Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The late brother's  (Alex Cox aka the fall guy) cell phone pinged off of cell towers near the property in the days before, and after the murders of the children.    I'm sure the two murderers will blame everything on him, since he's dead.     If the police found out any other way, I haven't read about it. 

https://people.com/crime/lori-vallow-late-brother-pings-cell-phone-led-police-kids-remains/

Apparently it took a long time to get the cell phone pings, and then get a warrant to search Daybell's property, and find the remains of those poor murdered children. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I'm confused. The children disappeared nine months ago. Are the police able to go back and look at where a cell phone pinged nine months ago? Or did they know this nine months ago and didn't get around to searching until now?

Watching the Dateline "update" reminded me how hard it is to follow the thread of who's who in this family. JJ was not actually Lori Vallow's biological son, was he? He was the son of one of her previous husband's siblings, a brother I believe. And we have never once heard from that brother, who is actually JJ's biological father. Which is weird. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm confused. The children disappeared nine months ago. Are the police able to go back and look at where a cell phone pinged nine months ago? Or did they know this nine months ago and didn't get around to searching until now?

Watching the Dateline "update" reminded me how hard it is to follow the thread of who's who in this family. JJ was not actually Lori Vallow's biological son, was he? He was the son of one of her previous husband's siblings, a brother I believe. And we have never once heard from that brother, who is actually JJ's biological father. Which is weird. 

I think that JJ's biological parents were both drug addicts who handed the child over to the grandparents, who felt that they couldn't really look after JJ.   The bio-parents pretty much walked away from the child, and the grandparents (I think the grandmother was Lori Vallow's murdered husband's sister) thought they had found the child a good home.  

• Love 5

Well, with Lori he certainly got more than he bargained for, but at the same time, someone way more like him than he realized. The two of them together made a terrifying and lethal combo. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I forgot to add, Melanie's friend David looked just like Michael Palin. 

I can't believe she had the nerve to say she was "betrayed" by Lori. Let's see, the kids are dead, the husband and wife are dead and the brother is dead but, oh yeah, you're the injured party here. Granted, Keith was baiting her to say that but it irritates me the way she was glad-handled just so they could get an interview out of her.

There really wasn't anything new to be gleaned from this update. I wanted to hear how they cops were tipped off to the location of the graves but they're still not talking. 

I read an article that said it was from the uncle's cell phone records and the texts about the pet cemetery. 

• Love 3

So when the world doesn't end, what do all of these people do? Do they insist they were right? Predict another end of days? Lament that we are all zombies?

Are we now part of the chosen and full of lightness since we're still here? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I wonder if the two had an opportunity now to get a visit in would they try to kill each other.  You know .... since they can’t get divorced. 

I wonder if it has sunk in yet what they actually have done.  Lori — probably not since she’s had years of experience.  

I wonder if the two have changed their minds — end of times or not — bet they’d both would love to live in a tent. 

I find it amazing that with all the authorities involved, the guards or fellow inmates, the family members and the two culprits themselves that there isn’t more information being leaked to the press.   

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Ellee said:

Wow.  That article is a fascinating peek into how people can be led to believe so much crappola from one ugly man.  They become interested in "end times." Chad writes a few self-published books about it, I guess where certain good people recognize the signs and are later able to say, "I knew it!" to the rest of us, plus they'll have a really impressive stock of canned goods and we wont.

Then all these book fans come to his readings.  He plans home visits where he tells them all about their past lives.  Like most believers in re-incarnation, half used to be Joan of Arc and the other half Napoleon.  No one was every a peasant farmer like 95% of the world's population at the time. 

Next comes special, "energy healing" sessions.  That's what I'm going to call my naps from now on. And finally, like catty high school girls, you get to sit down with Chad and rank all your friends and family on whether they have light or dark spirits.

There's a desire to feel superior in all this that makes me understand why we, here, saw something unlikable in all those cult members  Keith interviewed.

I just hope this woman's testimony about how Chad grooms women isn't going to set Lori up with a defense, because according to my own gifts of discernment, Lori has the darkest spirit of the two.  Those were her own children!

