Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The niece’s deer in the headlights look and giggle at the end when Keith asked her “when the hell is eventually?” (go Keith!) convinced me she’s totally wrapped up in all of this. I’m guessing she thinks “eventually” is July 22nd, when all except her and her 144k friends are apparently going to die. Crazy cult. 

It’s so messed up. She has no concern at all for the kids she used to nanny. And somehow dragged a guy she married after knowing for 2 weeks into it. That dude better make his own food and drinks, spouses of these people seem to get possessed by zombies frequently and I doubt he’s immune. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 21
15 minutes ago, Lsk02 said:

The niece’s deer in the headlights look and giggle at the end when Keith asked her “when the hell is eventually?” (go Keith!) convinced me she’s totally wrapped up in all of this. I’m guessing she thinks “eventually” is July 22nd, when all except her and her 144k friends are apparently going to die. Crazy cult. 

It’s so messed up. She has no concern at all for the kids she used to nanny. And somehow dragged a guy she married after knowing for 2 weeks into it. That dude better make his own food and drinks, spouses of these people seem to get possessed by zombies frequently and I doubt he’s immune. 

That niece, with the five layers of false eyelashes, can kick rocks. She knows exactly what happened, and Keith should have known better than to indulge her with an interview. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Someone should be keeping an eye on the niece’s kids...she’s a little off too.

At least her husband’s ex wife seems to be on top of her kids not being impacted by the quickie marriage to her freak show. The fact that she doesn’t seem to care about two obviously dead children is so infuriating.

• Love 11

One would have to wonder how many prisoners will become zombies or demons and have to die while Vallow is in prison.  

Or, are there any prisoners that will turn investigators and get the truth out of Vallow?  They traditionally are not enamored with child killers.

The niece appears to be a mini-me of Vallow.   Run, new husband, run.  

I’d be interested in hearing what professionals have to say about Melanie, her body language when they were discussing the FBI wire.  

Melanie has the same smile as Vallow.

• Love 11
(edited)

Just read where Lori Vallow prefers to be called Lori Daybill ... Lori Vallow it is. 

Not exactly the American way but why don’t they lock the remaining loonies up in the same ward (keeping them 6 feet away from each other for safety of course) where they can sit and stare at each other and see how long it takes for them to talk.   The guards can parade through as demons or zombies.  Serve their food (even I would let them eat) dressed like that.  

Edited by Ellee
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, AryasMum said:

That niece, with the five layers of false eyelashes, can kick rocks. She knows exactly what happened, and Keith should have known better than to indulge her with an interview. 

Agreed. Her body language says it all. 

2. If you freeze the insane list of info about the cult, it includes the info that all spells in Harry Potter are real. Huh? 

3. With such a high profile case, how on earth does it take this long to do toxicology reports on Tammy and Alex? 

4. How is any of this real or possible? I'm still stunned by everything about this case. 

5. Here I am sitting home with shaggy hair and a dye job my husband kindly attempted, due to quarantine. How in the middle of jail and being prosecuted for murder, does Lori always manage to have a complex dye job and perfectly blown out hair and makeup? 

6. Finally, how does the perfect mother kill 2 of her children and freeze out her firstborn son? (see #4) 

• Love 10
(edited)

I imagine Keith interviewed Melani simply to put her on display for the rest of us. I don’t think he expected to get anything truthful out of her and he wants viewers to see that.

What I just cannot comprehend is, does Lori actually believe any of this cult nonsense? She just seems like a typical religious charlatan whose God conveniently tells her things that allow her to reach her own personal goals. 

I have tried to stay informed on all the twists and turns and subtleties and outrages of this saga and I have not been successful. My main impression is being scared that so many people fall so easily into these insane types of belief systems. I’m all for religious freedom but these types of groups are so incredibly dangerous. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 8

I like the ex-cult member, Angela was it?  When she was telling Keith all the stuff Daybell and Lori taught and admitting it sounded ridiculous, I wondered how the other preppers manage to keep believing such crapola. 

Do people like that ever put down the self-published books by various scammers and teenage horror novels and actually look to the Bible for advice? You know, like Luke's account of that guy Jesus and what he said?   Not Old Testament stories about Abraham who by the way, did not end up sacrificing his child, not fantastical Revelation which almost didn't make the cannon, but actual words of Jesus?  At no point did he ever think anyone needed killing.  As for end times, he clearly says no one, not even he, knew the date and hour of when that would happen, so by definition anyone who says they do know the date is a charlatan. 

