was being yelled at, and the feeds switched.

A lot of the Utopians have been called to Production over the weekend, most of them in the group that is causing the most problems and are the most disliked by the feedsters.  After Mike reappeared he seemed subdued and wouldn't talk about it.  Later Hex told someone that the next meeting they had she would be leading.  I hope she can get through it without her notecards this time.  During the last eviction (aka Replacement voting) she proved she's not very good at public speaking when she couldn't state who she was voting to leave and why unless she read her statement from a paper.

So a lot of things could change, and inertia could take over and nothing will change.  Guess we'll have to wait and see...

• Love 10

Thanks Zahdii!  Also for the link - worked perfectly.  

"considering having evictions every two weeks,"

They should have kept the original premise where the newtopian chose the evictee.

Instead of building a honeymoon shack maybe they should consider screening on the main building so there aren't so many flies, etc. 

A Joker posted a link to Aaron's and the UT"s wishlist:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1KLTKPY1DC2P0/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_v/190-0158708-2804344?

And I was wondering to myself why they hadn't gotten air mattresses and ice cream machines.

• Love 4
Josh was heard saying something to someone (I think Ernesto) that he's being pushed by Production to finish the 'shop' because it's to be used for Rob as a honeymoon shack.

/

Taylor is getting progressively more surly and depressed, and talking about how he's never been away from his family for this long.  He's thinking about quitting, but I'm not sure if he'd do it right away or wait a little longer in case he adjusts to Utopia.

/

I'd feel better if she didn't have two young children that have been raised more by their grandparents than by her.

as soon as that workshop starts looking like a cabin, someone will want to live in it.

Josh might as well add some insulation and an electric heater.

Maybe Taylor is cranky because he's getting less "action" than he is used to.

The father must be totally absent, if he isn't suing for full custody because the mother left the kids for a year.

• Love 4

As far as I heard there are two fathers and both have never paid child support even after she took legal action. So i guess they have no interest and no legal standing to sue for custody.

I listened to a conversation between Amanda and Nikki during which Amanda told Nikki about everything we always critizize about Aarons unsanitary cooking and him putting things into the food someone doesn't eat and lying to them about it. Good for Amanda that she put herself and her child out of harms way, but I feel they should share this with everyone. In that conversation Nikki said that she wouldn't eat anything Aaron cooks again. We'll see if she will stick to that.

• Love 3

It's kind of amusing to watch Production scrabble about, desperately trying to salvage their own shipwreck.  No more pretending they aren't hiding in the barn, pulling the levers.  Suddenly they're openly calling for reshoots, summoning castmembers to the principal's office and using buzzers to shut down conversation.  (Too bad it's not shock collars.  Zap!  "Ow!")

They tried fresh crazy, fresh cleavage and now Upcoming Special Events.   Is it possible the semi-monthly elimination means it finally occurred to someone what they really need is different people?  

I think they should just throw up their hands and say, "Uncle! We've read the writing on the internet wall and from now on, one person will be eliminated and replaced every week."  The Topes would acquire some motivation and the audience hemorrhage would pause. 

For their stupid little Fantasy Island television show--and maybe those are the only numbers that count--they could claim a total reboot of a show in progress as a television first. 

Get me hippykid on the phone.  : )

• Love 7

A Joker posted a link to Aaron's and the UT"s wishlist:

I'm sure all those items will be sent to Aaron's house.

Amanda & the newtopian-to-be:  Wasn't it Bella who freaked over people attending to personal hygiene matters in the pond?  She' going to have a conniption if they use wipes & disposable diapers on the babe, but also if they use cloth diapers and have to wash them any place where the water might run off into the pond.

• Love 2

And since we have an entire thread for 'animal care' on this forum I hope this thread doesn't go on about this because I'm kind of tired of talking about it and tend to avoid coming to this thread when that tangent goes off. No disrespect but it just wears me out and there is so much else so wrong to talk about. Things such as the vote! 

Just to clarify, discussing the Dopes' daily interaction with the animals as shown on the feeds is fine here. Discussion of efforts to improve care for the animals should be confined to the "animals" topic."  There is a lot to talk about, not just the animals, so I agree let's not focus on that one aspect but it's impossible to avoid it completely.

