Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Not Feeling It Yet

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

After months of processing her relationship with Phillip, Nell tells Sam she's ready to move on; Sam tries to recapture her spark with her husband; Lexi helps Dennis search for the perfect egg donor.

Original airdate 4/26/23

I can definitely see Nell with James. Great romantic/sexual chemistry. But until she's ready, and even though he's already gone, he is a journalist so maybe there is potential for him to come back.

Just not Edward. Please. 

I love that Dennis got some camera time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

That gut punch when you see your ex unexpectedly... it really is an indication of how over it you are... or are not.

I hope Edward's strategy of going for exactly what he wants and screening out anyone who doesn't exactly fit the picture works out for him. I am sympathetic to the attitude, but also somewhat skeptical that it will work.

The dog obit was an interesting angle. I am glad thy didn't make it a talking dog or something like that. But it was a little disappointing that his entire story was helping Nell, and nothing about the dog's own life or issues.

James was too much for me. It's one thing to ask her on a 2nd date, or even to send flowers. I'm also totally fine with someone looking for something serious and not just a fling. But I thought his speech about how connected he felt after one closet encounter and one date was too much, and it made me nervous that he's actually kind of unbalanced and would be trouble if she'd taken him up on thee offer to continue seeing each other.

• Like 4

I sure do hope this series will get renewed because this episode was AMAZING! I really liked the moment when Nell realized she didn't feel anything in a long time, this show is so good with giving us these emotional moments. I loved the soundtrack in the end scene when she saw Philip. It was nice to see a scenario where Nell was getting along with her ghost so well, and even the Dennis B-storyline was good!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Awwww I loved the dog and what a good wingman he was. I definitely liked her with James but am happy that she didn’t force it.

Is this the first time we met Sam’s husband? I really liked him.

• Like 1
On 4/27/2023 at 11:05 AM, Roaster said:

Maybe this is heresy, but I suspect this show would be better if Gina Rodriguez and Hannah Simone traded roles.

Nah, I can totally see that. Gina Rodriguez is great, but I think Hannah Simone would have even more amazing facial expressions.

I hope that Nell and James meet up again at another point and they work out - they clicked and had chemistry. For those wondering where they saw James, he was on Crazy Ex Girlfriend as Nathaniel Plimpton III, Chasing Life as Leo Hendrie, and Greek as Captain John Paul "Cappie" Jones.

• Like 3

That beautiful dog was kinda wasted on this episode. Didn’t even give him a storyline. He should have seen a previous rescue or…something. I’m starting to like most of the show but I’m just not a fan of Gina Rodriguez. Was she post pregnancy in this? 

• Like 2

Pregnant or not, Gina Rodriguez is my least favorite character and part of the show.  I just don't like her that much and her facial expressions annoy me.  I agree that the beautiful dog should have had more of a canine storyline rather than be wingdog for Nell.  I also agree that the other actress Hannah Simone could be the lead.  She's more likeable, seems to be as talented, and I would care more who she dates.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Pregnant or not, Gina Rodriguez is my least favorite character and part of the show.  I just don't like her that much and her facial expressions annoy me.  I agree that the beautiful dog should have had more of a canine storyline rather than be wingdog for Nell.  I also agree that the other actress Hannah Simone could be the lead.  She's more likeable, seems to be as talented, and I would care more who she dates.

Yes. There’s something about the actress that really turns me off. Even though I watched the whole Jane the Virgin series, It should have had a different actresses in the lead . Because she was certainly not believable as someone who had all these gorgeous men falling all over her .,And she’s not very likable a lot of the time in the show.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/26/2023 at 11:35 PM, funnygirl said:

Just not Edward. Please. 

I'm not really concerned that they will pair up Nell and Edward but I do wonder if they will pair Edward and Cricket.  I know there is an age difference but I just get something from their scenes that makes me wonder.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I'm not really concerned that they will pair up Nell and Edward but I do wonder if they will pair Edward and Cricket.  I know there is an age difference but I just get something from their scenes that makes me wonder.  

Okay, Cricket and Edward together would be a fun pairing.

21 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Adhir Kalyan; Al from United States of Al.

I'm not familiar with the show you mentioned. I remember him as Timmy from Rules of Engagement, he played David Spade's assistant. It was driving me CRAZY, until I checked IMDB. He was really fun in the episode. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 5/4/2023 at 6:06 AM, msani19 said:

I'm not familiar with the show you mentioned. I remember him as Timmy from Rules of Engagement, he played David Spade's assistant. It was driving me CRAZY, until I checked IMDB. He was really fun in the episode. 

Is that who it was? I didn't recognise him.