Type keyword(s) to search

S03:E13: That Old Feeling

• Start Topic

Season Finale: With Denise and Emily’s lives on the line, Jenny and Beau are determined to bring the Bleeding Heart Killer to justice, no matter what it takes. Meanwhile, Cassie uses her connections to pin down their possible location; and Sunny makes a fiery decision that will change her family forever, but will it all be enough to save the ones they love?

Airing 1/18/23

So I guess the unidentified deal that Jensen Ackles signed the other day, (per Fangasm, with press release pending) might be for season 4?  (I assume they didn't want to spoil the season finale by letting people know he'd still be around.)  And that's assuming, of course, that there will be a season 4. 

In any event, YAY!  Beau didn't die.  And neither did Donno.  And Tonya *did* get the money.  And they've set up for Donya next season.  And Walter and Cormack are bonding.  And Paige is on her way out of town.  I didn't do too badly with my predictions, even though only Carla and Emily are heading back to Texas without Beau.  Though how he'll check up on Emily from so far away is hard to see.  Maybe he'll get her a tracking microchip so he won't have to call her every half hour.   

I thought Jensen was wonderful here, though I do have to say, when Beau was trying to get Buck to tell him where Emily was, I kept remembering the guy who was threatening Avery and thinking, "kneecap him!"  

ETA:  I have to say this is the first season finale I was actually looking forward to seeing since about season 5 of Supernatural.  It reminded me that shows can still set up possibilities for later seasons without resorting to cliffhanger endings.  Or maybe I'm just watching the wrong shows.  😊

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

First off, fantastic scenes with Sheriff Beau! Loved them all!

Cormac the hero! Still "poor Cormac," because he lost his parents, lost whatever he thought he knew about his life, but he got a new brother! And Cassie? Things may not be all bad...

Why didn't they just bring Buck in and lock him in a room with Sunny? In the end, he never gave them any information anyway. They could have been grilling Sunny about all the locations that Buck talked about or had throughout the mountains (like Cassie was doing with Cormac). Instead they just told her to stay home? Why didn't Sunny give Walter her gun? 

Donno and Tonya for the win! We all guessed she would grab Avery's phone. 

I liked how they didn't have Jenny and Beau jump into bed, especially if they are going to continue to work together. And frankly, I don't want this show to turn into a romance or soap opera. I get that the police stuff is totally off, but the mysteries are supposed to be truly gruesome. I don't want them to "lighten" up the stories.

Some disappointing parts of the finale ---

The only thing they tied up was Cormac giving Emily her knife back.

Nothing about that first dead hiker. There seemed to be some reason he was there, not just to hike.

Who actually killed Luke?

I was hoping that some of the "cases of the week" would tie in to the overall human trafficking or even BHK mystery.

Why did Avery try to make a deal with the bad guys? He could have just kept his mouth shut about getting the journal pages, and transferred the money. He was not on the bad guys' radar. Did he think it was "honorable" if he just asked for a finder's fee? Wasn't Avery supposed to be smart?

Why did Buck kidnap Paige? He could have just knifed her like he did that camper, and hidden her in the woods. To be found or not.

Why kidnap Emily and Denise? Leverage against who? Sunny was not under arrest. She was only brought in after the kidnapping.

Nothing about the dead Ranger.

Last thing, OMG Jenny's tiny vest!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the Big Sky Twitter account was tweeting behind-the-scenes photos all day yesterday, including one of Cassie, Cormac, Emily, and Denise at the mine shaft. Having seen that, there was absolutely no tension. 

Despite that, I really enjoyed everything Cassie/Cormac - especially Sunny’s implied blessing in her last conversation with Cassie, and teared up at Cormac meeting Walter. Glad to check in with Tonya and Donno, too, although I didn’t realize we hadn’t seen the characters at all until they popped up.

But, a big frustration: By the end of the season, Emily has discovered a dead body, has been threatened, abducted, held hostage, psychologically tortured, seen a man killed in front of her for trying to help her, spent an extended period of time in an enclosed space with that man’s corpse, is hidden and left for dead, is rescued but now knows that her stepfather was killed in an attempt to save her life. 