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I just hope this woman's testimony about how Chad grooms women isn't going to set Lori up with a defense, because according to my own gifts of discernment, Lori has the darkest spirit of the two.  Those were her own children!

Couldn't agree more. She was not his victim. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Next comes special, "energy healing" sessions.  That's what I'm going to call my naps from now on.

Thank you for a chuckle among all this disgusting news. I too shall call my naps "energy healing sessions." 

• Love 2

It’s just astonishing what these dweebs can manage to con people into. Nothing can equal this mess but it does remind me of the crazy Gregg Olsen wrote about in his book “Twisted Faith.” Semi-creepy doughboy sets himself up as a spiritual authority and manipulates people like you cannot believe. It’s a great read, and the case has shown up on ID, though o can’t recall the exact show. 

• Love 2

On another note ... as much as I want to know everything about this like right now, I’m becoming a big fan of how this investigation is being handled.  Authorities are only releasing the info that they want released and at the time that they feel is appropriate.  At least this is how it appears to me.  With the number of agencies involved (and the number of goofballs on the other side) I think they are doing a good job.  

Now on the curious side .... the additional testing being done .... any chance the data will be used to assist in Tammy Daybill’s autopsy?   Possibly Tylee’s daddy if his body was exhumed?  Maybe even check Charles Vallow even though he was ‘shot in self-defense’?  Alex Cox?  

The murderers had to be ‘feeding’ these people something.  Just my thoughts. 

Behead and burn your own children?   And you dare to think that you will lead and show people the way?????

On 6/24/2020 at 5:11 PM, 12catcrazy said:

I think that JJ's biological parents were both drug addicts who handed the child over to the grandparents, who felt that they couldn't really look after JJ.   The bio-parents pretty much walked away from the child, and the grandparents (I think the grandmother was Lori Vallow's murdered husband's sister) thought they had found the child a good home.  

I thought JJ's mother was the tie to Charles or the Woodcocks.  Someone's niece or granddaughter. Even so, I too am surprised that we haven't heard from JJ's biological parents. Even though they didn't raise him, this case has been all over the news.  I bet the news outlets are trying to locate them. We know who Tylee's parents are.  I'm wondering if a) they are both deceased or b) they are still heavily dealing with their addictions. 

Of all of the people with ties to this case, they would seem the most sympathetic to me.  They allowed JJ to go live with others in the hopes of having a better life.  There's no indication they had any contact with him after that.  Everyone else has some culpability in this tragedy, in my opinion.  They all watched Lori unspool and just kind of let it happen.   That welfare check came way too late.  He was probably already dead at that point.

• Love 5
On 6/14/2020 at 1:27 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

What were they supposed to do ?  You cant take a child away from it's legal mother just because you want to.  The police wrongly assumed that Charles death was self defense and it was left at that.

I'd feel differently about the Woodcocks if there was some evidence of an attempt to intervene.  Such as consulting a lawyer and lawyer says "Sorry, you have no case" Or calling child services and saying that they had concerns about Lori.  Do something to attempt to get Lori on someone's radar.  Even if Lori couldn't be charged with Charles's death, there was a prevailing suspicion that something was amiss.  It was difficult to get hold of the kids even before they disappeared.  No one acted or even attempted to act.  They were waiting for what?  Lori to snap out of it?  You're right.  The police did not have enough evidence, but after Charles died, the Woodcocks had knowledge that Lori was behaving strangely.  Maybe intervention would not have been possible, but doing nothing and counting on Lori was deadly for those kids.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recently read online that Lori's sister or cousin.....whichever, had apologized for defending Lori.  I can't locate link right now.  If anyone has it, please post. Thanks.

Think it was both of them. Here’s some articles.  First article I don’t think is an apology but I’ll be interested to see what you all have to say.   Will add one more article when I find it. 

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/06/my-cousins-are-beautiful-souls-melani-pawlowski-releases-message-expressing-love-for-jj-and-tylee/

https://www.eonline.com/uk/amp/news/1164605/lori-vallow-s-sister-admits-she-was-quot-wrong-quot-to-defend-her-after-kids-remains-are-found

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

Think it was both of them. Here’s some articles.  First article I don’t think is an apology but I’ll be interested to see what you all have to say.   Will add one more article when I find it. 

