Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I don’t know what they planned with Jada/Nicole but they replaced Jada with Sloan in that dynamic. 

Which is fine since I genuinely like Rafe/Jada together 

• Like 5
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Same. They really lucked out there cause he's boring as shit.

Still is, but she makes it slightly less apparent.

Rafe works as a supporting character being a smartass. They don’t need him more than that. He’s surprisingly not an issue with me of why the show sucks these days. 

• Like 6
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

is a freaking lawyer who would know how bonkers childnapping is and would never do it

But to add to the above about Sloan, remember when she first came to town looking to get justice for her mother's death?  She kept to everything legal to make Paulina and....damn - I'm blanking on her daughter's name - accountable. Even if all the other characters hated Sloan, she didn't take the illegal route. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

But to add to the above about Sloan, remember when she first came to town looking to get justice for her mother's death?  She kept to everything legal to make Paulina and....damn - I'm blanking on her daughter's name - accountable. Even if all the other characters hated Sloan, she didn't take the illegal route. 

Chanel. And yeah, Sloan refused to break the law, which makes her doing all this to hang on to unemployed, aging, former priest hung up on his teenage crush  all the more baffling.

What an unlikable bunch on today's show. Let's unpack:

Theresa: States she never has to work again cause she is shacking up with a billionaire. I guess she feels that she did the work to fake making him one so she deserves it

Alex: Buys trinkets to pay for sex with the two women he is boinking. At least that is how it looks to me. So gross. And still skipping work.

Kristen: Chatting to EJ about how bad Sloan is for stealing a baby, when she stole EJ as a baby and tried to sell Susan into white slavery to cover it up. Sloan is a rank amateur compared to Kristen

EJ: "Jude" is not a good enough name for "MY" son. If Alex is being set up for a big fall, this pompous jerk is in for one just as satisfying

Stefan: Self styled people person hiring the first idiot he can find to run his tainted restaurant

Montana Crew: I just don't care unless it ends with Clyde in a body bag. Fed through a wood chipper to ensure he is good and dead.

Last day of the strike! I learn nothing and am eagerly looking forward to Ron's stuff

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Theresa: States she never has to work again cause she is shacking up with a billionaire. I guess she feels that she did the work to fake making him one so she deserves it

Alex: Buys trinkets to pay for sex with the two women he is boinking. At least that is how it looks to me. So gross. And still skipping work.

I love them lol. A couple of lazy assholes, which a soap needs. They haven't gone too far into evil territory to me either so they're just fun little bad guys. 

Kristen judging Sloan for kidnapping a baby was too much. Like please!

I love Lucas so I enjoy the Montana scenes. I also think it's hilarious how they're talking about Montana. Maybe it's realistic but it sounds like it probably isn't lol. I also kinda loled at Harris' 'come on now bro' stance after that drug deal guy pushed him and ran away.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love them lol. A couple of lazy assholes, which a soap needs. They haven't gone too far into evil territory to me either so they're just fun little bad guys. 

Kristen judging Sloan for kidnapping a baby was too much. Like please!

I love Lucas so I enjoy the Montana scenes. I also think it's hilarious how they're talking about Montana. Maybe it's realistic but it sounds like it probably isn't lol. I also kinda loled at Harris' 'come on now bro' stance after that drug deal guy pushed him and ran away.

I would be okay with this if Alex and Theresa weren't eating up so much screen time to begin with and we weren't actually expected to give a crap about at least one of them. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I would be okay with this if Alex and Theresa weren't eating up so much screen time to begin with ...

That is a good point. They do seem to be on a lot. I don't always watch all their scenes though so it doesn't really register as oversaturation to me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That is a good point. They do seem to be on a lot. I don't always watch all their scenes though so it doesn't really register as oversaturation to me.

Whatever. Hopefully once this awful storyline is over, Theresa disappears from the canvas, never to return ever again, and Alex is placed on the back-burner at least for a little while. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Even though I preferred someone else to play Alex I don't hate the character. He's regularly humbled and has self-awareness unlike a lot of characters on this show. I don't get how his womanizing is worse than actual crimes some characters commit(this isn't directed at anyone here just the pearl clutching of characters on this show over Alex liking sex etc).

