Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Ashley's dress looked like it was made of old Christmas tree tinsel that had been gathering dust in the basement.

Looking at her made MY breasts itchy.

Robyn's dress looked like an unconventional materials challenge from the old Project Runway and they were somehow able to incorporate Ashley's leftover Christmas tinsel.  Her bodice was stiff like poster board.

Robyn looked great but her dress was bizarrely cheap and stiff looking.

Santa Hat Christmas GIF by Worcester Warriors

I am dead. This was hilarious.

I think Ashley, Gizelle, and Mia believe that men who desire African American or black women will always put them at the top of the desirability pyramid. There is a mindset that if he likes her then he must love me because I'm lighter and brighter.

That being said, there are many light-skinned and mixed-race women who do not walk around like their shit doesn't stink and are perfectly nice people.

Unfortunately, Mia, Gizzy, and Ashley have cultivated nothing interesting about themselves beyond their looks and their looks are not enough to make up for their nasty lying personalities.

Y'all are so on this. It never occurred to me that Gizelle assumed men only wanted to be around her for sexual reasons. I thought she was just being mean (and struggling for a storyline). I guess it could be both.

While I can't really know how these women think, I'll always recall Ray's attempt to counsel Gizelle. Looks fade, as does youth, and Gizelle knows better than most people that men don't always cheat on you with someone considered more attractive than you are. Luckily she appears to have an entrepreneurial spirit, so she can put energy into building up herself and her bank account. She's smart to pursue that. I don't ever want to see her ugly-crying on my TV again because some man hurt her feelings. Not a woman past 50. No ma'am.

Honestly, all I see is that women who look like them may get more romantic opportunities. More choices, perhaps. That doesn't mean they make the best choices. That's why I don't understand people who accuse their detractors of jealousy. I don't know anyone who would want to be in Mia, Ashley, or Gizelle's position -- I don't care what she looks like. None of them are aspirational to me.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I really hope they get rid of Mia next season. She cannot keep her own lies straight. I'm glad Karen told her she has to stop. Please also, don't bring back Charisse. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Chris is a drinker and I think Gizelle was within reason to feel uncomfortable if a drunk and irritated man wants to chat.

It was interesting that Chris felt comfortable enough during the reunion to show his rage and raise his voice and curse at Gizelle. He's a large man, and rage and alcohol are not a good look. Most rational men whining about unemployment would avoid this look on TV. He's his own worst enemy. 

I think that if Chris (or any man) was drinking too much during the reunion, and showing irritability or anger, I would hesitate to be alone with him in a small room. But I don't think Gizelle stated this.

My close friend, who will never see 50 again, still makes claims about unwanted attention from men. She's not a trauma survivor, and nobody is harassing her. I think some women do this to signal their desirability, especially fading beauties.

My theory is that Candiace secretly dislikes her husband, or doesn't like his own lack of drive and purpose. He's riding her coat tails. But for now he helps advance her victim storyline when she needs it. I'd prefer to watch Candiace maneuver without his constant presence.

Ashley's dress looked like it was made of old Christmas tree tinsel and increasing desperation.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

It was interesting that Chris felt comfortable enough during the reunion to show his rage and raise his voice and curse at Gizelle. He's a large man, and rage and alcohol are not a good look. Most rational men whining about unemployment would avoid this look on TV. He's his own worst enemy.I

Question

She literally said he was a sneaky link who was trying to get with it .. and accused him of “trying” to do “SOMETHING” in that room and she barely got out unscathed and how traumatic it was in her 5th telling of the LIE (let’s call it what it is cause she had to walk back 99% of everything she said).. You understand that could destroy him not only personally BUT professionally right??..

I’m amazed he held it back that much. She tried to destroy his life his marriage his reputation… Man or woman let’s see them not get pissed. I don’t buy this he’s a man so he shouldn’t show emotion that’s BS to me. She literally went gutter and LIED but he should have been more “nice” he’s not doing himself any favors?

