Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16 : Melting Pot Meltdown

• Start Topic

In the season finale.......Lisa stands up for herself against her mother-in-law; Peter confides in his father about his mom; Nicole and her dad confront their issues; Guerdy hosts a melting pot party where Adriana pleads with Alexia and Marysol for forgiveness.

Edited by Keywestclubkid

Alexia and Marisol can fucking kick rocks .. You both dragged Adriana with NO apology that the man she was seeing was married ON national television then doubled down on it even after proof was brought. At least Adriana apologized.. those two are just two miserable cows 

• Like 14
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

I make no apologies for what Adriana said to either Alexia or Marisol. Both comments were absolutely terrible (the one to Alexia obviously much more so). And I don't know the timeline of how much time passed between the Bahamas and Guerdy's party. Yes, it can take time to forgive someone for hurting you. But that said, I thought both of their reactions to Adriana were so graceless. As far as Housewives apologies go, Adriana's was one of the better ones I've seen. Not perfect, but it felt really sincere to me. She knew what she said was horrible, that she hurt them, and that she was wrong. And there was no "If you felt offended by what I said" bullshit. If Alexia and Marisol had simply acknowledged her apology and told her they needed more time to get over what she said, I would've understood that. But instead, they both acted like total assholes, especially in light of the way Alexia didn't even attempt to apologize for that fuckery with Adriana's boyfriend. 

Moments like the cooking scene with Frankie always remind me why I want to like Alexia, but the way she thinks she can do and say whatever she wants without ever having to apologize to others while also expecting everyone who wrongs her to grovel at her feet makes me hate her.

What a contrast between her and Nicole. Nicole has had decades of feeling hurt and let down by her father, but when he explained his point of view, she listened and had enough empathy to realize that even if he made the wrong choices, he did them for what he thought were the right reasons. Obviously, they have a lot more to talk about and discuss, but her willingness to listen and consider more than just her own feelings is a real basis for growth and healing. I liked her last season, but I really grew to love her this season.

• Like 15
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

@KenyaJget out of my brain, I was thinking all the same things! Adriana made a heartfelt apology but it's not enough. Marysol and Alexia want to make her suffer for it and then they still won't accept it. 

Why did we waste 5 minutes in the season finale on a segment with Peter and his dad?

I surprisingly liked Larsa in this episode 🤪 when she was saying "Adriana just wants attention" and then started blowing smoke up Adriana's ass, I thought that was funny. And when Adriana was talking about what a hard time she's had, Larsa said "you know we're here right?". There may not be many things genuine about Larsa (her ass for starters) but she actually seemed genuine in that moment. 

• Like 13

Peters dads dead tooth when he smiled took me out

16 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I surprisingly liked Larsa in this episode 🤪 when she was saying "Adriana just wants attention" and then started blowing smoke up Adriana's ass, I thought that was funny. And when Adriana was talking about what a hard time she's had, Larsa said "you know we're here right?". There may not be many things genuine about Larsa (her ass for starters) but she actually seemed genuine in that moment. 

I think this is the only time i have kinda liked Larsa .. this is what a friend does when you are down you do everything to make them feel better that is pretty much the definition of being a friend ... the way she was kinda implying it tho made it sound bullshit like she didn't want to to it but because its Adriana just bullshit her

• Like 6

We're all more or less on the same page regarding the ladies.

Anyone recommend a new Housewife city or Bravo/Peacock show for me to begin? With Miami almost done, Salt Lake done, and BH on hiatus, I'd love something new to watch even if I'm still binging through RHONY and look forward to Girls Trip. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Peters dads dead tooth when he smiled took me out

I think this is the only time i have kinda liked Larsa .. this is what a friend does when you are down you do everything to make them feel better that is pretty much the definition of being a friend ... the way she was kinda implying it tho made it sound bullshit like she didn't want to to it but because its Adriana just bullshit her

I was more concerned by his T-shirt with CARTEL across his chest

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Why did we waste 5 minutes in the season finale on a segment with Peter and his dad?

How else would we be able to find out that Peter got a $250,000 bank loan and was ready to go to Puerto Rico to look at property...to which I thought it was total bullshit, he has no collateral, no job, seriously how would he expect anyone to believe he could get a loan and why buy property, for what?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How else would we be able to find out that Peter got a $250,000 bank loan and was ready to go to Puerto Rico to look at property...to which I thought it was total bullshit, he has no collateral, no job, seriously how would he expect anyone to believe he could get a loan and why buy property, for what?

