Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

she's been my favorite character for so many years now and for her to be reduced to this... it's just pathetic.

Oh ok - interesting! I hadn't realized you liked her. But I have a hard time keeping track of peoples likes or dislikes.

1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I honestly don't know why I keep torturing myself like this. For the sake of my own mental health, I just need to walk away and just be done with the show.

I have thought this often these last 5 years. This community is a big part of why I still watch - you're all so fun and thoughtful and invested - but as everyone can tell, I see about 10 things per episode that make me sigh with frustration. I enjoy the medium of soaps when they're done well. When it's pet characters running things, logic be damned, and cheap stunts and character assassinations...no thanks.

But every once in a while, there's gold. There's a thoughtful flashback to young Tom and Alice buying their house. There's an actor delivering a knockout performance. A payoff to a plot point from years prior. There's some reminder that it isn't all a painful mess.

....I never thought I'd get through them recasting Kristen and ruining the character over and over and over again. I haven't, really...but I've hung around anyway.

Maybe with Ari leaving, I'll throw in the towel too. I mean, there isn't even Victor around to snark on people :(

How much Paulina, Leo, Kristen, Ava and BenAlex BS can one person take??

*hugs*

• Like 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I actually have Peacock but I'm not going to waste a single minute on this godawful show. The only reason why I even have it is because Law & Order: Organized Crime is going to stream exclusively on there next season and I really like that show. It's so much better than Days. Days wishes that they were Organized Crime. 

I posted here before that my DOOL viewing ended when Comcast stopped offering Peacock for “free” to Comcast cable subscribers. At this point, I’d probably only subscribe to Peacock if it’s bundled with other streaming providers, as I’m hearing is happening with some streaming services (like Disney + bundling with…HBOMax?).

• Like 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

None of Shane's kids would be broke ever. He's loaded. So why do they keep having Theresa attempt to marry for money?

It made sense imo when I was figuring she was just greedy. I mean, most rich people are lol. But now they seem to be acting like she actually doesn't have money and it's like huh. That's just stupid. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I posted here before that my DOOL viewing ended when Comcast stopped offering Peacock for “free” to Comcast cable subscribers. At this point, I’d probably only subscribe to Peacock if it’s bundled with other streaming providers, as I’m hearing is happening with some streaming services (like Disney + bundling with…HBOMax?).

If you're a Comcast subscriber, you maybe should still have access to Peacock.  Last I checked, I still do.  They gave it back to subscribers.

The bundle for Comcast subscribers is going to be Peacock, HBO Max and AppleTV+ (all add-based versions I believe.)

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The less screen time shared by Dee and Suzanne the better. One of them can not hide their real life issues with the other.

What are their real life issues?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Dee hates Suzanne. Why will never be known. Lots of rumours out there 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Dee hates Suzanne. Why will never be known. Lots of rumours out there 

One version of this long-standing fued I heard was that Dee was a close friend of Suzanne and her real life partner once upon a time, DH was allegedly furious after she learned SR had an affair with another person sometime later and has hated her ever since. The fallout from the feud was so ugly that Dee refused to share screen time with Suzanne and TPTBs had to make major adjustment to her demand.

Marlena was a family friend of Hortons for many years, it made no sense at all character-wise or story-wise when she stopped interacting with one of them without real explanation and not to mention Maggie was one of Marlena's bridesmaids in her wedding with RoJohn. And there’s no way TPTBs could have admitted out loud they had to take action because Deidre Hall was unable to handle this personal issue of hers more professionally.

Edited by Sunrain
missing word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
48 minutes ago, Sunrain said:

One version of this long-standing I heard was that Dee was a close friend of Suzanne and her real life partner once upon a time, DH was allegedly furious after she learned SR had an affair with another person sometime later and has hated her ever since. The fallout from the feud was so ugly that Dee refused to share screen time with Suzanne and TPTBs had to make major adjustment to her demand.

Marlena was a family friend of Hortons for many years, it made no sense at all character-wise or story-wise when she stopped interacting with one of them without real explanation and not to mention Maggie was one of Marlena's bridesmaids in her wedding with RoJohn. And there’s no way TPTBs could have admitted out loud they had to take action because Deidre Hall was unable to handle this personal issue of hers more professionally.