She should be sued out of the tacky ass house of hers for slander. He literally was nowhere in the wrong at any point but he should have controlled himself more and let her lie on him cause he’s a man? This confuses me. 
candance can’t get mad cause she’s to emotional and now Chris can’t get mad and show it cause he’s a man ?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 8
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

It was interesting that Chris felt comfortable enough during the reunion to show his rage and raise his voice and curse at Gizelle. He's a large man, and rage and alcohol are not a good look. Most rational men whining about unemployment would avoid this look on TV. He's his own worst enemy. 

I think that if Chris (or any man) was drinking too much during the reunion, and showing irritability or anger, I would hesitate to be alone with him in a small room. But I don't think Gizelle stated this.

My close friend, who will never see 50 again, still makes claims about unwanted attention from men. She's not a trauma survivor, and nobody is harassing her. I think some women do this to signal their desirability, especially fading beauties.

My theory is that Candiace secretly dislikes her husband, or doesn't like his own lack of drive and purpose. He's riding her coat tails. But for now he helps advance her victim storyline when she needs it. I'd prefer to watch Candiace maneuver without his constant presence.

I don’t really think Chris wanted to get with Gizelle, Ashley or Sesame Street. I do think he could have used some smarts and stayed out of the woman’s business. His wife has the nastiest mouth of anyone, certainly she could hold her own with Gizelle. I do think once a drunk Chris entered her room, she could have been uncomfortable and not sure how to say, I don’t want to talk right now seeing as he was drunk. 

This is a woman brought a bodyguard to Moniques sorry not sorry get together. Did she really fear Monique? Hell no. She lives for the dramatics and for Candiace and Chris to think they were above her turning on them is dumb on their part.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t really think Chris wanted to get with Gizelle, Ashley or Sesame Street. I do think he could have used some smarts and stayed out of the woman’s business.

It wasn’t woman’s business tho .. it directly NAMED him .. he was the topic .. He was the one they tried to paint as a sexual predator that was laying in wait to not only go after the muppet (who was shown to be a liar when the footage was actually shown back) but also to get G alone in the hotel room( her trying to imply he knew she would be alone in there cause he knew ONE of her team had left) .. the whole thing reeked of set up 

he had 100% every right to be upset with that 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4
  • Applause 9
12 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It wasn’t woman’s business tho .. it directly NAMED him .. he was the topic .. He was the one they tried to paint as a sexual predator that was laying in wait to not only go after the muppet (who was shown to be a liar when the footage was actually shown back) but also to get G alone in the hotel room( her trying to imply he knew she would be alone in there cause he knew ONE of her team had left) .. the whole thing reeked of set up 

he had 100% every right to be upset with that 

When I said the womens (housewives) business I was referring to the reunion where he went to speak to Gizelle in her dressing room which was the season before. There wasn’t any talk of him being inappropriate at that time right?  Candiace said Gizelle had several months before filming  began again to call them and let them know she felt uncomfortable. Gizelle saved it for the camera. I do think she could have been uncomfortable when he was in her dressing room but I also believe she saved the moment to bring up on camera. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Chatty Cake said:

When I said the womens (housewives) business I was referring to the reunion where he went to speak to Gizelle in her dressing room which was the season before. There wasn’t any talk of him being inappropriate at that time right?  Candiace said Gizelle had several months before filming  began again to call them and let them know she felt uncomfortable. Gizelle saved it for the camera. I do think she could have been uncomfortable when he was in her dressing room but I also believe she saved the moment to bring up on camera. 

You know I love a good debate ❤️

• Like 4
On 3/6/2023 at 3:57 PM, amarante said:

A few more thoughts.

I wish the show went back to its original premise - e.g. having dignified WOC who travelled in the elite upper class world of Jack & Jill. Instead the show has sunk to lowest common denominators by casting lying strippers like Mia. 

One of the reasons I loved housewives initially was to see a bunch of rich people with nice houses, cars, and families, living their fabulous lives and having petty rich people problems. I wanted to see their decor, their cars, what they were wearing, where they were eating, etc. Potomac is so far from that now, and they are trending towards love and hip hop. Mia has been the worst addition to the cast IMO. Her actions are so far from what the housewives should be and it's so sad. 

