Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Shannon may have started something, but she isn't blaming other people for it coming out in the open.  What she didn't like was Tamra repeating it to Heather, whom she did not view as a friend or someone who had her best interests in mind, for Heather talking about it further in company outside of the RHOC and for both of them for not admitting that they did these things.

I don't agree. Alex McCord said that Shannon openly admitted to creating and/or highlighting her marriage woes for storyline purposes. Not only do I believe it, but I questioned what Shannon was doing from ep. 1 on - it was so obvious to me what she was doing. But even if you don't believe this rumor, you can't deny that Shannon introduced her marriage woes to the viewers. How do you do that (Shannon), and then cry foul when the other ladies talk about the very subject you introduced? And talk about openly and candidly?

• Love 1

That's not a "rumor" that's what Tamra said about Shannon in order to justify her actions this season. The almighty Alex McCord was quoting Tamra in her tired video blogs about a show she's never even been on. Lol..

• Love 4

I don't agree. Alex McCord said that Shannon openly admitted to creating and/or highlighting her marriage woes for storyline purposes. Not only do I believe it, but I questioned what Shannon was doing from ep. 1 on - it was so obvious to me what she was doing. But even if you don't believe this rumor, you can't deny that Shannon introduced her marriage woes to the viewers. How do you do that (Shannon), and then cry foul when the other ladies talk about the very subject you introduced? And talk about openly and candidly?

I can take anything that comes out of Alex McCord's mouth with a grain of salt.

I never denied that Shannon introduced her marriage woes did I?  Please point out where I said that.  I'm not going to rehash why I think Shannon would be upset with Heather and Tamra and why I don't think she is crying foul the way you think she is because I've said it enough times.

• Love 3

That's not a "rumor" that's what Tamra said about Shannon in order to justify her actions this season. The almighty Alex McCord was quoting Tamra in her tired video blogs about a show she's never even been on. Lol..

That could absolutely be true. In fact, if it is - it confirms what I've always said about Alex's "scoops" -- she says things in a way that make it sound like she's reporting a scoop, but in reality, she's sorta just repeating what we all just saw on a particular episode! That's why I wrote - regardless of the so-called rumor - it's what we saw. Shannon introduced herself to the HW audience like this: Hi, I'm Shannon Beador. I like crystals and feng shui. Here's my husband, David. We've been married a long time. We're experiencing troubles in our marriage. Discuss." And what did the HW's do? They played along.

• Love 3

Lots of Jews, including my ex,  have a tree and gifts.    They don't celebrate Jesus per se, but just enjoy a fun holiday.    Somehow, his reform congregation hasn't kicked him out or excommunicated him or shunned him.   Nor his more religious sister, who also enjoys the fun parts of the holiday.   

The only reason my Jewish husband celebrates Christmas is because he married a shiksa. The only reason my in-laws come to my house at Christmas is because they can see their grandchildren. My in-laws have never ever decorated their home for Christmas. 

• Love 1

Yikes, that's quite a statement to the OP. But I'll steer clear of the personal and simply say that in my experience, celebrating Christmas is never done, and not ok, in all sects of Judiasm, from Reform to Orthodox. Acknowledging it as a Christian holiday? Of course, and maybe even learning about it. Sure, why not? But celebrating?. Never. It's considered sacrilegious, not to mention pointless. I'm pretty sure that both Heather and Terry are Jewish, which is why their Christmas stood out to me as well. (It's of course different if they were a mixed religion family).

I don't beleive that I used the term "Celebrating".  But I'll stop at this point.....because we all have our opinions.......

• Love 2

^^ Well, you kinda did.  And it was in response to the OP's irritation at Heather and Terry celebrating Christmas, which you suggested was a subject she didn't know anything about.  I thought that was pretty unfair.  Esp. since I agreed with her! 

• Love 1
I thought Heather's bun in Bali looked nice.

Yes, I absolutely agree, BUT I think she resorted to the I-give-up bun cuz she didn't want us to see her looking anything other than her idea of perfection, which is bone straight hair, flat-as-a-pancake, frizz-free, with every hair perfectly in place.  In Bali, dat was never gonna happen.  And honestly, I woulda luved to see what Heather's hair would look like naturally in that heat & awful humidity.  But Miss Priss would never allow it.  I think her head woulda exploded.

• Love 2

Yes, I absolutely agree, BUT I think she resorted to the I-give-up bun cuz she didn't want us to see her looking anything other than her idea of perfection, which is bone straight hair, flat-as-a-pancake, frizz-free, with every hair perfectly in place.  In Bali, dat was never gonna happen.  And honestly, I woulda luved to see what Heather's hair would look like naturally in that heat & awful humidity.  But Miss Priss would never allow it.  I think her head woulda exploded.