I hope they delay the trial until July 22, 2020.  I want to see  them all gathered in the courthouse for the non-happening.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I like the ex-cult member, Angela was it?  When she was telling Keith all the stuff Daybell and Lori taught and admitting it sounded ridiculous, I wondered how the other preppers manage to keep believing such crapola. 

Do people like that ever put down the self-published books by various scammers and teenage horror novels and actually look to the Bible for advice? You know, like Luke's account of that guy Jesus and what he said?   Not Old Testament stories about Abraham who by the way, did not end up sacrificing his child, not fantastical Revelation which almost didn't make the cannon, but actual words of Jesus?  At no point did he ever think anyone needed killing.  As for end times, he clearly says no one, not even he, knew the date and hour of when that would happen, so by definition anyone who says they do know the date is a charlatan. 

I hope they delay the trial until July 22, 2020.  I want to see  them all gathered in the courthouse for the non-happening.

Yup. Beware false prophets.

They don’t seem to have reviewed the Ten Commandments any time recently, either.

i think these hustlers manage to convince some people that they’ve had revelations from God that somehow supersede whatever is in the Bible, Torah, Quran, etc. Con men and women have such an amazing gift of playing on people’s insecurities and gaining unbelievable amounts of control. 

• Love 10

I'm frustrated with Colby. I know he's Lori's child, and Lori and Chad did this, not Colby.  However, Colby  was legally of age.  Very young, I grant you, but he knew that something was not right.  He didn't know what it was, but he knew enough to not hang around his mother.  He also proclaimed to love Tylee and JJ.  Colby is also married.  WHY did he not take Tylee and JJ, at least in the short term?

Sure, hindsight and all of that, and I'm not saying it would have been an ideal situation for Colby.  However, he was RIGHT THERE.  If you're having to tell your mother to create a stable place for the kids AND she's not telling you where she's going with those kids, that's a sign of trouble.  Maybe you don't understand that trouble, but holy heck...THINK!

No one seems to have thought in this situation, at least not soon enough for this to have been prevented, and those kids are likely dead because of it.  Hearing from Melani was weird, but hearing from Colby just annoyed me.  Melani's as warped as Lori, but I find Colby's inaction just as troubling.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

To be fair, Mormons are already following all kinds of “revelations” by a charlatan.  It wouldn’t be so odd to latch onto another. 

• Love 7
On 4/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, Blissfool said:

I think Jesse was kinda of a jerk.

I can see why you would think this, but I took Jesse's behavior in mind along with the time period and where he was from.  Jesse was from conservative Kentucky, and we're talking late 90s and early 2000s. It was not as common at that time for people to be as comfortable with sexual orientation as Jesse was.  I think he was ahead of his time in trying to get people to look at sexual orientation in a different way.  He used the "shock" approach, but I don't think it came from a place of being a jerk. I also don't think he would have actually done it.  I think his saying that he would was more about getting the person to really think about who he was, not in terms of Jesse really outing anyone.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I have to admit I'm super curious to see what happens on July 23. 

42 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

What I just cannot comprehend is, does Lori actually believe any of this cult nonsense? She just seems like a typical religious charlatan whose God conveniently tells her things that allow her to reach her own personal goals. 

I have to think she does actually believe it. Sure, it feeds into her ego and narcissism, but it's hard to believe she would kill and abandon her own children /brother /ex, unless she was experiencing some kind of delusion/temporary insanity /brainwashing that convinced her she could do these terrible things without guilt or consequences. Before getting mixed up with Chad, she may have had various issues, but most people liked her and found her more or less normal. 

Then again, a man near where I live, someone who was always well liked and considered normal, just went crazy and committed multiple senseless murders. So what do any of us really know about what goes on in people's brains? Sometimes you'd swear these people are possessed. (I don't actually think they are, but I can see how people might. What they do is so irrational.) 

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I have to think she does actually believe it.

