Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E20: Our Last Rodeo

• Start Topic

After eight weeks of being married to a stranger, the time has finally come for the couples to decide if they want to stay married or get a divorce; when unsaid things are finally said, it forces partners to reconsider their decisions.

Airs Wednesday, May 17 at 8:00PM EDT.

Lifetime's schedule for today is coming up blank, I guess even THEY gave up on the season!! If there are any aftershows, please discuss those here as well.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

If you look at the thread under the last episode, there is a complete schedule of how long Lifetime is going to drag this out. Decision Day will be 2 hours tonight and another 2 hours next week. Then a bunch of other shows and then a 2-part Reunion show. This takes us through June to be done with this horrible season.image.png.eb330b4a079739dba0f3d4ea136a4851.png

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 10
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

They’re milking this horrible season for all it’s worth, huh?

Guesses for decision day. 
chris and the girl who never fucking shuts up: staying together 

Clint and Gina:splitsville. She’s a bitch. 

Arris and what’s her name: donezo

Kirsten and Shaq: staying together. 

• Like 8

They are really dragging this boring season out! I haven’t been watching for awhile but I’m taping and will watch later so see who stays together or gets divorced. Then again, I might not because I don’t care that much. 
I wonder how the ratings are for this show? Maybe it’s time to cancel this series? 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

They are really dragging this boring season out! I haven’t been watching for awhile but I’m taping and will watch later so see who stays together or gets divorced. Then again, I might not because I don’t care that much. 
I wonder how the ratings are for this show? Maybe it’s time to cancel this series? 

I’d actually contend that the series is a good idea. They just picked the most mind numbingly boring cast ever for this season.  

• Like 12
(edited)

I am only interested to see what happens with Kirsten and Shaq. I am sure it will be no from both, but, again, I would love for Kirsten to say no either first, or after Shaq says yes. I don't think he will, but he REALLY seemed to like her family.

As usual, it won't be on here for more than 2 hours, but if they are already through with some of the couples, what the heck will next week's show be?

Keep those comments coming, please!

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I won't even watch Nicole/Chris because they'll say Yes.  

Nicole is gonna spend the next 45 minutes explaining the difference in yes and no, what love is, her expertise on marriage, and probably something about dogs. Then she will say yes. Gotta do her monologue first. 

• LOL 12
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Nicole and Chris are a yes. Poor Chris. 

I think we all knew that was coming. I am hopeful that by the reunion, he will have managed to escape. He won't do that to her on camera, but I think he will leave at some point. I just hope they don't rush into babies. Or even living together!!!!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

So, as usual, what the hell was Nicole babbling about on the bed?  She always makes a mountain out of a molehill.  Just say Good Night and STFU.

She will always have the last word. comment. opinion...... even when none is required.

• Like 2

No surprise Clint and Gina say no. The ‘experts’ screwed up with this couple, he wanted an outdoorsy person and Gina from the get go was not. Plus she was never attracted to him, among other things. 

• Like 7

3/3

Its not that I’m good at guessing on these shows (I’m currently 0/3 on farmer wants a wife). They just made such horrible casting decisions this season that this round was obvious. 

• Like 7
(edited)

Maybe Clint can find a way to get custody of Hank... Clint  and Hank were a better match than Clint and Gina.

Edited by EXEAL
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Kirsten says yes? What is the matter with her? Shaq will say no and embarrass her. He's given her enough clues/hints that he was not happy with her.

Thanks, everyone. You have given me enough info to know that I will wait until next week and skip tonight.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, MOMMY41 said:

Why are these girls dressed up like they are going to the final rose ceremony on the Bachelor?

I guess they kind of are ha ha 👗

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
26 minutes ago, EXEAL said:

Maybe Clint can find a way to get custody of Hank... Clint  and Hank were a better match than Clint and Gina.

That preview certainly makes this seem possible. Good for Hank. Clint seems like a way more fun dog parent. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe they are using this as an audition tape for that show?

Are they leaving Shaq and Kirsten until next week????

