Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E09: And A Trauma In A Pear Tree

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

No offense to you awesome people, but absolutely none of these scenarios sound remotely appealing!

All of these scenarios sound nauseating to me to be honest, but since MH and the showrunners love Noah drama and Benson soapy stuff, it wouldn’t surprise me if Noah’s half brother and his family play a major role going forward. I’m afraid we are in for a ton of heavy Benson focus now that the writers second favorite character, Rollins, is gone. I was hoping Rollins’ departure would mean more Fin/Velasco and  more legal stuff with Carisi but I’m afraid it will just mean even more focus on St Olivia. 

• Love 4

Did anyone else think the "I want to meet my big brother from online in person!" teaser was pointing toward Noah being groomed?  I was so relieved the show didn't go down that path that the rest of it was almost tolerable.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 853fisher said:

Did anyone else think the "I want to meet my big brother from online in person!" teaser was pointing toward Noah being groomed?  I was so relieved the show didn't go down that path that the rest of it was almost tolerable.

No, I thought that Noah had applied to the Big Brothers Big Sisters non-profit organization around the country.  Conner was going to be a big brother to him because he doesn't have a father figure.  I wasn't expecting a bio bro with a Stepford family complete with home baked apple pies and expensive Playstation 5 gift.  Wonder what Olivia's gift was.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

They brought this family in for some reason.  They could be truly perfect. Noah wants to get close to his bro.  Begs Liv to let him live with that family.  Liv realizes him   living in  the suburbs may be better, safer for him .Thus also another way to get Liv out of maternal mode so she can focus on Stabler. 

Would you say over the years the producers and writers have a tendency to introduce new characters that are suppose to be friendly, but turn out to be evil and such? I.E., that lady FBI undercover agent who saved Benson's or Stabler's life in a shootout, but we later find out she was covering up a murder, and Benson's former teacher and first lover, who they some how labelled a serial predator. Even though IMO, he wasn't a really a predator, just a guy with a smooth routine.

What I have learned over the years is that the nicer and angelic a character is at the beginning, they end up taking a hard 180 and become literally the exact opposite.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I was surprised when Benson was surprised Noah told her about the "Big Brother". I thought Benson would be overseeing Noah's use of his time on the internet. I thought she would be so careful and almost paranoid to check his browser history every night, considering she sees a lot those predators enticing kids on the internet.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No offense to you awesome people, but absolutely none of these scenarios sound remotely appealing!

Dear @WendyCR72 :

We regret to inform you that we will not be proceeding with your application for NBC Programming Executive at this time. We appreciate your obvious passion for quality television, but we have received many submissions from a large, diverse and talented pool of applicants, many of whom understand that when a pitch is made for an idea that a People's Choice Award winning address will love that the appropriate response is to approve it with notes asking if the producers can find a way to bring in a big name guest star, and have decided to move forward with some of those other applicants.

We wish you luck in your future endeavors and invite you apply for future openings with NBCUniversal. Specifically, Director of Original Comedy Programming for Peacock. Please let us know if you are interested and we can have you start next week.

Sincerely,
NBCUniversal

Edited by wknt3
ducking autocorrect
  • LOL 12
On 12/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Yes, I understand that, but hasn't it always been like that when they want to end something (Rollins Carisi marriage) or start something (Noah new family). Where the next episode will be something suspicious about the new family, that Noah wants to associate with. I guess we are just beating the writers and producers to the punch about it, because it will concern Benson and her private life, which will be taking valuable time away from an investigation concerning a crime with a good premise

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 3

I am in shock cause I actually liked this one!
A lot.
I can't even remember when it was the last time I really enjoyed an SVU episode.
Was it the wedding?
Was it that Liv and Noah 's story was very tolerable?
Was all the Amanda & Liv scenes? Probably the latter, I enjoyed those scenes so much that at one point I even wished for a spinoff with Liv and Amanda as PIs away from the SVU drama!
The only plot I did not enjoy was the court one, oh well you cannot have it all.