I don't know if it is about wanting to look perfect, but I do think she wants to do her best to not look like shit, which is OK by me.  The editing was funny in that final scene in Bali. Shannon was across from her and her hair had just frizzed out and looked terrible. In one scene when she was talking with Heather it was hanging there, then in the next scene she also had her hair up in a bun.  She looked so much better with it pulled back. One of the things I like about Heather is that it seems like she tries to dress appropriately for the occasion. Her clothes and her hair generally reflect this. I do wish she would wear less makeup. I remember last year when there was a scene when she was packing in her bedroom with Terry and she was sans makeup.  She looked prettier than I had ever seen her look.  She was horrified in her blog, saying that she was embarrassed about how she had looked, but the comments were extremely positive about how much younger she looked. Wish she would do that more often. 

• Love 3

I agree with motorcitymom65 (shocker huh? hee hee) I don't think there is anything wrong with Heather wanting to look her best while filming (and I suspect IRL too). Some people are just more comfortable with a more casual look. I never went to work looking sloppy and was always amazed with how some of my fellow co-workers would show up.......dirty or wet hair, wrinkled clothes, no make-up, etc., though as an actress you would think that she would embrace a more broad range instead of just showing us the uptight perfectionist.

• Love 7

Yup. Alex's source was Tamra and maybe this interview at Rumorfix:

*Quote from Tamra about Shannon*

"I really feel like she was a super fan of the show and studied every episode. That all became very clear to me when we were shooting the scene in my living room about the email. As soon as the cameras went down she stopped crying, Shannon said to me, ‘Do you know that the highest rated episode ever was when you yelled at Simon that you wanted a divorce? Divorces are great for realty TV.’ First of all, NO, I did not know that, and second, if you just got really bad news about your family is that the first thing you say when the cameras go down? NO! If my husband just told me he was going to leave me I would be devastated and the last thing on my mind would be the ratings.”

http://rumorfix.com/2014/08/tamra-judge-bombshell-interview-shannon-beador-accusations/

Edited by Scrambled Fog

Yup. Alex's source was Tamra and maybe this interview at Rumorfix:

*Quote from Tamra about Shannon*

"I really feel like she was a super fan of the show and studied every episode. That all became very clear to me when we were shooting the scene in my living room about the email. As soon as the cameras went down she stopped crying, Shannon said to me, ‘Do you know that the highest rated episode ever was when you yelled at Simon that you wanted a divorce? Divorces are great for realty TV.’ First of all, NO, I did not know that, and second, if you just got really bad news about your family is that the first thing you say when the cameras go down? NO! If my husband just told me he was going to leave me I would be devastated and the last thing on my mind would be the ratings.”

http://rumorfix.com/2014/08/tamra-judge-bombshell-interview-shannon-beador-accusations/

I think this is an excellent example of Tamra revisionist history.  In the first place Tamra and Shannon have both said Tamra was told of the e-mail by phone.  The scene at Tamra's was pretty much a re-enactment.  By the time they filmed this the Beador's had patched things up.  I question if Shannon said this or her producer.  I do think Shannon and any woman coming on the show watches previous episodes if they half a brain. 

In any event Tamra seems to pick and choose what behind the scenes events she wants to share.  Just like the Shannon immediately oversharing about her marriage-when pressed for details she had none.  Shannon said she wanted David to spend more time with her.  Big deal.

• Love 2

I think this is an excellent example of Tamra revisionist history. In the first place Tamra and Shannon have both said Tamra was told of the e-mail by phone. The scene at Tamra's was pretty much a re-enactment. By the time they filmed this the Beador's had patched things up. I question if Shannon said this or her producer. I do think Shannon and any woman coming on the show watches previous episodes if they half a brain.

In any event Tamra seems to pick and choose what behind the scenes events she wants to share. Just like the Shannon immediately oversharing about her marriage-when pressed for details she had none. Shannon said she wanted David to spend more time with her. Big deal.

I agree. It is at minimum revisionist history. I posted the rumorfix interview to show the source of the Shannon bizarre behavior story Alex put out. That source being Tamra who is a well known liar. I question the veracity of the entire report Alex put out out since Alex's source is Tamra.

• Love 2

I agree. It is at minimum revisionist history. I posted the rumorfix interview to show the source of the Shannon bizarre behavior story Alex put out. That source being Tamra who is a well known liar. I question the veracity of the entire report Alex put out out since Alex's source is Tamra.