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/06/my-cousins-are-beautiful-souls-melani-pawlowski-releases-message-expressing-love-for-jj-and-tylee/

https://www.eonline.com/uk/amp/news/1164605/lori-vallow-s-sister-admits-she-was-quot-wrong-quot-to-defend-her-after-kids-remains-are-found

I think Melani’s post screams Damage Control. Her lawyer helped her write to try to erase the way she came off in Keith’s interview. 

• Love 7

Tonight's episode...

Officer (to victim's wife): Have you been seeing anyone else?

Wife: Do I have to answer that?

Me: Heeeeere we go....

Also, granted, I'm not really much of a texting sort, but even if I were, texting someone 50 times a day over multiple days seems...a lot. Even for people who aren't plotting a murder. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

This is Tylee's aunts twitter account. She is the sister of Tylee's dad. She has interesting videos of Lori speaking with police after her brother shot Charles.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

In non-Vallow news . . .

Caught last night's rerun of "The Secret Keepers," about the murder of Randy Baker. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. Granted, the show probably latched onto the daughter because she was pretty and she was articulate, but it seemed like everyone else in this story was pretty trashy, including (unfortunately) the victim. They all seemed like they were right out of central casting for Cops. Especially the gun man - Griz? Yikes. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, JudyObscure said:

Don't be silly.  [The end of the world’s] not until July 23.

So I should cancel my gyno appointment, then?  Huzzah!

Edited by Lovecat
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

What the actual fuck is with this family? 

Let’s lock them all up together on July 23rd and watch their behavior that day.  Especially at midnight when it becomes July 24th and the ‘zombies’ holding them are still alive along with the rest of the world.  

Want Melanie P included (still hope her husband is working for the FBI) and let’s add the new wife of Alex Cox.  

Question.  Is it possible that there is an agency investigating the remainder of the ‘followers’?   Don’t know how many there are but I imagine they have additional leaders. Wasn’t Cox’s wife a disciple?

• Love 6
On 6/22/2020 at 10:41 PM, Melina22 said:

Well, that was extremely interesting and horrible. It all just seemed so farfetched it couldn't possibly have happened, and yet it did. 

And as the friend said, it was interesting how anyone who got in their way conveniently became a zombie. And how little the death of these "zombies" appeared to affect these allegedly normal people, even when it was one of their children. Utterly baffling. 

Is it just me or did their ex-friend Melanie, while truthful, seem weirdly detached about everything? That seemed like a theme among the people they hung out with. Only JJs grandfather seemed visibly upset. I would have expected Melanie to be consumed with guilt over her failure to warn or save Charles, Tammy and the children, but if she was, it didn't show. More oddness in a stupendously odd story. 

Yes! Something was off with friend. She didn't seem upset about it at all. She had a smirk on her face for much of the interview. It creeped me out. I do not trust her and think she knew more about what was going on than she let on during the interview. Either that or she was more of a follower of Chad and Lori's than she wants people to believe now. Regardless, her demeanor was odd and off-putting. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I hope it's okay to mention this, because it's probable that anyone on this thread is interested in true crime, and right now, in the Lori Vallow case in particular.

Anyway, I stumbled across the weirdest and most entertaining YouTube channel. Bailey Sarian discusses true crime cases while applying fabulous makeup. So bizarre, right? I just finished watching her video about the Vallow case which was absolutely fascinating. In fact, the case is so complex she had to use a whiteboard and never did finish her makeup!

Now I'm going to see if she has videos about other Dateline cases I found particularly interesting. I recommend her. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm waiting to see if authorities take Chad's grandkids away from their parents or at least monitor them closely. Chad and Tammy have five adult children. He's got to have grandchildren, and his children have released no statement on the death of their mother, JJ, or Tylee.  I read in one of the many articles that have been posted that at least one of Chad's kids (a daughter) is following her dad's beliefs chapter and verse.  I would think authorities would be concerned about the safety of any minor children at this point.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, druzy said:

I wonder if the desertion charges were dropped because they will be charging her with murder.