I am not sure of how much I will miss Rollins, mostly cause they writers have frakked up her character so much...but at the end I am glad she left on a good note and had a happy ending. I quite like the actress and I give her kudos for managing to keep a good performance level with such mediocre material she has been given all these years.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Zaffy said:

I am in shock cause I actually liked this one!
A lot.
I can't even remember when it was the last time I really enjoyed an SVU episode.
Was it the wedding?
Was it that Liv and Noah 's story was very tolerable?
Was all the Amanda & Liv scenes? Probably the latter, I enjoyed those scenes so much that at one point I even wished for a spinoff with Liv and Amanda as PIs away from the SVU drama!
The only plot I did not enjoy was the court one, oh well you cannot have it all.

I am not sure of how much I will miss Rollins, mostly cause they writers have frakked up her character so much...but at the end I am glad she left on a good note and had a happy ending. I quite like the actress and I give her kudos for managing to keep a good performance level with such mediocre material she has been given all these years.

🙂

Totally agree with 2nd paragraph about Kelli.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

When is Noah being sent to boarding school?  There are several in Northern New England hours away from NYC.

Thanks to those who clarified the graffiti scene. I had no clue what was going on. I had forgotten about the subway attack.

I think the best therapy for disappointed longtime fans is to watch really old reruns on the Ion Network.  You get a glimpse of an excellent ensemble drama, before it turned into the beatification of St. Olivia of Manhattan.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

🙂

Totally agree with 2nd paragraph about Kelli.

Agreed that Kelli Giddish is a good actress who did a good job portraying Rollins despite extremely inconsistent and poor writing for the character. It’s not her fault that I don’t care for Rollins, it’s because the writing for the character was all over the map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed that Kelli Giddish is a good actress who did a good job portraying Rollins despite extremely inconsistent and poor writing for the character. It’s not her fault that I don’t care for Rollins, it’s because the writing for the character was all over the map.

Yeah, I feel the same way about KG and the new Mrs. Carisi.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, wknt3 said:

We wish you luck in your future endeavors and invite you apply for future openings with NBCUniversal. Specifically, Director of Original Comedy Programming for Peacock. Please let us know if you are interested and we can have you start next week.

LOL! Aww, you mean, NBC remembers little ol' me participating in their focus group for then-new comedy Caroline in the City all the way back in '95, going so far as calling me on an ancient landline?

They must have loved my insight as far as comedy goes, to extend such a lovely offer so many years later! /s

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 12/9/2022 at 6:18 PM, wknt3 said:

But will the Church be satisfied with blessing a wedding to Rollins? I know Priests who bless same sex unions who would say that officiating this wedding is a bridge too far...

Most priests would not bat an eye at Rollins having two different baby daddies.  The method Carisi would use to get his marriage blessed by the Church is the same that other Catholics use when they are divorced and waiting for the annulment to go through.  I know of multiple couples who had their marriage blessed in such a fashion. Of course, I have always gone to parishes with good priests who understand human nature and our foibles.  Priests who would choose to keep a Catholic like Carisi right with the Church over slut-shaming Rollins.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:
On 12/9/2022 at 6:18 PM, wknt3 said:

But will the Church be satisfied with blessing a wedding to Rollins? I know Priests who bless same sex unions who would say that officiating this wedding is a bridge too far...

Most priests would not bat an eye at Rollins having two different baby daddies.  The method Carisi would use to get his marriage blessed by the Church is the same that other Catholics use when they are divorced and waiting for the annulment to go through.  I know of multiple couples who had their marriage blessed in such a fashion. Of course, I have always gone to parishes with good priests who understand human nature and our foibles.  Priests who would choose to keep a Catholic like Carisi right with the Church over slut-shaming Rollins.  

Yes, but you forget that Carisi can extort the priest. He can cancel all their charity Bingo events if he wants to do that.

1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

I didn't read all the comments but can someone please explain the drama behind Kelli leaving the show?

Did you just come back with the four astronauts to Earth in a SpaceX capsule? (Just kidding).

