Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Week of Firsts

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On the CMT website there are deleted scenes and one where Kelly is praising Vivian on how good she looks in the uniform. I also agree that Breelan is a bad dancer, and I don't by any means think that Vivian is the best dancer in the room but she is much better than Breelan and Caila. 

I agree with the comment about Caila's teeth. I also think that the TCCs could use a speech class so they can stop dragging out their words..for instance Lacey. Listening to Lacey and Caila talk is torture. STOP SLURRING YOUR WORDS AND OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND TALK.

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1

It's not so easy for some people to stay very thin. Someone with a body type like Alex or Veronica, they can gain pretty rapidly (or at least it seems this way). And 10 lbs on these girls looks like a lot, because they are already petite. I work out and take care of myself and if I slack off even a bit, it begins to show. Doesn't mean I'm inhaling fast food. That is just how my body is.

I think what happens is these girls restrict a lot. This leads to bingeing. Probably they are all on their best body behavior before calendars and then in that window between calendars and auditions, not much happen. So maybe they feel it's okay to take a few weeks off and get back to it before auditions. But they can't turn it around in time. Or if they are stress or emotional eaters, it's hard to just turn that off, depending on what's going on in your life. Maybe Hannah was stressed about finishing college or Paige was having marriage problems. They are people too.

Hannah stood out to me as sweet, pretty and well spoken in her interviews and I'm kind of sad that she is gone. But I 100% agree with Judy- axe them at finals, the end. Like they did with Alyssa T and Kamilah and those girls. Although I'm happy they didn't axe Veronica, I like her a lot. Who knows lol. Glad it's not my decision to make.

And I may need glasses, but WHAT is the problem with Brittney already?!?!? Girl looks fine to me!!!

• Love 2

Entirely agree on Melissa K's tweets. I suspect that her name would have trended on twitter, even if she'd not sent a single tweet - it was such a newsworthy event and got wide coverage.

If she had not tweeted and stayed silent, there would have been speculation she was upset/ill/in trouble. She did the right thing to send a jokey 'I am fine!' tweet.

• Love 1

I disagree. Hannah had weight warnings throughout her rookie year, while Veronica has maintained her weight and toned physique for several years, and now it seems that age and metabolism are catching up with her. That's very different from coming on a team with a totally tight body like Hannah did and then loosing it before her rookie year is out. Hannah should have been a quick fix, but the point is she did not fix it after her several weight warnings. She continued to gain weight, get out of shape--she was more winded than most vets after the dance they did--and has become sloppy with her dancing. As far as Veronica looking huge, she did look bigger, but she did not have the tummy and back rolls that Hannah did, and both girls had a bit of cellulite in their thighs, not just Veronica. I thought Hannah asking about a time frame was ridiculous. That basically seemed like her saying, well I didn't take y'all seriously for months with those weight warnings, but now that I get you mean business, how much time can I have to fix this? I'm pretty sure the time frame for addressing this started with the first warning.

I thought Megan looked good in the uniform, and was the first time I really thought she looked like a DCC. I think she's a really good dancer, but she never wowed me, and her kicks are bad. She's won me over with her personality. I think if she danced and had kicks like Melissa or Erica, they might have given her more time to try to trim down a little. She could be a good candidate to come back like Vivian, taking a year to stretch and trim up. I'd like to see her come back stronger and make the team. I'd be just as happy to see or hear that she moved on from DCC, too, but she moved her whole life to Dallas, so I think it's possible she may try again. Does anyone know if she made another team this year?

I'm glad Courtney told them she'd never weighed that little, and I hope she never does. She has the tiniest belly pooch, which I find very cute, but other than that, I thought she looked great in the uniform. The boots could change things, but I still wonder why they can't put lifts in the boots of some of the shorter girls, just to give them another inch or so. Tom Cruise uses lifts, why not the DCC?!