And Emily’s dad, who moved across the country to continue being a part of her life, is totally fine with her moving back across the country now that she’s traumatized and there’s no stepfather to compete with? I’m sure her mourning mother will be able to give her all the support she needs, and there would be absolutely no benefit for Emily to have a parent around that’s also experienced violence, traumatic loss, and (seeming) survivor’s guilt.

I liked the character of Beau until the finale, and think Jensen Ackles did a great job with what he was given, but to throw away his character’s entire season-long motivation in a couple of minutes? I’m sure there’s excitement that Beau might return for a season 4, but they’d almost be starting from scratch in characterization.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, FrozenCacti said:

Unfortunately, the Big Sky Twitter account was tweeting behind-the-scenes photos all day yesterday, including one of Cassie, Cormac, Emily, and Denise at the mine shaft. Having seen that, there was absolutely no tension. 

Despite that, I really enjoyed everything Cassie/Cormac - especially Sunny’s implied blessing in her last conversation with Cassie, and teared up at Cormac meeting Walter. Glad to check in with Tonya and Donno, too, although I didn’t realize we hadn’t seen the characters at all until they popped up.

But, a big frustration: By the end of the season, Emily has discovered a dead body, has been threatened, abducted, held hostage, psychologically tortured, seen a man killed in front of her for trying to help her, spent an extended period of time in an enclosed space with that man’s corpse, is hidden and left for dead, is rescued but now knows that her stepfather was killed in an attempt to save her life. 

And Emily’s dad, who moved across the country to continue being a part of her life, is totally fine with her moving back across the country now that she’s traumatized and there’s no stepfather to compete with? I’m sure her mourning mother will be able to give her all the support she needs, and there would be absolutely no benefit for Emily to have a parent around that’s also experienced violence, traumatic loss, and (seeming) survivor’s guilt.

I liked the character of Beau until the finale, and think Jensen Ackles did a great job with what he was given, but to throw away his character’s entire season-long motivation in a couple of minutes? I’m sure there’s excitement that Beau might return for a season 4, but they’d almost be starting from scratch in characterization.

While I agree in theory with everything you said (except possibly the last paragraph), I think Emily is going to need more therapy than just a parent-who-understands (and hopefully Carla will get her to a good, qualified therapist).  I also think overly-protective (and feeling guilty) father Beau might want Emily far away from his job and anything that might cause him to endanger her.  How that works with her wanting him to "open up" to her more and giving her parental support, I have a feeling that (as far as the show is concerned) they want to show Beau/Jenny moving forward, so the old family has to be out of the picture. *sigh*  And the show hasn't been the best at paying attention to what's logical vs. what they want to happen.  I do expect to see him calling her, and we'll probably have Jenny, Cassie and Denise ask how Emily's doing  at least for the first few months, until it's no longer relevant to the storyline. 

• Like 5

Why was Sunny locked up? Couldn't they all agree to say that it was self-defense in killing Buck (which would have been plausible)? Did she actually commit any other crimes? 

I really liked this season and I will miss the show. Hopefully it returns next season. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, FrozenCacti said:

They didn't.  They just left open possibilities for Season 4 if they get a season 4. So that way nothing is definitively decided.  Beau didn't make a definitive decision on whether he was staying or not, he was talking about possibilities and even Carla and Emily aren't set in stone. At that point Carla has voiced her opinion to Beau that she wants to go back to Houston with Emily, if that is what she wants and thinks is best, he says he'll agree, for now at least. Emily's at an age where she can voice opinions regarding decisions about her life and where she wants to go, Carla may listen to her if she says "I want to stay here" insistently enough and if she does get counseling, counseling may even agree and give the same advice, best to stay here for now at least.

Also people get to different points in their lives, what was right for them 5 months ago, might not be right for them now.  At this point Beau has built up his life again, he has new friends, he has a career. He has a lot of positives in his life he didn't have when he started. Does he want to upend that when he's finally gotten back on his feet, to start over yet again, back to a place that as he said has a lot of ghosts for him? Carla left Houston to get away from her own "ghosts" which was apparently just a failed marriage at that point, and Beau followed her because of Emily. 