In short, Kelli Giddish had a spat over money with management. She says they wanted her to take a pay cut to reduce cost of the series. They said she wanted a big raise because she thought she deserved it for being there a long time. It's up to you to believe what you want, but it's probably the same reason why Meloni left after 12 years. Also Dick Wolf Productions have a reputation for penny pinching.

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

It was not a serious condemnation - it was a humorous remark about what a mess the character is due to poor writing over the years and how even the most forgiving would be hesitant to give their blessing. I have no problem with having kids with multiple partners. I do have a problem with a history of abuse, both self and otherwise, the self-preservation instincts of a lemming crossed with a salmon, and the coping skills of a toddler on meth. Forget about a good priest, that couple needs Wong, Skoda, and Olivet for about 5 years of pre-marital counseling!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2022 at 7:08 AM, dttruman said:

Would you say over the years the producers and writers have a tendency to introduce new characters that are suppose to be friendly, but turn out to be evil and such? I.E., that lady FBI undercover agent who saved Benson's or Stabler's life in a shootout, but we later find out she was covering up a murder, and Benson's former teacher and first lover, who they some how labelled a serial predator. Even though IMO, he wasn't a really a predator, just a guy with a smooth routine.

I really hated what they did to that FBI lady and if they wanted to do that story that was based on a lady cop in real life then they should have introduced a new character that season who fit in right in with the squad and then we find out during the penultimate episode of that season that she had covered up a murder years ago when she was a new cop as a young lady..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I really hated what they did to that FBI lady and if they wanted to do that story that was based on a lady cop in real life then they should have introduced a new character that season who fit in right in with the squad and then we find out during the penultimate episode of that season that she had covered up a murder years ago when she was a new cop as a young lady..

I can't remember it too well, but didn't that FBI lady frame an innocent man for that murder? If so, that makes her character even worse

3 hours ago, dttruman said:

I can't remember it too well, but didn't that FBI lady frame an innocent man for that murder? If so, that makes her character even worse

If you’re talking about Dana Lewis, she killed a woman who was marrying the man Dana was in love with, and she staged the crime scene to make it look like a serial killer was responsible. So yes she tried to frame another person for the murder, albeit a person who had killed 4 other women. I was never a big fan of the Dana character so it didn’t outrage me the way it did others when it was revealed she was a killer, but I’m fucking sick of SVU shitting on popular characters for shock value - they’ve crapped all over their 4 main ADA’s (let’s hope they don’t go 5 for 5 with Carisi), Chester Lake and ME Rudnick became villains, they made Cassidy and Tucker look bad for shock value, they trash almost everyone not named Olivia Benson.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

but I’m fucking sick of SVU shitting on popular characters for shock value - they’ve crapped all over their 4 main ADA’s (let’s hope they don’t go 5 for 5 with Carisi), Chester Lake and ME Rudnick became villains, they made Cassidy and Tucker look bad for shock value, they trash almost everyone not named Olivia Benson.

Yeah, I was really mad when they had Tucker take his own life. Why not give the character a little dignity. If Benson or Noah were to get some incurable disease, we all know there will be some sort of medical restoration discovered to save their lives.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Yeah, I was really mad when they had Tucker take his own life. Why not give the character a little dignity. If Benson or Noah were to get some incurable disease, we all know there will be some sort of medical restoration discovered to save their lives.

Agreed, that was a terrible ending for Tucker, and they killed him off just so he wouldn’t be in the way of the inevitable Benson/Stabler romance. If they really wanted to write Tucker off, they should’ve just had him retire and move out of state, or if they absolutely had to have him dead, have him be killed by dirty cops while in the line of duty and go out a hero. They chose a lousy, terrible way to get rid of Tucker, just so they could beat us over the head with Benson angst and pave the way for a Benson/Stabler relationship. I always liked Tucker, and I thought his actor was one of the few actors who had strong chemistry with MH. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 12/10/2022 at 10:15 AM, Diana Berry said:

I’m guessing that Noah will end up spending time with Stepford family.  Liv is recuperating thus leaving her some alone time with Stabler.

Other thought half bro will end up being creepy.  He will end up doing something in Liv’s district this being charged by her team.  Noah will have a breakdown.  I could go on. 