I like Alex and her last week's Vlog I mentioned in the comments her "inside source' was pretty much verbatim what Tamra had said in an interview.  Today's v-blog is out she spends about half the time examining Tamra.  Yawn.  Tamra is a two faced bitch because it is her nature and it pays her bills.

Several weeks ago Alex 'reported' that OC was getting a little too top heavy with the salaries and one of the stars would probably be cut.  Tamra ran with it and assumed it was her.  Alex handled it well thanking Tamra for the shout out.  In today's vlog Alex doesn't think Tamra will be cut.  This is my assumption-I think to keep OC alive they need to bring back some past HWs-like last season with Lauri.  Hopefully, ones who had issues with Tamra.  If Heather returns I think she is going to want to be more of a Greek Chorus than a star.  These ladies actually work better in small groups.  Big personalities.

• Love 1

I actually thought Vicki was being somewhat reasonable at this reunion.  Then my husband wandered into the room and said "Who is that ridiculous person??" and I felt like the naked emperor who had just been shamed by the small peasant boy.

• Love 6

Well, from someone other than their parents...

I don't know about celebrating Xmas, but I can't imagine them being happy about the DuBrow's also being Hindu.

Aren't they Bu-Jews?  It is very common in some areas of California for people to consider themselves Buddhist.  It's a US version of Buddhism that tends to become whatever the person wants it to be.  I personally know Bu-Jews, Bu-Christians and Bu-Atheists.  More and more people are creating their own ideas of spirituality.  

Yes, Shannon started the talk about the health of her marriage, by the way she treated David in front of others, the complaints she made about him not wanting to spend time with her and ultimately telling Tamrat about the email.  Tamra then, under the guise of being nice/asking Heather to be kinder to Shannon, ramped up the drama and turned it into David asking for a divorce.  Proving that her intentions were not good, she and Heather then made fun of Shannon.  So Shannon was ultimately responsible for putting the issue out there.  Tamra and Heather did their best to make sure it went from issue to Dramah!!!!! Of course, if they could keep their frozen mugs in the most dramatic scenes, all the better.  RHOC is a viper pit.  

• Love 1

Aren't they Bu-Jews?  It is very common in some areas of California for people to consider themselves Buddhist.  It's a US version of Buddhism that tends to become whatever the person wants it to be.  I personally know Bu-Jews, Bu-Christians and Bu-Atheists.  More and more people are creating their own ideas of spirituality.

You're right. I had a brain fart.

^^ Well, you kinda did.  And it was in response to the OP's irritation at Heather and Terry celebrating Christmas, which you suggested was a subject she didn't know anything about.  I thought that was pretty unfair.  Esp. since I agreed with her! 

No I did not.  And I am Jewish, so I am very comfortable with the subject.  So  maybe since they really don't talk about their religion all that much on the show, it should not have even been raised as a point.  Or does that really matter since this thread is really just  DuBrow bashing?

Edited by devonshiredeb
  • Love 2

No I did not.  And I am Jewish, so I am very comfortable with the subject.  So  maybe since they really don't talk about their religion all that much on the show, it should not have even been raised as a point.  Or does that really matter since this thread is really just  DuBrow bashing?

That was similar to my point earlier in the thread. Unlike Alexis and Jim Bellino, Heather and Terry don't present themselves in a religious way, except for one scene of them going to synagogue on the High Holidays. But one episode this season had them posing for a Christmas card, which stood out to some, so I think it's fair to discuss.

I'm not a big Dubrow-basher (well, except for Terry - guilty!), but I do think that they are extremely image-conscious, which, imo, is what leads them to be so frustratingly defensive ("I have no reason to apologize, even though I was clearly wrong, because I was operating under a different perception. Ok, Terry). Take the new puppy scenerio. So they got a pure bred. Fine. But Heather felt she had to make sure everyone knew this was an exception to their usual practice of adopting shelter dogs. Why? Who cares? Heather does, because of her image. That's where the Christmas card comes in. Why would a Jewish family that doesn't celebrate Christmas send Christmas cards? Their image. I can't think of any other reason.

• Love 3

That was similar to my point earlier in the thread. Unlike Alexis and Jim Bellino, Heather and Terry don't present themselves in a religious way, except for one scene of them going to synagogue on the High Holidays. But one episode this season had them posing for a Christmas card, which stood out to some, so I think it's fair to discuss.