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Theresa I think will definitely be gone, unfortunately. They love RSW too much to get rid of Alex though. I think RSW is most likely a lifer. 

Yep, I definitely think we're stuck with Alex forever for as long as the show continues to air. At least Theresa will be gone permanently and hopefully will never return to the show in any capacity ever again. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Theresa I think will definitely be gone, unfortunately. They love RSW too much to get rid of Alex though. I think RSW is most likely a lifer. 

You take that back.

Please!!!!

Edit: For real, I couldn't take Deidre grinning lovingly at manho RSW talking about Ben screwing Kristen, Marlena's hated enemy. I couldn't even finish the episode.

That was a rancid note to end the strike episodes on.

And how dare Ava look disgusted upon seeing Lucas sleeping nearby. SHE's the rapist!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Rafe works as a supporting character being a smartass. They don’t need him more than that. He’s surprisingly not an issue with me of why the show sucks these days. 

I think the show FINALLY got this once his relationship with Nicole hit the skids and they paired him up with Jada. It took so many years but I finally liked him when he made a face and put Nicole's pie in the trash. They're actually writing him correctly now. 

Can we mark a "continuity yay!" moment for Rafe indirectly mentioning David? Thinking about David makes me miss his bio daddy Evan Frears all over again. I miss our crazy bisexual manny Evan!!!!

8 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Yep, I definitely think we're stuck with Alex forever for as long as the show continues to air.

Unless they decide to recast Ciara and we get back Cin. Maybe this time Ben and Ciara can act out Taming of the Shrew. But yeah, I think RSW is a lifer for as long as this show is on air. He's got both Dierdre Hall AND Ron C. in his corner.

8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Even though I preferred someone else to play Alex I don't hate the character. He's regularly humbled and has self-awareness unlike a lot of characters on this show. I don't get how his womanizing is worse than actual crimes some characters commit(this isn't directed at anyone here just the pearl clutching of characters on this show over Alex liking sex etc).

Yeah, I can tolerate him pretty much as well. Most importantly (similar to what I wrote about Rafe) they're writing the character of Alex as something that's within Robert Scott Wilson's range. He's not struggling with the character like he was with Ben. (Ben could have been pulled off if you had gotten Roger Howarth in 1994 form. Unfortunately RSW is not Roger Howarth in 1994 form.)

• Like 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Most importantly (similar to what I wrote about Rafe) they're writing the character of Alex as something that's within Robert Scott Wilson's range. He's not struggling with the character like he was with Ben.

Exactly. The show tends to do this a lot imo, try making an actor play a character they just aren't good at playing. They struggle to change things up to fit the actor's strengths. They finally have Alex (and Rafe, as you said) working now and they're both much more fun to watch.

• Like 3

Honestly, I quite enjoy RSW playing an arrogant ass, and he seems to be having fun with it too. The writers don't like the character much and it shows, but it is fun watching him get such an inflated opinion of himself as Victor's lauded bastard son, especially knowing it is all going to come crashing down soon

• Like 4

Today was the first day they posted the entire writing team in the closing credits. For the last two weeks they've only put that particular days episode script writer in the closing credits.

And I wonder why Bryan Datillo doesn't have his name in the closing credits?  During the last six months or so his name has never been in the credits on the rare occasion he appears. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)

Boy oh boy. Now that Ron's back I guess "the nightmare is over!" after the "quality of the writing has really gone down the last couple of months!"

Subtle. And super classy.

I'm sorry, but is Ron unaware that his own storytelling can be described as "lame, cliched, hackneyed" and frequently littered with a "lame plays on words" every other scene?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just finished the episode. A lot to process. Things are suddenly moving very quickly.

I'm guessing Ron's going to ignore the Mommy Connection that was just established about why Everett/Bobby reacted so badly to Eric yelling at Sloan? Is the explanation now going to be "childhood trauma"? Or will he link the two?

It's strange - Nick was the one sexually abused in prison, right? If they'd brought him back as Nick, then linking the DID to SA (as now seems likely to be the route this is taking) might have made some sense. Whatever. It should have been a new actor.

As for the intervention, we're supposed to believe that Doc would advise the two girlfriends to just ambush him on their own and have them say "Marlena told us", even though she didn't care to be present? But then, Marlena shows up anyway? Huh?

