Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/17/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Shout is my all time FAVORITE song by the Isley Brothers! I was hoping they'd have time to do the "A little bit softer, a little bit softer now...a little bit louder now, a little bit LOUDER now...Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey" I remember it was one of the songs played at my senior high school prom.

I loved seeing how Sara and Whoopi could sing all the words and dance while they were sitting. Alyssa just looked awkward. 

Scorp, it's a tradition at Purdue football games to sing Shout between Q3 and Q4.  It's a fun tradition.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, and I agree with Joy-I do not need a disclaimer on The Crown. It's NOT a documentary. That a lot of the people it's based on are still alive is what bothers people, I think? It's stupid. It's a DRAMA based on real people. Some information/scenes are true if they are publicly available. Common sense that scenes that are clearly private are not; or you can just Google to find out if the "public" stuff they plan on dramatizing is pure make-believe or not.

Jeebus Cripes, it's like everyone needs their hands held or given information as if they're 10 years old.

Law and Order used to put disclaimers on some of their episodes that used recent events as the basis for the story, and those are clearly not documentaries, so putting a little reminder that this is a dramatization and some liberties have been taken seems reasonable to me. Obviously, some speculation is used in situations where a) no other people were present or b) no one wrote or spoke publicly about the situation. I enjoyed watching The Crown and having this disclaimer wouldn't bother me.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Can't help but wonder what Alyssa felt sitting in April's presence. 

Oooooh, the Isley Brothers still got it! 🔥 And can get it. 😉

Happy birthday, Sunny! She looks so radiant and happy. 

Ron Isley looks fantastic for 81... and I'm amazed his voice is still as good as it is.  

3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And here in the interview, Alyssa just put herself in the same sentence as April Ryan. I don't think Ryan has anything in common with a disgrace like you, hun. In your dreams.

Oh April threw Alyssa a couple of looks that conveyed that same sentiment....LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay, so Whoopi explains why she's wearing the colors she is. And maybe because I've been up close and personal with it, for 8 years now, I've been waiting for them to mention how October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Did I miss it? Because there were a few episodes mid-month that I didn't watch. If they haven't, I'm seriously side-eyeing here. I don't care if I sound petty.

If they have, then ignore me.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, so Whoopi explains why she's wearing the colors she is. And maybe because I've been up close and personal with it, for 8 years now, I've been waiting for them to mention how October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Did I miss it? Because there were a few episodes mid-month that I didn't watch. If they haven't, I'm seriously side-eyeing here. I don't care if I sound petty.

If they have, then ignore me.

I'm pretty sure the Breast Cancer Awareness was never mentioned.

5 hours ago, KittyQ said:

so putting a little reminder that this is a dramatization and some liberties have been taken seems reasonable to me

Sadly, that should be done for some viewers.  In an earlier season of The Crown, a co-worker of mine, who previously didn't have any opinion one way or the other on one of the royals, suddenly decided she hated him because of what the actor portraying him said to the Queen in one of the scenes.  The scene consisted of the two of them alone in a room.  I had to gently remind her that that conversation never took place--it was written by writers.  (Unless of course someone has been secretly audio-taping every conversation that has taken place in Buckingham Palace and turned them over to the writers.)

I haven't gotten a chance to see today's episode yet.  I may fast-forward through Sunny's birthday celebration.

15 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I don’t know who mentioned it, but I did notice how everyone comes to the table. It seems like Alyssa is pulling a Meghan, walking to the table alone ready for business while the other hosts are walking together, sometimes close in conversation. 

I think Alyssa just walks fast.  I don't think it means anything else than that, but, then, she's followed by Sunny, and I'm guessing she's the one she has the worst relationship with, so it might be a subtle snub.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

You know who I never want to hear discuss abortion again? Sunny Hostin. She can fuck all the way off. 

I just saw that segment and this is me:

😤 Wish there was one for "oh no she di'n't!! Because NO ONE asked her the flip side and it would be veering off topic, all I can do is tell Sunny to take several seats when it comes to MEN "wanting" the baby.