It was so obvious during their recent scenes that I saw comments everywhere asking why Marlena was so cold to Maggie. Even casual viewers were confused.

It carries to cast members who are close to Suzanne too. We will never see Xander in therapy with Marlena. Thank heavens for that!

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
On 6/8/2024 at 9:35 AM, brisbydog said:

The less screen time shared by Dee and Suzanne the better. One of them can not hide their real life issues with the other.

Oh, God.  They don't still have them, do they?  It was years ago!  They need to get over it and act professional!  It wasn't like both of them were seen together on Friday, anyway.  Only Suzanne was on.

On 6/8/2024 at 1:58 PM, DisneyBoy said:

How much Paulina, Leo, Kristen, Ava and BenAlex BS can one person take??

I happen to like all of those characters (except for Kristen), so I'd say that I can take plenty of them.  More for me, I guess.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Oh, God.  They don't still have them, do they?  It was years ago!  They need to get over it and act professional!  It wasn't like both of them were seen together on Friday, anyway.  Only Suzanne was on.

I happen to like all of those characters (except for Kristen), so I'd say that I can take plenty of them.  More for me, I guess.

No. Dee wasn't on Friday, but they had her in scenes with Maggie through March to May and they were very awkward. On her side only, Suzanne was fine.

I can pretty much tolerate all characters for the most part, even Paulina if she tones it down, but I absolutely agree Kristen is an aberration that needs to be ended. And it's not like they have to fire the actress. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

No. Dee wasn't on Friday, but they had her in scenes with Maggie through March to May and they were very awkward. On her side only, Suzanne was fine.

Maybe it's because I can't read mannerisms well, but I honestly didn't see or feel anything from Deidre, either.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

It carries to cast members who are close to Suzanne too. We will never see Xander in therapy with Marlena. Thank heavens for that!

Wow. I knew about the Deidre/Suzanne feud but I didn't know Deidre even refused to film with people close to Suzanne as well. That is crazy! I would love to know the real reason for this. That rumor posted above doesn't seem like enough for Deidre to be doing all that lol.

32 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Maybe it's because I can't read mannerisms well, but I honestly didn't see or feel anything from Deidre, either.

Same tbh. She seemed the way she always is to me.

• Like 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

It was so obvious during their recent scenes that I saw comments everywhere asking why Marlena was so cold to Maggie. Even casual viewers were confused.

Huh. I didnt notice that...and I was looking for it.

I wonder what changed...did Dee work with her again just because Sherri wrote it in? Did Sherri deliberately put them together? Or does she not know about the feud? Or did the ladies just put the feud behind them?

2 hours ago, Sunrain said:

One version of this long-standing fued I heard was...

Interestingly, the two versions I heard were slight variations on that. The first, that Suzanne had had an affair with a man of Dee's, and the second, that Dee and Suzanne had the affair and a nasty split.

Yeah.

I can pretty much tolerate all characters for the most part, even Paulina if she tones it down

I'm...I'm checking for a pulse, but I'm not finding anything! We've lost her!!

And it's not like they have to fire the actress. 

Her Susan is pretty grating too. Eileen made everything work.

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Oh, God.  They don't still have them, do they?  It was years ago!  They need to get over it and act professional!

Yup. I mean, everyone loves Missy, right?

The alliances on this show are so weird...

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

😲 Wow, ok did *not* know that. But Dee did film with John Aniston...so....?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
45 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Huh. I didnt notice that...and I was looking for it.

I wonder what changed...did Dee work with her again just because Sherri wrote it in? Did Sherri deliberately put them together? Or does she not know about the feud? Or did the ladies just put the feud behind them?

Interestingly, the two versions I heard were slight variations on that. The first, that Suzanne had had an affair with a man of Dee's, and the second, that Dee and Suzanne had the affair and a nasty split.

Yeah.

I'm...I'm checking for a pulse, but I'm not finding anything! We've lost her!!

Her Susan is pretty grating too. Eileen made everything work.

Yup. I mean, everyone loves Missy, right?

The alliances on this show are so weird...

😲 Wow, ok did *not* know that. But Dee did film with John Aniston...so....?