Carla once again is leaving to start over?  What if she meets another guy and gets married in 6 months and moves to California?  Would he be a bad parent for not once again following her because she moved Emily to yet another state? Emily is 15 or 16 he'd have another 2 or 3 years of it.  Why does Carla keep moving?  He'll still be Emily's father if they do move to Houston and he doesn't, video calls, holidays and school breaks, even weekend visits sometimes, it's not ideal but Carla is ultimately the one who can't seem to stay in one place, not him. 

Who knows while he's initially agreeable, he may decide to fight that - he's still got guilt about what happened in the past he may still be feeling he doesn't really have a right to disagree with her on it, that she knows best, but maybe after thinking about it for a bit he will, esp if Emily says anything about whether she wants to stay or go.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

They just left open possibilities for Season 4 if they get a season 4.

Another possibility is a time jump (there have been jumps of months before). They could have Emily finish HS and come live with her Dad or go to college near him. If not a time jump, maybe she's gifted and she graduates early?  Carla didn't seem to be an essential character, but Beau and daughter dynamic could be good.

I hope an announcement about S4 comes soon. 

7 hours ago, MAK said:

Some disappointing parts of the finale ---

I forgot one. 

They never mentioned all of the recordings Emily did.

It was an okay season finale by broadcast network drama standards.  And there were THREE people writing this thing. I didn’t really like it or dislike it, but I am glad the season’s over, even if was shorter than usual.  I thought there were more commercial breaks than usual, but maybe that was just me.  This show has always had elements of ridiculousness, but what the hell was up with Buck being so hard to take down?  He couldn’t be knocked out even once?  Beau was fine, but even though he sold the distraught father stuff, I still didn’t feel much when he reunited with Emily.  Maybe it’s because they didn’t have many scenes together and I didn’t quite buy the actress.  I am hoping Jensen is moving on, though, and Beau won’t be stopping by to visit anytime soon.  I have a feeling if there is another season, it’ll be a final 13 episodes airing next year.  While I’m sure Jensen enjoyed his time on the show, I thought he might post more about it on social media, but he rarely posts about anything anyway.  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ahrtee said:

So I guess the unidentified deal that Jensen Ackles signed the other day, (per Fangasm, with press release pending) might be for season 4?  (I assume they didn't want to spoil the season finale by letting people know he'd still be around.)  And that's assuming, of course, that there will be a season 4. 

In any event, YAY!  Beau didn't die.  And neither did Donno.  And Tonya *did* get the money.  And they've set up for Donya next season.  And Walter and Cormack are bonding.  And Paige is on her way out of town.  I didn't do too badly with my predictions, even though only Carla and Emily are heading back to Texas without Beau.  Though how he'll check up on Emily from so far away is hard to see.  Maybe he'll get her a tracking microchip so he won't have to call her every half hour.   

I thought Jensen was wonderful here, though I do have to say, when Beau was trying to get Buck to tell him where Emily was, I kept remembering the guy who was threatening Avery and thinking, "kneecap him!"  

ETA:  I have to say this is the first season finale I was actually looking forward to seeing since about season 5 of Supernatural.  It reminded me that shows can still set up possibilities for later seasons without resorting to cliffhanger endings.  Or maybe I'm just watching the wrong shows.  😊

I thought this was a really exciting season finale, it was tense and exciting and you couldn't be entirely sure where it would go.  

Jensen was really excellent, that scene where he was imagining how terrified Emily must be and then wiping the tears and trying to get a handle on himself was so good.  It made me cry. Also that expression when they had to let Buck leave with Sunny.  He's so good.

I knew Donno would live, was glad we got confirmation by the end.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Like 5

There's a good interview with Jensen at EW discussing the season finale and what he thinks might happen (no spoilers for season 4 but some possibilities): 

https://ew.com/tv/jensen-ackles-on-big-sky-season-3-finale/

I always find it fascinating how the actors/showrunners perceive things differently than the viewers.  

ETA: I put this in the Big Media thread too, since I wasn't sure where it belonged (it was so relevant to what's being discussed here).  Sorry if it's considered a double post.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

As season ending quotes go, you won't do any better than "It was like my first time at Tim Horton's".  Have a drink, Donno.

