Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: A Launch Party and a Whole Human Being

Bort
  • Start Topic

Billy knows more about Brenda's and George's relationship then what has been stated. The kid knows an awful lot about the chicken coup, would not be surprised if he had did a little snooping on his own.  Billy has a crush on Missy and she appears clueless about it.   

It looks like they are trying to humanize Sheldon. Last week was Paige and this week with Mandy and Georgie. 

Georgie not ready to be a father its a little too late for that.  Georgie and the car seat and it makes senses Sheldon would be the one to install it.  

Can you say awkward at the hospital. I get Brenda being there as she was the one to drive Mandy and Sheldon to the hospital. Also be there to supervise Sheldon without any other adults present at the time. As far as Pastor Rob it made things even more awkward and not really necessary. George and Mary should have been concentrating on their first grandchild, not each others relationship interests. 

Mandy stated Alice for the baby's name with her own last name not Cooper. When Georgie came out to announce the birth, he stated the baby's names was Constance with no last name mentioned. I am betting the child's last name matches the mothers last name. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kaycee said:

As far as Pastor Rob it made things even more awkward and not really necessary.

What doesn't make sense is why he was at the hospital.  He and Mary were at lunch, but she didn't have a cell phone, so either she went back to work and got the call about Mandy being in labor, or she went home and found out.  Pastor Rob shouldn't have been at either place with her, so how did he find out about it?  I don't think Mary would've invited him back to the house, and I don't think he would've followed her back to work.  Inquiring minds want to know!! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm going with plot contrivance.

Yep.  And of course they are still in their pitching the idea that George and Mary are both cheating (if only in their hearts).  I just read an interview with the showrunner and basically he admitted as much.  I am not impressed.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Yep.  And of course they are still in their pitching the idea that George and Mary are both cheating (if only in their hearts).  I just read an interview with the showrunner and basically he admitted as much.  I am not impressed.

I'm not a big fan of YS Mary (although I loved BBT Mary) but if they are doing this to make George's cheating seem less wrong that is a real shitty thing to do.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, ChitChat said:

ETA:  The sweetest moment was when Georgie walked into the waiting room and told his family "she's here!"  The smile on his face was so sweet. 

That actor is doing a great job.  I liked it when he asked Mandy who she wanted there and shooed everyone out.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Mstk3000 said:

I may be the only person who feels this way, but personally I don't care about "canon."  I would be fine if the show were based upon the Sheldon character from TBBT but departed radically from the backstory depicted on that show.  In fact I would prefer it.  I have no desire to see the Cooper family destroyed by infidelity and/or George's premature death.  I would much rather see the writers continue to create new storylines for this likeable group of characters as their lives evolve (like Georgie's adapting to life as a father).

I can understand why you and others may not want to see some of those elements unfold on screen. But my issue stems from the fact that Young Sheldon is derived directly from the life and characters laid down by TBBT. I would be interested in a sitcom about a family who has a super-genius son and is dealing with everyday life. But that’s not this show, and I feel like the writers keep trying to have it both ways and coming up short for both parties. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, MsNewsradio said:

But that’s not this show, and I feel like the writers keep trying to have it both ways and coming up short for both parties. 

I understand both sides of the argument.  As I've said before, I'd prefer they not follow BBT when it comes to George being a jerk because if it goes down that road, I'll probably tune out.  It was okay to hear about it on TBBT, but I don't actually want to see it played out on YS.  It's a serious topic and a downer for the show.  The marital problems have already been weighing it down.  

• Like 14
45 minutes ago, MsNewsradio said:

But that’s not this show, and I feel like the writers keep trying to have it both ways and coming up short for both parties. 

That's exactly my problem.  Why, if they were never going to actually follow what was said on BBT, did they ever have to have this imploding marriage, and the hints of adultery in the first place? Why, why, why??  Either stick to the story as originally told or else don't do it at all!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

How many more seasons are there going to be?  Sheldon should be going to Germany soon right? And Mary goes with him I think.