I mean, Dee films with everybody but the therapy scenes are with her "pet" favourites like RSW (both versions), Remington, Blake and now Greg R. You knolw she requests them because these are the guys she fawns over on Instagram. Paul is very close to Suzanne and Dee likes to be put first. Allegedly.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
25 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t think Dee demands certain scene partners. If she did, MM wouldn’t have gotten fired and we would have a lot more family scenes. 

I'm saying the awkward therapy scenes are totally her favourites and she requests them, whether they make sense or not. Like on what planet did Alex ever look like he wanted help with a sex addiction?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I'm saying the awkward therapy scenes are totally her favourites and she requests them, whether they make sense or not. Like on what planet did Alex ever look like he wanted help with a sex addiction?

They might be her favorites, but I don’t believe she requests them at all. She has said numerous times that she doesn’t want to dictate storyline. If she did, Marlena would have gotten cancer and she would have a health related storyline. She wants that and it’s been denied. 

• Useful 5
26 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

They might be her favorites, but I don’t believe she requests them at all. She has said numerous times that she doesn’t want to dictate storyline. If she did, Marlena would have gotten cancer and she would have a health related storyline. She wants that and it’s been denied. 

Thankfully. Anything involving a cancer story for John's current wife would be trite compared to what he went through with Isabella. Unless they perma killed Marlena the same way, which I highly doubt.

• Like 2

Threatening Marlena's life is such a crutch for the writers. They do it every six months and have now taken her literally to hell and back.

The only reason I can come up with for why she'd suddenly skip Maggie's wedding is because John knew if she came, she'd be shot or taken hostage and asked her to sit this one out.

Yeah, the RSW love is so blatant I don't believe for a second the therapy scenes (and previous Ben love) weren't done either at her request or specifically to please Dee. Her character has never had a good reason to interact with Ben or with Alex over her children, grandchildren and friends.

She apparently said when she first saw RSW on set, "hand this guy a contract!" 

🙄

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Rodney said:

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

There are stories of actors who didn't get along with one another off-screen chose to act like a professional for the sake of their shows and viewers. Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn hadn't spoken to each other for years after their reportedly unpleasant split, both were able to put their bitter past behind them and worked together again in General Hospital. If only Deidre Hall could do the same, unless she intended to carry this grudge with Suzanne to her grave.

3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

But even if the writers had given Marlena a serious health related storyline, it was doubtful DH could have pulled it off tbh. When is the last time she actually makes a pairing work or carries a story? 

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Sunrain said:

Lane Davies and Nancy Lee Grahn hadn't spoken to each other for years after their reportedly unpleasant split, both were able to put their bitter past behind them and worked together again in General Hospital.

Squeeeeee!!!  I loved Julia and Mason (my favorite couple on Santa Barbara), and was soooooo happy to see them together on GH. They still oozed so much chemistry on GH. 

• Like 3
(edited)

@SouthernChickI never mean to be provocative in my reply to you, please no need to take things personally, thank you. I don’t have a problem with Marlena at all. As I merely suggested on another thread the other day, it was rather the independent and sporty Marlena from the distant past that resonated with me as a character the most – the heroine with an actual personality and wasn’t some lethargic/ice-cold type we have been accustomed to for a long time.

I see you brought up Don Craig and the original Roman. Although I was unable to catch Marlena/Don Craig when they were a couple, I had watched the episodes when these two were friends.  You see, Don Craig and Marlena might have parted for good because she developed romantic feelings for Roman, but they remained close friends. Thankfully the brilliant writers didn’t turn him into the male Kristen and Jed Allan was such a charmer so their friendship worked beautifully. Most important of all, TPTBs paid particular attention to that friendship, hence why it did work. The original Roman/Marlena relationship took a real and organic development. They were polar opposite and forced to work together on a kidnapping case (or different case, my memory could be wrong). Feelings were gradually developed and evolved into something more as the two spend more time together… You’d be absolutely shocked by some of the fun stunts Marlena pulled after they finally became a couple. Despite being bad at sports, she’d matched Roman in baseball play, skiing and skating! Also, she was not some damsel in distress either who was constantly in danger and needed the love of her life to save her. For instance she helped to fake Roman's death by pretending to be a couple with Eugene as part of the plan to deceive the mighty Stefano…

There was a whole different side of Marlena when she was with Roman just as John was with other women. I am sure others could fill you in on more of these tales. You probably wonder why Dee worked well with Jed Allan and Wayne 40 years ago, because she was a engaging actress and Marlena had an actual personality. Drake worked well with other actress all these years for the same reason. I am not telling you which version of Marlena you should choose and love, but I take it that you would have her best interests in mind as a fan.   