1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why was Sunny locked up? Couldn't they all agree to say that it was self-defense in killing Buck

They should have made a phone call to a certain ranch nearby, and asked if they could use the train station.

If Beau moves on, it won't hurt me.  He is the second worst sheriff in Montana (right behind that idiot working for that certain ranch).  Somehow they have a SWAT team available on a moment's notice to hit the abandoned truck and trailer, but he has to go into the barn with Jenny to meet with Buck.  And roll over for everything Buck says, because...Emily.  Walk right up to Buck and, as Donno said, shoot him in the big part of the leg. That will keep him immobile.  Then to charge and tackle him out there at the cliff.  That was just stupid.  

I want whatever cell phone Cassidy has that can get reception in an underground concrete bunker.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

finale, it was tense and exciting and you couldn't be entirely sure where it would go

I didn’t sense any tension or suspense at all. Of course the daughter would be ok.  Zero chance she’d die. This is network TV after all. Everything ends with puppies and rainbows.

1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Somehow they have a SWAT team available on a moment's notice to hit the abandoned truck and trailer, but he has to go into the barn with Jenny to meet with Buck.

Any law enforcement watching must be rolling on the floor in laughter.  The writing is absolutely ridiculous.  I can’t take any of it seriously.  Maybe season 4 could be more of a police satire.  Like Police Squad. It’s almost there now.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I watched Supernatural for about the first 10 Seasons. By the second episode of the first season I knew Jensen could be a big star in a more “normal” drama series. Who would have thought that SN would last 15 seasons? But seeing him in this series, I think I was right. The way that he was hugging Emily when they found her was full of honest emotion. The way he put his face in her hair was such an believable action. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I’ve also had to laugh at Twitter posts going on about Beau and Jenny as if they are the One True Pairing on the show.  I’m like, what??? Do I think they have chemistry?  Sure.  Would I have liked to see a kiss?  Yes.  But acting like they could be some epic-level couple with all the others in television history is a bit delusional to me.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
52 minutes ago, BornToDie said:

I’ve also had to laugh at Twitter posts going on about Beau and Jenny as if they are the One True Pairing on the show.  I’m like, what??? Do I think they have chemistry?  Sure.  Would I have liked to see a kiss?  Yes.  But acting like they could be some epic-level couple with all the others in television history is a bit delusional to me.

The answer to that is simply it's "Twitter". What else do you expect?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Have they officially confirmed another season, yet?  This didn't feel like a series finale or anything, but it did seem to at least wrap up the main arcs and whatnot, and didn't have any major cliffhangers.  I hadn't heard anything yet, so I was curious.

Had a feeling that Sunny was going to end up being part of Buck's downfall and shooting him in the chest is certainly a way to do it!  Kind of surprised that she's going to prison though, because I would have thought they would excuse it as self defense.  Or is she simply going to jail for hiding what she knew and obstruction?  I'm still unsure just how much she knew about him.  She clearly knew he had did some bad stuff, but I never got the sense she was aware of his serial killing days (don't hear that often!)  Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if we see her again in some form.  Reba McEntire clearly had a ball with this role.

Pleasantly surprised Walter made it out in one piece and he and Cormac might even develop something resembling a sibling relationship going forward.  Seth Gabel and Luke Mitchell were great additions to this season.

Knew Emily and Denise would be okay, but Jensen Ackles sold the hell out of Beau's panic and dismay over possibly losing his daughter.  And it actually led to Jenny having to be the calm one, which was refreshing.

Donno made it!  He's in a wheelchair though, but still!  And Tonya got the money after-all!  Can't wait to see what this crazy duo does with all of that!  And that kiss from last week was clearly "not just a kiss", even if they want to play it that way for now, heh.

Not a perfect season by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought this was a massive improvement over season two (despite having one of my favorite characters, Ren) and parts of season one.  I think only having thirteen episodes helped tone down some of the filler and having only one main obstacle certainly helped (see: still dealing with Ronald/Legarski while the Bhullar drama was ramping up.)  And while there was still plenty of ridiculous camp, I don't think it went full-blown off the rails like it did in S2.  And, then, of course, at the risk of sounding like a complete fanboy, I really do think bringing Jensen Ackles into this ended up being a boon, because his charisma and style of acting meshed well here and almost seemed to be a missing ingredient that this show needed.  Probably one of the best examples of bringing a new character in to liven things up and it actually working.  Either way, I'll be back.  But I still won't be against a Tonya/Donno spin-off either...

