Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Couldn't make any sense of her leaving the DiMansion with Jude in a carrier, then showing up at the airport with him in a stroller, then Eric having him in a carrier again.

It's probably his car seat.

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Deceiving people to think that Alex and not Xander is Victor's secret son and trying to get Alex to marry is nothing. Tate isn't close to any of those people and he should end his relationship with the parent that has raised him since birth. That is an overreaction.

Right! Being a gold-digger who faked paternity results is such absolute small potatoes. Faking paternity is basically a rite of passage in Salem!

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! Being a gold-digger who faked paternity results is such absolute small potatoes. Faking paternity is basically a rite of passage in Salem!

Sami Brady, Nicole Walker, and Gabi Hernandez have all entered the chat. Then there's Kristen waltzing around Salem, this version of Theresa fits right in.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

But all of that occurred under the scab writers, and as far as Ron is concerned, pretty much everything that they did never really happened.

Sometimes we as fans pick and choose which parts of what we see is "valid" or canon enough for us. I wouldn't write off everything that happened during the strike, however, since there was good stuff. Kon and Theresa both had good moments.  And the flashback to Tom and Alice was great.

Scab writers or not, it was hardly a bad period for the show. Ron is lucky to have a show to come back to!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Theresa basically losing her son's love and respect forever and having her son despise and hate her for the rest of his life would be poetic justice. 

The only thing Theresa really needs to lose is that wig.

• Like 3
  • LOL 15
21 hours ago, Artsda said:

Eric wonders how DNA tests could be wrong? 

Gabi's never been a parent to Arianna, never lived or raised her it's always been Will and Sonny. So her reasoning to tell Eric I do not buy and Stefan was right to call her out. 

Theresa's fake insulting that she didn't open the briefcase or is out for Alex's money is eye rolling. She needs to be found out. Yes integrity and using Tate too, she's sociopath. 

Hard to believe he's Sami's twin sometimes.. I mean. Even though I hated Sami I do feel her presence is needed in times like these. Especially since it involves her brother, ex-husband and rival.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 9:27 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I do buy Gabi revealing Jude's paternity because it involves her daughter. Gabi may not give a shit about Eric, but he is Will's uncle. 

More importantly, Sami is Ari's grandmother and Gabi knows she would never hear the end of it if Sami learned she kept her nephew away from Eric. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Sami is a non entity to everyone now. I doubt she crossed Gabi's mind. Even her son has no connection or mention her. 

Jack barely cared this much about Abby when she was alive, he was all about Gwen. He didn't care that Gwen drugged and gave her brain damage, kidnapped etc yet he'll foam at mouth to Chad now. 

Abby should have been placed in Dimera crypt. With all the other empty spots with markers only. 

The pushing of a double wedding when Xander and Sarah don't want it and everyone hates each other is stupid. 

What's Theresa's plan with the prenup? Destroying it like her friend Konstantine or just keeping this secret forever and spend all Alexs money. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Matt Ashford was way too over the top for me today. He came in on Chad, guns blazing, as if Chad was having Abigail dug up to have a tea party with her corpse.  All his hostility was so uncalled for.  When MA is good, he's good, but when he's not, he's terrible.  I was ready for Chad to tell him to F the hell off.

Today was "terrible" with him all the way.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

Really show?  The only time a crew can do an exhumation is in the middle of the night?  That is BEYOND stupid.  Official exhumations are never done in the middle of the night and there would be SEVERAL officials there along with medical/forensic personnel.  Of course, we all know they aren't actually going to find a corpse (even though I REALLY want Abby to be dead dead) but if they did, do they really think they would even know who it is after a year?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

Ok, I got say that Kerry is hot!

It feels too easy, though. I'm wondering if he's planning on launching his own gossip blog and he's trying to sabotage Lady Whistleblower. 

But yeah, he is hot. And age appropriate for Leo!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 7
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

But yeah, he is hot. And age appropriate for Leo!

Oh, he is? He looked much younger to me. You made me wonder so I looked it up and he is 40 and Greg's 47 so you're right. The Kerry actor could play younger for sure imo. He basically looks Tate's age lol. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Kerry is a keeper. Very natural line delivery.

Contrasted with the highly unnatural scenes of Leo barging into Marlena's home and demanding a session and then her watching drag race with him. Ron, you are shameless and it is embarrassing that Ken lets you get away with this much self-insert crap. Respect the show, please. As others have pointed out, Johnny just lost a baby and Eric just got his back. Marlena would be involved in those plots. Or at the very least, wish to maintain her boundaries with a patient this rude and self-involved.

