Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: After the Altar Part3

• Start Topic

SK and Raven, Colleen & Matt, Brennan & Alexa

I was surprised to see SK shopping for a ring for Raven because I read awhile back that he was cheating on her the whole time he was in school. And the rumors were right.

Let's see if this merges again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
10 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

SK and Raven, Colleen & Matt, Brennan & Alexa

I was surprised to see SK shopping for a ring for Raven because I read awhile back that he was cheating on her the whole time he was in school. And the rumors were right.

Let's see if this merges again.

Is this episode 15?

To say this in the nicest way possible, Zanab needs real therapy. Her issues and insecurities are not Cole's fault. He may be immature but he's not mean-spirited and I firmly believe he was shocked by her comments at the altar. He's respected her space, said very little publicly or otherwise, yet she continues to bad mouth him a year later? She needs to work on herself and not blame others for how she feels about herself. 

Colleen appears uncomfortable with Matt and rightfully so. His inability to respect her personal boundaries, constantly touching & poking her when she asks him to stop, is a sign of control. Her concern with the number of drinks he's had tells me that his behavior gets worse when he's drunk.  His parents seem concerned about them as well. it's not going to get better, I hope they don't buy a house. I'm concerned for the dog too, why won't he get him neutered?

Nancy looked better as a brunette. This must've been filmed before the reunion since Bartisse remarked on the change like it was new. I liked her Mom's question of what she gains from being friends with him. Nothing, cut him out. 

Raven's the only one who looked good as a blonde. Funny how many of us have come to like her when she appeared to be cast in the villain role. SK was a busy guy, why'd he even bother to propose again?  Feel like his brother knew about the affair(s) and was giving him a strong side-eye. 

Something has always seemed off with Brennan. Here's a nugget. He was arrested for domestic violence just before the show started filming. Alexa's family seems off as well. She seems too sexually open with Dad if that makes sense. Feel like she just says things for shock value. All the overt anger towards Cole was unnecessary. Worry about yourself.

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1

In the end this felt kinda... thrown together.  Nothing felt new or interesting.  Like S1 where we got a lot of Mark tea and we saw how well Kenny had moved on and they redeemed Jessica and we saw how Diamond and LC were BFFs.  And even though I was never an Amber/Barnett fan or even liked her really, they come out heads and shoulders above everybody on this show (except maybe Raven and Cole).  I read somewhere that Alexa said she and Brennon are the new Lauren and Cam and I'm like... Cam would nevah.  He is dead ass in love with Lauren but he never comes off as whipped. 

I feel like the show tried to rehab Matt's reputation.  They showed him all jokey and smiley.   Trying to make it seem like he and Colleen just butt heads all the time and are equal offenders.  But Colleen and Matt are so … offf. They feel like a green card marriage or something.  They don’t act like they are married or even dating seriously.  They act like they’ve only been dating for a month and just aren’t sure about each other.  Their vibe is just weird.  Matt’s parents saying marriage is work is 100% correct.  But man, it shouldn’t be that difficult in the beginning.  There is work and then there is hard labor.  LOL.

Also was that really Colleen’s apartment or did they just say that because she didn’t want them to film in her real apartment? Because that place looked un-lived in and sterile.  Like the model apartment in a complex they tour new people.  There wasn't even a  coffee table. Just two sad looking mis-matched couches.

SK’s brother “Ask them about cancellations and returns just in case.”  This is pretty hysterical in hindsight.  That as a pretty ring.  I hope Raven kept it.  But man I could not watch that travesty knowing what we now know about SK.

Raven’s shirt dress was super cute this episode.  Actually Raven looked great all three episodes.

So, did we just see a live example of how Zanab and Cole’s relationship works within the bigger LIB group dynamic?

We saw how the conversation with down between the two of them.  And sidebar:  as much as I have castigated Cole as being immature I thought he was very mature and thoughtful in his conversation with Zay.  You could tell he was still reeling under her ‘No’ at the altar and this is the only chance he’s had to get some clarity about it with her.  And in what I feel is a lot of growth, when she tried to make the conversation devolve,  Cole steered it back and tried to get them to a place of peace.  And even Zay  caught herself one or twice with the interruption.  So props to them both.

But then she went back to her girl group and represented the conversation in a way that I feel isn’t exactly how we just witnessed it go down.  I just found it odd that she characterized herself as this woman who put her foot down and made a statement of strength to this man “I said what I said and I’m done” when that as … not my takeaway.

I learned that this was actually filmed before the reunion.  So I understand so much better Cole’s  state of mind at the reunion with them ganging up on him when he felt he had put a lot of bad feeling to bed with Zay with this conversation.  He felt blindsided so I get it and feel even more bad for him for the shitshow that was the reunion.