1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I'm waiting on someone to post the cliff notes of Chris' interview with DJ Ritchie Sky, but according to Chris, they had this uncomfortable dressing room conversation in between scenes, before that clip they keep showing of Giselle asking Chris if he is mad. So she also had the opportunity to say it when she came back out for the next segment but she didn't. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

One of the reasons I loved housewives initially was to see a bunch of rich people with nice houses, cars, and families, living their fabulous lives and having petty rich people problems. I wanted to see their decor, their cars, what they were wearing, where they were eating, etc. Potomac is so far from that now, and they are trending towards love and hip hop. Mia has been the worst addition to the cast IMO. Her actions are so far from what the housewives should be and it's so sad. 

I'm waiting on someone to post the cliff notes of Chris' interview with DJ Ritchie Sky, but according to Chris, they had this uncomfortable dressing room conversation in between scenes, before that clip they keep showing of Giselle asking Chris if he is mad. So she also had the opportunity to say it when she came back out for the next segment but she didn't. 

I’m kinda shocked and a little bit frightened how casually they seemed to be to use this “storyline” … the more it unravels the more it does look like they got together to “map this out” G telling her story of how he was trying to get with it and get her alone then Ashley following up with yeah he DM’s me and her “friend” just casually having the story of him “approaching” her and that whole lie … when laid out it seems super premeditated and “coincidental” this is why G didn’t say anything for those 5 months because she was busy these other girls trying to work this out to go on camera 

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Yes, the early seasons were about the lifestyle and more entertaining  Before we knew that most of them were full of shit. 
I agree, Mia is terrible. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the more it unravels the more it does look like they got together to “map this out”

Which is why that Tik Tok picture is suspicious…they’re trying to send a message to production that they should be the cast going forward (minus Wendy, Candiace & Karen)

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Last year, Giselle and Chris were friends (at least he thought they were). They are two adults and her wanted to have a conversation with her. I don’t see a problem with a man and a woman having a conversation to clear the air. 

• Like 7
On 3/6/2023 at 8:04 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Chris is a drinker and I think Gizelle was within reason to feel uncomfortable if a drunk and irritated man wants to chat.

Perhaps but Gizelle didn’t have to make such a big deal out of it. It was basically her whole storyline.

I don’t want Robyn back. I don’t think she was honest with Andy. Sad she’s willing to stay with Juan when he’s a serial cheater. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I don’t want Robyn back. I don’t think she was honest with Andy. Sad she’s willing to stay with Juan when he’s a serial cheater. 

Yes, After reading a recap of a Chris interview provided in the media forum by @drivethrooI’ve sort of moved back to Chris’s side on the whole thing.  I think she may have felt slightly uncomfortable for a moment and decided to run with it as a storyline.  

If Robyn does come back she can’t pretend everything is great. There’s too much out there on Mr Juan. Plus his issues at Coppin State.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 3/5/2023 at 5:34 PM, dosodog said:

All the pages in the Mia's bedazzled box looked blank...

Yes, the pages appeared blank which seems to match what's in her mind... Nothing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
On 3/9/2023 at 5:10 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Perhaps but Gizelle didn’t have to make such a big deal out of it. It was basically her whole storyline.

If BRAVO has Robyn come back, it will be because they can make her life miserable as a form of punishment and warning to other housewives.

Between editing and *suggesting* storylines to other housewives, it will be all about her hypocrisy. I doubt any of the women who were ragged about their men (Wendy and Candiace) are going to let her off the hook even without prodding by BRAVO. Karen on WWHL basically stated that the gloves would be off since she had deliberately withheld most of what she knew about Juan out of kindness. Obviously Gizelle knew and also will be on the hook for attempting to deflect the truth about Robyn by bringing up Chris and supporting Ashley in terms of what her friend implied.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, amarante said:

If BRAVO has Robyn come back, it will be because they can make her life miserable as a form of punishment and warning to other housewives.