....she never even watched drag race with Will, FFS. But she'll happily watch it with the guy who screwed up his marriage to Sonny?? Just stop.

And to have Doug's last episode revolve around freaking Abigail??

🤦🏻‍♂️

Both he and John Aniston should have been given more sentimental plots in the last few years of their lives so that their characters' passings wouldn't feel abrupt.

Doug could have been with the great-grandkids, or just chilling watching TV with Julie, or heck, even on the phone with Hope or Shawn. Maybe they could have been chatting about how business was going at Doug's Place.

Instead, a bunch of lines about bozo Abigail being undead for the millionth time and a quick 60 seconds honoring his decades of history.

Soaps used to do these things better. What little we got today was better than nothing, I suppose, but it still wasn't much.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

When Kayla first came on screen today, I literally thought her dress was made out of the same fabric as the curtains. When my eyes adjusted I realized it wasn’t, but bad styling choice for the scene. Plus, I just felt the dress was ugly. The stupid bow. Reminded me of an old fashioned maternity dress. I am NOT saying MBE looks pregnant, just commenting on the style of the dress. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Ridiculous pandering to TV shows. Marlena watching TV with friggin Leo! Crap writing and direction.

Lovely last scenes with Doug and Julie talking about their love and raising Hope. At least we got that today.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

When Kayla first came on screen today, I literally thought her dress was made out of the same fabric as the curtains.

THANK YOU!

I didn't want to seen like a nitpicker so I kept it to myself.

Now I feel seen and heard 😄

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Kerry is a keeper. Very natural line delivery.

Contrasted with the highly unnatural scenes of Leo barging into Marlena's home and demanding a session and then her watching drag race with him. Ron, you are shameless and it is embarrassing that Ken lets you get away with this much self-insert crap. Respect the show, please. As others have pointed out, Johnny just lost a baby and Eric just got his back. Marlena would be involved in those plots. Or at the very least, wish to maintain her boundaries with a patient this rude and self-involved.

....she never even watched drag race with Will, FFS. But she'll happily watch it with the guy who screwed up his marriage to Sonny?? Just stop.

And to have Doug's last episode revolve around freaking Abigail??

🤦🏻‍♂️

Both he and John Aniston should have been given more sentimental plots in the last few years of their lives so that their characters' passings wouldn't feel abrupt.

Doug could have been with the great-grandkids, or just chilling watching TV with Julie, or heck, even on the phone with Hope or Shawn. Maybe they could have been chatting about how business was going at Doug's Place.

Instead, a bunch of lines about bozo Abigail being undead for the millionth time and a quick 60 seconds honoring his decades of history.

Soaps used to do these things better. What little we got today was better than nothing, I suppose, but it still wasn't much.

Doug/Julie discussing Abigail doesn't bother me they were closer to Jennifer's kids than Hope's this last decade anyways. 

Ideally I would've loved it if they showed a picture of Hope/Julie/Doug at the end or talking about Shawn D/Ciara but I don't know if the show knew this would be his last episode either despite the dialogue.  

It's a better ending than what Victor got which was stuck with Leo.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

That was a sweet Doug and Julie ending scene for his last one.

Doug and Julie have more right discussing and knowing about Abby than Jack.  It was Doug who walked her down the aisle to Chad. 

Marlena seemed happy and more animated with Leo than with her children or grandchildren. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Marlena seemed happy and more animated with Leo than with her children or grandchildren. 

She knows a writer's pet when she sees one. LOL

Definitely hoping that's not the last we see of Kerry, though. He is seriously attractive, and the longish hair gives him a pretty distinct look on the show. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Unless the writers had a working crystal ball, those scenarios would require them to know ahead of time that Bill was about to die in RL. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Unless the writers had a working crystal ball, those scenarios would require them to know ahead of time that Bill was about to die in RL. 

They had suspicions that his time was close.  No question they wanted to prepare for that.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

They had suspicions that his time was close.  No question they wanted to prepare for that.