Megan moved back to Florida according to twitter so I don't think she will re audition

And I agree about the whole boots thing they always complain about it I feel they should set a height requirement for auditions

On this weight thing, you are much greater experts on the DCC than I...what would you define as the 'off season' for the DCC? I remember Charlotte asking 'what are the veterans doing in the off season', looking at Kali because she felt they were out of shape. Obviously June to December is super busy. But is, say, March to May, quieter time?

Also - I get the impression that there are lots of formal dinners and lunches as part of DCC - am I correct? I remember the etiquette lesson in the expensive hotel - with Meagan Flaherty er al (season 4?) This dinner had much cheese sauce as far as I remember! Surely it is hard to dine formally on a regular basis and keep weight down - as you have no choice of menu etc...

And what is the DCC banquet? Is that a big meal? And the dinners after games look like big meals too in people's tweets...

Of course, I understand that eating together is vital to team spirit, I just wonder if the social requirements of the DCC could actually increase the weight of some girls....

I agreed with Judy's comment about "no more 'maybes' for veterans; it's either yes or no." I 100% believe that veterans who are unprepared or out of shape should be cut, but I think those cuts should happen at - or even before - tryouts. Don't let them re-audition if they can't fit into the uniform. Don't bring them into training camp if, realistically, they can't get back to an acceptable size before the season starts.  I know that DCCs have to let Kelli and Judy know ahead of time whether or not they plan to re-audition, and I think that all of the vets should be told that if they're not "DCC ready" by the date that their answer is due, they are an automatic "No" and will not be permitted to re-audition. End of story, not up for discussion, and no special exceptions for any reason. If they're serious about being on the squad, they can take the year to get back in shape and then try out again the following year.

To me, Veronica is this year's Morgan. Being inexplicably pushed through despite not meeting the standards that everyone else is expected to adhere to... crying and making excuses and talking about how it's just so hard for her. But it's even worse, because as a 4 year vet, she is very aware of what's required to be on this team. I don't think she's owed a fourth year just because she's had three good ones. I understand that it's not easy to maintain your weight, and that at some point your metabolism catches up to you and it's impossible to stay in "DCC shape".  For a DCC, that's the point when you need to accept that your cheerleading days are over and gracefully bow out.

Either it's ok to be out of shape and stand out in an inappropriate way, or it's not. But it shouldn't be ok for one girl and not for another.  I just feel like they kind of pulled the rug out from under Hannah; they brought her back, then basically cut her for weight gain that happened over the course of last season, without giving her the opportunity THIS season to lose it.  I agree Hannah seemed to have kind of a smirk on her face/attitude, but honestly, I would, too. The fact that she's being cut for this and told they are "out of time" (while they are bending over backwards to help Veronica lose weight and enroll her in a special diet program so she can stay on the team) is laughable. I'm surprised more of these cut vets and TCCs don't call them out for their blatant favoritism of certain girls (Cassie Trammell, Morgan, now Veronica) who seem to have endless "get out of jail free" cards when it comes to problems that others are cut for.

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Love 1

It's not so easy for some people to stay very thin. Someone with a body type like Alex or Veronica, they can gain pretty rapidly (or at least it seems this way). And 10 lbs on these girls looks like a lot, because they are already petite. I work out and take care of myself and if I slack off even a bit, it begins to show. Doesn't mean I'm inhaling fast food. That is just how my body is.

I think what happens is these girls restrict a lot. This leads to bingeing. Probably they are all on their best body behavior before calendars and then in that window between calendars and auditions, not much happen. So maybe they feel it's okay to take a few weeks off and get back to it before auditions. But they can't turn it around in time. Or if they are stress or emotional eaters, it's hard to just turn that off, depending on what's going on in your life. Maybe Hannah was stressed about finishing college or Paige was having marriage problems. They are people too.

Hannah stood out to me as sweet, pretty and well spoken in her interviews and I'm kind of sad that she is gone. But I 100% agree with Judy- axe them at finals, the end. Like they did with Alyssa T and Kamilah and those girls. Although I'm happy they didn't axe Veronica, I like her a lot. Who knows lol. Glad it's not my decision to make.