• Like 11

If that ends up being the series finale, its a decent enough place to end. I haven't heard one way or another and while I would certainly be happy to get another season, this is not a bad place to end. Most all of the plot threads are wrapped up, characters seem to be in good places, and we had a musical montage to close us out. This season really has been shockingly decent, not great by any means and full of a lot of that Big Sky ridiculousness, but it all came together pretty well and I did end up being pretty invested in the story. It helps that it was a shorter season so the plot was a lot more focused, no random amnesia twists or identical twins with dog fetishes. 

Buck kidnapping Emily and Denise seemed pretty pointless except for raising the steaks, even though we obviously know they're going to be fine, but it did at least give Jensen a chance to show his acting chops more. All of the new additions this season were great in general, especially Jensen Ackles. I know I am a bit biased towards Jensen, after so many seasons of Supernatural I think we went through a lot together, but he really did do a great job. I really felt his crushing fear when he was looking for Emily, even though I obviously knew that they would find her, I still felt that tension through him. The rest of the new cast was good as well, I was really impressed by Reba and her ability to add an edge to her more typical persona, and I was thrilled to see Seth Gabel on my TV again, walking the line between creepy and sympathetic. They really added a lot of depth even when things got crazy. Poor Cormac, this has just an one awful revelation after another, but at least he and Cassie are something now and he gets to know his long lost brother, who is sadly the least morally corrupted person in his family as it turns out. I admit, I got some real feels when they saw each other at the hospital. Was Sunny arrested just for shooting Buck, or was it also for hiding the hikers body and helping cover up for all of the crazy shit that's been happening on their ranch? She didn't know about the serial killing but she sure did know a lot. 

I will be happy to keep Beau around, but it does feel weird that he would just stay here even after his ex and daughter went back to Texas considering he did so much to stay near them. 

I cant believe they made us wait until the end of the episode to confirm that Donno was alright! He and Tonya really have been a highlight of the season, I love those crazy kids. They're the best kind of crazy this show has to offer, and it has a LOT of crazy to offer. 

• Like 7
20 hours ago, BornToDie said:

Shippers gonna ship esp when they have 260 character or less to do it in. LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

and it has a LOT of crazy to offer. 

They should run more with the crazy next season. Oddball characters, poignant moments, and scary murders for our sexy sheriff Beau to solve. 
No way this is a straight crime drama. I don’t think it even wants to be.

• Like 4
On 1/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Why was Sunny locked up? Couldn't they all agree to say that it was self-defense in killing Buck (which would have been plausible)? Did she actually commit any other crimes? 

I really liked this season and I will miss the show. Hopefully it returns next season. 

I'm sure her lawyer will argue that, but I don't think it is a clear enough case that they could just not arrest her. Especially considering that the person she killed had kidnapped Beau's daughter. If he let his killer go, it would look like he did it out of revenge.

Plus, I'm sure Reba only signed for one season, so it was either kill her or send her off somewhere.

• Like 2

Didn't Sunny say that she knew that Buck was the bleeding heart serial killer? I think what finally gave Sunny justification to kill Buck is that she thought Buck killed her son, Walter. At the time she shot Buck, Sunny did not know Walter survived Buck's attack.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Had a feeling that Sunny was going to end up being part of Buck's downfall and shooting him in the chest is certainly a way to do it!  Kind of surprised that she's going to prison though, because I would have thought they would excuse it as self defense.  Or is she simply going to jail for hiding what she knew and obstruction?  I'm still unsure just how much she knew about him.  She clearly knew he had did some bad stuff, but I never got the sense she was aware of his serial killing days (don't hear that often!) 

