Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: It Won't Be Like This for Long

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Ian is faced with performing a surgery on a Jane Doe NICU patient while he continues to struggle with his personal issues. Meanwhile, Conrad asks Devon to cover his shift so he can spend a day at home with an anxious Gigi.

Airdate: 10/11/2022

31 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

There's no way they'd let someone go in to drug testing wearing a lab coat with big pockets. FOR THIS EXACT REASON. Especially in a hospital where clean urine is just sitting around,

My workplace insists on cups with heat sensors so you can't bring in "cold" urine. If your urine doesn't set off the heat stripe, you fail. I'm not even in a medical field and our tests for drugs are less loosy goosy.

I'm ready for Gigi to die of tragic childhood something or other. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Was Ian really dumb enough to Google "how to cheat a drug test" on his work computer? And then order fake urine on that same computer? Also, wasn't he supposed to not perform surgery until he had a clean test? I also thought it was weird that Billie expected him to just snap out of something and perform surgery. She didn't know he was just waiting for drugs to kick in......he seemed actually ill.

I actually think Gigi is cute, but I am not sure we needed so much time on her Tai Kwon Do anxiety. I did laugh at Conrad diagnosing her with Ferris Buller Syndrome. 

Poor Devon's patient. Can you imagine being misdiagnosed like that for 6 years? She's lucky the cancer didn't kill her while she was being treated for the wrong thing.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Was Ian really dumb enough to Google "how to cheat a drug test" on his work computer? And then order fake urine on that same computer? Also, wasn't he supposed to not perform surgery until he had a clean test? I also thought it was weird that Billie expected him to just snap out of something and perform surgery. She didn't know he was just waiting for drugs to kick in......he seemed actually ill.

Yes to all of this. Ian Googling “how to cheat a drug test” on his work computer was really dumb. This likely isn’t his first time cheating a test so I’m surprised he had to Google it at all. And ordering the “urine” on that same work computer and eagerly waiting for it to arrive. And the note that said “enjoy your urine!” 😂 

And he really did not look well. I don’t know why Billie and the others didn’t take him out of the surgery. 

And he was able to just waltz in and out of the testing bathroom with a full lab coat, shoes and clothes on? Really?

• Like 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Yes to all of this. Ian Googling “how to cheat a drug test” on his work computer was really dumb. This likely isn’t his first time cheating a test so I’m surprised he had to Google it at all. And ordering the “urine” on that same work computer and eagerly waiting for it to arrive. And the note that said “enjoy your urine!

Yeah, I was also a bit "he's had a long running problem and this is the very first time he's needed to pass a drug test?' side eyeing

• Love 3
On 10/8/2022 at 7:13 PM, jewel21 said:

Conrad asks Devon to cover his shift so he can spend a day at home with an anxious Gigi

Oh, boy. Do we have to be home with Conrad and Gigi? Haven't watch it yet but it would be nice if Conrad in NOT in the episode because he has to be with Gigi. If this is the case, I want more of this.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Haven't watch it yet but it would be nice if Conrad in NOT in the episode because he has to be with Gigi. If this is the case

Gigi is worried about her tae kwon do test later in the day so Conrad stays home to practice with her.

Bonus is no Padma or twins in this episode. I hadn't realized how annoying her storylines are until an episode where she was gone.

Other than Ian's addiction issues, this felt like a filler episode. Devon is still an amazing diagnostician; check. Leela is becoming a brilliant surgeon (and her attending is an ass): check. Billie is the only neurosurgeon on staff; check.

As Cade was telling the addict patient what her child will feel  unless she kicks the addiction, I realized that I'm very tired of the trope where a doctor discloses personal issues to a patient to get them to behave in some way that the doctor wants. Stay professional, people. I don't care about your history or your issues.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Redrum said:

Yeah, I was also a bit "he's had a long running problem and this is the very first time he's needed to pass a drug test?' side eyeing

You'd think he would have bought the fake urine last week after he found out he would have to take a new one.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

You'd think he would have bought the fake urine last week after he found out he would have to take a new one.

I'm curious where he bought it from that had, not only same day delivery, but merely a few hours later.  Amazon and Walmart take at least two days for delivery!! Then of course, he puts the bottle of pee in his locked drawer with his stash of drugs.... as one does. 