One would think the show would have thought about this scenario especially after how they had to scramble in the wake of John Aniston's death. It should not have been that hard to think about how they would want a character like Bill to exit the show and film some scenes "just in case." Isn't that what they did with Joe Mascolo in his final year?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

The Joe situation was also botched. His original last scenes - getting shot by Hope, then haunting her at the cabin months later - still felt abrupt, random and inadequate given Stefano's importance to the show. Something better should have been preplanned. The poor man was visibly reading cue cards, FFS, and mostly confined to a wheelchair. Yet he kept coming back because if he didn't, there'd have been no ending at all.

And then, after filming those scenes, they dragged him back to set months later to film another ending, the infamous mute (!!!) cameo for the Prague storyline, pureiy because they'd painted Hope into a corner and made her look bad. And bless his heart, he did it, even though he looked like he was struggling. It was so sad.

..Joe's Stefano was the engine that propelled the narrative of Days for years. They knew his health was declining. They knew his departure would hugely affect the series. They should have written a grand exit that felt worthy of the character, with a final death or disappearance that was clever and had a decent build-up. And most importantly, they should have done more to protect the man's dignity, so his illness wasn't on display. They owed him that.

In the end it wasn't even clear if Stefano was dead or alive. They claimed his last appearance was just Shane in a rubber mask (?!?) after he and Steve dug up his body and reburied it elsewhere (🤢) to make it seem like Stefano hadn't died at all, just to let Hope off the hook for murder.

And all that ^ is never referenced anymore because it was such a ghastly, ugly and unsatisfying story that made the "heroes" involved all look bad.

It was a shamefully bad handling of the inevitable. Similarly, they came up with this "Xander is his son" twist after Victor could no longer appear on the show, even though John Aniston kept making appearances, even during a pandemic, and was in visibly frail condition for the past five years or so. I like the twist, and the Konstantin plot was a decent after-the-fact storyline, but again, they had all the time anyone could need to write Victor a better ending storyline. Now his last scene is with a stand-in, voiced by Steve doing an impression. They learned nothing from the Joe M mess.

I'm not saying aging actors have to film heart attack scenes or deathbed scenes, which are depressing no doubt, but something could be done in advance and kept in the Just In Case file for when the day comes they are no longer able to appear on the show.

This is an old cast. Julie, Kate, Doc, John, Steve, Kayla, Maggie, Roman, Abe...any of them may become permanently unavailable at a moment's notice. Corday has to be aware of this.

60 years in the TV game and always caught unprepared? Come on now...

Sorry, but it really upsets me both as a viewer and as someone who imagines how disappointed I'd be after decades on a show to have my character awkwardly written out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1

I'm glad someone's thinking.   I'm so glad she did and wasn't forced to say that he was off preparing to win the gold in the summer olympics

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Bobby was obviously faking being Everett and those 2 don't see it. They just releasing him just like that? 

Dimera board thinks 2 felons Kristen and Ava are good in charge? Now Gabi too? 

Stefan is a cop attempted killer.  EJ needs to find that one out. Send him to jail. 

I'm not minding if Rafe dies. Lol. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Stefan is a cop attempted killer.  EJ needs to find that one out. Send him to jail. 

EJ knows. He didn't care when Harris told him

• Like 4
On 7/10/2024 at 11:32 AM, boes said:

The only thing Theresa really needs to lose is that wig.

Like yesterday it's beyond hideous. I feel bad for EOB having to walk around with that ungodly mop on her head & I don't understand the issue with her real hair given Theresa has been a natural brunette since JL first took over. This is the wrong hill for them to be dying over 

I seen people who like or could like her Theresa but can't get past that Rat nest on top of her head. It takes you right out of the scenes. Days is so fuckin stupid 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Nique said:

Like yesterday it's beyond hideous. I feel bad for EOB having to walk around with that ungodly mop on her head & I don't understand the issue with her real hair given Theresa has been a natural brunette since JL first took over. This is the wrong hill for them to be dying over 

I seen people who like or could like her Theresa but can't get past that Rat nest on top of her head. It takes you right out of the scenes. Days is so fuckin stupid 

I mean when they had Emily leave as Gwen and come back as Theresa, I could understand why they had her in a wig. But months later, she should have dyed her hair (lose wig).

• Like 5

Honestly, I like the wig more than the writing. Fine, the blonde 'do never changes or gets sculpted differently but its hardly a rat's nest.

Paulina's has looked much worse for years  now. Too long, messy and unflattering.

• Like 6

IMO, it's one thing to say that the show should have done this or that, especially if the actor/character deserved it. But what if (for instance) Bill wasn't up to it?  Sure it would have been nice to see, but maybe circumstances (time, health, etc.) just didn't allow it.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

I mean when they had Emily leave as Gwen and come back as Theresa, I could understand why they had her in a wig. But months later, she should have dyed her hair (lose wig).