He was 15 but in that timeline George was still living.  She had to go back to Texas to help George because "the house slipped off its cinder blocks again".

Watched the episode tonight and I admit it :small voice: I kinda liked it.  Lots of good lines and while I am not happy about the way they are toying with Mary having a crush on Rob (and possibly having the crush reciprocated) I did like that Mary has had her eyes opened to the George/Brenda "affair".  I also really liked the way Mandy's mother melted when the baby was born.  I don't know if this means they are going to let Mandy have a better relationship with her Mom going forward but it was nice to see the parents happy about being grandparents.

Also, while there is wiggle room for them to walk this back, I did feel that they were pretty much coming out and saying that there was more going on between Brenda and George than we've seen on the show.  That flirting and the innuendos were pretty blatant IMO.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

To he honest, while I agree with the way you all are saying Sheldon is being portrayed, I think the bigger problem is teen Iain isn't the actor child Iain was.

There was a line Ian delivered in this episode in which both the vocal inflections and the facial expressions revealed a lot. 
It made me think that the other 99% of the time Ian is being directed to portray Sheldon as robotic. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 4
15 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I had to go back and rewind.  It was very subtle.  I didn't interpret it that way on first viewing.  Can go either way.   Cheers to the eagle eyed folks who spotted it. 

I noticed it, and is it me or does Melissa Peterman look like she's lost a little bit of weight?  It was hard to tell because they had her dressed in a large tunic top she's worn before.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

There was a line Ian delivered in this episode in which both the vocal inflections and the facial expressions revealed a lot. 
It made me think that the other 99% of the time Ian is being directed to portray Sheldon as robotic. 

I was hoping that as Sheldon became a teenager the show would start to make him resemble TBBT Sheldon more in his overall body language and delivery, but that has yet to happen.  I feel like his lines are being written to be more like elder Sheldon's but he's not evolving to resemble Jim Parson's delivery of them.  I'm not sure who's to blame for this, the show or Ian or a bit of both.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

The problem is that this show is suppose to be all about Sheldon with his family as back players. In BBT - Sheldon was part of an ensemble and alot of epsiodes focused on other BBT characters with Sheldon as second player in the background or not even in the episode at all.

They could be doing so much with Young Sheldon that was mentioned in BBT.  Like the time he went to the Dixie Trek convention and Wheaton didn't show. Or the dance lessons for the cotillion?  Or his relationship with Tam who now is non existent. 

I agree, I'm not against the show introducing different characters around which young Sheldon revolved, and storylines for him written not mentioned on TBBT, but it would have been nice to have a few more of the incidents mentioned on TBBT covered on this show.  

14 hours ago, Silver-hyren said:

Aw man, I forgot all about Tam!

I agree, Ian is still an excellent actor when he’s given something to do.  Was it last season they had the scene where Sheldon was dreaming and Ian played all the other characters?  Or heck, just compare Real!Ian to Sheldon - he is completely different. The other characters have just become more developed and have their own storylines so instead of them reacting to his wackiness he has to be inserted into/react to what’s going in with them.

I think the difference between this show and TBBT is that here Sheldon doesn't make himself the center of attention despite everyone's efforts to drown him out like he did on TBBT.  Here he is drowned out and instead has to fight to even be a part of the scene.  And it comes off awkwardly at that, like he is an afterthought by the writers interjecting himself.  The world goes on around him and he is on the sidelines as clueless as ever.  On TBBT he seemed to find a way to make everything about himself and the others had to pause to accommodate his cluelessness and selfishness.

10 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm not a big fan of YS Mary (although I loved BBT Mary) but if they are doing this to make George's cheating seem less wrong that is a real shitty thing to do.

