Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Let's Bring It Home

• Start Topic

As the charter season comes to an end, the crew has their wildest night yet.

Bravo Airdate: 11/14/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Tasha thinks she's grown?  Well at least she knows part of the problem is that she has to always be with someone, though maybe she's been fed those lines.

The two newbies were barely around to register.  Ellie was 2 hours late for her shift but nobody complained.  What are they going to do, fire her?

I didn't realize chefs used that torch so much, to give it probably some browning as a finishing look.  He's there sculpting the food on the plate with his bare hands.  Maybe fancy plating is overrated.

Who knows how many or if any of these people will be back other than Kyle.  The locale was gorgeous but it seemed like it was too frequently windy, making docking operations difficult.  Maybe they filmed in the wrong time of the year.

Is there going to be a reunion?  We will see if Storm and Natalya kept in touch or others.  They probably want to be around the Bravo orbit and attend those fan conventions and such.

• Love 1

Like an annoying stew who just won’t go away, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

OK, so right out of the gate Elena is late for her shift – not the best first impression, but what are they going to do?  It’s the last charter of the season.  Elena’s tardiness is bad enough but Natasha, as Chief Stew only notices this an hour after Elana should be on station.  it’s not like Elena is hiding in a storage compartment somewhere – she’s in her bunk.  No extreme detective skills required to locate her.  And yet no one looks for her!  She gets up 2 hours late on her own.  Crackerjack management skills, there, Natasha.

Charter guest: “How cool would it be if we did an iowaska retreat?”  Less chance of losing your jewelry – though… maybe not.  Oh, and charter guest, your obscene limerick: real class, mate.  If that’s a class in no class.

Pancake Man should do his next charter at IHOP.  He never did get one he liked.  It was like Goldichain (lost) and the 3 Bears – these pancakes were too thin – these pancakes were too thick – and there was never one just right.  Though I do suspect the whole thing was staged/made up, much like the missing gold chain.

Dave: “The least I could do is cook something amazing for the last dinner.”  How about… pancakes?

Elena is a quick study – she’s two hours late for work and then gets Reid to do her work as well!  Although Storm has to warn her about not sticking a metal fork in the toaster – “It explodes.”  Elena: “How did I not notice?”  Brainbox.

And so we come to the end of the season. 

I did like seeing Mzi and Courtney again, though I do think Mzi is still carrying a bit of a torch for Courtney from a previous season.

Things I will *not* miss:

1)      Kyle.  The only positive thing I can say about him is that I positively loathe him.

2)      Natasha and Dave’s nutty relationship.  A study in ignorance and self-destruction, respectively.

3)      Storm and Natalya’s nutty relationship.  See above but slightly more diluted.

4)      The twerking.  The endless twerking.

5)      The Sterile and Characterless Boat:  It’s like sailing in a giant bar of ivory soap – also with no stabilisers

6)      Captain Queeg – though she was delightfully not in it much.

What will happen next season?  Will Kyle come back like a toe fungus you can’t get rid of?  Will there be any normal relationships amongst the crew?  What’s the over/under on how many times Captain Queeg will lose it?  Stay tuned – if can remember to do so.

For my part, now I have to choose what I want for supper.  I’m thinking…. Pancakes!  (:

• Applause 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

I would tune in to see everyone again except Tash.  The new guy Reid, like Mzi, may be too normal but I like them.  Kyle needs a chief stew who is competent and not his BFF.  He's clearly got magic healing powers with that ankle he was screaming and crying about.  

What would Chef Dave be like without Tash?   Is he a pyscho or was he just toyed with non-stop by her?     And although this isn't popular, I missed meddling Sandy.  

No  more twerking and nipple licking.  

• Love 3

Overall I'd rate this season as a fail. Even Courtney got on my nerves with her constant twerking and flashing the camera man her boobs in the car. 

Natasha is maybe the worst Chief Stew I've seen on a BD show, and that's saying a lot. She needs professional help. So does Dave. 

I have a feeling Natalya would be a holy terror if she were ever Chief Stew. And Kyle, ugh. I don't know what this show likes about him. He's awful. I think the show just thinks it's funny that he's a bitchy gay guy but he's a terrible stew and a big crybaby to boot. 