+1. I think it's a combination of serious mental illness and actual belief.  I think Lori had been spiraling down into mental illness for a long time.  Maybe as far back as Colby's childhood.  Moving so often and so abruptly may have been an early sign that she was able to cover for awhile.  When she met Chad, I think religious fanaticism collided with mental illness, and things are where they are now.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I thought it was interesting when Keith asked Angela if she had been brainwashed, and she said no, I’d call it “groomed.”  She seemed to have done a lot of self-reflection and research and it made me wonder what all she’d been through with the cult. At the beginning they said her boss, husband, and other family members were involved. Did she leave all of them? Or did they leave with her? Lots of curiosity about her, and I’d imagine she’s in fear of her own life since they think her body has been taken over by evil spirits, too. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Colby is also married.  WHY did he not take Tylee and JJ, at least in the short term?

You can't just "take" your brother and sister away from your mother. Lori could have called the police, and they would have returned the kids immediately.

I'm not sure why people are so fascinated by this case. I learned absolutely nothing new from this rehash of the February episode. Lori's children are almost certainly dead. I don't know how learning the details of their death and where the bodies are is going to help anyone or make anyone feel better. People just seem to feel entitled to know these things.

I guess when there are dead children involved people get more outraged than usual. The obsession over Lori Vallow and her missing children is similar to the ongoing fascination with the Jon Benet Ramsey story. We're never going to find out what happened to Lori's kids either. It doesn't serve her any purpose to tell.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

You can't just "take" your brother and sister away from your mother. Lori could have called the police, and they would have returned the kids immediately.

Maybe, but if Colby had said that he was concerned for their safety or well-being, that would have started something earlier, and maybe things could have been different.

My broader point is not in the specific detail of whether Colby could "take" the kids.  It's the general idea of inaction in terms of minor children.  I understand that no one "knew" about zombies or any of this, but when it comes to kids, they don't have the agency to be able to do anything.  Adults have to have the agency for them, and maybe you're right, maybe the system would have sent the kids back to Lori, but the non-attempt to even intervene is what bothers me.  The "I don't know everything, so therefore I'm going to do nothing" approach is dangerous and deadly.

Unfortunately, adults make similar choices like that all the time, and they are the victims of crime.  The difference, though is they have the ability to weigh their options. Sometimes they choose, and it costs them their lives.  JJ and Tylee didn't have that choice, and no adult even attempted to influence the situation until they had already disappeared.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 3

I'm not sure why people are so fascinated by this case.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that JJ and Tylee were defenseless against Lori.  Even at 17, there was only so much that Tylee could probably do.  In terms of JJ, I think people also have an issue with the fact that not only does JJ have a disability, he has no biological tie whatsoever to Lori.  JJ's mother was from Charles's family. Charles was shot to death by Alex, who is connected to Lori, and Lori still maintains her adoptive rights to JJ.  His biological family (his grandparents) had no legal rights against his adoptive mother, even when there is suspicion that Lori is connected to Charles's death.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

My main impression is being scared that so many people fall so easily into these insane types of belief systems. I’m all for religious freedom but these types of groups are so incredibly dangerous. 

This is how I feel, too. This kind of nonsense has nothing to do with "religious freedom", that the thing they simply want to hide behind to justify their insane behavior. These people are nutjobs and it's all a cult and these people should be held accountable, because they are legitimately putting people's lives at risk (and also committing fraud and other types of crimes as well). They shouldn't get a pass because "religion". 

3 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

i think these hustlers manage to convince some people that they’ve had revelations from God that somehow supersede whatever is in the Bible, Torah, Quran, etc. Con men and women have such an amazing gift of playing on people’s insecurities and gaining unbelievable amounts of control. 

Exactly. 

I'm just always amazed at how easily people fall for the whole, "I hear voices and messages from God" thing. I can't think of a single time, in the entirety of history, when a situation involving somebody going around making those kinds of claims has ever, EVER ended well, either for the person in question or those around them (or both). If somebody goes around acting like they're all special and getting messages from God that nobody else is apparently privy to, run

• Love 5

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm fascinated by this case DESPITE the children being involved. Like a lot of us on this thread, I'm fascinated by human psychology, and the crazy, unpredictable things humans will do. On the other hand, I usually avoid any case that involves the abduction and/or murder of children because I find it so painful and disturbing to watch. 