I agree, but I see it as a totally Chuck Lorre-esque thing to do.  I suppose it may have been a matter of trying to make everyone guilty so as to make everyone seem less guilty.  It's a shitty thing to do to Mary's character but if it is what gets her to change into more of the Mary we knew on TBBT it might not be such a bad thing.  She's got to stop being so rigid at some point.

7 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

That's exactly my problem.  Why, if they were never going to actually follow what was said on BBT, did they ever have to have this imploding marriage, and the hints of adultery in the first place? Why, why, why??  Either stick to the story as originally told or else don't do it at all!!

I can see the show taking a few liberties with this but I agree with you that the hinting around while not ever going through with it seems pointless and like a tease for people who expect the show to follow TBBT canon on the adultery.  Either do it or don't do it but stop with the teasing!

• Like 3

Robotic Sheldon to me is emphasized by Iain’s ever-deepening voice.  I swear his tone is already deeper than anyone’s was on the main BBT cast.

Missy felt more reactionary to me than normal and they weren’t playing to Reagan’s strengths.  I hope this bloated cast doesn’t sideline her.

When the baby is released from the hospital Constance and Mandy are going to sleep in Meemaw’s spare room?  And Meemaw and Mary are going to sleep in Connie’s bed, while Georgie sleeps in the garage, Missy and George sleep in their rooms and Sheldon is at college?  And was it explained why Sheldon was even home when Mandy went into labor?

Interesting that rather than even try to talk to George about what is going on before the baby comes home Mary just goes to sleep at mommy’s house.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

When the baby is released from the hospital Constance and Mandy are going to sleep in Meemaw’s spare room?  

I think that she'll go back to her parent's house.  Her father was already excited about being a grandpa, and now her mom seems to have a better attitude, so I think that's where she'll end up at.  Of course, they might go completely away from TBBT version of Georgie and he and Mandy could end up together and live happily ever after! 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Of course, they might go completely away from TBBT version of Georgie and he and Mandy could end up together and live happily ever after! 

I don't know what the end game is with Mandy and Georgie but I will be very surprised if Georgie doesn't end up working for her dad.  It would just be too strange IMO for them to have him own a tire store (garage?  something in that line) and not have Georgie take over the business at some point!

• Like 6
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Interesting that rather than even try to talk to George about what is going on before the baby comes home Mary just goes to sleep at mommy’s house.

I think they need to sit down and talk but not in the heat of the moment.  Mary is feeling some guilt about her crush on Rob but more importantly she's now putting 2 and 2 together about George and Brenda and she needs to process that.  George, of course, is trying to twist things so that it's all on Mary and he's an innocent victim.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

does Melissa Peterman look like she's lost a little bit of weight?  It was hard to tell because they had her dressed in a large tunic top she's worn before.

Why does this matter? 

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I think that she'll go back to her parent's house.  Her father was already excited about being a grandpa, and now her mom seems to have a better attitude, so I think that's where she'll end up at.  Of course, they might go completely away from TBBT version of Georgie and he and Mandy could end up together and live happily ever after! 

They showed Georgie assembling the crib in Mandy's bedroom at Connie's house, so my assumption is that she and the baby will continue to live at Connie's house until they find a way to write Mandy off the show if they have any plans to keep to that part of BBT Canon.

Edited by Sailorgirl26
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Of course, they might go completely away from TBBT version of Georgie and he and Mandy could end up together and live happily ever after! 

Hasn't Sheldon previously referred to Georgie's first wife in a voiceover? Or am I thinking of something said in BBT?

(edited)
28 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Hasn't Sheldon previously referred to Georgie's first wife in a voiceover? Or am I thinking of something said in BBT?

In the BBT finale Sheldon definitely says Georgie has at least two ex-wives.  One of them could be Mandy - but that would mean they wait until he's 19 to marry as there is a mention on an earlier episode of Young Sheldon that Georgie marries for the first time at 19. 

I get them messing with stuff said on BBT - but it's weird if they do it with stuff said on BBT after YS was already on the air, and especially if they change things now that they said on YS itself.  Talk about confusing!