She at least is guilty of accessory to all kinds of crimes, even if she didn't actually take part in any of them.  Remember, not only did she sit and watch the hiker die rather than get him help, but she also told Walter to get rid of the body.  When she thought Walter had killed Paige, she told everyone that she had gone home and hid all her belongings.  And, of course, she was standing there when Buck killed Mary, and told him to get rid of that body, too.  She was the one behind the curtain cleaning up everything that everyone else did, so whether or not she knew about the BHK, she was smack in the middle of everything, directing, not just obstructing. I don't know how much the sheriff's department knows about all this (they never mentioned any of the other victims again, as if they never existed!) but hopefully, once they decide to put the blame for all the open cases in the last 20 years on Buck, they'll find out her part.  

Also, she had to be aware of the earlier murders (Buck doesn't seem very good at keeping secrets from her).  They were already married at the time (how old is Cormack?) so she's been covering up for him a long, long time.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Was Sunny arrested just for shooting Buck, or was it also for hiding the hikers body and helping cover up for all of the crazy shit that's been happening on their ranch?

Shhh! We're not supposed to ask about actual law enforcement investigations and procedures, like warrants, charges, legal representation, etc. 😊

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
15 hours ago, ahrtee said:

She at least is guilty of accessory to all kinds of crimes, even if she didn't actually take part in any of them.  Remember, not only did she sit and watch the hiker die rather than get him help, but she also told Walter to get rid of the body.  When she thought Walter had killed Paige, she told everyone that she had gone home and hid all her belongings.  And, of course, she was standing there when Buck killed Mary, and told him to get rid of that body, too.  She was the one behind the curtain cleaning up everything that everyone else did, so whether or not she knew about the BHK, she was smack in the middle of everything, directing, not just obstructing.

I can just imagine Beau and Jenny and Cassie going to the ADA and tag team explaining this, while all the while the ADA is looking at them with glazed eyes and saying "I could have had a nice little family law practice in Omaha, but no, I had to come out here...."

• LOL 6
16 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I can just imagine Beau and Jenny and Cassie going to the ADA and tag team explaining this, while all the while the ADA is looking at them with glazed eyes and saying "I could have had a nice little family law practice in Omaha, but no, I had to come out here...."

Of course, the only way they could prove her involvement would be with Buck as witness, which, oops.  Walter could testify about the hiker, but not without incriminating himself.  So.....

• Like 3
On 1/19/2023 at 6:37 AM, MAK said:

Why did Buck kidnap Paige? He could have just knifed her like he did that camper, and hidden her in the woods. To be found or not.

This is the only one I'll try to answer.  we didn't see any of the original broken heart kills.  He might have had a ritual for that that he needed to do.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I would at the very least say she's an accessory to Mary's murder.

so, did Walter kill his adopted parents or not?  Because abusive or not, that's still a crime with no statute of limitations.

Well, that wasn't the worst TV season of anything I've ever seen, but I still don't know that I need to watch next year. There were a lot of plotholes and I'll all about the logic.

• Like 3

So we still don’t know who killed Luke?  I’m guessing Buck, since he was shot a/an arrow.

At first I thought Beau made a mistake not going back to TX w/Carla & Emily.  But Carla still needs to grieve for Avery, and Emily needs serious therapy.  This is not the time to try to put the family back together.  But if there’s a S4, I hope Beau goes back eventually.  I don’t like the idea of him w/Jenny.  

But I would not be opposed to seeing Cormac, or even Walter, again.  And Walter’s “Hello friend”, to Cormac echoing his first words in the season, really  makes the former less sinister.  All he ever wanted was a friend or family.  Maybe now he’s got both in Cormac.

Go get that 🦊 breeding business Donno!  Maybe upgrade the diner, too, since you seem to be good at that.  For once, Tonya actually appeared likeable.

@ahrtee I’m hoping the announcement is the return of Soldier Boy in S4 or 5 of The Boys.  While I prefer Jensen as a good guy, SB was a much more complex & compelling character than Beau.

• Like 3
On 1/21/2023 at 11:44 PM, KeithJ said:

Beau and Jenny sure got to the mineshaft fast.  They were running up just as everyone was coming out.

The mine shaft was in the same area as where Sunny and Buck got engaged.   

I definitely would prefer Beau stays in Montana, and Emily too(Carla can do whatever, she has issues she needs to admit to), I like him and Jenny together.  I think they have great chemistry.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
On 1/22/2023 at 2:38 PM, Katy M said:

so, did Walter kill his adopted parents or not?  Because abusive or not, that's still a crime with no statute of limitations.