In the Vallow case, I got sort of sucked into it before I realized the children were almost certainly dead. I find myself looking away whenever they're shown on the screen, because the idea of their mother murdering them is so awful. On the other hand, the case is so utterly bizarre and convoluted I want to find out what happened and why. I want to understand how this could even happen. I think that's why I watch most true crime shows. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm fascinated by this case DESPITE the children being involved. Like a lot of us on this thread, I'm fascinated by human psychology, and the crazy, unpredictable things humans will do. On the other hand, I usually avoid any case that involves the abduction and/or murder of children because I find it so painful and disturbing to watch. 

In the Vallow case, I got sort of sucked into it before I realized the children were almost certainly dead. I find myself looking away whenever they're shown on the screen, because the idea of their mother murdering them is so awful. On the other hand, the case is so utterly bizarre and convoluted I want to find out what happened and why. I want to understand how this could even happen. I think that's why I watch most true crime shows. 

This pretty much sums up my take as well. Cases involving children do get my attention in the sense of trying to even begin to figure out what on earth would possess somebody to hurt or kill children, especially their own...but even then, yeah, no matter how many explanations one comes up with, it's still hard, if not outright impossible, to comprehend and understand, and there's only so much detail I can stand to hear. 

But yes, with most stories of this sort in general, kids or no kids, it's the "why" and "how" of it all that fascinates me most. And stories about religious cults in general have always intrigued me, just because of how crazy and bizarre they can get. 

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not sure why people are so fascinated by this case. I learned absolutely nothing new from this rehash of the February episode. Lori's children are almost certainly dead. I don't know how learning the details of their death and where the bodies are is going to help anyone or make anyone feel better. People just seem to feel entitled to know these things.

I mean, it’s a Dateline forum, so obviously many of us are fascinated/interested in true crime. I agree that this one interests me despite the children being part of it, too, although that’s really the heart of the whole thing. The fact that a two children have disappeared without a trace and the parent is giving absolutely no information about them is intriguing, to me at least. Not so much because they were likely killed, but the back story of it. Even without the kids, it could be an episode all on its own with the two spouses’ and the brother’s mysterious deaths. 

I think this one focused a lot more on Lori’s adult son, who was barely mentioned in the first airing. Their spiral into estrangement was interesting, too, because I had wondered if he was part of it like the niece. And seeing her, too, really cemented her involvement. Seeing her husband’s outline and hearing the former cult member explained a lot I didn’t know, too. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm fascinated by this case DESPITE the children being involved.

The kids are the reason for me.  If someone wants to join a cult, be in Lori and Chad or David Koresh or Jim Jones or whatever, if that person wants to burn his or herself alive or drink poison Kool-Aid or whatever, fine.  If that person doesn't want to be on this Earth, fine. Go right on, ahead.  But that is for ADULTS over the age of 18.  No one gets to force a minor child into a cult or hurt a child for the sake of a cult. No. Lori and Chad can't fry soon enough or hot enough for me. I could give a flying fig about human behavior.  They're both bat shit crazy.  Full stop.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

For me it's because these people are fucked up arrogant bastards and I want to see them held accountable for their actions.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Ohmo said:

at is for ADULTS over the age of 18.  No one gets to force a minor child into a cult or hurt a child for the sake of a cult. No. Lori and Chad can't fry soon enough or hot enough for me. I could give a flying fig about human behavior.  They're both bat shit crazy.  Full sto

Not to mention even if they didn’t want to be responsible there were clearly options, the brother and the grandparents, who would have taken them in.

• Love 9

For me, the fascination comes from the twists and turns. As a true crime junkie, the baseline is Person Kills Spouse for Insurance Money. This is that on steroids.

Woman's brother is a backyard hitman who tried to kill her ex-husband and succeeded in killing her new one. And then woman joins a cult. And then the cult leader kills his wife for the insurance money. Then he marries the first woman. And then the first woman's niece's ex is almost killed, likely by the brother. And then the brother is killed. And then the kids disappear. 

Honestly, you could remove the kids and I'd still watch every episode ever done because I know more fuckery is just around the bend.

Niece's new husband is lucky to be alive after that wire stunt. He might wanna watch his back. 

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not to mention even if they didn’t want to be responsible there were clearly options, the brother and the grandparents, who would have taken them in.