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, LisaM said:

Loved that they named the baby after MeeMaw. 

I felt bad for Mandy's mom though upon hearing that.  I know that stung a little bit!

5 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

In the BBT finale Sheldon definitely says Georgie has at least two ex-wives.  One of them could be Mandy - but that would mean they wait until he's 19 to marry as there is a mention on an earlier episode of Young Sheldon that Georgie marries for the first time at 19. 

Seeing how sweet Georgie has been to Mandy, I find myself rooting for those two!  

• Like 2
On 3/3/2023 at 9:41 AM, ChitChat said:

The sweetest moment was when Georgie walked into the waiting room and told his family "she's here!"  The smile on his face was so sweet. 

I also liked when Georgie came into Mandy's room and threw everybody out.  Way to take charge, daddy.

On 3/3/2023 at 12:46 PM, Hab said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Georgie is not really the baby’s father? 

I hope it's just you.

• Like 7

The problem with trying to make the  cheating alcoholic storyline from TBBT match up to this show is that there, Sheldon’s father was just a name from the distant past with no actual relevance to the show. You can make him seem as bad as you want because it didn’t matter. But here he’s an actual main character that we are supposed to like. 

Didn’t George and Brenda kiss? The story has been dragging on for so long that I don’t remember but I thought that happened.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2023 at 6:40 PM, shura said:

I don’t know if Mary is not admitting it to herself, but she knows she is attracted to Rob.

Why?  He looks like he could be her son.......with a moustache. 

• LOL 8
On 3/4/2023 at 12:49 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

I get them messing with stuff said on BBT - but it's weird if they do it with stuff said on BBT after YS was already on the air, and especially if they change things now that they said on YS itself.  Talk about confusing!

👏

This, big time.

I watched TBBT, so I know what is supposedly "canon" and I don't care. Young Sheldon was a charming family show, until it wasn't anymore. I'm not even paying much attention as I'm watching now. I hate where they've gone with the show, and I especially hate the scripts that poor Iain is being asked to act. We know this kid is a talented young actor and all he's now being asked to play is obnoxious. That may follow Sheldon's character, but it doesn't make for good TV when the title character has become the one character that I don't want to see on my screen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 3/3/2023 at 4:34 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

George is the one who jealousy confronted Brenda over her "secret boyfriend". Mary keeps her crush to herself.

5 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

George is the one who jealousy confronted Brenda over her "secret boyfriend". Mary keeps her crush to herself.

I have no idea why they decided to have Mary develop a crush on Rob -  but that's all it ever was, and all it ever would have been.  George, on the other hand definitely has been playing with fire.  If they do go forward with making what each has done the same thing I am going to be really angry.  

• Like 2
(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 11:46 AM, Hab said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Georgie is not really the baby’s father? 

Would be interesting (which means it probably won't happen), but based on what?

Edited by Tom Holmberg
On 3/2/2023 at 8:55 PM, kay1864 said:

Where WAS George Sr? Seems like either he or Mary should’ve been on standby. Although with Georgie buying the car seat, maybe they thought it would be a few more days?

I assumed he was at work.  I thought Missy said something about him being late due to coaching.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:55 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

I've said this a lot since I started watching YS but here goes another one "if they make the Mary and Rob thing even remotely equivalent to Brenda and George I am outa here".  

For me, it is fairly equivalent though.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:44 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

IMO Pastor Rob looks like a Hobbit.  Certainly not crush material. 

He's sort of cute, in a not entirely finished baking sort of way.  Not really my type, but I can Mary being attracted to his wholesome/tiny bit of bad boy air.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:45 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

And then he's written in the most extreme kind of self-centered autistic spectrum person who has no understanding about what others are feeling.

Which fits with his adult self.

On 3/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

I think making YS Mary so religious this would not be considered goes hand in hand with them softening George and making him a decent person and a decent father - which was not a message you ever got on BBT! 