Yes, they left us hanging.  Not right.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

I wish they would have them write their decision on a card, because I am convinced that Airis and Gina would have said "Yes".  I am so proud of Jasmine.  She has grown - a lot.  

The fact that Shaq said he was "at peace" with his decision, leads me to believe that he is going to say "No".  

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

No surprise Clint and Gina say no. The ‘experts’ screwed up with this couple, he wanted an outdoorsy person and Gina from the get go was not. Plus she was never attracted to him, among other things. 

The amazing hairdresser wouldn't even cut his hair, she will always be 'Auntie' to me lol. He deserves someone more fun and loving.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I wish they would have them write their decision on a card, because I am convinced that Airis and Gina would have said "Yes".  I am so proud of Jasmine.  She has grown - a lot.  

The fact that Shaq said he was "at peace" with his decision, leads me to believe that he is going to say "No".  

I think he's gonna say no too. I feel like if he was gonna say yes they wouldn't have dragged this out for two whole episodes.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I really liked Shaq — at first. But he quickly became a whiny baby focused on his needs and wants first, last & always. Plus what was that ish about Kirsten’s “strong personality” making it hard for him to be the LEADER of the home?! His marital expectations are antiquated & selfish and his neediness is a black hole. He needs a mama, not a wife. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1

Shaquille and Kirsten:

I hope Shaquille says "No".

Throughout the season he's said he needs more support from Kirsten, without saying what that support looks like to him.

This is what I believe is the problem:

Kirsten doesn't seem to be aware of how much more difficult it is for Black men to become doctoral candidates. They have to jump through many more hoops than White men or women.

It's just as difficult even if they're getting their doctorate at an HBC - perhaps more difficult - because at an HBC they're competing against other Black men and women for relatively fewer slots.

Kirsten hasn't said or showed that she appreciates Shaq's intelligence, or his struggles as a PhD candidate. Her primary considerations seem to be focused upon whether Shaq will be able to buy her a house, new cars, etc. Kirsten doesn't understand supporting Shaq requires her to attend events relating to his doctoral candidacy, and demonstrating her pride in him for working towards his PhD when at these events. No one at those events will be impressed if she mentions Shaq is going to buy her a house. 

Instead, when meeting people at these events, she could say how proud she is in him for making the program his #1 priority, even though that means he's not able to spend as much time with her as he'd like. 

I wasn't able to find out Shaq's field of study, but if it's something that will enable him to help other POC, that's something else Kirsten could work into her conversations with others, too.

I honestly believe that's the kind of support Shaq needs and deserves from a wife. But I don't think Kirsten can provide that convincingly, if she isn't genuinely proud of his intelligence and the amount of time and work he's putting into attaining his doctorate. 

That's why I hope Shaq says "No". 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:
2 hours ago, EXEAL said:

That preview certainly makes this seem possible. Good for Hank. Clint seems like a way more fun dog parent. 

Yeah, the preview was interesting. Also the fact that Clint offered Gina $10k for Hank! I’m guessing Gina used & abused Clint for dog sitting services, always being unable to find time to pick Hank up, to the point where Clint said “he’s my dog now” (a lawyer was telling Gina that possession is 9/10ths of the law - thus, my theory). That, or maybe Gina neglected Hank, crating/leaving him alone for long periods with no attention or exercise (wouldn’t be shocking) and Clint rescued him. Either way, he seems the more fit ‘parent’ by a country mile in this scenario based on personality and character traits alone.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I just can’t take it!  Poor Jasmine.  She stood till the end hoping Airris would come out of his shell.  Why did the experts pick him?  For shits and giggles?  Anyone could see he was troubled, yet they picked him and wasted her hopes and time.  Two months of nothing for her.  What a shame.  Show should pay her triple.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, endure said:

She will always have the last word. comment. opinion...... even when none is required.

Does Chris have a Mother?  If not, he has one now.  Nicole will Mother him to death.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Shaquille and Kirsten:

I hope Shaquille says "No".

Throughout the season he's said he needs more support from Kirsten, without saying what that support looks like to him.

This is what I believe is the problem:

Kirsten doesn't seem to be aware of how much more difficult it is for Black men to become doctoral candidates. They have to jump through many more hoops than White men or women.