I thought for sure something would happen to Noah in that bedroom. I was yelling at the TV for him not to go in there.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

My first thought about Noah's half-bro is that he needs a kidney or bone marrow or something and Noah is his only chance. 

That would work for the writers. It would take Noah out of circulations for an extended amount of time, unless they have more recent and exciting plans for him and Benson.

• Love 1
On 12/9/2022 at 4:29 AM, Debbiejo said:

Benson is a NYPD Captain who makes a 6 figure salary.  Why are she and Noah staying in a creepy Motel 8…… aren’t there any Hampton Inn type chains ?  So ridiculous..  and what 12 year old boy still had his mother constantly calling him sweetheart????

I have 4 boys, all over the age of 17, and I still call them sweetie from time to time. I’m glad they aren’t making Noah an obnoxious sullen teen yet. He’s only 12. Most of the 12 year old boys I know are still very much little kids. And again having raised 4 boys, these two at 12 and 13 seem more realistic than some shows where they have 16 year olds portray tweens. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DaynaPhile said:

I have 4 boys, all over the age of 17, and I still call them sweetie from time to time. I’m glad they aren’t making Noah an obnoxious sullen teen yet. He’s only 12. Most of the 12 year old boys I know are still very much little kids. And again having raised 4 boys, these two at 12 and 13 seem more realistic than some shows where they have 16 year olds portray tweens. 

I hope you don't call any of your sons, "Sweetie" with their friends around?

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, LtKelley said:

As if the friends don't have moms who do stuff like that. 

I am sure those friends wouldn't want their moms to do it either. When I was growing up at a young age about 5 Y.O or older., I didn't like being called that. When you are a young boy, you hate to be reminded how young and how small you are.

What exactly was the trauma in the pear tree? It felt mostly like a lowkey day in the life episode where the only "case" was a creepy low rent hotel with cameras. Why exactly even was Olivia at this crappy charge by the hour hotel anyway? She couldn't spring for a Hampton Inn in this quaint suburb? This episode was alright, a decent enough send off for Rollins, but I was mostly just bored. I am not a big Rollins fan, but I feel bad that we didn't really get to see her wedding after so much build up, the courthouse wedding and her ugly dress were a let down. I am glad at least that she is leaving on a decent note, even if the idea of her being a professor is still utterly laughable. Like I said, not a huge fan, but she's still a long standing major character who deserves a nice send off. I would have liked more of her wedding and definitely more of her and Finn, who has been a mentor to her, instead of being all about Saint Olivia. I think this episode also highlights why its not a great idea to be best friends with your boss, you can accidently tell her your quitting your job while getting drunk together. Of course Rollins big ending episode ends up being all about Olivia. 

I have been mostly positive to neutral to Muncy, but she was just awful in this one. Not only did she seriously damage the trail to lock up an extremely dangerous person, and will probably put this poor family through another trail, she came off as dangerously unprofessional and kind of unstable. I don't think that someone who has that kind of temper should be a cop, one charge of brutality might be ambiguous enough that you could give her the benefit of the doubt, but multiple charges and accusations is a very bad pattern. The only part of that plot I liked was Carisi's face when Muncy started ranting and yelling, he looked like he was about to yell at her to shut up. She's got a nasty temper and is dumb as a box of rocks, I am so not sure about her as a main character going forward. 

Why does the show insist on writing Noah like he's five years old and not almost a teenager? He's twelve but they write him as this adorably precocious little kid, its really weird. I tend to not mind Noah as much as a lot of people here, but a whole episode with him and a long lost brother is not something at all interesting to me. Just a boring episode all around. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Like a lot of you, I think we are going to have more Benson-Noah storylines. Considering  this being an episode that featured a longtime leading cast member’s departure, there was more on this personal story than you would have expected. Is Connor going to be a mini- Johnny D? His parents not as good as they seem? The anguish is only just beginning … for us. I hope Benson brought a dish, wine or something for dinner considering they gave  Noah a PlayStation and her a gift. 