I'm not a big Dubrow-basher (well, except for Terry - guilty!), but I do think that they are extremely image-conscious, which, imo, is what leads them to be so frustratingly defensive ("I have no reason to apologize, even though I was clearly wrong, because I was operating under a different perception. Ok, Terry). Take the new puppy scenerio. So they got a pure bred. Fine. But Heather felt she had to make sure everyone knew this was an exception to their usual practice of adopting shelter dogs. Why? Who cares? Heather does, because of her image. That's where the Christmas card comes in. Why would a Jewish family that doesn't celebrate Christmas send Christmas cards? Their image. I can't think of any other reason.

it wasn't a Christmas card.  It was a family photograph.  Heather tweeted andwas very clear they do not mail out their family photos.  Production did the Beador family Christmas card and the Dubrow family portrait at the same time to contrast the women's style and behavior.

• Love 1

it wasn't a Christmas card.  It was a family photograph.  Heather tweeted andwas very clear they do not mail out their family photos.  Production did the Beador family Christmas card and the Dubrow family portrait at the same time to contrast the women's style and behavior.

Yes, I get that production set the whole thing up to compare and contrast the Dubrows with the Beadors, but the "holiday" card or family photo (doesn't matter) had a Christmas tree in it.

• Love 1

Yes, I get that production set the whole thing up to compare and contrast the Dubrows with the Beadors, but the "holiday" card or family photo (doesn't matter) had a Christmas tree in it.

I don't remember a tree in Heather's photo. I thought they did it on a studio back lot to remind us that she is an "actress."

• Love 3

One interesting thing that came out of this, and showed a different side of Shannon's personality, was a Tweet she sent out when this episode aired. She tweeted that she and David had sent the Dubrow's a Holiday Card, but that they had not received one in return. I thought it was kind of a bitchy, childish thing to tweet to the world. That was when Heather tweeted back that they don't send out cards. This exchange showed that Shannon appeared to be stirring things up a little bit.

• Love 2

Yes, it's commonly done, more so with less religious Jews. It's just not something the religion, or any congregation, advocates or supports. Why would they? It's a Christian holiday, celebrating Christ, etc...

Dubrows may have Christmas things they attend and not celebrate Christmas because their children attend parochial school.  At least I assume they attend parochial school because Shannon's children seem to: http://instagram.com/p/sgH6gTD3DZ/  Heather said she had been the room mother the year before in Shannon's children class.

Many Jewish families where I live send their children to parochial schools just because it offers a better education.  I don't know of any of the Jewish children's families congregations looking down upon them for attending parochial school and the related events.

• Love 2

That is not what Alex McCord said.  She said an inside source said that Shannon discussed her marital problems. Shannon never admitted openly or or otherwise to any such thing. The inside source being Tamra, who Alex quoted verbatim.  I for one, I have found Tamra to be duplicitous and pretty much a right arm for production.  I do think production had a hand in spreading around the Beador nagging sessions but there really is no evidence of the others being in the same room when it occurs until Mexico.

Shannon and David bickered not bantered.  Shannon said she and her husband had not been out of town alone for 13 years and she wanted to spend more time with her husband.  Then production showed a series of bitchy comments between David and Shannon all away from the other HWs.    The next thing you know David has written an e-mail, Shannon has told Tamra about it, who immediately tells Heather, who then tells people outside of the show.  The first time we really see David and Shannon fight in front of another HW is in Mexico and it was after the e-mail.

Shannon woes were introduced to viewers but Shannon never said, "I drink too much," " David wants a divorce,"  These were all things put out by Tamra.  To me, there is a big difference between "wanting to move out for awhile" and David wanting a divorce.  Of course Shannon denies she drinks too much.

• Love 4

That is not what Alex McCord said.  She said an inside source said that Shannon discussed her marital problems. Shannon never admitted openly or or otherwise to any such thing. The inside source being Tamra, who Alex quoted verbatim.

I'm simply repeating what Alex said in her blog - that not only did Shannon strategize to use her marriage woes as storyline, but she openly told people what she was doing. I happen to agree with you that Alex's "source" was Tamra, and even though Tamra is a lying liar that lies, this time I believe her. It's kind of what we saw.

• Love 1

Just jumping in to say that the Terry/David weight loss struck me as odd.  Are they competing, or what?  Neither were heavy by any means so why the sudden drop in 30 lbs?

Also, thank you for the Sophia Loren comparison with Lizzie, that made me LOL.  That woman's fascination and obsession with her chest is really disturbing to me.  She posted a three-paragraph diatribe on Facebook about how she had two reductions and her surgeon, thankfully, gave her a B-sized implant to "save her breasts" which would have been "destroyed if she had children."  Huh?  She has a serious fixation...