• Like 7

Yeah I think it was filmed before the reunion.  The actual Pods/Honeymon/Weddings all took place during the Summer of 2021.  Zanab and Cole both say they haven't talked to each other in a year, which puts this somewhere at least Summer 2022.  Alexa's birthday is either August or September, depending on what site you believe.  Most say September.  So this would have been filmed in September of 2022 at the latest.

The show aired October-November 2022.   The Reunion had to have been filmed after the show aired because they talked about watching some stuff back.  I do think some of the Talking Heads for After the Altar were inserted after the Reunion, though.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I feel like the show tried to rehab Matt's reputation.  They showed him all jokey and smiley.   Trying to make it seem like he and Colleen just butt heads all the time and are equal offenders. 

Well, if they were rehabbing Matt they seemed to be doing the opposite for Colleen.  What she was giving off seemed like an awful lot of negative and kind of putting him down, particularly the jabs about his stature.  One doesn't seem much better than the other at this point.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:30 PM, snarts said:

Something has always seemed off with Brennan. Here's a nugget. He was arrested for domestic violence just before the show started filming. Alexa's family seems off as well. She seems too sexually open with Dad if that makes sense. Feel like she just says things for shock value. All the overt anger towards Cole was unnecessary. Worry about yourself.

I get the vibe they are trying (and failing) to outdo Cameron & Lauren as being the big success stories of the show.  They're both kind of annoying in many ways.  Far too smug at the very least.  As for Alexa's personal style, I'm all for body positivity but I'm also for dressing to flatter your personal body type in order to look good and well put together.  

On 2/13/2023 at 12:30 PM, snarts said:

Raven's the only one who looked good as a blonde. Funny how many of us have come to like her when she appeared to be cast in the villain role. SK was a busy guy, why'd he even bother to propose again?  Feel like his brother knew about the affair(s) and was giving him a strong side-eye. 

My question is who was paying for the apartment they supposedly had together in Texas.  I don't buy the whole couple thing with these two. I got more of a sense they get along but strictly as friends and agreed to just put on a show for the cameras. 

Cole and Zane, Bartisse and Nancy...all come off far too immature.

• Like 2
On 2/13/2023 at 3:25 PM, DearEvette said:

I read somewhere that Alexa said she and Brennon are the new Lauren and Cam and I'm like... Cam would nevah.  He is dead ass in love with Lauren but he never comes off as whipped. 

Raven’s shirt dress was super cute this episode.  Actually Raven looked great all three episodes.

I learned that this was actually filmed before the reunion.  So I understand so much better Cole’s  state of mind at the reunion with them ganging up on him when he felt he had put a lot of bad feeling to bed with Zay with this conversation.  He felt blindsided so I get it and feel even more bad for him for the shitshow that was the reunion.

Besides Alexa's misguided quote, the show really tried hard to paint Alexa and Brennon as being like Lauren and Cam.  That couldn't be further from the truth.   They're not even close.   They both are annoying and Brennon's attacks on Cole did him no favors.   If they decide to go the Youtube route to mimic Lauren and Cam, I will not be watching that channel...*LOL*.

Guess they'll try again to find that "Lauren and Cam" rare magic in Season 4, which sadly I'll watch...*LOL*.

Raven really was rocking all her looks.  I'll admit that I didn't like her at first but she definitely blossomed as the show went on and I was able to see other sides of her.   I felt so bad for her during her ending monologue.

I wish Cole had stayed away from the show but it definitely makes sense why he gave it the old college try if this was filmed before the reunion (and maybe a contractional obligation)...*LOL*.   After the reunion I hope he keeps his distance from all them folks, save Raven and Nancy. 

Edited by Meedis
  • Like 5
12 hours ago, Meedis said:

Raven really was rocking all her looks.  I'll admit that I didn't like her at first but she definitely blossomed as the show went on and I was able to see other sides of her.   I felt so bad for her during her ending monologue.

Same. My opinion of Raven definitely improved by leaps and bounds. At first she seemed like the kind of woman who was used to every man falling at her feet and was pissed off when Bartise didn't. I didn't buy her first engagement with SK at all -- she never seemed into him or attracted to him. I believed their second relationship more, although I never got "red hot passion, love of my life" vibes from either one of them. I wasn't even sure she'd accept his second proposal. Still, her broken heart and feelings of betrayal at the end felt very real. 

She's beautiful, and she definitely matured and grew over the course of the season. But why did she feel the need to plump up her lips? Raven's lips were fine beforehand. SMH. And maybe this is an ignorant statement, but as a black woman, I can't help but wonder: I thought black/bi-racial women didn't do that sh*t?