18 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

And he really did not look well. I don’t know why Billie and the others didn’t take him out of the surgery. 

Jessica noticed that he was off when she went to get him and then noticed his hands were shaking in surgery and didn't say anything.  These are medical professionals who should notice drug and withdrawal symptoms.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm curious where he bought it from that had, not only same day delivery, but merely a few hours later.  Amazon and Walmart take at least two days for delivery!! Then of course, he puts the bottle of pee in his locked drawer with his stash of drugs.... as one does. 

Not only that, it seemed that the website was pretty mainstream, easily found, and was up and running s if it is very normal for people to buy pee. Weird.

I surprised myself when I realized Gigi was not too annoying in this episode. I actually thought she was very cute in the final scenes. But this is not an endorsement for more Gigi, please! Enough of her for the season

• Love 1
23 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Jessica noticed that he was off when she went to get him and then noticed his hands were shaking in surgery and didn't say anything.  These are medical professionals who should notice drug and withdrawal symptoms.  

This; I expected someone to say that he was in withdrawal but to no avail. 

• Love 2

I think Gigi is very cute and she looks like Nik so so don’t mind her , but it just shows they don’t really know what to do with Conrad now. Conrad, Devon and Nik drew me to the show initially and now Nik is gone, Devon is mostly involved with his drug trial and I’m not sure what Conrad really does.

• Love 5
On 10/12/2022 at 7:51 PM, perkie1968 said:

Isn't the Jessica the one who operated with Bell in the pilot, and when his hands shook and he killed someone went along with his cover story instead of reporting him?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Isn't the Jessica the one who operated with Bell in the pilot, and when his hands shook and he killed someone went along with his cover story instead of reporting him?

yes

also, my big pet peeve with the episode:
cade how did you not pronounce splenomegaly correctly?

it is not spleen o megaly

it's pronounced how it is written

Dr. Ian Sullivan’s addiction story is wearing on me. It’s draggy, boring and getting more ridiculous.

Conrad asking for help from Devon, Devon asking Conrad’s opinion re a patient, Irving criticising Devon re his instinct - these are the OG vibes of The Resident.

Too much Gigi for my liking. The actress, Remy is adorable but nahh. I don’t watch this show for maximum daddy-daughter times.

We got a glimpse of Padma ready to take the twins home. AJ has been reduced to a baby daddy…

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Dr. Ian Sullivan’s addiction story is wearing on me. It’s draggy, boring and getting more ridiculous.

Conrad asking for help from Devon, Devon asking Conrad’s opinion re a patient, Irving criticising Devon re his instinct - these are the OG vibes of The Resident.

Too much Gigi for my liking. The actress, Remy is adorable but nahh. I don’t watch this show for maximum daddy-daughter times.

We got a glimpse of Padma ready to take the twins home. AJ has been reduced to a baby daddy…

yeah Sullivan's story is just rehashing original Bell storyline imo

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 10/12/2022 at 7:51 PM, perkie1968 said:

And that the amount of urine was HUGE, like a juice bottle...who needs that much for a urine test?? Is it meant to last for his entire life's urine tests??

My thought all throughout was that these urine sellers are sketchy simply by the nature of their business. Now they have the name, hospital and credit card info of a prominent doctor. What's to keep them from threatening to tell his employer what he bought unless he keeps paying them?

Edited by SnarkySheep
15 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

And that the amount of urine was HUGE, like a juice bottle...who needs that much for a urine test?? Is it meant to last for his entire life's urine tests??

My thought all throughout was that these urine sellers are sketchy simply by the nature of their business. Now they have the name, hospital and credit card info of a prominent doctor. What's to keep them from threatening to tell his employer what he bought unless he keeps paying them?

I know some people who have faked urine tests - I believe it is so it is easier to strap to the leg to keep it at body temperature.

On 10/11/2022 at 7:56 PM, Redrum said:

I'm ready for Gigi to die of tragic childhood something or other. 

Me too. And the actor's parents need to let her lead a normal childhood unless they want her to be cast as "unpreprocessing toddler".

Conrad spoils Gigi.  

Billie is chief of surgery - why didn't she know Ian was suspended from surgeries until he passed a drug test?  Or at least until further notice even if she didn’t know why.