Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey and Stacey Live Chat Season 4

• Start Topic

I keep waiting for the wedding planner to ask how many people will be attending this big wedding, did I miss that question and answer?

$11,000 for a cake? Seriously, how many people will be at this wedding? Why would they consider a cake that costs that much without laughing hysterically about that scenario?

Do they even have a wedding date?

Florian does not have a job, nothing to do all day and has not figured out he can go lay on the beach?   I will keep calling Florian "The Undead," he is the most lifeless human ever.  I get the feeling Florian has never worked for anything that might take a little work to accomplish. "Either hire me or no," if it is no than they are unprofessional, really?

Darcey's date was paid, we know it, the grading was on a curve I am sure.

Darcey and Stacey's designs look so dated.  I laughed when they blamed the plane ride for their puffiness, must have affected their lips too, lol.  I hope their design team can do all the iron on designs on pre-made sweats for the next meeting of the Big Kicks store. 

I imagine blue hair guy goes thru a lot of pillow cases.

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Wonder what she wears to funerals.

A few years ago I went to a funeral in the East End of London, and, I kid you not, the women, young and old were all dressed in black, but the style was as if they were going to a nightclub. Apart from me. I wore a black shift dress and jacket.  I was really shocked, it was all plunging necklines, short skirts, crop tops, see-through elastic lace, tons of tacky jewellery and very high heels. I remarked on it to one of the staff from the funeral directors and they said it's the norm for the East End. It really was a sight to see. The men all wore dark suits and 90% of them wore sunglasses, even indoors.

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, OneGuy said:

Maybe standup comedy?

"Its funnier in the original Albanian".

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Florian does not have a job, nothing to do all day and has not figured out he can go lay on the beach?   I will keep calling Florian "The Undead," he is the most lifeless human ever.

Living with Stacey has drained him of any remaining life force he possessed.

• LOL 10

Darcey is out of her mind, thinking dressing like a straight up ho is appropriate for a first (or any) date. It's no wonder she keeps getting chewed up and spit out - she makes herself look like that's the kind of relationship she's into. Out of every season Darcey was on 90DF and every season of D & S, Michelle the dating coach is, hands down, the MVP. Not that her sage advice isn't falling on deaf ears, but at least we all finally got to witness someone telling Darcey to her now-weird-overdone face that the way she's been going about trying to land a husband is only repelling quality men and attracting losers. 

Meanwhile Florian is getting mean! I've never seen anyone have such a sourpuss while cake tasting! His face was far more expressive during that scene than it was the whole time the modeling agency lady was taking photos of him & desperately trying to get any expression out of him besides "dead fish." I laughed so hard at Florian getting all irritated with the modeling agency for telling him the truth about what modeling agencies in Miami look for - and pointing out that Florian doesn't currently offer those things. I think lil Flo is getting his first taste of reality outside of the "I'm a very lower-case-c-celebrity from reality TV and I expect people to treat me like I'm special" bubble he's been living in since moving to the US. At this rate, more people will have been on reality TV than haven't been, so Florian's cache is rapidly diminishing. Beyond that. he doesn't have much, if anything, to offer. He needs to come to terms with the fact that he has to get an actual job. I just don't know if he has the capacity to actually reach that epiphany.

Out of every horrible person D & S have brought onto the show, I find Michael to be just about the most obnoxious, which is quite a feat considering all the awful people we've met through D & S.

I can't possibly be the only one who is actively rooting for their awful, tacky brand to fail.

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

And then the forums went down.

Gah, I hate it when they keep changing the site around! I’ve got more technical glitches and bugs and the site being down than ever before.

8 hours ago, essexjan said:

I loved the matchmaker telling Darcey she looked like a hoe.

Capture.JPG

House of Eleven = HOE. 🤨 

• LOL 9

Looking forward to the snark. I started to type my bestie a message about something I saw today that she would love…totally forgot she died in December. I feel just an overwhelming sense of grief, perhaps it is too late but here it is. Please give me vampire Florian and maybe drunk Darcey.

8934A9AB-9A91-4710-A24B-B8E67E4E8D46.jpeg

• Hugs 9
  • Sad 3

Peeps! Have these two shrieky slags moved to 9 PM? 

Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Looking forward to the snark. I started to type my bestie a message about something I saw today that she would love…totally forgot she died in December. I feel just an overwhelming sense of grief,

Oh, I am sorry! I remember after my dad died I heard a really terrible joke I knew he'd love and I was so mad I couldn't tell it to him. Its so hard. I hope you can find some solace in the memory of your friend. Hugs.