And I may need glasses, but WHAT is the problem with Brittney already?!?!? Girl looks fine to me!!!

I agree with the restricting- they probably do not eat nearly enough calories and that will actually backfire and make them hold onto weight. 

Maybe they're going to start paying the girls more so they have to make sure not to go over 36 this year?

...lawl. Just kidding. That ain't happening.

I thought the "American thigh" comment was strange too, especially since obesity is running rampant in the US. I don't want to see real American thighs in those shorts personally.

• Love 1

Interesting point, blairwaldorf, sure many of the team sees favoritism - and that can't be good for team harmony.

I agree blairwaldorf that Hannah's cut was illogical. And I really can't fathom why K and J were so curt with her - no 'good luck in the future' or even a 'goodnight'. They were colder with her than Chelsea C last series, who after all had complained about the rules vociferously in a way Kitty called 'toxic' - Hannah was very professional when telling the others about her cut.

I am thinking that being featured heavily as a TCC in one series might be the kiss of doom - Chelsea was everyone's pet in series 7 (K said she'd be a 50 yard girl), then cut in series 8. Now Hannah was the pet of Series 8 and she is cut in 9. Whereas I seem to think (please correct me if i am wrong), there was not much coverage of those now seen as super veterans such as Samantha, Jennifer and Holly when they were in TC. Hope this trend stops and we don't lose the one in TC who is the pet of series 9 - that would be dreadful!

I don't really remember Hannah getting more coverage than any of the other rookie standouts last year. I believe Jennifer K. got more screen time than Hannah or Samantha last year, and Jennifer K. was also rookie of the year i believe. So I wouldn't say Hannah was exactly a pet. Several other rookies were picked for show group,-- Jennifer K., Samantha, Ashley N. etc.

I agree that they treated Hannah coldly, but I also believe there was something happening behind the scenes that we don't know about. I don't think they would have treated her that way otherwise, but I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Megan moved back to Florida according to twitter so I don't think she will re audition

And I agree about the whole boots thing they always complain about it I feel they should set a height requirement for auditions

It has nothing to do with high it's ur proportion they have a lot of girls who are shorter than courtney miknzie was 5'2 jessicas maria , jordon , sydeny , jenna , jessika samantha all these girls are shorter than courtney

I feel like we, the fans, wouldn't care so much about how the girls look, if they wouldn't talk so much about it on the show. I don't think anyone would really care whether the boots take up half a girls leg if that wasn't brought up over and over again with people like Vivian, or a stocky build wouldn't be something concerning if girls like Megan weren't cut because of it. I know we do look at each cheerleaders body and expect them to look great, but emphasizing it over and over again on the show and then calling out the fans for being mean about it in social media seems really hypocrite.

Watching the social media seminar again it feels so wrong. They want the girls to seem attainable and down to earth and yet not share anything with their fans. Often social media is the only way to get to know some of the cheerleaders as they don't get a lot of screen time on the show. And the DCC wouldn't be so well known if all you got was a cameo shoot, a short biography and game day pictures. If that was all you got throughout the season there really wouldn't be any point to the MTT show, you wouldn't know anything about the cheerleaders and all you would expect from them was great dancing, a great body and an overall great appearance, every cheerleader would be nothing more than a pretty face. But they do want their girls to be recognized as more than that, that's why they have to have jobs, be educated and well spoken and appear to be the perfect young woman. So saying social media is not your friend and you should only share things with people you actually know just seems kind of stupid to me...

• Love 1

For all the dancers out there: this weight thing is normal in the professional dance world, yes?

Maybe it's just getting worse and so Kelli has no tolerance. It was brought up at the first meeting last season when discussing the contracts they sign. It's interesting they have contracts, BTW.

I still cannot get past Kelli when she mentioned Melissa at auditions and she she said, "...but," after describing her as really cute. If Melissa is going to have a but after her name then all the candidates are screwed.