EXACTLY. And she will need the money and will therefore do it.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
6 hours ago, amarante said:

Between editing and *suggesting* storylines to other housewives, it will be all about her hypocrisy. I doubt any of the women who were ragged about their men (Wendy and Candiace) are going to let her off the hook even without prodding by BRAVO. Karen on WWHL basically stated that the gloves would be off since she had deliberately withheld most of what she knew about Juan out of kindness. Obviously Gizelle knew and also will be on the hook for attempting to deflect the truth about Robyn by bringing up Chris and supporting Ashley in terms of what her friend implied.

I can see there being some conversations and conflict with mending Robyn and Candace's relationship on camera, since Andy told Robyn that Candiace felt betrayed. I want a season 3 style press conference from Robyn to make amends with the group. 

On the other hand, I can see Robyn willingly accepting a friend role next season. She films with just Gizelle or with the whole group, she doesn't have to talk about Juan, Juan doesn't have to film, and she still gets money. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I can see there being some conversations and conflict with mending Robyn and Candace's relationship on camera, since Andy told Robyn that Candiace felt betrayed. I want a season 3 style press conference from Robyn to make amends with the group. 

On the other hand, I can see Robyn willingly accepting a friend role next season. She films with just Gizelle or with the whole group, she doesn't have to talk about Juan, Juan doesn't have to film, and she still gets money. 

But if she interacts with the women she is going to be forced to discuss it. 

I am not sure what you mean by Juan not filming. Husbands don't have to film because for the most part they aren't paid. Juan has actually be on camera including some not very flattering scenes in terms of how he treats Robyn. He just doesn't show up at the group events for the most part.

She could theoretically film only with Gizelle but that would not provide much screen time and friends are only paid if they appear in an episode and I think generally their "day rate' is lower than a housewife.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, amarante said:

But if she interacts with the women she is going to be forced to discuss it. 

I am not sure what you mean by Juan not filming. Husbands don't have to film because for the most part they aren't paid. Juan has actually be on camera including some not very flattering scenes in terms of how he treats Robyn. He just doesn't show up at the group events for the most part.

She could theoretically film only with Gizelle but that would not provide much screen time and friends are only paid if they appear in an episode and I think generally their "day rate' is lower than a housewife.

Yes husbands don't have to film, but they do because they are part of their housewives storylines. By Juan not filming, I mean that he won't have to be bothered by the cameras, because he doesn't seem to like them. It feels like he only shows up because Robyn is full time and he was a big part of her story. They remarried, so their story is complete. If she is a friend, he doesn't have to fulfill that role the same way when she was full time. They also won't expect her to talk about the lawsuit the way they did during the reunion. If Robyn is just a friend, there won't be the expectation for her and Juan to film solo scenes together. She can just film scenes with Gizelle and group scenes. Yes they will ask her about Juan in group scenes, but she will lie and deflect as usual. 

She still needs the check, so she will take the friend money. Honestly the only thing that makes Robyn full time is the scenes she films with Juan, otherwise she gives friend energy anyway. Take him away, she drops to friend, still gets paid, and we still get the same from her. 

• Like 3

I think production will require Robyn to interact with all of the other housewives, and they will be instructed to needle her about the deceptions of this recent season. They all do it to each other; the targets are switched out each season. It's a Bravo democracy - everybody takes a turn as a target.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think production will require Robyn to interact with all of the other housewives, and they will be instructed to needle her about the deceptions of this recent season. They all do it to each other; the targets are switched out each season. It's a Bravo democracy - everybody takes a turn as a target.

Given how poorly Robyn handled herself on that episode with Andy Cohen, I don't think she'd hold up well being relentlessly grilled by Candyass and Wendy. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

And especially Karen.....this would be payback for Pizzagate, when she and Gizzard showed up at Karen's house to see if it was really hers, the alleged 'blue eyes' pic, etc.

I believe Charrisse became a 'friend' because she didn't want to talk about her situation with her now ex-husband, right?

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I think Giselle is lying her ass off about it being Chris who suggested going to her room.  

Gizzy lies like a rug so it's a pretty safe bet.

• Like 4