I am very happy to see Rollins go; Kelli Giddish did a good job making me dislike Rollins. I thought it was odd that they didn’t have at least Rollins’ kids at the wedding.  I also thought it was strange that she is considered to be an expert at forensic psychology all of a sudden; Fordham must have a low bar for requirements to be hired as a professor. I thought Fin- Rollins were slighted with their goodbye moment. And that wedding dress Rollins wore: wth?? Amish and Mennonite brides called: she can keep that dress ; They don’t even want it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Like a lot of you, I think we are going to have more Benson-Noah storylines. Considering  this being an episode that featured a longtime leading cast member’s departure, there was more on this personal story than you would have expected. Is Connor going to be a mini- Johnny D? His parents not as good as they seem? The anguish is only just beginning … for us. I hope Benson brought a dish, wine or something for dinner considering they gave  Noah a PlayStation and her a gift. 

The way they are told to write these little adventures about Benson and Noah, there will have to be a lot more content and I agree with you.  I forgot all about the Playstation! Those things cost at least $400-500 dollars, so giving out an expensive gift to someone you don't know and Benson not knowing what Noah was doing (especially on the internet) tells me they're clumsily trying to set something up for the future.

• Like 3

Rollins wore that Amish Bride Reject Wedding Dress to counteract the fact that the blushing bride has two baby daddy offspring.  We were robbed of a Mama Carisi Mother-of-the-Groom scene and the moment she realizes her son's new stepdaughters have two different biodads.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/2/2023 at 6:56 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Rollins wore that Amish Bride Reject Wedding Dress to counteract the fact that the blushing bride has two baby daddy offspring.  We were robbed of a Mama Carisi Mother-of-the-Groom scene and the moment she realizes her son's new stepdaughters have two different biodads.

All that extra time was prioritized for Benson and Noah's personal moments. That wedding dress did seemed very very conservative for this show. I wonder why it wasn't more progressive. Do you think it was suppose to be old-fashion because Carisi's Mom was suppose to be there, but they decided to cut out the mother-in-law part?

Edited by dttruman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

The only thing I can think of is Amanda wanted to look respectable for the courthouse.  She knew Mama Carisi, who would have been there if the show wasn't so cheap that they didn't bring back the wonderful Ms. Beverly D'Angelo, was not going to be in attendance.  We were robbed!  At least Amanda didn't do a white Victoria's Secret lingerie-looking gown!  She just went the other way.  🤣

10 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

At least Amanda didn't do a white Victoria's Secret lingerie-looking gown!

If it was a "Victoria's Secret lingerie-looking gown", I believe I would have watched it even if it was a pay-per-view.

• LOL 1

Since they were doing what seemed to be a quicky wedding at the courthouse, I  would have expected her to wear something white if she had it, otherwise a nice dress.  When did they decide and when did she have time to pick up her cult dress? It looked like there should be multiple wives. 

I am assuming we'll learn that Noah's brother is exhibiting dangerous behaviors so we can go back into Liv's "OMG is criminality inherited?!?!?!?!" panic from her early years. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/13/2022 at 8:15 PM, dttruman said:

In short, Kelli Giddish had a spat over money with management. She says they wanted her to take a pay cut to reduce cost of the series. They said she wanted a big raise because she thought she deserved it for being there a long time. It's up to you to believe what you want, but it's probably the same reason why Meloni left after 12 years. Also Dick Wolf Productions have a reputation for penny pinching.

I've been thinking about this and I think Kelli is ungrateful; I'm sure there are thousands of actors and actresses around the world who would kill to have a role like hers for so many years, with all the money and the recognizability that comes with it. If she wants to do something else in her career I find it more understandable than wanting more money. Let's be honest, most of the scenes in this show are made in an office or a courtroom, with some exceptions of chasing bad guys. Not that hard of a job. Anyway I think it will eventually be her loss.

At least Kelli Giddish had her character have a happy ending and leave alive.

I recall in the '90s, one of the leads of New York Undercover (yes, that was also in the stable of Dick Wolf shows!) wanted a raise. The character was very popular. But then the actor and Wolf/TPTB were at a stalemate, and the character died in the line of duty. And I recall, in TV Guide or some other TV press, that it was said that Dick Wolf had the character killed so as to make an example to other actors holding shows hostage for more money. True? No idea, but that was the rumor.