• Love 2

Well, Cal did tell Bella that he'd be happy to see her join his little commune outside of Portland, so maybe she'll just go there.  No kids there, that I know of.

Confusing since Cal explained about his commune, that they need to pick the strong people because they aren't enough yet to support the weak. He said that one weak person needed multiple strong to keep them going and I would rather see Bella as a person who needs support, than one who can give support.

• Love 1

I was checking out the Utopians' wish list on Amazon, and one of the sub-lists is for Aaron. He wants to order a $50 standing floor mirror, some kind of "rib vest" (kind of looks like the bullet proof vests that cops/law enforcement wear on the outside of their uniforms, though this seems much lighter weight and of course is not bullet proof - not sure what this could be used for), and "Mens Casual Dress Slim Fit Stylish two button Fashion Suit Blazer Jackets," among other things. What on earth would he need suit jackets for in Utopia? I think that, as DeLurker mentioned above, and given that we've seen Kristen and Aaron plotting to order things not just with personal money but group funds as well to be sent home, some of these items definitely have to be going straight to Aaron's house.

The only thing on Mike's wish list is a 5lb bag of watermelon sour patch kids, which costs around $21. With their limited funds 5lbs of sour patch kids is one of the last things they should think about buying.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5

I was checking out the Utopians' wish list on Amazon, and one of the sub-lists is for Aaron. He wants to order a $50 standing floor mirror...

So, what happened to the "no gifts" rule?

What would happen if somebody were to buy them one of these items? I'm kind of tempted to do so, but I don't want to encourage them. How is Production even allowing them to have an Amazon account?

• Love 3

Aaron just found out about the change in payout being proposed. He is all mad and glaring. Kristen doesn't like the system changing. Mike and Dedeker are adamant - they don't have the money.  

I think I missed this discussion on the feeds. What is the change in payout that they are proposing?

Thorazine aughta do it. 

Aaron just found out about the change in payout being proposed. He is all mad and glaring. Kristen doesn't like the system changing. Mike and Dedeker are adamant - they don't have the money.  

Aaron and Rob trashing Nikki re ordering meat.  You can't tell a grown ass man what he can and cannot eat, per Aaron.  

You know, Aaron is just a big ol' bottomless pit of putrid anger and entitlement.  I am sure he will be a real asshole during the breakfast payday meeting. 

Except for when you make up the shopping list and "cook" all the food.

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 5

One of the proposals that was getting traction was to take the gross, take taxes and bills off the top, then distribute the 20 percent. That would lessen the huge disparity between haves and have nots. There is also talk of a safety net so that no one goes under ten dollars regardless. The problem they have is that they don't want to dip into savings because they are saving for important things like the hot water heater and other things they need that are expensive.  The reason they would like to keep the amount in savings from being on the table is that some people will want to use it immediately (based on past behavior). Out of sight, out of mind seems to be the desired status for the savings. (That's my philosophy on a personal basis, it works better if you forget it's there). They have some extra in the account from when Red left (he didn't take his money with him) but that is not a permanent solution so they need a good plan is Mike's problem. 

With the way Aaron feeds them they will be in trouble if they only get a 4.80 payout instead of at least ten dollars. They need to buy extra personal food.  

Mike says people want simple solutions. 'I want to do capitalism. I want to have paychecks for people. I want a government.'  But people don't realize that you have to have a plan for this. You can't just simplify it you have to take a lot of variables into account. The simple 80/20 split they have now is too simple and won't work as it is now.  

Kirsten is all upset and is afraid people will blame her as the one who instituted capitalism and this shouldn't be a witch hunt etc. It's not fair to Kristen. Etc.  Aaron just wants as big a payout as he can intimidate people into providing for him. 

Thanks for filling in the details Andyourlittledog2!

