Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: WATN: Octavia and Aaron

• Start Topic

After regaining her mobility, Octavia is determined never to be stuck in the bed again, but difficult life circumstances threaten her ability to eat right and stay on track. Aaron is laid low by the death of his father, but true love saves him.

Original air date 2023.01.18

The whole time Aaron's wife was trying to scold Dr. Now saying, "This isn't about me!" I was thinking to myself, "Then stop making it about you, sit down, shut up and let the doctor finish his consultation with your husband!" And then when Aaron felt the need to lie and say he defended her to Dr. Now it had me laughing.  

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Damn, Aaron was looking much better, had a job and seemed to be out of the depression. As soon as I saw the wife, I thought oh shit. Still, I hoped that she could support him. What a selfish bitch. I wanted to tell him “boy, you best have that skin removal surgery!”  This is the second week in a row that a man got far enough to the skin surgery approval and declined it.

Octavia was also disappointing. She’s in Houston, with family support and a purpose yet she decides she can go at her own pace. Her own pace is what got her to 700 pounds and bedridden.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 6

I think the wife liked the fact Aaron has a house. She’ll have his weight headed back up in no time. I get having weight issues and being defensive, but I did not see her as long-term supportive. She’s not going to want him to have long-term success. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

They should change the promo sentence from "love saved him" to "love doomed him".  So, two weeks in a row a success who qualifies for skin removal, decides not to get the surgery, and because the wife didn't want them to have it.    Vianey and Ashlee think if the husbands can get skin surgery, that they'll leave them, and they'll never get someone else.     Aaron's a fool, if he goes against Ashlee, then she'll dump him for someone else she can control.       Why am I guessing that Octavia's "I'll do this by myself, and show Dr. Now" will be a disaster.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Why am I guessing that Octavia's "I'll do this by myself, and show Dr. Now" will be a disaster.    

Because of Octavia’s history?

Because the “I’ll show Dr. Now” = failure every time it comes up?

Pick your reason. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, DropTheSoap said:

Because of Octavia’s history?

Because the “I’ll show Dr. Now” = failure every time it comes up?

Pick your reason. 

I choose that everyone who is going to show Dr. Now fails miserably.     (OK one poundticipant did fine on their own). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Like Dr. Now is losing sleep over these delusional um...patients. Have we ever seen anyone go out on their own, have great success, then march (without a walker, wheelchair, etc.) triumphantly back into his office at their goal weight and make Dr. Now apologize for doubting them? 

There was a patient  who refused to do the 1200 calorie a day diet which infuriated Dr. Now.  She did a more achievable focus on the quality of food and limiting quantities without going to an extreme.  She also became more active and switched her children's eating habits.  She has been among the most successful.  She never waltzed in with attitude, but she did go against his "plan" and it worked. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

#1, We saw them eating salad but what was that other tan slab of stuff on the other plates? 

It looked like cheese pizza or cheesy bread? 

I disliked Ashlee, especially after I saw that she threatened to leave Aaron if he stayed on Dr. Now's program. I didn't think that he bullied her. I think he made a really valid point; the same one he makes with all his patients. It's very difficult for his patients to remain on their restrictive diets if the people that live with them don't eat similarly. It's a point of medical fact, not a criticism of her. If she was so upset by this, she didn't have to go to future appointments. But she definitely doesn't have Aaron's best interests at heart if she is giving him an ultimatum - her or the program that literally saved his life. 

And now they want to have children together? Eek.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It looked like cheese pizza or cheesy bread? 

I disliked Ashlee, especially after I saw that she threatened to leave Aaron if he stayed on Dr. Now's program. I didn't think that he bullied her. I think he made a really valid point; the same one he makes with all his patients. It's very difficult for his patients to remain on their restrictive diets if the people that live with them don't eat similarly. It's a point of medical fact, not a criticism of her. If she was so upset by this, she didn't have to go to future appointments. But she definitely doesn't have Aaron's best interests at heart if she is giving him an ultimatum - her or the program that literally saved his life. 

And now they want to have children together? Eek.

Thanks, yes, my guess was some kind of bread. Interesting they got up from the table to take their walk before they ate it. I'll bet they polished it off as soon as they got back home, off camera. 

I figured Ashlee went to the appointment with a stank attitude when Aaron mentioned on the way THERE that she was worried Dr. Now would say something about her weight. It was like she was "fixing for a fight" if he said anything at all about her. She could have stayed home, but Aaron wanted Dr. to meet his new bride. At that point, she threatened not to go to the skin removal surgery then apparently later she said she would leave him if he had it done. The choice must have been a "no brainer" for Aaron, stay with a woman who has married you, has sex with you and encourages you to eat whatever/how much you want, or be alone, thinner and on a restrictive diet the rest of your life. 

