Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Hold On Tight

DanaK
  • Start Topic

09/21/2022 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : Kidd and Severide's honeymoon is interrupted by a dangerous person from their past. Kidd's former academy classmate joins Firehouse 51. Brett and Violet reflect on their relationships.

Why is Boden suddenly being such a d-bag to Kidd about the new guy? She went through the Academy with him; I dare say she knows more about him than Boden does just because he got a hard-on by seeing New Guy in one extraordinary situation.

• Love 3

For one fleeting, delusional moment there I had hope that Kidd would be bumped off.

(I promised myself that I wouldn't torment myself by watching this show anymore, but it's the middle of the night, I have insomnia, and I'm desperate for distraction.)

Edited by Leeds
it's not i's
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

i don't understand why Sylvie's ex-fiance woukd come to see her when he is engaged to someone else.  I realize that it moved the Sylvie/ Casey breakup along, but it did not make sense.  It would have been more believable if she randomly ran into him and found out he was getting married.

They should have had Sylvie and Matt break up last season at the wedding so we could see the actual scene.

I thought the new guy at 51 was going to end up being an ex of Stella's.  

• Like 4
8 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Why is Boden suddenly being such a d-bag to Kidd about the new guy? She went through the Academy with him; I dare say she knows more about him than Boden does just because he got a hard-on by seeing New Guy in one extraordinary situation.

Boden isn’t being a d-bag. He knows exactly what this new guy is all about. I think he’s testing Stella’s management style, to see how she handles him.  Boden thinks very highly of Stella. 

• Love 1

What a letdown. The whole cliff hanger was resolved before the opening credits. And Kelly must be part Wolverine. He was covered in bruises and scratches and gauze just a week before and now not a mark on him. Didn't he have time off of shift "to rest his bruised ribs", which isn't a thing by the way. The only way to rest them is not to breathe!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

i don't understand why Sylvie's ex-fiance woukd come to see her when he is engaged to someone else.  I realize that it moved the Sylvie/ Casey breakup along, but it did not make sense.  It would have been more believable if she randomly ran into him and found out he was getting married.

Agreed, that made no sense. I thought maybe since Casey's not coming back they might start something up between Sylvie and her ex again so that was a total misdirect and I don't get it. Was the point to just make her even more miserable?

What a letdown. The whole cliff hanger was resolved before the opening credits.

I'm more than happy for that story to be swept under the rug though.

I don't know which way Carver will end up going, but the actor has an eminently punchable face, so it's hard to believe he's going to be a good guy.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

i don't understand why Sylvie's ex-fiance woukd come to see her when he is engaged to someone else.  I realize that it moved the Sylvie/ Casey breakup along, but it did not make sense.

It was to show that everyone is happy but poor Sylvie.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'm more than happy for that story to be swept under the rug though.

I don't know which way Carver will end up going, but the actor has an eminently punchable face, so it's hard to believe he's going to be a good guy.

Totally agree that I was relieved they resolved it before the opening credits rather than dragging it out or putting Stella in peril, even though I am no particular fan of Stella.

100% agreed also on the punchable face.

I missed Hermann. He did show up in the opening scene of the snoozefest that was the Med episode, at least.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It was to show that everyone is happy but poor Sylvie.

Sure, but way to rub salt in the wound. I mean, Kyle was supposed to be a nice guy. Asking your ex-fiance out to breakfast or coffee just to tell her you're engaged to someone else seems like a dick move to me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 9/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't know, he took an ice fishing spear and stabbed him multiple times. I'm sure he hit major organs...

No wonder he went to Upton on PD for help, if anyone knows how to cover up a murder its Detective Felony Barbie. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wow, another cliffhanger that once again meant nothing. These are getting tired. When there's no stakes, constantly putting in cliffhangers at the end of the seasons are pointless. Everybody knew Severide and Kidd would be just fine.

And of course, whiny Severide can't handle that the police informant is not named in the criminal case. A case that Severide was only involved in because he illegally searched a truck with no cause, found drugs, and then stayed on scene, which put a target on his back. If I was the CPD, I would have told him to go spit. You're not police Kelly, so who the hell are you to try to tell them how they handle a CI. Here's newsflash, there are a lot bigger cases that the CI is involved in that take precedence over you. And now, those cases are blown because a CFD hire-up bought Kelly's BS "You know what's right" spiel. But at least St. Kelly got justice because he almost died because he mettled in stuff that wasn't in business.

• Love 1