Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Nadiya Anderson

Tommn1
  • Start Topic

Crossfit Coach, Project Coordinator Bridge2Peace

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Natalie’s twin sister (Twinnie!)

Being separated from Natalie while playing the game is going to push us to our limits! I can’t wait!

Official CBS Bio

I hope they stay separated the entire time.

I looked at those names, and wondered why they sounded familiar, until I saw the picture on their bio page and recognized them from TAR. Oh, man, this should be something. Give the other survivors earplugs!

• Love 1

I didn't like the first "Blood vs. Water" and the "Twinnies" was unbearably annoying on TAR.  I am NOT optimistic about this season of Survivor.

The "Twinnies" are both Crossfit instructors?  Given the shape they are in, I'm guessing Crossfit is NOT hoping for plugs on the show. 

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 3

Then again both "twinnies" were mostly strong physically and mentally during their first Amazing Race and can be strategic when they're not melting out over nothing, as they did in their last appearance on TAR, so who knows? As long as they show restraint wrt shouting encouragement at each other, they/one of them could be gold in this. 

Just realized something.  If there's a 3-person finale, everyone else will want the twins sitting beside them at the FTC, because it's a pretty sure bet that NO ONE will vote for either one of the twins, so the third person is a shoo-in to win.

• Love 2

Just realized something.  If there's a 3-person finale, everyone else will want the twins sitting beside them at the FTC, because it's a pretty sure bet that NO ONE will vote for either one of the twins, so the third person is a shoo-in to win.

There is nobody on this earth... well maybe with the exception of Luke from TAR, that could possibly stand to carry them alllllll the way to the final. Some things just ain't worth the eventual payoff.

• Love 7

OMG . . . an inside joke . . . and I actually GOT IT!!!  (Rare for me.  I'm so short that most stuff just goes right over my head.)

Ha ha ha ha!  I never remember contestants either and miss a lot when jokes and comparisons are made.  But I got this one too!!!   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

And then at 4 there is a medevac and it's on to an F2. Guess who the F2 are?

Oh, Nadiya. I don't think considering a gay man to be "one of the girls" is homophobic, but it wasn't smart to say out loud. Here's hoping Natalie can make up the difference, because I don't detest the Twinnies.

BTW, which Twinnie has the nose piercing? I know it'll be easier to tell Nadiya and Natalie apart now, but I'd like to know in case I run into them again.

• Love 2

I read an interview with her on Survivor Reality TV and wow she is awful. Seriously awful. Her attitude sucks and she is condescending. So full of herself, satting that Dale is just jealous because he wanted to go on the Amazing Race but wasn't cast for it.

Sheesh...

we totally used Dale for the only thing he was good at. He already made us fire. We don’t need him for anything else. I told everyone, “Anything Dale could do, I could do better. Don’t worry about it.” I figured he already gave us everything he could for our tribe, so let’s just get rid of him already. He was useless. He did the puzzle, and it’s like, he’s an old guy. You can’t do the puzzle? Get out of here! What are you good for, you know?

• Love 1

Sheesh...

we totally used Dale for the only thing he was good at. He already made us fire. We don’t need him for anything else. I told everyone, “Anything Dale could do, I could do better. Don’t worry about it.” I figured he already gave us everything he could for our tribe, so let’s just get rid of him already. He was useless. He did the puzzle, and it’s like, he’s an old guy. You can’t do the puzzle? Get out of here! What are you good for, you know?

A lot more than you, apparently.... ;>

• Love 1

Oh god, she's the worst. She can't talk about her tribe without calling them useless, incompetent, stupid, idiots, or fools. And then being the genius that she is, she says,

I had no idea I was rubbing Josh the wrong way, otherwise I wouldn’t have kept doing it! Me and Josh, that was my bestie at camp, for what it’s worth, during those three stupid days I was out there. He approached me first. “I got your back, girl.” And I was like, “I got your back too, boo.” He just became the person I was talking to the most about strategy. For me, when I say he was one of the girls, it’s that he was one of the minorities out there. He wasn’t a person of color, he wasn’t straight, and he wasn’t a boy.

"When I said he was a girl, I didn't mean anything bad by it. I just meant that he wasn't a boy!"

In the Parade article she mentions how she was the strongest and most fit female on the tribe and she thought that would keep her there.  Were we shown any evidence of that?

Although I was so happy that she was voted off first, I'm even more excited about it after reading her interview.  

• Love 1

Wow. There are just so many facepalm moments in that interview I'm going to rub my eyebrows off.

She's just so bitter I almost* hope they recast her so she can take outright the Worst Reality Show performer title from Francesca.

• Love 1

Anything Dale could do, I could do better. Don’t worry about it.”

Yet she couldn't build fire. 

She has an awful personality, just attacking people left and right in that interview. CBS better be done with these 2. 

• Love 1

I feel that Nadiya got screwed, at least in terms of attention. The only time we really saw her at the Reunion was going in for the hug with her folks when Natalie won, and having to wait in line after the Reunion wrapped up. I don't think Nadiya was the "bad Twinnie" . . . she just said/did a few things that made her a target on Day 3, and she probably would've outlasted John if the tribe knew who he was right away. I figure that if Natalie excelled in the game without her twin, then maybe Nadiya picked up a few skills while chilling at the Ponderosa. Like origami.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nadiya was invited back. After Francesca, all bets are off. I don't think she'd go out that early again, and I bet she could give Natalie a run for her money. I apologize if I sound obsessed . . . I'm still butthurt by the lack of Parent Trap antics the Twinnies could've pulled off had Nadiya made it to the merge.

I feel ya, Lantern7, although I doubt strongly another invite to Survivor. Although, another TAR experience isn't out of the question.

For a first boot, she really didn't get much of a look at all at the Reunion show, never mind that she's the sister of the champion. They really could have dumped the "ask random audience members how much they love Survivor" spiel to ask Nadiya her thoughts on things.

• Love 1