So Kristen, the one who stated that she didn't care what anyone thought of her when Aaron shared the e-mail with the hidden message in it and who has already bawled her eyes out at least once for being criticized by the group, is now worried and afraid that he group will blame her for the complete inequity within the group. She needs to own up to this and admit that her idea wasn't the right thing to do given their circumstances. Of course she won't do this and neither will Aaron. Aaron is just as much at fault as Kristen is for this and he's been the one reaping the rewards. I cannot stand him - and every time I see him ranting and raving, trying to intimidate someone, bullying people, being completely disrespectful and just being all around sleazy while wearing his Army outfit I want to drop my computer down the stairs. Did he bring any other clothes with him? I think I've seen him in a pair of sweats a handful of times, but he's pretty much always in his Army gear.  Someone should "prank" Aaron and try to "rattle his cage" by hiding his Army outfit.

I really hope they do accelerate the voting and replacement process. I can't wait another 30 days for another asshat to be voted out. I wish they would turn the voting over to the viewers instead of just letting us pick the third nominee - or at least let us choose the three that will be up for replacement. That would be interesting as the group would then have a pretty good idea that the viewers cannot stand the majority of the people there and the first batch selected would know that they are pretty much the least liked.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6
one of the sub-lists is for Aaron. He wants to order a $50 standing floor mirror, some kind of "rib vest" (kind of looks like the bullet proof vests that cops/law enforcement wear on the outside of their uniforms, though this seems much lighter weight and of course is not bullet proof - not sure what this could be used for), and "Mens Casual Dress Slim Fit Stylish two button Fashion Suit Blazer Jackets," among other things. What on earth would he need suit jackets for in Utopia?

Please tell me no one would actually buy Aaron's wishlist items for him.  There can't be anyone out there that gullible, right?   I mean, I don't think anyone should get any of the topes anything from the group wishlist, either.  But subsidizing Aaron via personal purchases?  Just no.  This guy is five kinds of scam artist.

Kirsten is all upset and is afraid people will blame her as the one who instituted capitalism

Well, they should blame her.  She used her three days of government rule to implement something without thinking it through beyond what it would do for herself and Aaron.  If it went wrong, it's on her.

• Love 3

My world just went dark because it almost sounded like Aaron was not being the biggest asshole in a conversation he was involved in.  And and and he sorta kinda almost sounded, dare I say, reasonable?

I realize being reasonable and sounding reasonable are two different things, but I am not used to him sounding reasonable.

I need a drink.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 10

I thought that Cal was going to be the beacon the light at the end of the tunnel, and it appears that he can't get out of the way of his own agendas either. Since Fox has been changing their rules at any moment, and they seem invested in trying to get the show to work (most shows would have been canceled by now), why can't they just pick a new 15? Or let America pick 4 to let stay and then bring in the right people. Reset. Reboot. Retool. I could respect that they spent 50 million and really hope that the show could make a go of it and get some people who would be willing to try and do something like this. If I didn't have a high schooler and could just up and go, I think that I would try for something like this. But not to be a "reality" star, but to try to be in the experiment. To see if I could really do something like this. Although, I don't think $1,000 a week is enough to up and leave everything though. Do they pay $1,000 a week + PLUS cover personal expenses? I know some shows do it that way, which makes the stipend much more attractive. 

• Love 1

I think it's hysterical that there's an Amazon wishlist requesting personal wardrobe for Aaron, and it's itemized by casualwear and formalwear.

They really have lost touch with any sense of reality.

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

Well, they have created the society that production wanted.

They are liars, cheats and thieves who bully anyone who doesn't fall into the lying, cheating and thieving lifestyle.

That is a type of society and that is the one production wanted so.......

As far as this stupid show, I was looking forward to watching it when I heard about it but 1 episode was all I could take. Possibly the worst show ever. I do come here though, just to see if anything changes but it seems like it just keeps getting worse. I think I'll stick with Survivor for my reality show fix. Edited by GenL
Removed off topic language
  • Love 3

I think it's hysterical that there's an Amazon wishlist requesting personal wardrobe for Aaron, and it's itemized by casualwear and formalwear.

They really have lost touch with any sense of reality.

I bet they have NO IDEA that the show is tanking, that people are either hate-watching or switching to another channel. When they got the results of the viewers votes for Bri leaving, they thought it was "hundreds of thousands" of people voting. Wow.  I'd love to know how many people actually voted. 