Edited by misschung
  • Love 2

I'm simply repeating what Alex said in her blog - that not only did Shannon strategize to use her marriage woes as storyline, but she openly told people what she was doing. I happen to agree with you that Alex's "source" was Tamra, and even though Tamra is a lying liar that lies, this time I believe her. It's kind of what we saw.

Completely agree with Lotus. Tamra is a liar, but that doesn't mean that nothing that she says is true. Since we all pretty much saw Shannon do this, it is all pretty clear to me. Especially the way she was just able to turn it all off after their lunch in PV. Seemed like something that was very planned out.

• Love 1

Sorry, just to add to the whole bull-riding gate: who serves Tequila all day at a party and then busts out a mechanical bull and expects that everyone will stay civil? 

Who serves tequila all day and then busts out a mechanical bull and expects that no one will vomit?  Heather was lucky that the only nastiness coming out of people's mouths was stupidity.  Then again, she did wear a dress to a party that she was throwing that had a mechanical bull.  Perhaps she's not as smart as think she is.  

• Love 3

Here is what I find interesting.  After the Reunion was filmed and Heather was gobsmacked when she could not come up with an example of how Shannon discussed her marriage too candidly early on, this little story came out by Tamra and then Alex.  To me it is just as plausible that Tamra made it up to make Shannon look bad when the accusation fell flat at the Reunion.  When Tamra and Heather could not come up with a specific example, Tamra went to the more general "her marriage was her storyline", to the press.  So one reading it would think the entire Beador marriage storyline was contrived.  Do I think production had mentioned it-absolutely.  Production  framed talking head questions to the others about the Beador marriage.   So it wasn't a really big secret that Shannon's storyline had become about her marriage.   Tamra,Shannon and Heather handed them a pot of gold with the e-mail and the gossip about it. 

The other thing Tamra had working against her was once she got wind of the marital discord she was ready to write it off as a divorce.  Vicki on the other hand, was pushing reconciliation and re-connection.  So once again Tamra comes off on the negative instead of positive side.  Tamra's anger for Vicki doing nothing all season is another example of her jealousy.  Vicki probably did far more by trying to reconnect the Beadors than Tamra ever did with all her two-faced conversations.

Tamra has a gift for throwing out the crap and trying to make it stick.  When she said to Vicki-"you said you were going to spread lies about Eddie and my marriage."  As a stand alone comment it sounds hideous-if it is response to someone continuing to talk crap about your relationship, then it makes sense, in that context.  In the end Vicki handled it well-"but I didn't."  Once again Tamra has taken something out of context (or content if you are Tamra) and tried to paint a very different picture.

So to me, Tamra has issues with veracity and context.  Going back after the story aired and saying-oh she said that all along is suspect and really easy to do.

• Love 3

Just jumping in to say that the Terry/David weight loss struck me as odd.  Are they competing, or what?  Neither were heavy by any means so why the sudden drop in 30 lbs?

Also, thank you for the Sophia Loren comparison with Lizzie, that made me LOL.  That woman's fascination and obsession with her chest is really disturbing to me.  She posted a three-paragraph diatribe on Facebook about how she had two reductions and her surgeon, thankfully, gave her a B-sized implant to "save her breasts" which would have been "destroyed if she had children."  Huh?  She has a serious fixation...

I'm guessing because she thinks everyone wants to f*ck her because BOOBs!  

• Love 1

Tamra has a gift for throwing out the crap and trying to make it stick.  When she said to Vicki-"you said you were going to spread lies about Eddie and my marriage."  As a stand alone comment it sounds hideous-if it is response to someone continuing to talk crap about your relationship, then it makes sense, in that context.  In the end Vicki handled it well-"but I didn't." 

I see it differently. Giving Vicki credit for not spreading false rumors about Tamra and Eddie's marriage is faint praise indeed. The fact that Vicki even threatened to do so is a revelation about her character, and an ugly one at that.

• Love 3

Lizzie has had two boob reductions and got a b sized implant to save them from total destruction? Girl please. Those knockers are as big as my head. Who is her surgeon? Terry? She just loves having giant boobs.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1

I finally watched the first part of the reunion.  I put it off because for some reason, Terry just pisses me off more than any of the housewives.  Seeing him here did not help.

His excuses regarding the construction worker comments were all over the place.  