I feel like we, the fans, wouldn't care so much about how the girls look, if they wouldn't talk so much about it on the show. I don't think anyone would really care whether the boots take up half a girls leg if that wasn't brought up over and over again with people like Vivian, or a stocky build wouldn't be something concerning if girls like Megan weren't cut because of it. I know we do look at each cheerleaders body and expect them to look great, but emphasizing it over and over again on the show and then calling out the fans for being mean about it in social media seems really hypocrite.

I agree. All these girls are attractive and pretty and I only find myself scrutinizing the girls during the show, or if there is something disturbing about their appearance. Like Brittany when she became so so thin at calendar shoot. 

I still cannot get past Kelli when she mentioned Melissa at auditions and she she said, "...but," after describing her as really cute. If Melissa is going to have a but after her name then all the candidates are screwed.

The first time I watched that part I actually thought she said "cute butt". Rewatching it, it did sound more like a "but", but maybe it was just bad editing again and she really didn't mean it as a negative "but". Doesn't have to be, but it is at least a possibility.. If she really did say "but" maybe it was something like Melissa's school work being really hard and time consuming...

(I know this really  belongs in the thread for episode 1, but I wanted to respond...)

Every time I see Breelan I think she looks like a poor man's Blair Waldorf -- the actress' name esecapes me at the moment, but y'all know who I'm talking about.  If she was a darker brunette the resemblance would be even more striking. 

• Love 1

Every time I see Breelan I think she looks like a poor man's Blair Waldorf -- the actress' name esecapes me at the moment, but y'all know who I'm talking about. If she was a darker brunette the resemblance would be even more striking.

Leighton Meester!

I totally think this too. Breelan is pretty and in great shape but I cab definitely see her having difficulty as a DCC as time goes on because she has a round face and sort of a larger bone structure than a lot of the others.

I'm surprised no one in the organization has tried to call her "chunky" or "thick" for her natural appearance yet...on camera.

Don't know where this goes, but it applies to this segment of MTT. Hannah may have had warnings, but I was rewatching Season 8, and when Kitty was calling the vets out for weight, she called Veronica's name.

Interesting - so there goes the theory that Hannah had problems last year and Veronica's problem is new, Veronica's problem was actually there before Hannah's. Now I'm going with the theory that Hannah wasn't given as much slack because she was just another blonde, and they have so many of her type that she's just more replaceable.

• Love 2

So I was bored and watched the deleted scenes on CMT again. In the video of Vivian's fitting, I felt a little uncomfortable because last year Kelli said there was no healthy reason for her to lose weight and focused more on the height of the boots.

But this year the explanation is that "she just wasn't lean enough" last year but is this year. It's unsettling to me that they know her natural size but are thrilled to death about her being well below her maintainable/comfortable weight.

Vivian looked fine in the practice uniforms and at tryouts but in the uniform she looked way *too small* for her frame. I'm guessing she had to struggle to take off those final arbitrary 8lbs and then some, and keep them off.

I guess I used to just watch this show knowing that they have standards to meet and have to enforce them somehow, but I've felt so disturbed by the weight discussions this season because it's venturing into the skeevy territory of the exposé shows from the 90s about runway models.

If Kelli thinks she looks better in the uniform this year then she must get cut for her dancing.

So I was bored and watched the deleted scenes on CMT again. In the video of Vivian's fitting, I felt a little uncomfortable because last year Kelli said there was no healthy reason for her to lose weight and focused more on the height of the boots.

But this year the explanation is that "she just wasn't lean enough" last year but is this year. It's unsettling to me that they know her natural size but are thrilled to death about her being well below her maintainable/comfortable weight.

Vivian looked fine in the practice uniforms and at tryouts but in the uniform she looked way *too small* for her frame. I'm guessing she had to struggle to take off those final arbitrary 8lbs and then some, and keep them off.