So Amanda Rollins got off easy.

And while I get Giddish feeling she deserved a big raise in theory - for being on so long - I think she was being unrealistic, too. This show is in Season 24. Not many shows see that, and Lord knows how much gas is left. She had to know the budget has been slashed to ribbons. If the show was maybe 10 to 15 years younger, I'd see Kelli's side. As it is, it smacks of stupidity at best and greed at worst.

Of course, she isn't alone. Maybe had other cast members agreed to pay cuts, Rollins could have stayed. But others have bigger slices of the TV money pie, so cuts had to happen somewhere...

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 1/17/2023 at 4:14 PM, WendyCR72 said:

At least Kelli Giddish had her character have a happy ending and leave alive.

I recall in the '90s, one of the leads of New York Undercover (yes, that was also in the stable of Dick Wolf shows!) wanted a raise. The character was very popular. But then the actor and Wolf/TPTB were at a stalemate, and the character died in the line of duty. And I recall, in TV Guide or some other TV press, that it was said that Dick Wolf had the character killed so as to make an example to other actors holding shows hostage for more money. True? No idea, but that was the rumor.

So Amanda Rollins got off easy.

Dick Wolf has had quite the track record of dumping actors to make it clear that the show is bigger than any one actor. Which is why it's more than a bit ironic that SVU has ended up where it is, as perhaps more beholden to a performer's ego than any other scripted series on television. And yes Rollins got off easy considering how the last few showrunners have written off other's creations. Which is part of the reason I think it was simply business and everyone is trying to not burn any bridges.

And while I get Giddish feeling she deserved a big raise in theory - for being on so long - I think she was being unrealistic, too. This show is in Season 24. Not many shows see that, and Lord knows how much gas is left. She had to know the budget has been slashed to ribbons. If the show was maybe 10 to 15 years younger, I'd see Kelli's side. As it is, it smacks of stupidity at best and greed at worst.

Of course, she isn't alone. Maybe had other cast members agreed to pay cuts, Rollins could have stayed. But others have bigger slices of the TV money pie, so cuts had to happen somewhere...

Have we seen any reporting anywhere she was asking for a big raise? Perhaps she was simply asking for similar pay and more time off as others have when their contacts were up for renewal. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, but they have simply reached the point where they can't even do that. It's also possible NBC wanted to go younger and/or shake things up a bit.

And yes I could certainly see conversations where a performer was told they would need to take a pay cut to keep Giddish and bring in a younger regular and that no matter how much they valued their creative input and leadership it was the only way to make the numbers work. Followed by the response that if that was case they were going to have to deal with public social media posts saying that they strongly disagreed with letting KG go and told them so...

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Have we seen any reporting anywhere she was asking for a big raise? Perhaps she was simply asking for similar pay and more time off as others have when their contacts were up for renewal. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, but they have simply reached the point where they can't even do that. It's also possible NBC wanted to go younger and/or shake things up a bit.

From a few of the articles that popped out, she just wanted the normal pay raise associated with the number of years the actor has put in. The reason why Hargitay may have clout is because of her position, coming in and under budget, but also because of her charity for victims, that draws a lot of free publicity for the show.

It's too bad they always have to think cheap, before they think quality.

• Like 1
On 1/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, SummerDreams said:

I've been thinking about this and I think Kelli is ungrateful; I'm sure there are thousands of actors and actresses around the world who would kill to have a role like hers for so many years, with all the money and the recognizability that comes with it. If she wants to do something else in her career I find it more understandable than wanting more money. Let's be honest, most of the scenes in this show are made in an office or a courtroom, with some exceptions of chasing bad guys. Not that hard of a job. Anyway I think it will eventually be her loss.

Those actors would kill for being on a show for so long, but you are looking at it from hind sight. What we have definitely heard over the years is how stingy Wolf Productions was and is, so I am more likely to be Giddish and her agent than what's put out by SVU reps