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 4

Haven't finished the episode yet, but couldn't help thinking it would have been better for Justin to get shot, so Alex the A-hole could spend time at his bedside regretting his crappy treatment of the man who raised him all these months.

Was it SN doing the voice of Victor today? He sounded a bit like Clyde or Steve doing an impression.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 6/8/2024 at 8:37 PM, Irlandesa said:

If you're a Comcast subscriber, you maybe should still have access to Peacock.  Last I checked, I still do.  They gave it back to subscribers.

The bundle for Comcast subscribers is going to be Peacock, HBO Max and AppleTV+ (all add-based versions I believe.)

Getting it free from Comcast depends on how long you've been a customer.  Just as they were starting to charge for Peacock last year, I learned it was being it as one of the "rewards" for long time customers.  (Not sure what the # of yrs. qualifies.)  I've been with Comast more than 25 yrs, so I'm able to watch at no cost.  If not for that, I would have dropped it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
2 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Just as they were starting to charge for Peacock last year, I learned it was being it as one of the "rewards" for long time customers.  (Not sure what the # of yrs. qualifies.)  I've been with Comast more than 25 yrs, so I'm able to watch at no cost.  If not for that, I would have dropped it. 

Comcast did something to reward customers instead of trying to attract new customers?  I. am. shocked.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, Sunrain said:

@SouthernChickI never mean to be provocative in my reply to you, please no need to take things personally, thank you. I don’t have a problem with Marlena at all. As I merely suggested on another thread the other day, it was rather the independent and sporty Marlena from the distant past that resonated with me as a character the most – the heroine with an actual personality and wasn’t some lethargic/ice-cold type we have been accustomed to for a long time.

I see you brought up Don Craig and the original Roman. Although I was unable to catch Marlena/Don Craig when they were a couple, I had watched the episodes when these two were friends.  You see, Don Craig and Marlena might have parted for good because she developed romantic feelings for Roman, but they remained close friends. Thankfully the brilliant writers didn’t turn him into the male Kristen and Jed Allan was such a charmer so their friendship worked beautifully. Most important of all, TPTBs paid particular attention to that friendship, hence why it did work. The original Roman/Marlena relationship took a real and organic development. They were polar opposite and forced to work together on a kidnapping case (or different case, my memory could be wrong). Feelings were gradually developed and evolved into something more as the two spend more time together… You’d be absolutely shocked by some of the fun stunts Marlena pulled after they finally became a couple. Despite being bad at sports, she’d matched Roman in baseball play, skiing and skating! Also, she was not some damsel in distress either who was constantly in danger and needed the love of her life to save her. For instance she helped to fake Roman's death by pretending to be a couple with Eugene as part of the plan to deceive the mighty Stefano…

There was a whole different side of Marlena when she was with Roman just as John was with other women. I am sure others could fill you in on more of these tales. You probably wonder why Dee worked well with Jed Allan and Wayne 40 years ago, because she was a engaging actress and Marlena had an actual personality. Drake worked well with other actress all these years for the same reason. I am not telling you which version of Marlena you should choose and love, but I take it that you would have her best interests in mind as a fan.   

I also prefer Marlena's non John Pairings(and John's Non Marlena pairings). However I can't agree about Don faring well on this show post Marlena his exit was he went to the post office to mail his tax returns and never came back. Which is really unfathomable for such an important character at the time.

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Comcast did something to reward customers instead of trying to attract new customers?  I. am. shocked.

It's the only reason I am watching Days because it came with my Comcast. I wouldn't go out of my way to subscribe to Peacock to watch this.