I guess I used to just watch this show knowing that they have standards to meet and have to enforce them somehow, but I've felt so disturbed by the weight discussions this season because it's venturing into the skeevy territory of the exposé shows from the 90s about runway models.

Either it's ok to be out of shape and stand out in an inappropriate way, or it's not. But it shouldn't be ok for one girl and not for another.  I just feel like they kind of pulled the rug out from under Hannah; they brought her back, then basically cut her for weight gain that happened over the course of last season, without giving her the opportunity THIS season to lose it.  I agree Hannah seemed to have kind of a smirk on her face/attitude, but honestly, I would, too. The fact that she's being cut for this and told they are "out of time" (while they are bending over backwards to help Veronica lose weight and enroll her in a special diet program so she can stay on the team) is laughable. I'm surprised more of these cut vets and TCCs don't call them out for their blatant favoritism of certain girls (Cassie Trammell, Morgan, now Veronica) who seem to have endless "get out of jail free" cards when it comes to problems that others are cut for.

Veronica was definitely given more leeway than Hannah, but I can actually see why in this instance. Why would they offer Hannah "My Fit Foods" if she's not even trying all that hard to lose weight as it is? Veronica isn't the one who walked in to the office and said that working out has not been a priority for her and that she's hasn't been living a lifestyle conducive to losing and keeping off weight. Hannah did that, and this is after she had weight problems throughout her first year. It would be a strange thing to say for someone being called in for weight the first, but it's an incredibly stupid thing to say for someone who had several weight warnings already. Even if it was true, don't say it! Maybe she just didn't realize how it came off, but If I got called into my boss's office after having continuous problems with my work product in the past and proceeded to say, "I just need to change my lifestyle and make work a priority," I would probably be out of a job too.

I do get that the rules need to be the same for everyone, but there's probably not a workplace, team, etc, around where seniority, attitude, favoritism, nepotism, etc is not a factor. Hannah either can't read a room, or she had to know that Kelli had little patience for her. It was written all over Kelli's face. So, since Kelli is the boss, Hannah either needed to be on her game or say "screw you, I'm over this", but you can't really do the latter and expect to stay on the team.

With that said, there may certainly have been other reasons for the different treatment that Hannah, but she gave them every reason to cut her, even down to those awful double pirouettes. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3

I'm finally caught up in episodes, and I'm unspoiled.

The veterans who were called in: it seemed like a montage with a split second for each vet. I could have sworn I saw Danielle sitting in the chair during that.

Ugh with Megan's cut! I totally agree that they just need to have a height minimum if they're going to be so hung up on stubbiness in those ridiculous boots. Same thing when Vivian was cut last year. Although Megan didn't even get to try the boots on at all - who knows, it could have helped her. If Megan has a "thutt", that's probably a good thing, that her butt doesn't hang out of her shorts.

It really is idiotic. Hey Kelli, why don't you make all the boots shorter. Everyone's legs will look longer then! Ugh!!

• Love 1

Looking at the CMT's DCC Making The Team Episode Guide, and Vivian was told by Kelli to do the jump splits or leave Training Camp in the September 12 episode.

She didn't have a problem with doing it last year, did she? Where did you find that info on cmt? I just was there and couldn't find it.

Edited by MrsEVH

Cmt.com main page, go to the top of the home page, click on tv and the list of current tv shows should pop up, click on Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team 9. On the DCC home page, there should be a Next Airing and Full Tv Schedule, click on Full Tv Schedule. The one episode is 9/12 (cameo photo episode.)

I noticed Vivian was not doing the jump split when they went out on the field and she was not with the other TC candidates when they did the kick line and jump split the first time together.

Btw, since this has not been shown on the show yet, please use spoiler tags when talking about this.

That could be the reason she gets cut. It's weird because she did them last year. Glad she's back on the Ice Angels; maybe that's the team she really belongs on. Don't think she is cut out to be on the DCCs or the Mavs.