Super weird, as was the sudden yoyo-ing apprehension of Melinda. Considering she *just* became DA again, you'd think Ron might have left that plotpoint alone and not immediately had her role in the switch exposed.

Was the flashback of her handing off Jude to Eric and Sloan new, or an actual flashback? I can't remember.

There were two truly awful scream moments today that I had to rewatch and laugh at. Nicole's "raaaah!" that felt forced and random, and then Everett's crosseyed "Geet OOOOOOUUUUT!" Both just...incredibly cringe.

Why didn't Eric ask Rafe to arrest Pet Character Leo for withholding information about the switch and then blackmailing Sloan? Oh wait...I just answered my own question didn't I?

Considering they're on streaming now, and that one of DOOL's most infamous moments is the "SAY IT!" double-slap between Sami and Nicole, I'm really surprised (and somewhat disappointed) that Nicole didn't rip Sloan's clothes apart while kicking and calling her actual curse words.

But...yeah. Ron's back and the show suddenly feels 3X campier. Though I'm sure he'd just consider it "juicy". Bleh.

Look, in fairness, he said in an interview that he was the one to bring Sloan back for an actual confrontation between her and Nicole, so his impulses aren't always wrong.

I just can't fathom why she would have wanted to come back when she already had literal get out of jail free card: a ticket out of town and a small fortune waiting for her in a foreign country. Why not just leave Nicole a note if you really want to say something? Why risk sneaking to the mansion in person?

When I saw the spoilers that she'd pop up, I figured it was because there was a problem with EJ's payoff that needed resolving. That would have made more sense. I don't buy that she cares more about Nicole knowing her reasons that she does avoiding prison and having a restarted life.

Curious to see if she gets arrested or what. Glad Eric will get another scene with her. Hopefully Monday is more of a climax. Today's showdown with Nicole was weak. At least they mentioned Sydney!

And for those of you mourning the possibility of a Sloan/EJ hookup, I'm with you. If Jessica and Ari had managed to stick around another six months, maybe we'd have had it play out that way in the aftermath of this. Dang.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Great episode. I didn't fast forward any of it.

I howled at Marlena saying Bobverett's blood pressure was elevated, which she discerned by checking his pulse apparently. For some reason, it was absolutely hilarious to me. I watched it multiple times lol.

Loved all the Bobverett scenes. They were like half actually good and half full hilarity and that is precisely what I want from my soap.

I'm glad Sloan called Nicole out on her hypocrisy, at least. I liked Ari better today since I think she's better at playing a bitch than, well, anything else lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I howled at Marlena saying Bobverett's blood pressure was elevated, which she discerned by checking his pulse apparently. For some reason, it was absolutely hilarious to me. I watched it multiple times lol.

Wasn't that great!  She takes his pulse, tells everyone about his blood pressure and all with that RoboMar stare.   Can you imagine how she'd take his temperature??

I guess Blake Berris plays Everett okay but we're supposed to believe that Jada fell for this Bobby Stein persona?  He's got moves that even lounge lizard Alexxxx Kiriakis wouldn't use.  His come on lines and those "sexy" looks he kept giving Jada should have made them all burst out laughing.  When he takes a shower, he should put on more clothes, not take off the ones he's wearing.

The Sloan/Nicole showdown was pretty disappointing.  I pretty much wish she'd just disappeared.  If she did disappear, could she adopt Leo and take him the hell away with her?  Nails on a chalkboard, that guy.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7

If the finger prints was match for Bobby doesn't that mean Everett is the alter? 

The scenes with him were good though. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

If the finger prints was match for Bobby doesn't that mean Everett is the alter? 

The scenes with him were good though. 

No.  The host never knows about the alter.  Bobby clearly knows about Everett, but Everett does not know about Bobby.  Thus is Everett the host.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Rodney said:

No.  The host never knows about the alter.  Bobby clearly knows about Everett, but Everett does not know about Bobby.  Thus is Everett the host.

Bobby makes sense as the alter. He's protecting Everett from his past.