"I was raised by a construction worker!" (I have friends who are black/gay/hispanic, etc)

"People make fun of my profession all the time!" (People insult my profession, so I can insult yours!)

Lawd have mercy, he is such a tool.  And, his excuses for his behavior in recent interviews are ridiculous. He claims that once he saw the footage, he realized it wasn't a big deal.  Uh, okay, he saw the footage by the time the reunion rolled around, yet he still could not let it go. He was a huge ass, er, excuse me, I believe the term used in his profession is anus.

• Love 5

Here is what I find interesting.  After the Reunion was filmed and Heather was gobsmacked when she could not come up with an example of how Shannon discussed her marriage too candidly early on, this little story came out by Tamra and then Alex.  To me it is just as plausible that Tamra made it up to make Shannon look bad when the accusation fell flat at the Reunion.  When Tamra and Heather could not come up with a specific example, Tamra went to the more general "her marriage was her storyline", to the press.  So one reading it would think the entire Beador marriage storyline was contrived.  Do I think production had mentioned it-absolutely.  Production  framed talking head questions to the others about the Beador marriage.   So it wasn't a really big secret that Shannon's storyline had become about her marriage.   Tamra,Shannon and Heather handed them a pot of gold with the e-mail and the gossip about it. 

The other thing Tamra had working against her was once she got wind of the marital discord she was ready to write it off as a divorce.  Vicki on the other hand, was pushing reconciliation and re-connection.  So once again Tamra comes off on the negative instead of positive side.  Tamra's anger for Vicki doing nothing all season is another example of her jealousy.  Vicki probably did far more by trying to reconnect the Beadors than Tamra ever did with all her two-faced conversations.

Tamra has a gift for throwing out the crap and trying to make it stick.  When she said to Vicki-"you said you were going to spread lies about Eddie and my marriage."  As a stand alone comment it sounds hideous-if it is response to someone continuing to talk crap about your relationship, then it makes sense, in that context.  In the end Vicki handled it well-"but I didn't."  Once again Tamra has taken something out of context (or content if you are Tamra) and tried to paint a very different picture.

So to me, Tamra has issues with veracity and context.  Going back after the story aired and saying-oh she said that all along is suspect and really easy to do.

FTW.

It's very convenient to say something like this after the reunion has been aired and the general consensus is that viewer public opinion is against you.  To some extent it's about damage control and both Tamra and Heather have done this after the reunion aired in their blogs and/or interviews.

I think the Tamra-and-Heather-mean-girl show was further exposed during the reunion.  They can bully people who don't know how or aren't capable of defending themselves, but when someone can calmly and rationally defend themselves, they are left with their mouths gaping.  That image of Heather opening and shutting her mouth was gold, Heather---er Jerry, gold!

• Love 1

I see it differently. Giving Vicki credit for not spreading false rumors about Tamra and Eddie's marriage is faint praise indeed. The fact that Vicki even threatened to do so is a revelation about her character, and an ugly one at that.

Absolutely. I am not sure how Vicki comes out looking good after threatening to make-up stuff about Eddie and Tamra, especially when she admitted right on TV that she issued that threat.  She may still be pissed because Tamra doesn't like the D-bag that is her grifter boyfriend, but until Vicki explains it all to us, I am not sure at what point Tamra lied about him.  His character and his crimes are pretty much all out in the open. Then of course, you have to add in the reveal that Vicki said to Tamra "Eddie deserves better than you" when Tamra was telling her that she thought Vicki deserved better than Brooks. How is that OK to say to someone? Especially someone you have just told the audience that you love at least 3 times on that stage.  

Shannon would do well to take a good look at Vicki and protect herself for all it is worth. Shannon said she has watched the show for the last 5 years, so she should be well aware of all that has gone down. I understand her wanting to be friends with Vicki anyway, as you come on a show like this and you bond with the folks that take an interest in you and are nice to you. Vicki was that to Shannon. Vicki doesn't keep friends for long, however. If she can tell Tamra over and over again that she loves her, then do and say those things to her right in front of us all, she can do the same thing to Shannon. 

• Love 1

Absolutely. I am not sure how Vicki comes out looking good after threatening to make-up stuff about Eddie and Tamra, especially when she admitted right on TV that she issued that threat.  She may still be pissed because Tamra doesn't like the D-bag that is her grifter boyfriend, but until Vicki explains it all to us, I am not sure at what point Tamra lied about him.  His character and his crimes are pretty much all out in the open. Then of course, you have to add in the reveal that Vicki said to Tamra "Eddie deserves better than you" when Tamra was telling her that she thought Vicki deserved better than Brooks. How is that OK to say to someone? Especially someone you have just told the audience that you love at least 3 times on that stage.  