On 2/13/2023 at 4:25 PM, DearEvette said:

In the end this felt kinda... thrown together.  Nothing felt new or interesting.  Like S1 where we got a lot of Mark tea and we saw how well Kenny had moved on and they redeemed Jessica and we saw how Diamond and LC were BFFs.  And even though I was never an Amber/Barnett fan or even liked her really, they come out heads and shoulders above everybody on this show (except maybe Raven and Cole).  I read somewhere that Alexa said she and Brennon are the new Lauren and Cam and I'm like... Cam would nevah.  He is dead ass in love with Lauren but he never comes off as whipped. 

I enjoyed the episodes, but the people on this season didn't interest me much. Except for Raven and Cole (i.e. Low-rent Barnett). And I kept mixing up Colleen, Nancy, and Zanab-- they looked way too much alike. Although Zanab looked like Toni Braxton to me at the reunion. 

Still, I will be there for season 4 will bells on. 

• Like 3

According to Bartise (ahem!) and others:

LIB 3 was filmed May-July 2021

LIB 3 ATA filmed August 2022 ( I expect some confessionals and a scene or two eg with Cole, & obviously Raven's update, were filmed later)

LIB 3 season aired October 2022 onward

LIB 3 Reunion was filmed October 2022

LIB 3 ATA aired February 2023

Perfect Match, now airing, was filmed in March 2022

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, violet and green said:

According to Bartise (ahem!) and others:

LIB 3 was filmed May-July 2021

LIB 3 ATA filmed August 2022 ( I expect some confessionals and a scene or two eg with Cole, & obviously Raven's update, were filmed later)

LIB 3 season aired October 2022 onward

LIB 3 Reunion was filmed October 2022

LIB 3 ATA aired February 2023

Perfect Match, now airing, was filmed in March 2022

Huh.  No wonder Cole seemed completely lost with all the hate at the reunion.

Edited by braziliangirl
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Cole has a lot of faults, but at his core he's just a clueless "bro" who wants to have fun. He has no depth, he's just a blunt tool (in both respects of the word).

He tried to apologize in his mind, but he had no idea what he did wrong, just that he messed up. So of course he was confused as to why Z didn't want to stay together after the wedding and work things out. He needs to get some strong female influences in his life to sit him down and tell him "here's where you messed up" rather than surrounded by other buds in their 20s to tell him "Dunno man! Women be crazy!" He's a project and he needs to work on himself a lot, but he's not a monster.

• Like 2

I read somewhere that Alexa said she and Brennon are the new Lauren and Cam and I'm like... Cam would nevah.  He is dead ass in love with Lauren but he never comes off as whipped. 

Cam has always come across as pretty secure in himself to me in a way that neither Alexa nor Brennan do, and Lauren and Cam also seem like genuinely nice people and Alexa and Brennan do not.

• Like 9

That as a pretty ring. 

Gotta disagree.  I thought the ring actually looked dull and un-sparkly because of the band style, and it looked flimsy.

I also hated her in the shirt dress, and liked her hair better curly where she looked distinct, as opposed to how her hair straighter looks more generic.

13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Cam has always come across as pretty secure in himself to me in a way that neither Alexa nor Brennan do, and Lauren and Cam also seem like genuinely nice people and Alexa and Brennan do not.

Also Lauren is gorgeous with a million dollar smile and she seems so smart.  She has a lot of natural charisma. This does not describe Alexa.  Brennan just seems like a dumb asshole.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Good God I'm happy they didn't show Alexa's entire dress straight on. The top view was the most bearable. Did she wear her thong over her hanging belly?!?!?!!! No. Just. NO! 😵🤮

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

WHY the FCK is Nancy trying to be friends with that fool?!?!! He's just using her (for what? idk) & she's struggling to let go of who she loved, which isn't that man anymore. Just sad. Glad the girls convinced her to cut it off.

• Like 2

Zan is truly psychotic! How could she trick him into thinking they were good & she might say yes or continue only to stab him in the heart at the altar?!?! DIABOLICAL & DISGUSTING!!! You don't try to hurt someone you claim to love. Her speech was a load of bs. Shred her self-confidence?!! GTFOH!!! Her insecurities blew whatever he said & did out of proportion to where she believed he was trying to destroy her self-confidence? And NEVER says ONE THING to him about it before the wedding & keeps having sex with him?!! PSYCHO! & she didn't even acknowledge what she did to him out of revenge when he wasn't even trying to hurt her. I hope she learns to give her partner the benefit of the doubt and believes they are not trying to hurt her. It's crazy to be & stay in a relationship with someone you believe is out to hurt you. Makes zero sense! He may not have liked her negativity & bitching & if that's how she wanted to stay, he should be grateful she set him free, it's just effed up how she did it. So unnecessarily hurtful. They don't know how to communicate to get a better behavior. They just said stupid stuff. & He had to be a tool & toss around a cutie. GROW UP!

