Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: One Night Only Pt 1/ S15.E02: One Night Only Pt 2

• Start Topic

This was a lot of fun ( and a lot of queens). I didn’t get the ice water talent thing but she seemed like. A good queen. Mistress Isabelle looks like Eureka in drag and that one queen has a copy of Aquaria’s “good twin” outfit on. Happy the show is back!

• Like 3

I was disappointed that the majority of queens had lipsyncing as their talent. As someone else once commented, that should be a given for a queen, not something unexpected. In beauty pageants, contestants don't model swimsuits or ball gowns in the talent portion, since they'll be doing that somewhere else in the competition. So drag queens, who will be lipsyncing somewhere else in the competition, shouldn't do it here in the talent show. 

For that reason I'm most impressed by the ones who do something else, even if they don't do it well, like Lucy.

That said, wow Atrena and Jax were quite impressive.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

Clearly obnoxiousness comes in all types, and every flavor of it is included in this cast.  I hope we won't hear the word "trade" again after tonight.  The top 3 were great though.

• Like 4

Disappointed in the elimination, hope there's a twist so she can come back. Don't care about the twins, don't like Luxx Noir, but other than that, too many to keep up with. I like the split intros, but it defeats the purpose to air them all at once. Air one, let me watch it again in reruns or on demand so I can absorb everything, then show me the second batch. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I also wanted to see much more from Irene DuBois.  I loved her promo look and interview in MTQ.  She was also great in the werk room and in her Talking Heads. It's a shame her talent bombed.  It was the least successful, so I understand the elimination, but wanted to see more of her.  I'll be checking out instagram to see if she posts the looks she had for each theme and hoping there is a chance for a comeback.

• Like 5

The second group of queens is at least smarter than the first group, as they immediately realized there weren’t enough of them to make a show.

Irene was looking like a potential favorite, so I was unhappy to see her go. The twins seem annoying but harmless. Mistress seems pretty down to earth, I can see myself liking her. Who was it that kept kissing their guns and calling themself trade of the season? That needs to stop.

• Like 4

ALL HAIL ORNATIA.

Vivacious is Everything. She was the best part of this episode for me. There are too many queens for me to keep track of at this point but I do like the top 3 queens, Mistress, Malaysia, Sasha, I know I'm missing a few. 

Those twins are so annoying, I know that. 

I love when the Pit Crew is involved with the challenges. They're more than beautiful men, they're so helpful too. 😊

Oh and Ariana Grande was there too. 

• Like 2

I really enjoyed it, and thank god it was a double episode and we met all the queens, and someone actually went home! I would much have rathered Irene Dubois, who was one of my early favourites, stayed and one of the generic lyp sincers from the talent show went instead. Love Marcia Marcia Marcia, and so glad she did well. Anetra does great confessionals, so am glad her talent spot was so exceptionally fun and unexpected.

I don't mind the twins, especially Spice. But the cast does skew younger overall - I guess they have to pander to their current audience now. I adore boy Amethyst so was glad she got to stay, and really her performance in the lip sync was so much more committed, but it is sad to lose Irene so soon.

• Like 3

Good: Commercial breaks were much shorter. It seems like episodes will be 60 minutes instead of the 90 with Untucked immediately following.

Bad: With less ads the BoyButter ad that usually showed up around 45 minutes in was absent.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Anetra was the moment ... and I just wanna throw in my two cents that Lip syncing IS a talent tho that NOT all queens can do ..(looking at Bianca) so being a drag queen lipsying isn't a given .... 

I agree with this, but I also agree that lip syncing as a talent show performance is kind of a letdown. We’re going to see lip synching every week. So this time, it would have been nice to see more individuality and non-standard talents. That’s another reason I hated to see Irene go. Yes, her act sucked, but at least she tried something different.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

I'm also a member of Camp Disappointed-When-The-Talent-Is-Lip-Sync. I keep hoping for juggling, fire swallowing, flute playing, step-dancing, anything else.  The tops danced, did taekwondo, or skipped rope, and it was so much fun to see those additional talents.  Lip synching is indeed a skill, and not everyone can do it well, but so is runway, and I'd also hate to see a contestant dress up, wear makeup, and walk around at the talent show.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Exactly. This is the part of the show where a queen can demonstrate a talent that we might not get a chance to see at any other point in the season. To me, even good lipsyncing is not as interesting as bad live singing in the talent show.

I think the judges agree, since none of the top 3 did straight lipsyncing. Even Sasha, who did a great lipsync, was only safe.

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Or if you’re going to lip synch, create a story to go with it, like Willow Pill and the bathtub.

Like Amethyst. Although she didn't tell the story well at all, it was more than just pretending to sing.

• Like 4

I totally agree about the lip syncing.  In addition to the lip sync for your life, there are so many challenges that require lip syncing and dancing there's just too much of it on Drag Race now.  It's getting boring and redundant.

I was excited when they added the talent competition because so many queens would complain (when eliminated) that they never got to a challenge that highlighted their skills.  I thought the talent show was a good way to let them show off what they do.  If 90% of the queens are going to lip sync, what's the point?

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Or if you’re going to lip synch, create a story to go with it, like Willow Pill and the bathtub.

Ru could easily fix this by setting some parameters.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2023 at 6:10 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Anetra was the moment ... and I just wanna throw in my two cents that Lip syncing IS a talent tho that NOT all queens can do ..(looking at Bianca) so being a drag queen lipsying isn't a given .... 

Love her so far, and especially the Carole Pope realness she's giving.