• Like 3
(edited)

I know I say this every time @DisneyBoy mentions how Theresa comes from money, so she shouldn't be shown as someone so desperate for cash, BUT it is my thought that her PARENTS have money, she doesn't. As an adult, she should be earning a living, not waiting for her parents to give her any for doing what? As long as the show keeps painting her as a greedy gold digger, it works for me. We have seen scenes with her brother Andrew acting as if she is irresponsible with cash, so her changing the will and trying to trick Alex into marrying her makes total sense to me. Especially since that whole plot is dumb and will be revealed soon (I hope!).

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 5:23 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Wow. I knew about the Deidre/Suzanne feud but I didn't know Deidre even refused to film with people close to Suzanne as well. That is crazy! I would love to know the real reason for this. That rumor posted above doesn't seem like enough for Deidre to be doing all that lol.

I thought they are paid to ACT, not bear personal grudges. Deidre Halls acting always seems stilted, so hard for me to tell. 

Edited by salvame
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t know where you are getting that Deidre won’t film with actors close to Suzanne. That’s a ridiculous rumor. 

Never said that. Just that they will never be in pop up therapy sessions with Marlena 

Sarah suddenly shows up now?

At least Maggie realize she's a fool and everyone warned her. She is gullible and stupid and Steve shot is on her, I need Kayla to tell her off not people like Bonnie to try and coddle her about respect and not her fault. 

Lol at Xanders not caring about Theresa being hostage.  Team Xander for that and shooting Konstantine. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I thought today's show was pretty good, overall.  Suzanne Rogers did a fine job and there was even a partial explanation for how gullible she was to fall in so easily with Konstantine.  Not an explanation for why she was so pigheaded for so long with pretty much everybody, but it's a start.

While I still wish (and will likely never stop wishing) that Show hadn't dispensed with Adrienne and left Bonnie onscreen, her character the last few days has been much less grating and added to the scenes she was in.  She's no Adrienne but she's getting closer.....

I loved the banter between John and Steve as John was trying to stop the bleeding but I devoutly hope that look John gave Steve at the end of the episode doesn't mean the Pawn is back.  Like big hair, bell bottom pants, porn staches and platform shoes, the Pawn should be OVER AND DOWN WITH.

I loved Xander's whole interaction with Kon once he got the gun, from his dismissal of Theresa as a concern to his gravelly voice, to that look of total contempt he had in his eyes for Konstantine.  I'm hopeful and happy that homicidal Xander is gone but I'm glad to see that he hasn't lost his edge.

Alex plays dumb really really well. REALLY well.   He should stick to what he knows.

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ok finished it.

LOVE Xander delivering the final blow. Makes total sense.

I'm as confused as Maggie regarding Kon. How much of what he said were lies? Did he ever feel attracted to Maggie?

I don't even get how Victor was his friend, loaned him money for the restaurant, then sent the Pawn to shoot Kon (why??) but ended up offing his daughter, only to finally offer money after being asked at the last possible moment...and then double cross him..?!

I know this is a soap, but I still can't map the trajectory of their relationship in a way that makes sense.

Judi was becoming Paulina today - super loving and sweet. Great to see.

Honestly a memorable episode. Kon hung around too long, but he's still been one of the show's better umbrella storylines.

Boy, did Gwenresa glue her wig down today or what?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

When Xander promised Maggie today he was going to make sure Konstantin never hurt her or Victoria again I knew he was going to end him. Fortunately Theresa gave him a way to do it that looks like he had no choice. I loved his face right after he shot him, complete throw back to early Xander. It is only right he was the one to avenge Victor. Theresa thinks she's home free now. Bet that smirk vanishes when Xander’s mum comes for the wedding.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Unfortunately, Theresa role in Konstantine's con wasn't exposed today, so I guess we have to wait for Xander's mother to arrive to do the job.   Does anyone think Alex is going to tell anyone that Konstantine said he's not Victor's son?   No, I don't either.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Theresa thinks she's home free now. Bet that smirk vanishes when Xander’s mum comes for the wedding.

Maybe Ron is smart enough to know there's a way to bury this awful character assassination and forget about it. I mean, just because Mommy Cook will spill the beans doesn't mean eveyone will automatically think Theresa tampered with the papers.