It's just as difficult even if they're getting their doctorate at an HBC - perhaps more difficult - because at an HBC they're competing against other Black men and women for relatively fewer slots.

Kirsten hasn't said or showed that she appreciates Shaq's intelligence, or his struggles as a PhD candidate. Her primary considerations seem to be focused upon whether Shaq will be able to buy her a house, new cars, etc. Kirsten doesn't understand supporting Shaq requires her to attend events relating to his doctoral candidacy, and demonstrating her pride in him for working towards his PhD when at these events. No one at those events will be impressed if she mentions Shaq is going to buy her a house. 

Instead, when meeting people at these events, she could say how proud she is in him for making the program his #1 priority, even though that means he's not able to spend as much time with her as he'd like. 

I wasn't able to find out Shaq's field of study, but if it's something that will enable him to help other POC, that's something else Kirsten could work into her conversations with others, too.

I honestly believe that's the kind of support Shaq needs and deserves from a wife. But I don't think Kirsten can provide that convincingly, if she isn't genuinely proud of his intelligence and the amount of time and work he's putting into attaining his doctorate. 

That's why I hope Shaq says "No". 

It's  not that I disagree, for Lord knows my husband needed both my support and a year's Sabbatical/pay cut to complete  his MA in Literature!

BUT---It's on Shaq for not realizing that maybe this wasn't the appropriate time for him to go on this show! 

In my example we were already married for five years and in the same profession. We had had some of the same professors.  "Understanding" came with the territory.  

However, immediately being relegated to Priority #2 is NOT what Kirsten signed up for! "Understanding" her "place" was NOT the premise of her time on this show! All the emotional and other "support," never mind her being supposed to grasp all the racial and  social nuances of her new husband's goal, being a one-way street only from Kirsten towards Shaq was NOT a role that she could have been expected to play in order to get along with this stranger who had agreed to marry her in the midst of his studies!

I hope Shaq wants a divorce because Kirsten doesn't need his arrogant air of superiority. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Airris is too hung up on himself to be able to love someone else.  Goodness, his speech was strange and cringy and he's still trying to comment on how he thought Jasmine needed his guidance to grow - she should be glad to be out of that mess.

Who dressed Gina - that gown did her no favors.  Yeah, girl, we all know you have a large bosom, but show us some personality.  

And Shaq?  what was that get-up supposed to be?  was that a statement that this process was a joke?  I think we're supposed to think his comments and facial expressions are indicating he's going to say no, but maybe he's playing with us and he's going to say yes.  Not that I care. 

• Like 9

Clint and Gina: Ginger and Fat. Okay, those aren't PC terms, and Clint did try to politely express that bottom line (NPI), but from the very git-go they told each other and us why they wouldn't  make it. They proved it with their mutual "Friend Zone" attitudes and behaviors. I found it amusing when Gina stated that Clint's changing and maturing was something she got from the show, as opposed to anything about herself! 

Chris and Nicole: Like Mikey with his cereal, Chris likes it! Some men just go for a take-charge type of dame! He knows Nicole's energy, temper, and boldness will be deployed in support of him, that she proverbially has his back. 

Does Nicole talk too much for Chris? Maybe she sounds like a fabulous songbird to him! I'm rooting for these crazy kids!

Airiss and Jasmine: He wasn't attracted to her, ever. And that ultimately was the name of that tune. As with Clint and Gina, there is no point to further discussion. 

• Like 8
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

So, as usual, what the hell was Nicole babbling about on the bed?  She always makes a mountain out of a molehill.  Just say Good Night and STFU.

I feel like every conversation is a teaching moment with Nicole.  Even the last part where they said yes,then talked to the camera and Chris said something like I want you to be my wife and she had to correct him and say, I am your wife. 

I really was hoping he'd say no.  She is way too much.  This won't last and he'll be sorry he said yes. 

Agreed.  STFU. 

10 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Who dressed Shaq? I have some funky shirts and jackets….but that looks like a play mat in a preschool class 

I can't.

Dead.

• Like 9