I think he did kill his adopted parents (if not, why hide him in the woods?).  I agree there is no statute of limitations but I suspect the DA wasn't interested in trying the case.  He was a minor when it happened, he was being abused and he would have the testimony of his adopted sister to corroborate what happen.  I can't remember the sister's story exactly but what he did may have even been in "protection of others" similar to self defense.  I'm not sure a jury would convict so maybe the DA didn't see any reason to bother.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Like 4

I have to admit that I could spend hours watching Jensen Ackles be one of those human statues, like the one in Moon Knight, but I’m not sure I could watch him in another season of the show. This is my first season watching Big Sky and if it weren’t for Jensen I doubt I would’ve made it past episode two.

This show is a monument to stupidity. I don’t think I’ve seen as many idiot characters in anything other than a Mel Brooks comedy. And the writers couldn’t even finesse their big surprise: I suspected Buck was the bleeding heart killer almost from the beginning (since this was not a show that lingered in my memory after the episode was over, I don’t remember now exactly what it was that kicked off the Suspect-O-Meter). 

I wished I liked the character of Beau  Arlen better, but the writers just didn’t really give him anything to do that was interesting or had any depth, IMO. In fact, my favorite character ended up being Donno!  (And he and Tonya make a great couple. I’m glad they ended up with a 15 million 😆)

I am really hoping that Jensen has some other irons in the fire.

Edited by Boadicea
  • Like 4

I loved the Big Sky finale and have watched it three times.

The open ending for Jenny and Beau made me so happy.

I was thinking they were going to send him back to Texas with Carla and Emily and I'm so glad they didn't. 

So there's still hope for my favorite pairing on this show and that was all I wanted for them.

I thought Jensen Ackles owned this episode and if he wants to come back I would gladly watch him continue to add layers to Beau Arlen.

I've loved this show so much and looked forward to it every week. I truly hope that it will be renewed. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

This is the series finale, is it not? No? Well, it is for me. I like Katheryn Winnick and I do hope that she is cast for bigger things in the future, but this show is ain't it. Even she cannot hold it any longer for me.

Three seasons in the books, we still do not know who Trooper Legarski worked for. As well, the Bhullars case is still wide open. Enough already. Not to mention all the nonsense with the Sherriff Department. A department which working members are only the Sherriff himself and two deputies.

Specifically for this episode, so in Helena, MT, one can just go to a closed repair shop, and there will be a fuel tank to fill up freely?

• Like 3

How did Jenny and Beau get to the mine shaft so quickly? Either the stuff with Buck and Sunny was taking place literally 15 feet away, OR we didn't get to see the part where Denise and Emily were rescued and Cassie and Cormac told them "Let's call Jenny and Beau and tell them where you are, and then sit here in this "mineshaft" until they show up."

And... after all is said and done, isn't Walter still a murderer, several times over? Donno, as well?

This show is where logic goes to die. Hard to believe it comes from the same mind that brought us Joe Pickett. (The books, and the TV series.) I have to think that C.J. Box has very little to do with any of the screenwriting.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lakebum said:

... after all is said and done, isn't Walter still a murderer, several times over? Donno, as well?

The only people Walter killed were his abusive adoptive parents.  And his sister said that he did it to save her.  So maybe second degree or manslaughter?  

Mark tripped & fell (Sunny covered it up), Luke was probably murdered by Buck, Mary was killed by Buck, and all the Bleeding Hearts kills were by Buck, the ranger was killed by Hootie, Donno killed the mob guys in self defense (except the one in Avery's hotel).

51 minutes ago, roamyn said:

The only people Walter killed were his abusive adoptive parents.  And his sister said that he did it to save her.  So maybe second degree or manslaughter?  

Mark tripped & fell (Sunny covered it up), Luke was probably murdered by Buck, Mary was killed by Buck, and all the Bleeding Hearts kills were by Buck, the ranger was killed by Hootie, Donno killed the mob guys in self defense (except the one in Avery's hotel).

I’m sure pretty Donno killed quite a few others previously.