Mary being uber-religious IS perfectly in line with BBT.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Mary being uber-religious IS perfectly in line with BBT.

I was referencing the change in George's character, not Mary's so much.

13 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:
On 3/2/2023 at 8:55 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

I've said this a lot since I started watching YS but here goes another one "if they make the Mary and Rob thing even remotely equivalent to Brenda and George I am outa here".  

For me, it is fairly equivalent though.

For me there is a huge difference between having a little crush on someone and being on the edge of committing adultery.  I don't think George and Brenda are there yet, but they are close.  I don't believe that Mary would ever let things go further with Rob than it has - I'll give the writers credit here, they are IMO making it clear that Mary has done nothing she needs to be sorry for.  George?  Can't say that about George. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

For me there is a huge difference between having a little crush on someone and being on the edge of committing adultery.  I don't think George and Brenda are there yet, but they are close.  I don't believe that Mary would ever let things go further with Rob than it has - I'll give the writers credit here, they are IMO making it clear that Mary has done nothing she needs to be sorry for.  George?  Can't say that about George. 

Actually at this point George hasn't actually done anything he needs to be sorry about either.  He and Brenda were getting close to that at the bar but not since.  So I still think the situations are more equivalent than not.

• Like 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Actually at this point George hasn't actually done anything he needs to be sorry about either.  He and Brenda were getting close to that at the bar but not since.  So I still think the situations are more equivalent than not.

Meeting in secret multiple times in the chicken coop is very different from going out to eat in a public restaurant.  George feels like he is doing something wrong, but he enjoys that feeling.  In this episode alone, he reminds Brenda about that heart attack she "gave" him, and when she demurs, he refers to that "something else" she almost gave him (approximate wording) while grinning happily at the memory.  He enjoys reminding her of how they almost went there, and it is not appropriate.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:44 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

IMO Pastor Rob looks like a Hobbit.  Certainly not crush material. 

It is not about his looks.  It is about the fact that he listens to her and values her opinion (not counting this latest inappropriate request for her to tell him if he should stay or go).  That is more important to Mary right now than pure sexual attraction.

I'm somewhat concerned that Rob will show up when Mary is alone, they will kiss, she will immediately feel regret and confess to George, and that will give George the excuse he is looking for to cheat with Brenda.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Meeting in secret multiple times in the chicken coop is very different from going out to eat in a public restaurant.  George feels like he is doing something wrong, but he enjoys that feeling.  In this episode alone, he reminds Brenda about that heart attack she "gave" him, and when she demurs, he refers to that "something else" she almost gave him (approximate wording) while grinning happily at the memory.  He enjoys reminding her of how they almost went there, and it is not appropriate.

Eh, he's enjoying some secret flirtation.  Mary's not quite at that point, but she's not far from it.  Even Missy thought she was acting squirrelly when Pastor Rob came over to the house and Mary definitely felt like that was inappropriate.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Like 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I'm somewhat concerned that Rob will show up when Mary is alone, they will kiss, she will immediately feel regret and confess to George, and that will give George the excuse he is looking for to cheat with Brenda.

This is the route I see them potentially taking as well and I am not happy about it!  So far they've gone to pains to show that Mary has done nothing wrong (however much she may be tempted) but George, on more than one occasion, has expressed jealousy about Pastor Rob.  I can see George accusing Mary of having an affair because that way he doesn't need to feel guilty when he pursues Brenda and goes a lot further than they have up to now.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Eh, he's enjoying some secret flirtation.  Mary's not quite at that point, but she's not far from it.  Even Missy thought she was acting squirrelly when Pastor Rob came over to the house and Mary definitely felt like that was inappropriate.

To me the difference is that "secret flirtation" is wrong for a married person, and is even worse when it is with someone who is a neighbor, "friend" (from Mary's point of view), and coworker of the spouse.  And not done out in the open, at a cocktail party, for instance, so it can be seen as somewhat harmless.