• Like 7
12 hours ago, boes said:

I guess Blake Berris plays Everett okay but we're supposed to believe that Jada fell for this Bobby Stein persona?  He's got moves that even lounge lizard Alexxxx Kiriakis wouldn't use.  His come on lines and those "sexy" looks he kept giving Jada should have made them all burst out laughing.  When he takes a shower, he should put on more clothes, not take off the ones he's wearing.

I like Bobby better lol. But I do agree that is doesn't make much sense that Jada was into him. Although, he probably wasn't as angry and insane when she met him. Plus, their kiss was hot, so maybe it was just a physical attraction thing.

9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Exactly. Steve also found a birth certificate for Robert Stein. I'm just assuming maybe they just didn't know exactly where they wanted to go at first and are now just expecting us to disregard that stuff lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I hope today’s episode isn’t an indication that Leo’s airtime is going to increase. Ugh.

He's an avatar of Ron so.. fortunately I can FF on Peacock to avoid him. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, boes said:

That the same question I keep asking.   Why would Jada fall in love and marry someone with Bobby's personality?   He doesn't seem like the type of person she'd have any interest in.   

• Like 3

My take on things FWIW:

Boverett's DID stems from his father being at minimal, abusive towards his mother. The way he interviened when Eric grabbed Sloan was obviously a trigger.

Though I enjoy seeing Lucas, why is he involved in the Hava escapades?

The Jude reveal is a total dud thus far. All its given us is more Eeyore/Eric with his perpetual cloud of doom and gloom.

Just like divorced couples in the real world, as long as Tate and Brady are still on canvas, Teresa is always just a story line away from returning. Alex has less connection, even once the deception comes to light, as we don't see much of his (soon to be again) dad, Justin, either. 

When the truth comes out about the will switch, are Xarah going to become another go no-where couple? Will they be a couple that sticks, or will someone always be trying to destroy their relationship, like every other couple? Guess I just answered my own question. Maybe they'll be the new Ericole - meant to be together but never quite make it. 

Just out of curiosity, was Lady Whistleblower created before or after Bridgerton dropped? Are the names just that coincidental? (Lady Whistledown)

I will so miss Arianne Zucker. It may be a deal breaker for my watching. She has been through so much trauma off screen, I feel she Is being further traumatized and penalized for standing in her truth. TPTB could have handled this in a much healthier way, all across the boards.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I wonder when Ari knew she was fired as it relates to the filming of these episodes. Did she already know by this point?

I am *stunned* Ron didn't give them a full Dynasty-style throwdown. If she's getting away with it, the least she could have had is a black eye.

ShutUpLeo got what he deserved and from GrandpaRoman, no less! Go Gramps go! Now FIRE AVA FROM THE PUB!!

I feel like Melinda has been ruined by all this, though.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, salvame said:

My take on things FWIW:

Boverett's DID stems from his father being at minimal, abusive towards his mother. The way he interviened when Eric grabbed Sloan was obviously a trigger.

Though I enjoy seeing Lucas, why is he involved in the Hava escapades?

The Jude reveal is a total dud thus far. All its given us is more Eeyore/Eric with his perpetual cloud of doom and gloom.

Just like divorced couples in the real world, as long as Tate and Brady are still on canvas, Teresa is always just a story line away from returning. Alex has less connection, even once the deception comes to light, as we don't see much of his (soon to be again) dad, Justin, either. 

When the truth comes out about the will switch, are Xarah going to become another go no-where couple? Will they be a couple that sticks, or will someone always be trying to destroy their relationship, like every other couple? Guess I just answered my own question. Maybe they'll be the new Ericole - meant to be together but never quite make it. 

Just out of curiosity, was Lady Whistleblower created before or after Bridgerton dropped? Are the names just that coincidental? (Lady Whistledown)

I will so miss Arianne Zucker. It may be a deal breaker for my watching. She has been through so much trauma off screen, I feel she Is being further traumatized and penalized for standing in her truth. TPTB could have handled this in a much healthier way, all across the boards.

Absolutely Everett saw his dad kill his mother. I just pray it's not Clyde.

So much Eric the last two weeks. And so very tired of him. Glad Sloan quoted the Bible at him today. Predictably he ignores the scripture when he's feeling wronged.