Shannon would do well to take a good look at Vicki and protect herself for all it is worth. Shannon said she has watched the show for the last 5 years, so she should be well aware of all that has gone down. I understand her wanting to be friends with Vicki anyway, as you come on a show like this and you bond with the folks that take an interest in you and are nice to you. Vicki was that to Shannon. Vicki doesn't keep friends for long, however. If she can tell Tamra over and over again that she loves her, then do and say those things to her right in front of us all, she can do the same thing to Shannon. 

As a student of the show Shannon would have been foolish to have befriended any of the returning cast.  They have all had their mean girl moments.  To be on the show is to "befriend" the returning cast. 

To me. production has stretched the Tamra and Vicki "like sisters" 'friends forever" past its due date.  When Tamra screamed at Vicki to swear on her unborn grandchild-to me that was the beginning of the end.  Vicki made a point how many times has she forgiven Tamra -five or six.  To me, to keep saying you love a friend (or co-worker) is as genuine as one of Brooks' Hallmark card gestures.  Use another word-save love for family and few select true friends.

I am not saying Vicki did a good thing by throwing out to Tamra she could make stuff up about Eddie and Tamra-I was saying when they get into the war of things said off camera Vicki handled it well by saying, "well, I didn't."  She stopped the discussion.  Tamra on the other hand does the-well you (points a finger at the person) said and it becomes a war of who said what and what who supposedly said and others weigh in and the discussion never ends. 

Vicki has been clear for three seasons-she does not want her "girlfriends" talking about Brooks.  Why is up to Tamra or Brianna to explain Brooks?  I think it is a pretty simple request-don't talk about my boyfriend.  No one else talks about the other's partner.  Regardless if he is a good or bad guy he does not engage in arguments with the other women or men.  Unlike say, Slade who based a comedy routine around some of Gretchen's co-stars and micromanaged Gretchen.  If Tamra wants to jeopardize her relationship by continually bringing up Brooks, in a negative matter, then she forfeits her friendship with Vicki.  Saying someone deserves someone better is an insult.  If Tamra is too stupid to understand that -it is on her-not Vicki.  I am not advocating Team Tamra or Team Vicki, I just think they need to lose the "love" in the description of their friendship. 

Vicki did say to Eddie, at Lizzie's dinner, "you married her."  I personally thought it was a funny comment after all thee Brooks bashing Tamra has done.  It just let's the world know Tamra has a lot more issues than Eddie. 

Vicki has been clear for three seasons-she does not want her "girlfriends" talking about Brooks.  Why is up to Tamra or Brianna to explain Brooks?  I think it is a pretty simple request-don't talk about my boyfriend.  No one else talks about the other's partner.  Regardless if he is a good or bad guy he does not engage in arguments with the other women or men.  Unlike say, Slade who based a comedy routine around some of Gretchen's co-stars and micromanaged Gretchen.  If Tamra wants to jeopardize her relationship by continually bringing up Brooks, in a negative matter, then she forfeits her friendship with Vicki.  Saying someone deserves someone better is an insult.  If Tamra is too stupid to understand that -it is on her-not Vicki.  I am not advocating Team Tamra or Team Vicki, I just think they need to lose the "love" in the description of their friendship. 

My main issue is with Vicki being so bent out of shape, as if she was somehow the one who was so mistreated. I see nothing different in Tamra telling folks her opinion about Brooks when asked, than I do in Vicki running around telling everyone she brushes up against that Tamra has often been a terrible friend, said horrible things about Brooks, and damaged her relationship with her daughter. She did it over and over again this year, and would then slink over to Tamra and act like she loved her. Yes, Tamra might be talking about Brooks and the past, but so is Vicki. She cannot let any of it go either. Yet for some reason, Vicki comes out looking like the better person which is just strange to me. She only looks like the better person because she was nice to Shannon. If she had treated Shannon poorly, and still said/done the things she did to Tamra, folks would look at her actions in a completely different manner. 

Edited by motorcitymom65

My main issue is with Vicki being so bent out of shape, as if she was somehow the one who was so mistreated. I see nothing different in Tamra telling folks her opinion about Brooks when asked, than I do in Vicki running around telling everyone she brushes up against that Tamra has often been a terrible friend, said horrible things about Brooks, and damaged her relationship with her daughter. She did it over and over again this year, and would then slink over to Tamra and act like she loved her. Yes, Tamra might be talking about Brooks and the past, but so is Vicki. She cannot let any of it go either. Yet for some reason, Vicki comes out looking like the better person which is just strange to me. She only looks like the better person because she was nice to Shannon. If she had treated Shannon poorly, and still said/done the things she did to Tamra, folks would look at her actions in a completely different manner. 

