Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Simple Twist of Weight

• Start Topic

Meghan has a tough time finding a wedding dress that works .Then, the girls go on a wellness retreat, and they're met with boot camp-like workouts that push them to their limits. Ashely breaks down in pain, threatening her weight loss goals.

Original air date 2023.02.01

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Original air date 2023.02.01

Once again, these women do not need bootcamp exercise. Walking, recumbent bicycling, treadmill, elliptical, yoga classes would be so much better for them at their weight, mobility level and age. But I'll still be watching to see Meghan whine.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 1/30/2023 at 6:16 PM, BAForever said:

Once again, these women do not need bootcamp exercise. Walking, recumbent bicycling, treadmill, elliptical, yoga classes would be so much better for them at their weight, mobility level and age. But I'll still be watching to see Meghan whine.

The producers set them up for  one-time outside the box stuff like hula hoops in the park, being strapped up in bungee swings, water park slide, boxing, getting yelled at in some tortuous indoor boot camp (Tina walks out), personal trainer (Ashley walks out) & I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.  It's strictly for the viewer's amusement.  I just don't get why anyone with kids especially would do this stuff.  Looks like more of the same tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lol@ “lock the doors!” When GI Jane walked up.  Ugh again with the extreme exercising for people who never did it before. No technique was being taught. Those sit-ups were a waste of time. They were just shoving their heads toward their stomachs. It’d have been much better to slowly show them how to clench their lower stomachs while bringing their shoulders up.  Same for the push ups, no technique, just force. Waste of time and risk of injury. 

Edited by Pi237
Grammar
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Quilty said:

Why are these women always so loud and calling each other bitch constantly?

They have terrible attitudes about everything. I just started watching and they just seem so mean.

Because they are mean. 

Suggestion:  I wonder what would happen the four best friends were separated from each other for two months. No contact, no videos, no knowing what the others are doing. 

Then, a big reveal at a reunion. I wonder who would rise to the top and who would fail. 

I’m beginning to see this group as four enemies.  Subtle sabotage but it’s there.  Maybe they just need to get out of each others way for success. 

Just a thought. 

So Vannessa thinks monitoring her 19-year-old son will help him?  No it won't.      Vannessa can't stop her son from killing himself by ignoring his diabetes, and weight.   Putting cameras in the kitchen is ridiculous.   

Taking the four women to that intensive boot camp was bad, they're lucky no one collapsed.   

• Like 8

I liked this show when it started as “Too Large.”  It may not have been total reality, but it was closer to the truth than this hot mess.  Vannessa and Jacob were picking up recycling on the side of the road just for money to pay for a meal (a very unhealthy meal at that), Meghan was doing what she could do to lose weight and no longer need to drag an oxygen tank everywhere.  Now they’ve brought in 2 more “girls” (I hate it when they call their group “my girls”), they are all unemployed and act like they don’t have a care in the world, Vannessa is living in a very nice home in a nice neighborhood and they all take trips and go to “retreats” together.  I would have more respect for the show if they just came out and said “TLC is paying for us to take a trip to a spa, how about it?”  And “the show put us up in this great house because I don’t have a pot to piss in.”  And please quit with the f bombs.  I’m no prude but every other word is bleeped and that really gets tiresome after awhile. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

For me, it would be more interesting if the girls discussed lifestyle changes……..permanent changes in how they cook and eat.  Vanessa did a little of that, but then she talks about her son staying on his diet.  I wish they’d get away from diets.  That mentality seems to not work for them.  Bring in a former patient who has changed their eating habits, loves nutritious foods, doesn’t feel deprived because they are on a diet and that has maintained their weight for a long period of time.  

• Love 1

It's amazing to me how little they can stand any discomfort.  Yes, pushups are hard.  Yes, sit-ups are uncomfortable. But for one minute, it's ok to be uncomfortable.  And they should all be walking, every day.  The walk should not have been a big deal.  And man did Ashley get nasty.  That's totally uncalled for.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Lesia said:

It's amazing to me how little they can stand any discomfort.  Yes, pushups are hard.  Yes, sit-ups are uncomfortable. But for one minute, it's ok to be uncomfortable.  And they should all be walking, every day.  The walk should not have been a big deal.  And man did Ashley get nasty.  That's totally uncalled for.

I don’t judge them too harshly for that- these women are all very obese and are sedentary. When you’re carrying 100+ extra pounds on you (or 200+ pounds in Ashley’s case) any movement you aren’t used to doing is HARD. 

I can believe they were in pain not just uncomfortable. Now should the women have been walking and doing low impact exercises doing the off season- yes, but they haven’t been (besides Vanessa who complained the least), but given I am a big ass baby too who doesn’t do pain, while I wouldn’t have been as loud about it I wouldn’t have liked it in that position. 

• Like 3
On 2/2/2023 at 12:26 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Putting cameras in the kitchen is ridiculous.   

I could see a 19-year-old who doesn’t know there are cameras and thinks he is home alone walking around the house naked.  Does Vannessa really want to see that?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

The way I watch these shows is to understand that they're fake but to play along with the fantasy that they're real. It's not hard. I mean, who hasn't booked a stay at a retreat without knowing its name or the type of services it offers?

I'm fat, I spend time with a close friend who is fat. Odd as it may seem to the producers of this show, we don't spend all our time together talking about being fat or awkwardly trying to do things we're too big to do.  I'd like to see the same with these women. It would be interesting to see Ashley doing some job hunting, for instance, or Tina picking out books. They could take a class in something fun, like scrapbooking, or practical, like being an informed shopper. And I would be forever grateful if Meghan and Vannessa learned how to do their makeup. I want to see emphasis on them as people, not on their weight.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
On 2/3/2023 at 11:03 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I could see a 19-year-old who doesn’t know there are cameras and thinks he is home alone walking around the house naked.  Does Vannessa really want to see that?

Where do you think he would have learned that?  Remember Vannessa walking around naked outside at the glamp camp? 

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

Where do you think he would have learned that?  Remember Vannessa walking around naked outside at the glamp camp? 

Well my mom wasn’t an exhibitionist but I have been known to pop into the kitchen before or after a shower for a beverage.  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

The way I watch these shows is to understand that they're fake but to play along with the fantasy that they're real. It's not hard. I mean, who hasn't booked a stay at a retreat without knowing its name or the type of services it offers?

I'm fat, I spend time with a close friend who is fat. Odd as it may seem to the producers of this show, we don't spend all our time together talking about being fat or awkwardly trying to do things we're too big to do.  I'd like to see the same with these women. It would be interesting to see Ashley doing some job hunting, for instance, or Tina picking out books. They could take a class in something fun, like scrapbooking, or practical, like being an informed shopper. And I would be forever grateful if Meghan and Vannessa learned how to do their makeup. I want to see emphasis on them as people, not on their weight.

This times 1000. I don't need to gawk at them doing ill-advised activities at a "Fit Farm". I get no pleasure in watching them fail (except maybe hoarder Meghan). Show their lives, challenges and successes with and without kids and significant others, but the Fit Farm and the class reunion from last season were cringeworthy awful.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

After this ‘beat up the fatties for kicks’ getaway is over, I’d really love to see the ladies go on an actual retreat. They could use some pampering and ego-boosting after this humiliation. Even the horrible Housewives get to go on real vacations. These poor women have only had a muddy camp night and a windy overnight at the beach. You can only break people down so much before it gets really hard to watch. Let them go to a healthy spa where they can eat great food and get massages! They’ve earned it. 

• Like 5