I think it was $350k.  And peter....just leave.  You're a punk ass just like your dad. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Anyone recommend a new Housewife city or Bravo/Peacock show for me to begin? With Miami almost done, Salt Lake done, and BH on hiatus, I'd love something new to watch even if I'm still binging through RHONY and look forward to Girls Trip. 

Vancouver is beyond belief. The women are so psychotic that it is a train wreck your eyes can't turn away from. There is some real estate that is awesome beyond belief although I believe several years after airing the money was found to be illicit - but what else is new?

Melbourne was enjoyable as well. I haven't seen Sydney or Toronto but I have read they are pretty awesome as well.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Which ones of the older ones did you watch already (on top of what you mentioned)? OC? Atlanta?

• Like 2
(edited)

If you  get Peacock there is an old show called Gallery Girls which captured a certain New York City gestalt.

From the same era, there is a show about five Black women in New York City called Blood, Sweat and Heels. They were younger than the housewives and it was from an era when the shows were not as formulaic. I really like that one and the story of Daisy, one of the women, was really heartbreaking. 

Edited by amarante
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, amarante said:

Vancouver is beyond belief. The women are so psychotic that it is a train wreck your eyes can't turn away from. There is some real estate that is awesome beyond belief although I believe several years after airing the money was found to be illicit - but what else is new?

Melbourne was enjoyable as well. I haven't seen Sydney or Toronto but I have read they are pretty awesome as well.

Looks like I would need Tubi to watch Vancouver and maybe some of the others. Anyone use that? I mostly use Peacock for my Housewife fix. 

7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Which ones of the older ones did you watch already (on top of what you mentioned)? OC? Atlanta?

Other than Miami, I've watched Beverly Hills, Dallas, Miami, Salt Lake and now New York. I've heard OC and Atlanta are both very good. I'm just so behind since they've been around forever. But I'm open to all the cities! I was thinking maybe Dubai since I wouldn't have much catching up to do. 

6 hours ago, amarante said:

If you  get Peacock there is an old show called Gallery Girls which captured a certain New York City gestalt.

From the same era, there is a show about five Bosch women in Jew York City. They were younger than the housewives and it was from an era when the shows were not as formulaic. I really like that one and the story of Daisy, one of the women, was really heartbreaking. 

I never heard of Gallery Girls, it sounds fun!

What is the name of the other show?

Thanks so much everyone! Also, let me know if I should take the discussion somewhere else. I don't think I saw a general chat thread for Miami. 

@ZettaKThanks for directing me to small talk! Taking any other non-Miami Housewife chat there . . .

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Looks like I would need Tubi to watch Vancouver and maybe some of the others. Anyone use that? I mostly use Peacock for my Housewife fix. 

Other than Miami, I've watched Beverly Hills, Dallas, Miami, Salt Lake and now New York. I've heard OC and Atlanta are both very good. I'm just so behind since they've been around forever. But I'm open to all the cities! I was thinking maybe Dubai since I wouldn't have much catching up to do. 

I never heard of Gallery Girls, it sounds fun!

What is the name of the other show?

Thanks so much everyone! Also, let me know if I should take the discussion somewhere else. I don't think I saw a general chat thread for Miami. 

@ZettaKThanks for directing me to small talk! Taking any other non-Miami Housewife chat there . . .

I probably did watch it on Tubi. I had googled some housewives franchises and then downloaded the App to stream. The viewing experience was fine on Tubi except of course for the commercials as I am spoiled with DVR and streaming services without ads.

The show about the black women in New York is called Blood Sweat and Heels.I think there were two seasons

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I just started watching it on Tubi. It is free. Lots of commercials but that’s why its “free “.

Would love to “watch it with someone”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, wallies said:

I watched the first 2 episodes of Vancouver yesterday on Tubi. So far it seems worth it. Can only see about 1-3 episodes per week due to my schedule. 

Jody and her daughter are beyond annoying 

• Like 1
On 3/3/2023 at 11:30 AM, RealHousewife said:

Don't sleep on Family Karma! Best new show to grace Bravo in years. The drama is real and the cast is awesome--especially the older set of aunties. I'm also watching Real Housewives of Melbourne on Tubi and it has been entertaining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
On 3/3/2023 at 11:30 AM, RealHousewife said:

Beverly Hills is not on hiatus. It is filming already, including two HW events.

