Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: The Buck Stops in Birmingham

• Start Topic

Kenya invites the ladies to Birmingham, Ala., to watch her surprise halftime performance at the Magic City Classic football game; Sanya struggles with blurred lines between family and work as her assistant/brother-in-law quits.

Airdate: 05.28.2023

This show has gotten so bad, it’s no longer fun to watch.

Marlo is such a bitch & WHF with the hubcap earrings in her TH’s. She has no story line except trying start shit with anyone she can bait into some argumentative nonsense.

The charity party was lame but loved seeing them asked to leave. No doubt the party organizers wanted them gone before the inevitable screaming started.

If Kenya’s daughter was in her room why was she cussing and screaming like a lunatic. She was louder inside the room than the group in the hallway.

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
Just now, Stats Queen said:

Why is it Kandi’s responsibility to help Marlo get your charges cleared?

Marlo just keeps wanting to dig at Kandi to try to make her out to be a bad person.

Here is a tip for you Marlo, Kandi doesn’t have enough time in her own life on a daily basis for all her own business and definitely no time for your nonsense.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Why is it Kandi’s responsibility to help Marlo get your charges cleared?

Marlo is such a bitch!  Kandi owes you NOTHING!!!  And she killed me saying, "Why is Kandi having all of these shootings at her place?"  ALL OF THESE SHOOTINGS?!!! Heffer, there's only been one!  Your nephew's death had NOTHING to do with Kandi or Old Lady Gang.  That's just some foul bullshit she's spewing.  

• Like 24

I just wish Kandi could keep her cool better when anyone comes for her.

She should just snicker, roll her eyes and say girl bye then walk away.

I do understand her being frustrated when every time she attends an event somebody pops of at her with some bullcrap and gets in her face.

• Like 9
(edited)

Praise the Lord (and I'm not even religious) we didn't see another 50 something year old (Sheree) going to the gynecologist because she thinks she might be pregnant when in reality she is menopausal. It's a story line that was used in different RHW franchises (and Married To Medicine). 

I guess Sheree is going to be wearing her She By Sheree leggings and tops most of the time...

I assume Marlo will attack Kandi all season about the shooting in order to hurt her successful businesses and herself personally. Didn't she say that (I'm paraphrasing) she brought her "culture" to OLG? 

It was amusing the charity event (planners) which was nothing impressive kicked the HWs out! Right in time too, as they were becoming more drunk. 

What a crazy incident! Marlo was kicking the hotel room door because she was angry the women had to leave the event, and Kenya disappeared. What happened to all this therapy she supposedly had? Kenya overreacted, as well- cursing in front of her young daughter.

Brooklyn looks exactly like Marc. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 9
8 hours ago, swankie said:

Marlo is such a bitch!  Kandi owes you NOTHING!!!  And she killed me saying, "Why is Kandi having all of these shootings at her place?"  ALL OF THESE SHOOTINGS?!!! Heffer, there's only been one!  Your nephew's death had NOTHING to do with Kandi or Old Lady Gang.  That's just some foul bullshit she's spewing.  

100% 

Also, Marlo is upset because Kandi never tried to help her have her records expunged? Wouldn't say a lawyer be the right person for that job and not some random new friend? Why wouldn't she just call a lawyer if she wanted some help with a legal matter instead of grasping at straws to blame Kandi for something that she is not trained to do?

• Like 17
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I assume Marlo will attack Kandi all season about the shooting in order to hurt her successful businesses and herself personally. Didn't she say that (I'm paraphrasing) she brought her "culture" to OLG? 

Yes, Marlo the woman with 7 mugshots, so a paragon of virtue, calm and personal accountability

• Like 9

Marlo should not have her charges expunged. I don't feel sorry for her at all!   I feel sorry that her nephew was shot, but what is the whole story behind that?  Has nothing to do with Kandi.  Marlo is so full of hate.

Kenya, as classy as she wants to appear to be, she can't host a trip for nothing.  I remember a past trip she ordered food for herself, and left others out.  She is not a generous host at all. And she then bosses everyone around.  Hope she hasn't burned her bridges with Monyetta over shaming her about her outfit.  That said, it was rude of them banging on her door.  Kenya shouldn't have cussed like that though.  Hope production rented the whole floor or the hotel would have to be comping rooms of the other guests, staying on that floor.  Hope no one was trying to sleep.

• Like 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

100% 

Also, Marlo is upset because Kandi never tried to help her have her records expunged? Wouldn't say a lawyer be the right person for that job and not some random new friend? Why wouldn't she just call a lawyer if she wanted some help with a legal matter instead of grasping at straws to blame Kandi for something that she is not trained to do?