And Holy Jeebus Cripes on a Cracker! Ana wasn't kidding, was she? Please tell me she was.

Oh how I miss the days of the chairs and round table where you could just walk off set like Joy and Whoopi did.

Go Senator Klobuchar!!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

😤 Wish there was one for "oh no she di'n't!! Because NO ONE asked her the flip side and it would be veering off topic, all I can do is tell Sunny to take several seats when it comes to MEN "wanting" the baby.

Has Sunny forgotten what it was like to be pregnant?  It is hard on a woman's body.  Some develop diabetes. Some develop hypertension.  This is not like a woman signing over a car to the man.  Not to mention what if the woman's job doesn't offer maternity leave.  Also how many men would insist the woman continue the pregnancy just as a form of control?  And someone should ask Sunny is it all men who should be able to say they will take the baby?  What if it was a one night stand?  What if the man was abusive?  I still don't think she has evolved on the issue.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I agreed with Joy on that topic, the reason the father (whatever the parents' situation is) shouldn't have a say in that decision is because it's literally growing inside her. Sunny definitely got carried away by the topic where the person they were talking about had made a different kind of comparison to ejaculations, she took it way off-course. It's not like an ejaculation is carried inside a man for 9 months, utterly transforming his body, for the two things to be equivalent.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I don’t know who mentioned it, but I did notice how everyone comes to the table. It seems like Alyssa is pulling a Meghan, walking to the table alone ready for business while the other hosts are walking together, sometimes close in conversation. 

Yea ive noticed that too.  Seems to be whoever is first does that, SWSRN did it, Ana has even done it.

On 10/20/2022 at 12:26 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I loved “Shout” ever since I saw Animal House.

I agree with @GHScorpiosRule The Crown doesn’t need a disclaimer. I know most of it is probably dramatized. Much as I respect Dame Judi Dench, she’s being a bit harsh here. That being said, I cannot wait for the new season. The trailer was awesome.

I agree with the Dame.  I think the fact that this season the show apparently pretends that  the Prime Minister and Prince Charles essentially committed treason by discussing ways to get the Queen to abdicate may have been the breaking point for a lot of people. John Majors had to come out to say it had never happened, nor any conversation at all had occurred,  and putting something like that into the show was malicious fiction. Many people, particularly in the UK, were pretty incensed by this.  I do think they should have the disclaimer, and they finally did that today.  I don’t even get why putting the disclaimer was being avoided by Netflix anyway.  And yes, there are people who think every scene has some basis in fact.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Yea ive noticed that too.  Seems to be whoever is first does that, SWSRN did it, Ana has even done it.

Maybe the 2nd person - Sunny - is a slow walker so whomever is before her gets way ahead. 

As a person with a short gait myself, it happens to me often. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Applause 1
11 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I love mariachi music and I loved seeing it on The View! 

I love that Ana was so into it. That was pretty cool and a breath of fresh air after Sunny  decides to "both sides" fucking abortion.  You know when you are playing The Devil's Advocate that you are advocating for the devil.  I pity her daughter. 

11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Maybe the 2nd person - Sunny - is a slow walker so whomever is before her gets way ahead. 

As a person with a short gait myself, it happens to me often. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Haha same here 🤪  at work we called them fast walkers lol those who would walk on break.  I could never keep up

11 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I love that Ana was so into it. That was pretty cool and a breath of fresh air after Sunny  decides to "both sides" fucking abortion.  You know when you are playing The Devil's Advocate that you are advocating for the devil.  I pity her daughter. 

But does she loooooooove them?  Gawd.

20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just saw that segment and this is me:

And Holy Jeebus Cripes on a Cracker! Ana wasn't kidding, was she? Please tell me she was.

Oh how I miss the days of the chairs and round table where you could just walk off set like Joy and Whoopi did.

Go Senator Klobuchar!!!!!

Love her!!  💙

• Applause 1