And besides the terrible wig, if show gave it more time before Emily showed up as Theresa, she probably wouldn't have had to take on that stupid accent either. After all, her father (Shane) is British...and they could have implied that she picked it up a bit of his accent while staying with her father for some time. 

• Like 4

I'm enjoying Bobby faking being Everett to get Connie to kill Rafe, but come on does anyone actually think Rafe is going anywhere? 

I really liked Marlena's look today. The light chartreuse blazer and updo looked very nice.

It's been nice having Remington back. It's not too late to recast him as Paul. Just saying.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

And besides the terrible wig, if show gave it more time before Emily showed up as Theresa, she probably wouldn't have had to take on that stupid accent either. After all, her father (Shane) is British...and they could have implied that she picked it up a bit of his accent while staying with her father for some time. 

The American accent is real. The British one was fake. But I think Emily switches naturally depending on where she lives 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm enjoying Bobby faking being Everett to get Connie to kill Rafe

I have the opposite reaction to that.  Bobby officially became garbage to me when he did that.  If he thinks that this'll win Jada back, then he's wrong.  Once she figures out that he did this, she'll hate him for it.

I guess that alters aren't that smart, though.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Dimera board thinks 2 felons Kristen and Ava are good in charge? Now Gabi too? 

They just had EJ in charge and he's a rapist. It's slim pickings in the Dimera clan, and Salem in general, to find non-felons.

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The American accent is real. The British one was fake. But I think Emily switches naturally depending on where she lives 

Wait, Emily is British, isn't she?

4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm enjoying Bobby faking being Everett to get Connie to kill Rafe ...

Me too! But then I just enjoy Bobby in general. I wanna keep him. Everett is boring and BB is so much better at playing Bobby anyway. Plus, Bobby/Jada is more interesting than Everett/Stephanie.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Yes Emily is British and speaks with an accent. The American accent is the fake one. A good one, but fake. 

She is British yes but in her real life she speaks with an American accent in all her interviews. I imagine when she's back in England she speaks with an English one. Gillian Anderson is the same

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

For the last few weeks I thought DOOL was the best it’s been in a long while but this Li Shin storyline is… not good.

If they wanted the actor back (I did too!), why not just say “fake” like they usually do?

This whole talking to a dead guy over many days grates.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm sure he'll turn out to just be pretending to be dead since he knows she won't let anyone else see him.

I wonder if he'll have any chemistry with new Gabi though...

• Like 3

Anyone else cringe today? Multiple times?

This soap-in-soap plot is already excruciating and we're only starting Act One. 🙄 Again: why would Abe ever enjoy a program his captor forced him to watch while drugged? He wouldn't. It would probably be triggering. But now he's supposedly a devoted fan who wants to round up millions so he can continue it? Suuuuure. It's an embarrassing twist in his career arc, to put it mildly.

And it seems orchestrated just to pick up Ron's "Johnny Recreates Grandma's Posession on Film!" idea. Just wait.

I don't want to hate Connie but her childish vocal delivery just makes me want up laugh as she goes around stabbing people then  talking to herself about the stabbings. Like....come on lady. Rafe probably caught your entire confession. 🙄

Sometimes an innocent demeanor can be a spooky contrast to an evil character, but...not with this actress. She just sounds like she's on a program for preschoolers.

So very much of the dialogue today was winky winky, jokey stuff or tired, cliche stuff. I can't stand it.

Jade eggs? Oh right, Gwyneth Paltrow. Talking dolls? Oh right, Passions.

...haha...?

Can we stop now please?

I'm starting to feel like I'd have to be Abe, drugged to the gills while watching, to ever be a really enthusiastic fan again.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I love it.

Bobby's eyeroll when Stephanie left was hilarious. I don't even mind Stephanie but still, it felt right lol.

I can't wait until they start making this soap. They better actually do it this time though, unlike the tease of Johnny making the horror movie but never getting any scenes of him actually doing it.

Connie is a fucking hoot. The actress has actually improved imo but she's still bad but that's the charm of it. I'm also assuming Rafe heard her.

I fast forwarded a lot of the Chad/Kate scenes though. How many times do we really need to see people be told Abigail might be alive? They need movement on this story asap.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 10
  • Love 1