• Hugs 7
17 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Peeps! Have these two shrieky slags moved to 9 PM? 

Oh, I am sorry! I remember after my dad died I heard a really terrible joke I knew he'd love and I was so mad I couldn't tell it to him. Its so hard. I hope you can find some solace in the memory of your friend. Hugs.

Thank you! I am so sorry for your loss. Grief is wild …I didn’t really feel it as much when it first happened. Now the little things are creeping up and really affecting me.  I lost my best friend, my dad and my uncle in less than two years. I just signed papers making me power of attorney for a close friend who just discovered his cancer spread. I can’t imagine…it isn’t about me but just…no words. Yes those slags moved to 9 pm!!!! 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Hugs 4
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m staring down the barrel at yet another snowstorm tonight and tomorrow. No mas! But i guarantee you I will look snatched when I’m shoveling the walkway.

Oh it is storming here too. I think we are expecting around 10 cm so not bad but the freezing rain will be a problem.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m staring down the barrel at yet another snowstorm tonight and tomorrow. No mas! But i guarantee you I will look snatched when I’m shoveling the walkway.

SAME. Houseguest is out celebrating her birthday, so I just hope she and my son and all their other friends who'll be raising the roof tonight get home safe. I have tons of food on hand and the wherewithal to make more should the need arise so no worries there. So far no snow yet. 

3 minutes ago, judylo said:

Damn, I forgot it’s an hour later! Back to MSNBC I guess …

I was watching a fascinating show about Lady Jane Grey on Acorn. But the siren call of Darcey and Stacey is so strong......

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

I saw the craziest Discovery ID episode that was eerily similar to the Silvas. A set of bottle blonde nut job twins who fought constantly but couldn’t stay away from each other. They went broke when the reality show they thought they were going to film got scrapped. It was also set in Florida. They drove off a cliff in Hawaii and only one survived, but she refused to say which twin she was until the ex-boyfriend of the other twin identified her. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 9
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

SAME. Houseguest is out celebrating her birthday, so I just hope she and my son and all their other friends who'll be raising the roof tonight get home safe. I have tons of food on hand and the wherewithal to make more should the need arise so no worries there. So far no snow yet. 

I was watching a fascinating show about Lady Jane Grey on Acorn. But the siren call of Darcey and Stacey is so strong......

Oh oh I subscribe to Acorn…title please?

16 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

I'm like a kid regarding snow.  I find myself wishing for a huge snowstorm all winter long.

Now that I'm retired and don't have to commute in it? SAME. I sit cozily in my blanket nest, sip tea and watch the snow fall. It's great. 

10 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh oh I subscribe to Acorn…title please?

I think its called "England's Forgotten Queen".

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Now that I'm retired and don't have to commute in it? SAME. I sit cozily in my blanket nest, sip tea and watch the snow fall. It's great. 

I play in it.  I have an old runner sled that I've had since I was an infant.  I take that out to the sledding hill in the city.  All the kids out there are amazed by it and want to try it out since it's so different than their own sleds.  I have a blast sledding and watching everyone have fun.  Some of my students (college) meet me out there to sled with me.  But it's been a while since we've had any decent snow.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

I play in it.  I have an old runner sled that I've had since I was an infant.  I take that out to the sledding hill in the city.  All the kids out there are amazed by it and want to try it out since it's so different than their own sleds.  I have a blast sledding and watching everyone have fun.  Some of my students (college) meet me out there to sled with me.  But it's been a while since we've had any decent snow.

That's fantastic! I worked at MIT and my office overlooked "the Court", a nice big patch of grass in front of the famous dome. Every snowfall the students were out there making snowballs, angels, and building snowmen. Such fun. During Snowmageddon, in 2015, when it snowed for about 2 months straight and there was nowhere to put all the snow, there was one lot on campus where the removal teams piled the snow--students were actually going out and skiing down it. (The institute put the kibosh on that quick though, spoilsports).

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@sainte-chapelle hang in there, dear fellow!

I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it tonight. This is by far the worst Monday ever for me this year. It truly sucks. I had my feelings hurt this morning. Just one of thousands of reminders that it sucks to be in America, the “land of the fucking free, bitch” (to paraphrase the notorious Grangela).

• Hugs 6