Edited by ZettaK
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Beverly Hills is not on hiatus. It is filming already, including two events.

True. I always use hiatus when there’s a break between seasons, whether they’re filming or not. If that is incorrect, my bad. 😉

Gallery Girls was early 2000’s. Bravo brought it back during the pandemic, and is was like a time capsule, I loved that show! Also here for Family Karma, a favorite of mine for sure. 

• Like 1
On 3/7/2023 at 11:42 AM, RealHousewife said:

True. I always use hiatus when there’s a break between seasons, whether they’re filming or not. If that is incorrect, my bad. 😉

I just wanted to inform the BH HWs fans that the show is filming, and that it was not a long break. 

On 3/2/2023 at 8:22 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Alexia and Marisol can fucking kick rocks .. You both dragged Adriana with NO apology that the man she was seeing was married ON national television then doubled down on it even after proof was brought. At least Adriana apologized.. those two are just two miserable cows 

This! Alexia and Marisol are fucking awful. Anyone can see that Adriana is going through something. Her bawling to the poor rage counselor lady in The Bahamas was very telling. They're supposed to be some of her oldest, closest friends and they ignore her, make fun of her, and generally treat her like shit. Adriana said some out of pocket stuff, felt bad about it, and apologized (and an actual real apology at that!). Whether you accept the apology or not, just say so and move the fuck on instead of trying to tear her apart when she's already low. A 55 year old Regina and Gretchen are not cute. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I didn’t like Alexia from the start, but I dislike her even more now. She is horrible. I can’t believe she wouldn’t even apologize to Adriana for getting it wrong about the guy being married. Yet she makes Adriana grovel and still won’t accept her apology. 

Alexia has many narcissistic traits. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2023 at 3:08 PM, Sweet-tea said:

I didn’t like Alexia from the start, but I dislike her even more now. She is horrible. I can’t believe she wouldn’t even apologize to Adriana for getting it wrong about the guy being married. Yet she makes Adriana grovel and still won’t accept her apology. 

Alexia has many narcissistic traits. 

One has to be narcissistic enough to participate in a show like this. There are levels of narcissism, of course.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

Peter is such a loser. He was trying to seem cool in front of his equally loser dad. Like how would he get a loan to buy a house. He has no job and no money probably. Pls. Alexia is an enabler but not sure why that little loser deserves an apology.

Alexia and Marisol do not look good with their mesh girl attitudes.

I’m liking Lisa. Her little speech was nice.

I know I’m late to this but I hope Martina is doing ok with her cancer and treatment.

Lenny is such a piece of shit.

Adriana is pretty crazy and her comment about Frankie was idiotic but it’s not the end of the world.

Fuck stupid Larsa at the reunion already.

• Like 3

I’ve never been a fan of Adriana but her apologies to Alexia and Marysol were sincere. If they don’t accept then just move on, they are not your friends. 
I’m surprised the next season is November 1, the same day Bev Hills is on. I don’t know if I can handle both shows on the same day. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 10/4/2023 at 10:41 PM, Straycat80 said:

I’ve never been a fan of Adriana but her apologies to Alexia and Marysol were sincere. If they don’t accept then just move on, they are not your friends. 
I’m surprised the next season is November 1, the same day Bev Hills is on. I don’t know if I can handle both shows on the same day. 

Yes, the apologies were sincere because Adriana realized she made a terrible faux pas. 

But she had no reason after five years to tell Marisol that her ex boyfriend (husband?) asked her out (the dating app requires the female to contact a match first, so she really went after him), and that he told her he never loved Marisol. Her lame excuse is that she has ADD, that's why she blurts out all the inappropriate details. 

Edited by ZettaK

Does Frankie spend time with his dad too?  Speaking of, what a nice choice of shirt to wear during filming.

Marisol and Alexia could have accepted the apology. They are so uptight and mean when they are together. Marisol is over the top with her cockies. She seems obsessed with her weight too. Adriana’s comment wasn’t that bad and her apology seemed sincere.

On 10/8/2023 at 5:37 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

How does she drink so much yet remain so thin? Lots of empty calories being ingested. 

That's a good question.  It's obvious she doesn't really eat, and the "doctor", or whatever he was at the spa she went with Alexia said he gave her the injections in order to stay thin (I assume one of the semaglutides).