I'd be happy for Theresa and Alex to bolt town together permanently. On his racehorse or in his used Ferrari. Don't care. Just get rid of them.

I think Xarah are solid now. I imagine with all the anvils about his mum that she is en route and she will not be as fun a mother in law as Sarah hopes. Once they survive her, and the Victor reveal, I'd have Sarah remember having a baby while she was Renee on the island. Plenty to milk from that year off screen, and Kristen would totally have taken a baby and hidden it.

Lady whistleblower is a direct knock off from Bridgerton. Absolutely 

I like Ari but I'm bored silly with Nicole. I have not loved any of this Jude fiasco except her and EJ, and the writers apparently don't want them and are determined to force boring, tired Ericole.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Sad to see Sloan go, she was a good character. 

I can't with Nicole's hypocrisy. At least she got called on it. 

Sloan needs to realize Eric doesn't believe in forgiveness or sickness and health. Lol He trusted a Dimera manhandling her and said nothing about that.  Where's Bobby when you need him? 

Rafe needs to arrest Trask and not be another crooked cop. The blackmail of police commissioner is stupid.  Arrest her and search the office, not like the book went far. Plus Eric and now Nicole knows she's involved.  She doesn't deserve to get snugly smirking about getting her way. 

Roman let's Ava live and work there but Leo he'll not serve? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

At this point, I don't see why EJ doesn't just put out a hit on Sloan. It's what Stefano would have done. Heck, he had the guy killed who had the pictures of Kristen paying off the mugger in the park back when she first was seducing Brady ten years ago.

It's not the moral thing to do, obviously, but EJ's a DiMera and apparently desperate to keep anyone from knowing Eric is the father. Sloan and Leo (and Melinda, but he doesn't know that) are the three who know. Paying Sloan to walk away was pretty risky, and now she's shown she is concerned with "what's right". I wouldn't be surprised if EJ got fed up and offed her.

As for Rafe, I don't see why he doesn't arrest Trask and ask the new DA to reopen the case. Several people saw the evidence and the blood from the book was tested to prove it was Li's right? So there's paperwork, even if Melinda hides the book (which would surely get her in serious trouble).

Some pretty big plotholes in all the major stories.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ron can't seem to help himself from trying to replicate the OLTL David Vickers character through Leo and it's a dismal failure IMO.

Tuc Watkins played David Vickers to perfection on OLTL but Greg Rikaart's Leo is a one dimensional nails-on-a-chalkboard character.  If EJ take a hit out on anyone, let it be Leo.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I think Xarah are solid now. I imagine with all the anvils about his mum that she is en route and she will not be as fun a mother in law as Sarah hopes. Once they survive her, and the Victor reveal, I'd have Sarah remember having a baby while she was Renee on the island. Plenty to milk from that year off screen, and Kristen would totally have taken a baby and hidden it.

I can’t recall…so when Sarah remembered she was Sarah and not Renee, did she completely forget her time on the island?  Is that why she might not remember possibly having a baby while she was captive there?

12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's not the moral thing to do, obviously, but EJ's a DiMera and apparently desperate to keep anyone from knowing Eric is the father. Sloan and Leo (and Melinda, but he doesn't know that) are the three who know.

Please remind me - why/how does Leo know Eric is the baby’s father?

• Like 2
20 hours ago, salvame said:

Since I don't like the character Sarah (or really even the actress portraying her), they are already boring to read about. I don't know how much will change in Xander when he learns the truth, but they are really wasting him being all lovey dovey. And, Sarah is a nothing character to me, and shouldn't be paired with Xander. I get that they have a good connection and play well together, but they are too boring for words these days. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Since I don't like the character Sarah (or really even the actress portraying her), they are already boring to read about. I don't know how much will change in Xander when he learns the truth, but they are really wasting him being all lovey dovey. And, Sarah is a nothing character to me, and shouldn't be paired with Xander. I get that they have a good connection and play well together, but they are too boring for words these days. 

Different  strokes. I love them together, but I would like him to have more of an edge again. I assume his mother is going to push a lot of buttons so I'm looking forward to that.

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I can’t recall…so when Sarah remembered she was Sarah and not Renee, did she completely forget her time on the island?  Is that why she might not remember possibly having a baby while she was captive there?