That makes sense to me. You can't charge someone with the desertion of someone who's been murdered, and all signs point to the overwhelming likelihood of her being involved. 

I was wondering earlier, listening to a video about this, if Chad learned from killing his wife (allegedly) how to easily drug someone so they died without a struggle, and could then use the same method on the children. I might be delusional to think this, but I don't think Lori or Chad are the types to do something outwardly violent. I feel like they would rather their victims go to sleep and not wake up. But not out of empathy or compassion, which they appear to lack totally. It would just be less trouble. (Not sure why I'm making any attempt to get inside their heads. Watching this show tells me I'm doomed to failure.) 

• Love 2

I hope someday Lori Vallow and Ghislaine Maxwell can be cell mates.  They would both be so mortified that we saw them as similar pieces of crusty slime.  Ghislaine would be appalled to be connected with such trashy poor folk and Lori would be shocked that  she, a leader of the 144,000, would be considered worse than a  sleazy procurer of underage sex.

• Love 8

I know this probably isn't the place to put this but did y'all hear that Mary Kay Letourneau died? Talk about a wackjob and batshit crazy woman. I still can't believe that she "fell in love" with a 12-13 year old student while she was already married to a seemingly nice/normal guy and they had a bunch of kids. Then she gets arrested, gets pregnant, goes to jail, gets pregnant, is released from jail, marries the man child, and eventually divorces. You can't make this shit up. Whenever I saw her I would get SO ANGRY. Pedophile, plain and simple. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I know this probably isn't the place to put this but did y'all hear that Mary Kay Letourneau died? Talk about a wackjob and batshit crazy woman. I still can't believe that she "fell in love" with a 12-13 year old student while she was already married to a seemingly nice/normal guy and they had a bunch of kids. Then she gets arrested, gets pregnant, goes to jail, gets pregnant, is released from jail, marries the man child, and eventually divorces. You can't make this shit up. Whenever I saw her I would get SO ANGRY. Pedophile, plain and simple. 

How old are her kids and who is taking care of them?   

I have to go look.  Why does it always seem like we are saying ‘Poor kids’. 

• Love 1
(edited)

What made me angry is the Entertainment Tonight paid her hundreds of thousands of dollars for exclusive rights to broadcast her wedding to her victim.   (That's the last time I ever watched that show).      

I'm hoping Dateline doesn't do another show about her, and try to slant it to make it it sympathetic to her because she died.  

I read that her older children actually moved with their dad to far away from where Letourneau was in prison, but at least some of them visited her in jail, and had a relationship with her after she was released.    Letourneau's father was a politician, who also was involved in a sex scandal.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

How old are her kids and who is taking care of them?   

I have to go look.  Why does it always seem like we are saying ‘Poor kids’. 

I would think that the victim (i.e., her second ex-husband Villi), is taking care of their two kids. I don't even know if her original 4 kids, who are adults now, had anything to do with her after she raped Villi and went to jail the first time. I think their father was blindsided and disgusted by the whole situation and moved away with the kids and rightly so.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What made me angry is the Entertainment Tonight paid her hundreds of thousands of dollars for exclusive rights to broadcast her wedding to her victim.   (That's the last time I ever watched that show).      

I'm hoping Dateline doesn't do another show about her, and try to slant it to make it it sympathetic to her because she died.  

That is disgusting that ET paid so much money to broadcast the wedding.

The double standard also disgusts me. If the genders were reversed, I don't feel they would have broadcast a wedding of an older male pedophile to his victim-bride. 

Letourneau is every bit a pedophile as anyone else out there who has sex with an underage child. Children cannot give consent. And Mary Kay talked about it like she was in junior high and "in love." She was very creepy to say the least. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

I would think that the victim (i.e., her second ex-husband Villi), is taking care of their two kids. I

I was surprised to read that although they're no longer together, he helped care for her during her last few days. I know I keep saying this about cases, but this one is so, so strange and complex. I'll add my usual "You can't make this stuff up." 

But agreed, I don't need to see any more about it. 

• Love 3