I wish Bravo had the guts to drop Sandy. I can't believe there are any Sandy fans out there. I'm guessing they think they'd be in trouble if they lost their one and only female captain. 

I get the distinct impression the franchise is having trouble booking "guests" for these charters, this was a terrible season for guests and so was Down Under. Hopefully they can get real charter guests again some day and stop recruiting people to play the part. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I have a feeling Natalya would be a holy terror if she were ever Chief Stew.

Her affect is often very odd.

Surely Bravo can find another female captain. Or perhaps the good ones won't be associated with this show.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1

Sandy explained her background.  She had drug and alcohol problems in school, was sentenced? to clean boats.

Then someone there sent her to school, some kind of a formal program with a path to becoming captain.

She doesn't impart a lot of wisdom to crew members about hard work and dedication, though she could certainly share some.  There probably aren't too many female captains.

Truth is, the crew members on this show are drawn as much by reality show celebrity as by interest in a nautical career.  Probably moreso the former.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow.  So the new stew is two hours late for work and NO ONE thinks to just knock on her door and wake her up?  Tash is a terrible chief stew and I hope not to see her again.  Its bad enough we have Kyle to deal with next season.

Like the two new cast members.  I wish they had come on earlier, so we got to know them better.  Everyone looked good at the last dinner, until the tits and asses came out that is.

This season seemed to go on forever!  Oh did anyone else notice that Sandy opened the envelop from client for tip and all the money was already separated out for each crew member?  So do the clients actually leave tip or does production?  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 2

Why is everyone so sure Kyle is back next season? They usually don't announce these things until right before the season airs. Has this been confirmed? I might actually not watch if Kyle is back. Couldn't stand him. He wasn't amusing enough to get away with his bitchiness. And laziness. And rampant unprofessionalism with guests.

• Love 4
On 11/8/2022 at 1:25 PM, iMonrey said:

Overall I'd rate this season as a fail. Even Courtney got on my nerves with her constant twerking and flashing the camera man her boobs in the car. 

Natasha is maybe the worst Chief Stew I've seen on a BD show, and that's saying a lot. She needs professional help. So does Dave. 

I have a feeling Natalya would be a holy terror if she were ever Chief Stew. And Kyle, ugh. I don't know what this show likes about him. He's awful. I think the show just thinks it's funny that he's a bitchy gay guy but he's a terrible stew and a big crybaby to boot. 

I wish Bravo had the guts to drop Sandy. I can't believe there are any Sandy fans out there. I'm guessing they think they'd be in trouble if they lost their one and only female captain. 

I get the distinct impression the franchise is having trouble booking "guests" for these charters, this was a terrible season for guests and so was Down Under. Hopefully they can get real charter guests again some day and stop recruiting people to play the part. 

I’m not a fan; I’ll tell you that straight up.

I watched some of this season yesterday and just popped in to say that Sandy is the reason why I don’t really follow BDM anymore. In fact, my very first post on Primetimer was about how much I can’t stand her. I’m sick of her micromanaging, fake concern, publicly criticizing crew, her favoritism, her ego…she obviously hasn’t changed one whit.

Is she the only female yacht captain in the industry, or the only one thirsty enough to want this gig? I miss Mark Howard, may he rest in peace.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I fell asleep during the last episode. I figured if Ellie can sleep thru this crap, I may as well too. Natasha certainly didn’t care. You know if. Hannah had been there, “Ellie, Ellie, Hannah.” 
I did stay awake long enough to see pancake guy get another pancake that was not up to his standards. I notice one of the other guests was making a big deal of it and goading him on so,I agree it was most likely a staged scene. 

• Love 1

If Sandy comes back next season I hope it is on a different yacht, M/Y Home did not have that allure of a yacht, the common area where the guests would hang on on that couch looked like a basement, none of the guest spaces looked elegant or luxury like, the boat was a real plain Jane, not that the other gaudy boats we have seen are better but this one was lacking in something.

• Like 1
On 11/16/2022 at 4:21 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

If Sandy comes back next season I hope it is on a different yacht, M/Y Home did not have that allure of a yacht, the common area where the guests would hang on on that couch looked like a basement, none of the guest spaces looked elegant or luxury like, the boat was a real plain Jane, not that the other gaudy boats we have seen are better but this one was lacking in something.