Honestly, I wondered why the second Charles was dead that his sister and her hubby didn't immediately start contesting the adoption order and get JJ returned to them.  I could understand Charles taking JJ, especially since Charles was a man of means.  However, the moment Charles died and was no longer there to raise JJ, I'd be at a lawyer's so fast, someone's head would spin.  I know that grandparents don't have rights over a parent, but it still boggles my mind that Lori still got to call the shots that she did.  Kay and her husband are the biological tie to JJ AND Lori's brother killed Charles.

I know that Kay and hubby are older, but even Charles anticipated that they would have custody of JJ. That's why he left his sister the insurance money.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

For me, the fascination comes from the twists and turns. As a true crime junkie, the baseline is Person Kills Spouse for Insurance Money. This is that on steroids.

Yes! And the most baffling part is that not one person in this insane scenario LOOKS crazy. They all look healthy and affluent, with nice homes, great hair, and apparently good lives. This is not the Charles Manson gang of weirdos and loners. No one appears to be on meth or suffers from schizophrenia. (That we know of.) 

This reminds me so much of the Russell Williams case here in Canada where someone who appeared to have everything, and appeared completely normal and functional, committed heinous and inexplicable crimes. I'm not sure why cases like this fascinate me but they do. 

• Love 11
(edited)
9 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Yes! And the most baffling part is that not one person in this insane scenario LOOKS crazy. They all look healthy and affluent, with nice homes, great hair, and apparently good lives. This is not the Charles Manson gang of weirdos and loners. No one appears to be on meth or suffers from schizophrenia. (That we know of.) 

Most of the Dateline stories feature murderers who look normal.  Even the Manson girls looked normal before they went to jail, yes they had long messy hair but so did college girls at that time.  That's one reason I like True Crime over shows like the CSI franchise. Reality.

I like that chart but they got one thing wrong, Tammy Daybell wasn't his ex-wife, as far as Tammy knew she was his happily married wife.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 7

Tammy Daybill wasn’t his ex-wife. 

The missing kids really hurt me.  I read way too many of those stories.  How can anyone hurt children?  They give us life.  

The other aspect here is that how could so many people die or an attempt on people’s lives made and it not get questioned by anyone. Doesn’t make sense. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Exactly. Blaming Colby for this isn't rational. Also, just because he wasn't a minor doesn't mean he was set up in a way to become a Dad. 

I don't think a judge would have taken kids out of the home, either. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Court said:

Exactly. Blaming Colby for this isn't rational. Also, just because he wasn't a minor doesn't mean he was set up in a way to become a Dad. 

Agree to disagree.  How does that saying go?  "All it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing."  I never said that Colby was expected to be a dad for the next X number of years.  Maybe he would have done that, but I'm talking about getting those kids away from Lori in the short term.

Lori is definitely at fault, along with Colby and Kay and her husband as far as I'm concerned.  Blaming it all on Lori is just way too simple.  She likely did the deed, but the others were looking at a scenario that was all sorts of wonky and did nothing.  In my opinion, solely blaming Lori for what happened when there were other adults who at least at a notion that something wasn't right is like expecting Tylee and JJ to have handled it themselves.  Multiple adults failed those kids, not just Lori and Chad.

• Love 2

I mean, it’s a Dateline forum, so obviously many of us are fascinated/interested in true crime.

Sure, I mean that's fair. But I find the hand-wringing and outrage disproportionate to other stories this show airs. 

Lori is definitely at fault, along with Colby and Kay and her husband as far as I'm concerned.  Blaming it all on Lori is just way too simple. 

That's a slippery slope. By that logic every person who knows a murderer is complicit in that murder because they didn't do anything to prevent it. Even if those closest to Lori thought she was involved in a dangerous cult they had no way of knowing she was going to kill her children. I can understand the desire to want to pin blame in hindsight but wishing "someone had done something" is futile. If she was going around telling people she was going to kill her children then yeah, sure - but as far as I know she wasn't doing that. Lots of people get involved in wacky beliefs and don't kill their children. It's not the inevitable conclusion.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, druzy said:

It makes me wonder if they were receiving social security on J.J., and that’s why he was “light” at this time. 

4 hours ago, Ellee said:

Tammy Daybill wasn’t his ex-wife. 

The missing kids really hurt me.  I read way too many of those stories.  How can anyone hurt children?  They give us life.  

The other aspect here is that how could so many people die or an attempt on people’s lives made and it not get questioned by anyone. Doesn’t make sense. 

I hate to be so cynical, but if they weren’t white people with money, they would have been in jail the next day. 