Missy saw how her mother reacted when Pastor Rob came over, and she may have discerned that Mary was uncomfortable because she felt some attraction to him.  But Mary did not invite Rob over, is not meeting with him in secret, is not referring to past incidents between them, and is not constantly trying to "secretly flirt" with him. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

To me the difference is that "secret flirtation" is wrong for a married person, and is even worse when it is with someone who is a neighbor, "friend" (from Mary's point of view), and coworker of the spouse.  And not done out in the open, at a cocktail party, for instance, so it can be seen as somewhat harmless.

Missy saw how her mother reacted when Pastor Rob came over, and she may have discerned that Mary was uncomfortable because she felt some attraction to him.  But Mary did not invite Rob over, is not meeting with him in secret, is not referring to past incidents between them, and is not constantly trying to "secretly flirt" with him. 

Eh, Mary's only slightly less farther down the path, imo.  We'll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

To me the difference is that "secret flirtation" is wrong for a married person, and is even worse when it is with someone who is a neighbor, "friend" (from Mary's point of view), and coworker of the spouse.

If all that was happening between George and Brenda was a secret flirtation then the writers don't seem to have a handle on what flirting involves!  Secret meetings in chicken coops?  Brenda telling her friends she has a a married boyfriend? George making innuendos that have Brenda all flustered and giggly?  Something happened between them at some point, that was way more than flirting - but I think way less than an actual physical encounter (but I think this is being written in such a way that it could go either way).  

But honest to god if all that has been happening here is harmless flirtation you have to wonder why the writers have bothered.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I have no idea why they decided to have Mary develop a crush on Rob -  but that's all it ever was, and all it ever would have been. 

Pastor Rob was attentive and seemed to care about Mary's problems.  That wasn't something she was getting from George at the time.  I think Mary was walking a very fine line of going the way of an emotional affair rather than a physical one.  Mary & George were having problems and that's why it bothered him so much when he pulled up in the church parking lot that night (a teen sleep-in thing at the church), and he went there to talk to her, but instead he saw them outside in the parking lot smoking cigarettes.  I can understand why that bothered him, but he should've talked to her about it at the time.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And in contrast to George's latest references to his "almost/maybe" with Brenda prior to his heart attack, when Mary tells Rob to follow his heart (and I truly don't think that was a reference to how he felt about her) and he asked what if another organ was involved, she appeared embarrassed and told him he was awful.

That’s not what happened though.  Let’s go to Instant Replay (courtesy of TV Show Transcripts):

Mary: I would miss having you around, but I think you need to follow your heart.

Rob: What if my heart doesn't know what it wants?

Mary: I don't know. Pick a different organ.

Rob: Mary Cooper!

Mary: Oh, grow up. ( laughs ) That's not what I meant. ( snickers )

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I can understand why that bothered him, but he should've talked to her about it at the time.  

I'd forgotten about that, and you're right.  I think a spouse with a guilty conscience themselves, like George, would have wondered if something was going on.  I guess they didn't have George say anything because at that point in the show they were still building up tension.

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I think a spouse with a guilty conscience themselves, like George, would have wondered if something was going on.

IIRC, smoking a cigarette was something she hid from everybody but George.  He made a comment about it one time when they were sitting on the patio one evening discussing some issue going on with one of the kids (I think it was about one of them.)  Seeing her sitting there with Pastor Rob smoking a cigarette and laughing appeared to be a sort of intimate thing in George's eyes.  They've become too familiar with each other.  

George needs to quit going to see Brenda in the shed too.  Just cut ties with her and be done with it!! 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I agree. I feel like George and Mary are both in emotional affair territory with George and Brenda closer to crossing the line. 

I’m not yet sure if they are doing this solely to “justify” George having an affair or if they are going to show George and Mary separating first. Both scenarios fit what was described on TBBT.