Am I mis-remembering, or as she flounced out, Angela Deem style, did she or the doctor say something that was bleeped out after 

"Because I said so!" 

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Thanks, yes, my guess was some kind of bread. Interesting they got up from the table to take their walk before they ate it. I'll bet they polished it off as soon as they got back home, off camera. 

I figured Ashlee went to the appointment with a stank attitude when Aaron mentioned on the way THERE that she was worried Dr. Now would say something about her weight. It was like she was "fixing for a fight" if he said anything at all about her. She could have stayed home, but Aaron wanted Dr. to meet his new bride. At that point, she threatened not to go to the skin removal surgery then apparently later she said she would leave him if he had it done. The choice must have been a "no brainer" for Aaron, stay with a woman who has married you, has sex with you and encourages you to eat whatever/how much you want, or be alone, thinner and on a restrictive diet the rest of your life. 

Am I mis-remembering, or as she flounced out, Angela Deem style, did she or the doctor say something that was bleeped out after 

"Because I said so!" 

I think he asked her why she didn’t want to hear information that would be helpful to Allan. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
43 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he asked her why she didn’t want to hear information that would be helpful to Allan. 

Yes, Dr. Now asked that right before something was bleeped. 

1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I thought it was a gap, but I was only half watching the show. 

I don't remember a gap, it was more like a diamond

Watched last pm, but fell asleep last 45 min. Wow, I missed Ashlee leave the appointment. The truth is hard to hear, and she must know she's overweight. Dr. Now has seen everything, he knows about family dynamics.  What he said was not out of line. Now I have to go back and read live chat from the episode. Hope someone comments on her wonky eye. The nose ring, tat and skunk hair were pretty bad.

• Like 3

Not only did Ashlee refuse to change anything about her diet, but was feeding Aaron a bunch of stuff that will stretch his stomach out in no time.    It's one thing to not eat the way Aaron's diet plan calls for, but entirely another to fix huge portions of food Aaron shouldn't be eating. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I don't remember a gap, it was more like a diamond

Okay, I found a photo and I still can’t figure out what is in her mouth, but it creeps me out  

DB10AF89-30E5-4E3B-ACDD-E125DC5511BB.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think it's above her lip, and just doesn't hang down as far as the visible ring bottom.  

I see it now, above her front tooth, at kind of a rakish angle. I also noticed the five o’clock shadow and wondered about PCOS 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

What a beast. The bad wig, the unusual front facing leg tats, the nose ring, blue eye shadow - and she looks to be 47 at least.  Looks like one of those chicks who writes to prisoners.  But forget all that.....how cruel to subject Aaron to the pain, discomfort & possibility of fungal infections due to his large hanging skin pooch just because she doesn't want to face Dr Now telling her she's fat.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

What a beast. The bad wig, the unusual front facing leg tats, the nose ring, blue eye shadow - and she looks to be 47 at least.  Looks like one of those chicks who writes to prisoners.  But forget all that.....how cruel to subject Aaron to the pain, discomfort & possibility of fungal infections due to his large hanging skin pooch just because she doesn't want to face Dr Now telling her she's fat.  

Why didn't she just stay the hell HOME? No reason for her to go to the appointment, especially if she had no interest in hearing Dr. Now's advice and supporting his weight loss. Oh that's right, Aaron wanted to show off his new Itty Bitty Bride. 

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Looks like one of those chicks who writes to prisoners.  But forget all that.....

I can’t.  I laughed so hard at that I knocked over my tea on a work file.

I’ll have to redo the file but it’s worth it.  Belly laughs these days are hard to come by. 

She’s also passive aggressive. I wish Aaron the best but I don’t see them celebrating a ten year anniversary. I hope the disappointment doesn’t send him over the edge. 

8 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Octavia talked about how she didn't want her kids to wind up in the system and then she turns around and abandons them.  That's the type of trauma that can lead her kids down the same 600 pound life road that she went down. :(

She didn't want CPS involved and she did avoid that by voluntarily placing her kids with relatives. She could have done that with no system involvement. But yeah, those kids definitely experienced trauma and it will stay with them unless they get help for it.

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Octavia talked about how she didn't want her kids to wind up in the system and then she turns around and abandons them.  That's the type of trauma that can lead her kids down the same 600 pound life road that she went down. :(

That's Mercedes in the following episode, not Octavia...she doesn't have any kids.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

The absolute worst partner that Aaron could choose is Ashley.  She is passive aggressive, resentful, and will do everything she can to sabotage him.  What an awful person.

• Like 2