• Like 1

Good God Colleen looks like she's in a hostage video sitting next to Matt!!! Just like on the reunion. So tense & uncomfortable. Girl. Blink twice if you need help! I really hope she doesn't become Gabby Petito. I get the hesitation. Their relationship is moving very slowly. They weren't even in a real relationship before getting engaged. What, they talked for a week or 2? Of course they struggled a lot in the beginning! They were thrown into a marriage with very little time to build a relationship. Matt definitely seems paranoid & sensitive, believing she's trying to hurt him. I wonder if he's truly shaken that thinking. I wonder if those types can switch that thinking, in general. I can't see things progressing with those types & always appreciate when they reveal that crazy & LEAVE. 🤣🤣

Brennan really went at Cole because of what Zan told Alexa. Maybe because it was considered "body-shaming" & Alexa is the biggest. Given Zan's paranoia, I'd have to see the evidence! Sh*t stirrers can have people looking like fools. EVERYONE'S ON TRIAL, SHOW ME THE PROOF!!! What was Cole saying about the cuties to his friends? Was he denying he said it? He sure did say it, but not to say she was fat. So he should own that he shouldn't have said it then if he feels differently about it. His hair looked awful at that bar, glad he got it cut.

Ugh. These people & their poor communication! All Brennan had to say was he wasn't cool with Cole because of his alleged body-shaming & getting another girl's number. Cole should've asked if Zan played him, which, she clearly did, & why, which was out of revenge. He should've asked why she never addressed his alleged body-shaming. In a relationship, you address issues to get them resolved, so she didn't want to resolve it then? He just didn't know how to address her bitching. It's just bizarre that they don't discuss what they'll do on the wedding day & after. How are they supposed to get married when they don't even discuss what they're doing?!?!?!! Are they not allowed or something? So stupid. They're not in a real relationship then because a couple should discuss those things.

I'm surprised they just showed a clip of Raven crying. No article titles? No dms? No pics with that girl? Guess he had no comment. Shady azz. WTF is WRONG WITH HIM, MR. MONOGAMOUS?!?!! Dirty effin cheater! Girls be so dumb just believing these liars. That kind of stupidity has gotten plenty of women killed. Like I said, EVERYONE'S ON TRIAL!!! DON'T KEEP IT SURFACE!!! These fools love keeping it surface to get away with whatever. If you see he's engaged on a show & he tells you it's fake, TALK TO THE FIANCEE & CONFIRM IT!!! Not do a lame follow & like on insta. WTF?!!! I hope that would've still ended their relationship because he's out their lying to other women trying to cheat. He really thought he wouldn't get caught? With pics & texts? SERIOUSLY?!! Just be thinking with the wrong thing. 😒😒

Raven seemingly dismissing Matt & Colleen's toxic relationship was rich considering her bf was cheating on her. No drama doesn't mean great relationship. 🤣🤣

On 2/22/2023 at 1:17 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also Lauren is gorgeous with a million dollar smile and she seems so smart.  She has a lot of natural charisma. This does not describe Alexa.  Brennan just seems like a dumb asshole.

The instant connection those two had was amazing to watch. They had some thoughtful and intelligent conversations and just seemed like good people. LAuren is a stunner. Alexa and Brennon are try hards. Her dad is super creepy with his trophy wife. He strikes me as the type that believes poor people are poor because they don’t work hard enough…no.  Her tacky ass dress…no. I suppose one can’t buy class.

I don’t like any of these people. I did feel for Cole. He is an idiot but I don’t think he is mean spirited. Zan is an asshole who needs a ton of therapy. Recreating a nicer version of a dress she wore over a year ago? Poetic justice? I hope therapy is helping because that is a woman who sees everything as a slight just so she can play victim. She is exhausting and all the women seem to love it. Brennon is a huge asshole. The cutie story was a huge nothing. They were snacking together….he asked her if she was going to eat two cuties, he said to save room for dinner. He asked if it was a wedding dress fitting thing. He also mentioned he offered her a poke bowl which she refused to eat. That hardly strikes me as someone being shamed for eating. She is vindictive for no reason and talks to him like he is 4.

Matt is a borderline abusive alcoholic, Colleen has zero self esteem. Nancy is sweet but naive. I don’t care about Raven or SK. Bartise is a jerk. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2