• Love 1

Regular lurker here, just can't stop myself from chiming in!

Is it just me, or does it seem to be the pattern (ever since Kaitlin LeGrand's dramatic cut as a veteran during training camp) that a veteran is let go during training camp every season?  

2011 season- Kaitlin LeGrand cut for acceptable reasons- not knowing dances, unexcused absence from rehearsal, etc. Her cut from training camp generates such a firestorm that the producers say to one another, "We need to make this a regular thing to boost the ratings!"

2012 season- Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but was Amy Reese cut this season?  My understanding is her cut wasn't shown on the show because she filed a lawsuit...

2013 season- Chelsea is cut and the excuses they gave are complete BS in my opinion. It isn't like she mouthed off to her superiors. She expressed her concern at the requirement that all veterans maintain their audition weight (which, if you audition young, you're going to find that weight all but impossible to maintain as you get older!)

2014 season- And now it's poor Hannah on the chopping block.  I don't get it.  Why invite her in to training camp if you aren't going to give her a chance to get the weight off?  Yeah, she shouldn't have shown up to auditions looking the way she did, but the judges decided she had a good enough season to warrant an invite back into training camp with the understanding she would be put on weight probation until she got the weight off.  Which I think is fair.  And yet she gets cut anyway.  My guess is the producers had to settle for Hannah (she was on show group last year- the drama!) and cut her early because if she actually had the opportunity to lose the weight, she might have succeeded and then who would they axe?

• Love 1

My goodness - interesting stuff and what a fascinating point on Hannah ClosetBachJunkie - they had to cut her for show drama before she actually succeeded in losing the weight! ITA that cutting a vet is so much more dramatic than a rookie. And as we know TC used to be smaller in the pre show days and cuts much rarer. The vet cuts meant a lot with Chelsea and Hannah because we were familiar with both women thanks to the coverage they got as rookie TCCs

Interesting that Judy said after Hannah's cut, 'we should just cut maybe vets at auditions', when it does seem, as you say ClosetBachLover, that that will not be possible in future as the show is moving toward showing at least one vet being cut in dramatic circumstances.

Sorry, ClosetBachJunkie not ClosetBachLover - apologies!

I did think that maybe they wanna cut vets in TC for drama , but was the Hannah cut dramatic ?! not really ! the Megan cut was way more dramatic than Hannah ! If that was their goal then they fail.

Edited by mmm

last weeks episode was about a month after finals, so Hannah had a month to lose weight. I believe she must have been told her weight was too high after finals, I doubt they wouldn't weigh the girls before training camp. It is possible that Veronica did lose some weight during that month and Hannah didn't. And we don't know ho serious her weight warnings were last season. It could just have been the final straw for Kelli and Judy if she didn't lose any weight in that month and they saw it as disrespectful and not caring enough about the job. It's really hard to tell without having the inside scoop on what goes on after MTT has aired. Maybe Veronica had weight issues in the past, but always worked them out, so they have more faith in her and maybe Hannah just never took the warnings seriously. They took injured vets back to training camp, because they knew what value they had on the team and what they were capable of and I expect they give they give the girls the same deal when it concerns weight. If Hannah struggled last season she won't have earned any trust yet.
That being said I still think her weight was something she could have changed in a couple of weeks with the right exercise and nutrition. But I can understand it if they're tired of telling her the same thing over and over again without any results.

I think cutting a vet during training camp is always "dramatic", as you always expect them to make the squad if they get cut at finals.

I did notice Vivian never fully doing the splits, but as she never really had a problem with them before I just thought she was preserving her energy or whatever. I wonder what happened there, it's kind of weird that that would be the reason she gets cut...And she knows not being really tall that her kicks and splits have to be great.

• Love 1

Maybe Vivian has an injury?

I don' think the Hannah cut was particularly dramatic but I guess it has given us a lot of good stuff to talk about here! Chelsea and Kaitlin's cuts were more dramatic, IMO.  I think Kelli and Judy wished they cut Chelsea and Hannah during finals.  Not sure about Kaitlin. 