I agree about the boat.  In an attempt to make it modern looking, it ended up looking cheap and boring.  I understand that many people are tired of the dated look of many of the yachts, with their ostentatious wood and decor, but this wasn't an improvement.  I think the yacht industry needs to hire some top notch designers to bring a fresh, yet luxury, look to their new boats.

On 11/15/2022 at 9:34 AM, Book Junkie said:

Why is everyone so sure Kyle is back next season? They usually don't announce these things until right before the season airs. Has this been confirmed? I might actually not watch if Kyle is back. Couldn't stand him. He wasn't amusing enough to get away with his bitchiness. And laziness. And rampant unprofessionalism with guests.

Spoiler

Some time ago, there was a photo posted on SM with Kyle filming.  He looked to be filming with someone who looked a lot like Tumi, though I can't be sure.  I'll do some digging and see if I can find the photo, and if so, I will post it to the SM thread.

I agree with you...Kyle is not the breakout star Bravo seems to think he is.  Unless he comes back under a super strict chief stew who will hold him accountable and make his life miserable, I'm not interested.

Edit:  Posted in SM thread.

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
addition
  • Love 2
On 11/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, gaPeach said:

This season seemed to go on forever!  Oh did anyone else notice that Sandy opened the envelop from client for tip and all the money was already separated out for each crew member?  So do the clients actually leave tip or does production?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I hope all these people aren't walking around with tens of thousands in cash on them. I assume they write a check, production doles out the cash, then gathers it back, direct deposits the equivalent to the cast's accounts and recycles the cash for the next tip meeting. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kassa said:

hope all these people aren't walking around with tens of thousands in cash on them. I assume they write a check, production doles out the cash, then gathers it back, direct deposits the equivalent to the cast's accounts and recycles the cash for the next tip meeting. 

now that make sense.  I just never saw the captain open the same envelope the clients handed him. Silly me, I really thought the clients brought cash.  

Upon reflection, I don't think people write checks anymore anyway (and would you trust most of these passengers to not bounce one?)  It's probably all prepaid and cleared on a credit card (or several of them) before they even arrive in country.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kassa said:

I hope all these people aren't walking around with tens of thousands in cash on them. I assume they write a check, production doles out the cash, then gathers it back, direct deposits the equivalent to the cast's accounts and recycles the cash for the next tip meeting. 

Or tips are entirely fiction, doled out by production to make it seem like the cast/crew had a good or good enough charter.

Seems like they're getting around $20k for each 2-day charter.

On one of the other BD shows, they had some little kid handcuffed to a lockbox containing cash which was to be their tip.  Obviously that was a fake TV thing.

But I think every tip on these BD shows are now part of the production costs, it's all a fake TV thing.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Sunnykm said:

Is there a reunion show?

My DVR is set to record a reunion episode tomorrow.

I noticed there was a Reunion thread opened about a week ago but now it's gone.

They don't have the reunion episode on Peacock yet, unlike the other episodes which they've been airing a week early.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, aghst said:

My DVR is set to record a reunion episode tomorrow.

I noticed there was a Reunion thread opened about a week ago but now it's gone.

They don't have the reunion episode on Peacock yet, unlike the other episodes which they've been airing a week early.

I'll have to check later as my DVR doesn't have a reunion show recording anytime.

19 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Mine shows one tonight.  Followed by a new episode of Adventure and a repeat of yesterday's Below Deck Original Recipe (now with a much more decrepit Capt. Lee).

I must have deleted it thinking it was a rerun so thanks everyone for making me go & check the listings.

On 11/16/2022 at 4:05 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I fell asleep during the last episode. I figured if Ellie can sleep thru this crap, I may as well too. Natasha certainly didn’t care. You know if. Hannah had been there, “Ellie, Ellie, Hannah.” 
I did stay awake long enough to see pancake guy get another pancake that was not up to his standards. I notice one of the other guests was making a big deal of it and goading him on so,I agree it was most likely a staged scene. 

LMAO at "Ellie, Ellie, Hannah"!!! That season where she was looking for June all the time, oh my word, i'da pitched that chick overboard, lol...