Kristen said they would be like Heidi and Spencer? No, Those are people who are famous for being stupid assholes. The Utopians are just stupid assholes, without the "famous" part. Nobody cares.

• Love 5

HILARITY this afternoon. Production put Hex up to getting everyone to write down who they thought were the hardest workers and who "could make more of an effort."

Hex said, "this is not my idea, and I don't want to do this, but I was told we should."

After some discussion about it, they decided to go ahead and to read out/tally who was chosen for each. The vote sounded like most people voted for themselves (Mike got 2 "hardest worker" votes, Dedeker got one) and whoever they didn't like at the bottom (Nikki got 2 low end votes, I think). Someone voted Ernesto as the person who could work harder.

• Love 3

Kristen is venting to Aaron on his pallet.  Sometimes when she gets going he just says, 'blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.' at her. He is such a condescending asshole. He is completely being puppetmaster with her. He is explaining how they should divide it up.  He is trying to convince her that she can be strict like she wants to be but then people won't do it. She has to loosen up her strictness on her system and get people to manage on it. They don't have to be happy, just be able to manage in the system. 

Oh, I forgot that one of the methods they were talking about earlier was that folks wouldn't take their 20 percent out until they had earned 500 dollars and until then they get their ten dollars base. 

Kristen is complaining about Amanda now. Kristen says 'We all have a moral compass. We aren't all cavepeople'. (Amanda was saying that is folks won't get busy on chores if they have to make money on business and will put their efforts on their business to make their own money. Apparently Kristin views this view point as lazy and 'cavepersonlike'.)  

Aaron is advising Kristen to loosen up and Kristen acts like it is a personal moral failure if she doesn't stick to her convictions and make it strict capitalism.  She says people look like fools to her and Aaron says those same people look at her as the fool.  Aaron is actually giving her good advice. 'I'm not going through the witch hunt thing again.' Aaron tells her 'It's not a witch hunt and I'll be with you there the whole meeting.'  Kristen says there are always dividing factors in life she lives her life to make the most of the factors she has and it's not just money. There will always be prettier girls than her or guys with bigger muscles than Aaron.... Kristen is having a mini meltdown.  

You know, usually people get all worked up over religious differences in this manner. Kristen acts as though people are asking her to deny God or something.  

Listening to Kristen and Aaron talk is like being in a Kafka novel.  

Aaron is doing the math on Kristen's counterproposal for the meeting because Kristen can't do it.  She is beyond useless yet she sees herself as this huge marketing businesswoman.  I'm not sure Aaron is a math whiz either so this should be a clusterfuck when it's done.  

This has the potential of being a very long day. 

Maybe the almighty dollar is Kristen's god?

Also, the guy who thought 20 x 10 = 210 is doing the math?

It's like all the stupid gathered up in one place.

Kristen is passionate about capitalism and being individuals and she was put in Utopia to have that passion.  She doesn't want to compromise. (She'd be great in Congress)  Aaron is trying to counsel her that they are a group and a family unit.  What is your goal, Aaron asks. Kristen's goal seems to be different than the group's goal.  Kristen says that the group is only as strong as the members and all the members of the group have to be strong. There should be no weak members in the group. (Delightful. Hitler would be so proud.)  Aaron doesn't want her to offend the others. Kristen is fine about being offensive. She's an entrepreneur! She is passionate about that!  She is only doing this for the benefit of the group.  

Aaron says someone is always going to disagree and say fuck it. There's nothing she can do past that. 

Wow, Kristen is such an asshole. It isn't even in her worldview that anyone could have a valid viewpoint that is not hers. She is completely right and they are completely wrong and she cannot compromise with wrong people. It's not in their best interests to let them be wrong that way. 

Kristen thinks changing her system takes away from the people 'who earned the money honestly'.  Aaron says it gives more to the group. They are not in the outside world, they are trying to do something different here. Kristen insists her rigid system isn't the most rigid system she really wants to do so that is a compromise for her!  See?  She's flexible!  Gawd, I loathe her. She keeps referring to people who 'work hard' not getting their money. That the laborers work hard is beyond her ability to understand. 

She needs to fucking go. Yesterday. 