This is so far fetched, and ridiculous. Kandi is not an attorney, and they are not even friends. Why did she think that she should help her, of all people? As for her record getting expunged, it could help her legally, but since she is on a reality show, everybody knows about it already. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

This show is boring me but also this was a really weird episode. Kenya was being so weird. Like was she trying to set them up? That was such a weird event they went to. Everything seemed so low budget and just weird. They shouldn’t have banged on Kenya’s door but Kenya reacted like a psycho lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I'm so sick of sewer MarLOW.  She needs to be fired, pronto.  If Marlo is on next season, I will not watch.  I want Sheree gone too but Sheree isn't as low as Marlo, but she is just as inauthentic.  If production is putting the battery in Marlo's back, they really misjudged what the audience wants to see.  We don't mind drama, but just let it be authentic.  I don't want people in the group who hate each other and manufacture reasons to attack someone.  Marlo has no redeeming value whatsoever.  This is not a believable friend group or sisterhood.  After last season, Kenya said she was done with Marlo.  It was clear Kandi didn't really fool with her either.  Kandi followed by Kenya are the top dogs, so they're not going anywhere.  Why force Marlo on everyone?  Marlo being on a Kenya trip is ridiculous.  This is where they are going to lose the audience.  They didn't even pretend someone else invited her -- she just showed up.  Kenya would never invite Marlo anywhere.  Marlo is one of the worst Housewives ever.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

The episode was a bunch of nothing. I agree that Marlo is putting way too much on Kandi. Did Marlo mention Quentin last season? From what was said, he didn’t work at OLG a at the time of his murder. It seems like she’s using her deceased nephew for a storyline. 

Does Kenya still sell Kenya Moore Hair Care or is it just a chant?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Marlo is dreadful. I was thinking that she was almost as good at reinventing herself as Porsha was, but Porsha was able to hold the facade together until she got her own show. Marlo didn't even make it three episodes. The whole Mauntie thing has to be an act. From whining about Kandi, to the affected behavior in the hotel room, to kicking Kenya's door, she's proved she's still the same tawdry person she always was.

• Like 13

This episode is terrible.

I don't know if it is a good idea for Marlow to have a firearm. 

20 hours ago, ZettaK said:

This is so far fetched, and ridiculous. Kandi is not an attorney, and they are not even friends. Why did she think that she should help her, of all people? As for her record getting expunged, it could help her legally, but since she is on a reality show, everybody knows about it already. 

Marlo is mistaking Kandi for one of her old sugar daddies.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

It would be great tv if the few restaurants (hotels, etc.) which still let HWs (and other reality stars) film at their premises kicked them out, just when they started getting disruptive. I'm thinking of Jersey, and OC.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Definitely hope that whatever court officer that oversees expungement of cases sees that video. Especially with two kids in the house - she'd probably shoot one of them sneaking in at dawn after leaving their girlfriend's house. 

I still enjoy Atlanta, and will hate to see Kandi go, but they need to reboot. I liked the preview for NYC - there was one line that made me think of SLC's "you smell like hospital" for sheer weirdness.  The fun of these shows in the early years was analyzing previously unknown eccentric people putting on wealthy facades for tv. Once all their real life stories are out and they battle for storylines, it eventually devolves into drunken screaming matches. I want real moments, like Kim Z snidely remarking in an early talking head that they make fun of her for living in a townhouse, but she actually OWNS it. Alex and her husband acting as if he owns the hotel he works at and their invitations to the Met ball were misplaced, while Jill crows about her upholstery money. Fashion shows without FASHION! Spending 50k they don't have on a 5 year old's birthday party while the people with actual money look at each other and say a cake and ice cream probably would have been enough.

Maybe if they reboot Atlanta with no "names" they can work Kandi and Kenya back in at some point when the newbies wouldn't get eaten alive.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
On 5/30/2023 at 7:03 PM, qtpye said:

This episode is terrible.

On 5/29/2023 at 10:46 PM, ZettaK said:

Marlo is mistaking Kandi for one of her old sugar daddies.

What is Marlo's problem?  The shooting of her nephew has nothing to do with Kandi.  Not even the fact that he once worked for her connects Kandi to his murder.  Marlo is looking for a storyline and going after Kandi to be relevant.  It seems as though as Marlo is taking a page from the book of Joe and Melissa Gorga.  Not a good idea.  

And I felt bad for Drew when Marlo had her screaming meltdown.  The look on Drew's face was like WTF???!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, gaPeach said:

What is Marlo's problem?  The shooting of her nephew has nothing to do with Kandi.  Not even the fact that he once worked for her connects Kandi to his murder.  Marlo is looking for a storyline and going after Kandi to be relevant.  It seems as though as Marlo is taking a page from the book of Joe and Melissa Gorga.  Not a good idea.  

And I felt bad for Drew when Marlo had her screaming meltdown.  The look on Drew's face was like WTF???!!

Kandi actually advocated for Marlow to get a peach even though she was originally Nene's friend.

Nene never liked Kandi because Kandi was already worldwide before she came on the show.

I mean girl wrote hit songs for TLC and Destiny's Child.

• Like 4
  • Love 2