Sarah has no memories of her island time at all. She woke up in the hospital thinking it was the day after the wedding Kristen abducted her from

Leo does NOT know Eric is the father. He thinks it is EJ

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Leo does NOT know Eric is the father. He thinks it is EJ

Whoops, my bad!

Today's episode was rather quick.

Very glad Steve listened to Kayla and didn't run off into danger. Felt like it was long overdue for her to give him a reality check.

Xander was convinced mighty fast, wasn't he? Mom's a toxic alcoholic, but yes, her infant granddaughter deserves the chance to know her? What?

Sarah should have respected her fiancee"s "no". And if they were determined to consider bringing his mother back into the family again, they should have looked into her situation a bit and seen if she was, in fact, a changed person.

Kate exists only to sit at a table with Roman these days and it makes me sad. What happened to the active, driven woman about town?

Why is Lucas telling this crazy lady personal information? Seems pretty dumb.

And how does any of this help him get out of prison?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, norcalgal said:

She was drugged out of her mind due to the syringe she got accidentally injected with that Abby left behind when she and Gabi held Gwen in the wine cellar.

I like Xarah together but at the same time can see how they don't work long term unless one of them fundamentally changes. I would've been fine with Rex/Sarah as a long term option if he was still around while Xander/Sarah co-parent. Everytime Sarah forgives him for something that's valid for her to leave him for it makes her a lot less credible on the moral front.

Xander was best as a thug but since they want him as a long term character I see why he had to be softened up. However given how this show gives me so little to enjoy I just go with it at this point.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

TPTBs might want a re-enactment of Jo/Steve with Xander and his mom. Sarah could be channeling the determined Kayla who insisted Patch to give Jo a second chance. Xander could be channeling the cynical Steve who refused the chance to know his mother again. You’d probably suffer emotional exhaustion or heart attack to sit through the Johnson family drama but it was brilliantly created and beautifully executed. I’d be happy if they’d go there with Xander and his mother this time, even though my mind told me to be cautiously optimistic about it.

5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

For all her bizarre tendencies of exaggeration and unstoppable habits of talking in baby voice, the actress has the knack of creating chemistry with almost any male actor she come into contact with on Days, there were people who even liked Sarah/Eric lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She was drugged out of her mind due to the syringe she got accidentally injected with that Abby left behind when she and Gabi held Gwen in the wine cellar.

Yes, when Sarah was drugged with the syringe, that caused her to think she was Renee but later got "the cure" when she was back in Salem, which made her remember she was indeed Sarah Horton. But did getting the cure cause Sarah to forget her time when she was captive on the island?  If not, how could the show create a story where Sarah gave birth to a baby while captive on the island?  [NOT a real story DOOL is working on, just a plot someone posted here for speculation.]

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Yes, when Sarah was drugged with the syringe, that caused her to think she was Renee but later got "the cure" when she was back in Salem, which made her remember she was indeed Sarah Horton. But did getting the cure cause Sarah to forget her time when she was captive on the island?  If not, how could the show create a story where Sarah gave birth to a baby while captive on the island?  [NOT a real story DOOL is working on, just a plot someone posted here for speculation.]

Sarah has no memories of that entire year on the island, the cure just brought her back to the point she was at when she was abducted, her memories stopped right at the night before the wedding.

36 minutes ago, Sunrain said:

TPTBs might want a re-enactment of Jo/Steve with Xander and his mom. Sarah could be channeling the determined Kayla who insisted Patch to give Jo a second chance. Xander could be channeling the cynical Steve who refused the chance to know his mother again. You’d probably suffer emotional exhaustion or heart attack to sit through the Johnson family drama but it was brilliantly created and beautifully executed. I’d be happy if they’d go there with Xander and his mother this time, even though my mind told me to be cautiously optimistic about it.

I remember how angry Steve was when Kayla kept pushing him to reconcile with Jo, and how he resisted until Duke put her in the hospital and Steve roared to her defence. I was resistant to Steve getting a family so early in his tenure with Kayla, but in retrospect it was a brilliant story. I am more than ready for Xander and his Mum drama, I hope she is messy as hell and pushes all his old buttons.

• Like 5
  • Love 2