So she's fine with being "offensive" yet cries like a baby when someone, anyone has anything remotely negative to say about her or her plan?

Alright then.

Who, in Kristen's opinion is "working hard"?  Certainly not her or Aaron.

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 4

Since Fox has been changing their rules at any moment, and they seem invested in trying to get the show to work (most shows would have been canceled by now)...

As discussed earlier, I think the production costs were fronted by De Mol, not Fox. So, I don't think it's Fox that's trying to persist with this, but rather De Mol trying to get his investment back. Fox is probably getting the show quite cheaply at this point.

... why can't they just pick a new 15? Or let America pick 4 to let stay and then bring in the right people. Reset. Reboot. Retool.

I don't think they know how to. The producers are so entrenched in the "insane drama" side of Reality TV production that they don't know any other way. Seriously, when Production thinks it's a good idea to put buzzers on the Utopians to warn them when they are talking about "unacceptable" topics, do you really think that they are capable of creating an intelligent or interesting show?

• Love 5

...the Topes are in no way a group of actual humans doing what actual humans might do if thrown together and forced to make a living or hash out a set of values. In fact, they're about as far from this as they can possibly be. The only thing real here (IMO) is the floundering efforts of the producers to make this nonsense interesting to anybody. How ironic that they have, in a sense, succeeded, albeit not in the way they intended. This has been a fascinating train wreck, entirely (for me) because of the folks watching the feeds and picking it apart.

ETA:

Seriously, when Production thinks it's a good idea to put buzzers on the Utopians to warn them when they are talking about "unacceptable" topics, do you really think that they are capable of creating an intelligent or interesting show?

Cheese and crackers, I hate/love this show. What a disaster. So utterly without merit, so contrived and without subtlety that the actors themselves rebel. Enjoy it while it lasts, fellow travelers, we shall not look upon its like again. Edited by GenL
Remove off topic language
  • Love 5

I had to laugh at Aaron's lame attempts to schmooze over his indiscretions.  What will he and Kristen, Mike and Dedeker resort to now, throwing paper airplane notes to each other or leaving messages under each other's pillows so they can discreetly take them to bathroom and read them sans cameras?  I hope those who are still watching are smart enough to see through this--from reading this forum and the various chats on different websites, I think so but if he lays low (so to speak), viewers will forget about his evil acts just like they seem to have forgotten Bri's.  I also got a good chuckle out of Bella's response to her negative votes--first she acts like she is on the verge of a meltdown, then she says "I don't care, it doesn't bother me."  Then she turns to her inner support group of Bella and Bella and begins the healing process, "I'm proud of you, Bella.  Let's go down by the lake and paint now.  You are doing a good job.  It was Nikki who voted for you, and soon she'll be out of here."  Yes, that was Bella talking to.....Bella.  

• Love 5

Both travel and do odd jobs for rip off schemes all over the country. Roofers, driveway sealers, construction remodels that are quick and shoddy or not done at all.  Their whole society is living off the outside world and scamming 'the others'. But their internal culture is very different based on their countries of origin.

I don't think this type of ethnic stereotyping is appropriate here.

• Love 2

I don't think they know how to. The producers are so entrenched in the "insane drama" side of Reality TV production that they don't know any other way. Seriously, when Production thinks it's a good idea to put buzzers on the Utopians to warn them when they are talking about "unacceptable" topics, do you really think that they are capable of creating an intelligent or interesting show?

Yes, you are correct In Pog Form, I can't possibly expect them to have a rational thought! lol. Perhaps if the show had been run by people who do more documentary style shows, those PBS "house" shows, or a show like Eco-Challenge, maybe the show would have been approached more seriously. As a real attempt to see what would happen. I had a momentary loss of rational thinking, I have a back injury and I blame it on the meds!

• Love 2

Then he teases Amanda that he wouldn't approach Amanda if he had a problem with her because she's a black woman and he isn't messing with a black woman, they are scary. Amanda laughed and played along with that tangent, which I won't get into, it was kind of funny.

This joke coming from the same guy that blew Josh's comment about hoping a chick who isn't into black guys would show up way out of proportion and led a racist witch hunt against him to the point it made it to the TV show...smh. I really don't like anything about Aaron.