• Love 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

It makes me wonder if they were receiving social security on J.J., and that’s why he was “light” at this time. 

I hate to be so cynical, but if they weren’t white people with money, they would have been in jail the next day. 

Never thought of a possible social security angle on J.J.   Tylee would have just gotten off of it, no?

The bitch probably did collect once JJ’s father died.  He was adopted by Charles.  I bet the checks kept coming after JJ ‘disappeared’ too. Maybe even kept him alive a little longer.  Heck get Vallow on that too if possible.    Make sure that no matter how low bail goes she can’t get out.  

If Vallow has money my bet is that it was all insurance proceeds.  I wonder how many policies have been paid out.   

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Ellee said:

Right? There's been a few cases over the years that are like that, where there's bodies dropping everywhere and it's not until, like, the fourth or fifth one that somebody finally goes, "Oh, gee, this is odd, we should probably look into this." Way to be on the ball, people. 

• Love 7
(edited)

They were just buzzing around killing and attempting to kill people without ever even coming close to being looked at.  Alex killing Charles especially.  Really???

Alex got whatever he deserved in the end. 

Loved when the niece defended Lori and Chad getting married so quickly.  Some BS..."in our faith we just move fast"!  Funny, funny that she herself got married to her new husband two weeks after meeting him.  She tried to just shrug everything off as "normal" and why would you even think that was odd?  Like after she moved next door to Lori but she never saw the kids.  Never even asked about them. 

The second husband was one of the few who actually tried to do something and to help. 

I'm not optimistic with how any of this is going to end.  Chad's strutting around free as a bird.  His wife has been embalmed which I imagine will make an autopsy or any toxicology testing challenging, to say the least.  They don't really have evidence against Lori for anything other than being a religious looney.  I don't like it at all.

I have to admit I'm super curious to see what happens on July 23. 

Jesus always moves his calendar back on these things!  He's notoriously bad at time management!

Edited by Kiki620
Typo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Loved when the niece defended Lori and Chad getting married so quickly.  Some BS..."in our faith we just move fast"! 

In their faith they frown on divorce also, but that didn't bother any of you.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 8

W

40 minutes ago, druzy said:

What the actual F?  Are they in the cult too?! “She can’t tell us where they are, she’s in jail being recorded.” So did you just not ask in the months before she was arrested when this was all over the National news?  Including a Dateline episode? You didn’t think to ask her where the kids are once before she was arrested? 

Goodness, they made me more angry than the stupid niece. At least with her she was evasive enough to make it obvious she was full of shit. These people are either in the cult and completely brainwashed, or afraid if they say the wrong thing they’ll be the next to die under mysterious circumstances. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

What the actual F?  Are they in the cult too?! “She can’t tell us where they are, she’s in jail being recorded.” So did you just not ask in the months before she was arrested when this was all over the National news?  Including a Dateline episode? You didn’t think to ask her where the kids are once before she was arrested? 

I was screaming at the tv when they said that.

There are no words.

• Love 2

Yeah I know I’m repeating myself but lock all these people up together in separate cages.  Let them eat sleep and poop from 6 feet away from each other.  See how long it takes for someone to talk.  And  bring the kids home and then forget these people.  Preferably locked in the cages.  Won’t be me but someone will do the right thing with them.   I’ll be concentrating on the kids.   

• Love 2

Thanks for that Druzy!

Well.  Meeting Lori's mother explains a whole lot for me. The woman's lipstick alone said, "I'm crazy and proud of it!"  There they were laughing about the whole thing,  certain that Lori has a  perfectly good reason for why her kids have been missing since the day she took them to a national park.  No idea in the whole wide would what that reason might be, but there must be one because Lori just lives for her  children don't you know!  Maybe Lori left them in the care of a grizzly bear, they're known to be good mothers aren't they?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 5/4/2020 at 1:03 PM, Kiki620 said:

I'm not optimistic with how any of this is going to end.  Chad's strutting around free as a bird.

I thought he was recently named in an indictment for murder, attempted murder, and a third charge.  Is he not currently in jail?

• Love 1

The last I could find out about Chad is that they're investigating his previous wife's death, only a few weeks before he married Lori Vallow.     I didn't see anything about an indictment, but there are so many stories about the couple, and the missing children, it's hard to sort through. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3