Ahh I loved Meagan! I've seriously never felt so upset by someone getting cut!  She looked perfect in the uniform, what the heck is Kelli thinking?  And her personality was so great!  and her hair was so fresh and healthy looking, not nappy and tired looking like some of these ladies.  I think being cut for her "build" is BS, all she needed was to lose a few pounds.  

Except Kelli specifically told Meagan she does not need to lose any weight, it's her build that's a problem, and she even went on to acknowledge that there is nothing Meagan can do about it.  That was what prompted Meagan's "this is the body God gave me" comment. They all knew what she looked like at auditions. If someone doesn't meet the body type/height criteria, which is instantly visible, why let her move past auditions?

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Thanks for the clarification Oranaiche.  I guess no one was cut during season 7 because all the vets remembered Kaitlin LeGrand's cut the previous season and were all on their best behavior!

The reality is, when you're as tiny as these girls are, the weight isn't going to come off easily or quickly, and Kelli and Judy should know that.  We've watched rookie candidates struggle in previous seasons to get extra weight off and only one (Brooke Sorenson) was successful.  It would take an entire summer of intense dieting (starving?) and workouts to get the ten or so excess pounds off. Giving Hannah a month to work on her weight wasn't giving her a fair shake at things and was, in my opinion, just keeping her around long enough to make her cut that much more dramatic.

I see a lot of people stating that a month wasn't long enough to get the weight off, but did Hannah even TRY to do so?  We know she had multiple weight warnings last year and, on this squad, even ONE weight warning should be one too many.  Going by what I saw on the show, Hannah didn't seem to really care about the weight, the bad dancing or the attitude.  If you're a vet and you actually CARE about the squad, you get your butt in gear and actually DO something about it.  There are some things you can't do anything about like build, there are some things you can do only so much about like memory issues, but weight, for the most part, is something you CAN do something about and Hannah wasn't doing it.

I think Hannah just didn't care anymore or was just too tired to care.  She had multple weight warnings last year.  I would suspect that Kelly and Judy were hoping that Hannah was just overdoing it with everything else and would get with the program, but, when she didn't, she got cut.  There might have been other things going on, but I think the weight was, ahem, the biggest problem or, at least, the one that tipped the boat over.  

I still don't see how Hannah was heavy - she just looked "untoned" around her waist to me, but her arms and legs were like sticks. Now Veronica and Paige, and Megan, I see where they were heavy. I also disagree that Megan couldn't change her stocky look by losing weight - I think she could, just no time.

Interesting observation about maybe they bring in vets they know they want to cut, only for the purpose of cutting them on the show - and they had to hurry up and cut Hannah before she actually lost the weight and ruined it all. That's just awful to do to somebody. I'd hope Judy and Kelly wouldn't do something like that - I know they can be mean and picky about weight and appearance, but using someone like that is just a different level of nasty IMO.

• Love 1

I agree that is truly nasty and I hope that it isn't in fact the case, but it isn't hard to see the pattern.  In the early years of the show vets were considered "safe" once they got into training camp, then it was Judy and Kelli threatening vets without actually cutting them ("Everyone is eligible for being cut this year"), and now we're down to axing veterans in training camp.  It really does seem to me like they're trying to amp up the level of drama on the show.

I think Hannah just didn't care anymore or was just too tired to care.  She had multple weight warnings last year.  I would suspect that Kelly and Judy were hoping that Hannah was just overdoing it with everything else and would get with the program, but, when she didn't, she got cut.  There might have been other things going on, but I think the weight was, ahem, the biggest problem or, at least, the one that tipped the boat over.  

That's exactly what I think. I'm not saying she should have lost 10 pounds in that month, that takes time, but she needed to show improvement or at least determination to do whatever it takes. We're never going to find out exactly what happened, but I understand that Kelli and Judy lose their patience with people they have to tell over and over again to watch their weight.