• Love 4

Talk about different ethnic groups, including gypsies, Roma, tinkers or whatever, is not appropriate for this thread. I am going through and editing out all references because as of right now a ton of posts have been hidden but there may be some valid comments mixed in with the inappropriate topic.

• Love 2

When I was watching the feeds earlier today, Kristen mentioned that they no longer had PayPal access. It seemed as though she then left to speak to Production about it. I hope they really restrict the internet access for these people - they should absolutely prevent them from being able to delete or alter e-mails as I definitely want them to be able to read e-mails/comments from the viewers. If Production choses to delete an e-mail before it reaches the asshats, I don't necessarily agree with that at all, but I am completely against the Utopians being able to delete e-mails for any reason. They should stay out there for any of them to read at any time.

Also, earlier it sounded as though Dede was working on placing the personal food orders and she mentioned that Ernesto only has $4.80 in his account and Aaron then mentions that Ernesto owes him five dollars. I think they were planning to talk to Ernesto about it. Also, they mentioned that Ernesto doesn’t have enough to cover what he wants to order. Aaron has about $28 in his account, which will be $33 when Ernesto pays him back. Aaron said he really wants to buy his air mattress with his funds.

It also seems kind of off to me that so many of the Utopians are losing weight (and some a bit too quickly) but Aaron seems to be at least maintaining his weight (he has a good amount of muscle so he likely needs to eat a fair amount to maintain that) and Kristen seems to be gaining a little bit of weight. This just continues to point out the inequity of the community food distribution. Yes, they can all order personal food, but the whole 'capitalist' bullshit system Kristen introduced really constricts the amount of money each person gets to be able to do this. Coupled with Aaron's nearly sadistic attempt at portion control, these people may start to get ill or not be able to help as much around the compound if they aren't being fed adequately.

It is really interesting to me that Aaron seems to be having a slight change in tune since the e-mail with the hidden text made it through to him. He tried to play it off in the beginning, but I think the e-mail combined with whatever it was he was called into Production to discuss may have made him at least pretend to take it more seriously and to be a bit more self aware (more likely for no other reason than self preservation) and now he is trying to put on a better front (and I believe it is most definitely a front as I think his true intentions and opinions have already come out and most of them are despicable).

I think it may be too little too late for Aaron to start treating people better and working more with the group rather than being completely selfish. I have a feeling this small moment of self awareness based on the e-mail will be very short lived and Aaron will likely end up reverting to his old douchebag behaviors after a couple of days when the topic isn't in the forefront anymore. This seems to be kind of what is happening with the Bri situation. I haven't read about her or her actions too much as of late so it seems like her deplorable actions may perhaps be less in the spotlight for the time being. However, I really hope that they haven't completely  forgotten the deplorable and despicable things that she has done, particularly when it comes to the animals. She also seems completely lazy and doesn't seem to help out at all so there is no way she should be let off the hook for her actions (or lack thereof) and her misdeeds need to be remembered when the next vote to nominate people for replacement comes up.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6

Now just a minute there! I call BS on Katie and her overwhelming affection for the cows. She was called to the coop (production) earlier and they put two feeds up just now of a BEV of the inside of the barn. It was just the calf in there. Then Katie comes walking out of the production door (I remember it from when Red got called in for a mic problem early one morning) and she just walks right by, doesn't even stop or glance at the calf at all. NO ONE in Utopia does that.  They are all drawn to the calf when it is near like a magnet. Katie?  Doesn't even slow her pace. She knows it's there.  Someone, here or on Jokers, pointed out that even when she was milking she really didn't much pay attention to the cows, she mostly just talked. She didn't listen when told how to milk properly and did it wrong so was forbidden to milk any more. For someone who is sooooo invested in the cows and their emotional and physical well being she certainly is indifferent to the actual cows themselves.  I think she's just faking all this.  Who ignores the calf?  Who?!

And earlier she was babbling about the cow having been "raped" and then having her baby ripped away from her and who knows what else along those lines. And yet she doesn't even want to make googly eyes at that adorable little calf.

• Love 2