Tamra started the season with, "Brooks isn't a good guy." Her opinion, she said and she stands by it.  I agree after this season Vicki and Tamra need to dial back on the phony sisters and BFF-they work together and have fun together-at times.  There is just not enough bad that can be said about Tamra. She is just lower than whale shit in my opinion in the order of RH.  Tamra has been a terrible friend and her reign is that of a reign of terror.  She is duplicitous and agrees with someone to later make a person look like a fool.  Tamra hurts for sport.  Vicki seems to have outgrown that in last couple of years. So in order to remain a friend to Tamra, Vicki needed to lash out or hurt Shannon? Or is it Vicki needs to sink to Tamra's level so she can have support of viewers?

Tamra and Heather's explanation for gossiping about Shannon, is they needed to bond after making up, so they decided to talk about Shannon's marriage and do imitations of her?  An explanation that makes absolutely no sense to anyone.  So I guess instead of lying about gossiping about the email, when it reached Vicki she did something different and invited the Beadors down for a vacation.

Maybe I am not following-Vicki was suppose to hurt people to make her as unlikeable as Tamra?  For what purpose?

• Love 1

Tamra and Heather's explanation for gossiping about Shannon, is they needed to bond after making up, so they decided to talk about Shannon's marriage and do imitations of her?  An explanation that makes absolutely no sense to anyone.  So I guess instead of lying about gossiping about the email, when it reached Vicki she did something different and invited the Beadors down for a vacation.

Maybe I am not following-Vicki was suppose to hurt people to make her as unlikeable as Tamra?  For what purpose?

I believe they are taking the ever so mature tactic of "friends are people who hate the same people".  Rather than looking for ways in which they enjoy each other's company and the traits they admire, they bond over making someone else an outsider and the butt of their jokes.  Junior High is calling.  

• Love 4

Ok Tamara is a complete bitch, but everybody is spending so little time going after her for real shit and so much time over petty nonsense where maybe she's wasn't being Pollyanna, but she didn't do anything wrong. Like the Brooks thing. She doesn't like him, Vicki does. We've all been on both sides of that equation. All Vicki can really expect is that Tamara dial back her venom and be reasonably polite when he's around, which she does. Saying "he's not my favorite person" when asked is not a betrayal. Vicki needs to grow a pair and stop caring what everybody thinks of her boyfriend. Now it does sound like she may have pulled a classic Tamara and taken a small thing Brooks did and twisted it into a class A felony and then run to Brianna with it starting the Brianna/Ryan v Brooks death match, but we don't know because everyone keeps glossing over that and harping on if Tamara is "supporting" Vicki's choices *eyeroll*

It's like the dinner in Bali. Tamara had done some real shit, but what did we end up talking about? What time she called Lizzy's about her birthday party! Jesus people. Tamara is the evil undead. You can't take her down with RSVP nonsense. You have to come to the knife fight with an actual knife! Focus people, focus!

• Love 10

When Vicki told Tamra she'd make up shit about Eddie, I thought she was implying "like Tamra did about Brooks".

I did feel like there was a lot of missing context to that conversation because Tamra only wanted to get out the part about making something up and not what the full conversation was about. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

I did felt like there was a lot of missing context to that conversation because Tamra only wanted to get out the part about making something up and not what the full conversation was about.

Me too. More along the lines of......"How would you like me to make up shit about Eddie?".
  • Love 3
I could also see Vicki saying that in a faux, half-joking way, "You better be nice to me or I'm gonna make shit up about Eddie!" Not like she would actually do it, but one of her over-the-top, "We gotta be on the same side" threats.

Yup. And then I could see Tamra taking the joke and making it a big thing, just as I speculate she did with the "take the Beadors" down issue.

• Love 1

So after seeing this epi last night I still am not clear if Terry really made the 'taking down the Beadors' comment or not. If he didn't, why is he not furious at Tamra for making it up? But then Terry wasn't mad at Eddie for the comment Eddie made about Heather riding the bull like she rides Terry. And his reason for not being mad? Because they are friends? Really? Shouldn't that made you madder, than some guy you don't even know making a comment. What an idiot.

I love though that the Beadors pointed out that the HiBrows never apologize for anything. What a petty, obnoxious pair they are.

• Love 2