The small hope I'm clinging to is that Theresa leaves town with everyone blaming Kon for it all, allowing the character to hopefully recover somewhat from this shambles of an arc.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Judi was becoming Paulina today - super loving and sweet. Great to see.

Did you mean Adrienne?  Cause it's been quite a while since AW went off the air.

• Like 3
(edited)

Did you mean Adrienne?  Cause it's been quite a while since AW went off the air.

I could not stand Adrienne, so I'm going with Beth. Anyway, John Kapelos is a fine actor and it's great to see older people get work, but man I'm glad this story is over. At least his part. I can't believe it's been 14 months. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 7

I could not stand Adrienne, so I'm going with Beth. Anyway, John Kapelos is a fine actor and it's great to see older people get work, but man I'm glad this story is over. At least his part. I can't believe it's been 14 months. 

It's only been 9 months lol

• LOL 7

I loved Beth too :)

I know I watch this show through a Xander Lens but Brady and Alex (and Theresa) were really trying to get him charged with something today. Considering the pair of them stood there and watched Kon throttle Theresa and didn't move a muscle, they should be grateful Xander did something. Neither of them could have grabbed his discarded gun? Neither could have hauled an 80 year old man off the woman he was strangling? Was Xander supposed to lay down his gun and do it for them?

I knew yesterday that he shot Kon to avenge Victor and Theresa was just an excuse to get away with it. That last shot of him toasting Victor, who would totally approve of his actions, was epic, and proves who the real heir to his legacy is.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

Soooo...did they just write Bobby/Everett off the show? It sounded like it. He's suddenly off in Bayview or some other mental institution? It was a quick line, but that's what it sounded like...

I've been skipping most of his scenes, so for those who watched, did they show him voluntarily committing himself?

BenAlex continues to royally suck. He just stood there posing and sneering with his hands in his pockets as Gwenresa clung to him, post-strangling. In the livingroom too, he's too busy telling Brady to split to really be a comfort to her. If someone you all love has nearly died, isn't it customary for people to put their differences aside and grant each other time with the person in question. Why should Brady have to leave the room?

BenAlex is a creep.

I *loved* Xander just killing the bastard and I also loved everyone trying to stick it to him by pointing out he didn't care one whit about Theresa's safety. All of that checked out, LOL :)

I'd completely forgotten (or never knew!) that Xander was aiming for Eric when he shot Marlena, supposedly by accident. Is that how it went down? For real?

Xander worked with Kristen a bit off and on over the years so I just assumed she had ordered him to off Marlena or something.

I'm liking Kayla and Steve finally addressing the "you can't be a hero anymore old man" stuff that we've been chatting about online for years. Hopefully, Kayla gets through to her hubby.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Soooo...did they just write Bobby/Everett off the show? It sounded like it. He's suddenly off in Bayview or some other mental institution? It was a quick line, but that's what it sounded like...

I've been skipping most of his scenes, so for those who watched, did they show him voluntarily committing himself?

BenAlex continues to royally suck. He just stood there posing and sneering with his hands in his pockets as Gwenresa clung to him, post-strangling. In the livingroom too, he's too busy telling Brady to split to really be a comfort to her. If someone you all love has nearly died, isn't it customary for people to put their differences aside and grant each other time with the person in question. Why should Brady have to leave the room?

BenAlex is a creep.

I *loved* Xander just killing the bastard and I also loved everyone trying to stick it to him by pointing out he didn't care one whit about Theresa's safety. All of that checked out, LOL :)

I'd completely forgotten (or never knew!) that Xander was aiming for Eric when he shot Marlena, supposedly by accident. Is that how it went down? For real?

Xander worked with Kristen a bit off and on over the years so I just assumed she had ordered him to off Marlena or something.

I'm liking Kayla and Steve finally addressing the "you can't be a hero anymore old man" stuff that we've been chatting about online for years. Hopefully, Kayla gets through to her hubby.

Bobby is still on the show. Marlena sent his two women to have an 'intervention' on May 31st. She said she shouldn't be there then showed up anyway. Bobby emerged and I guess Marlena sectioned him. He said something about protecting Everett.

BenAlex is a pontificating asshole. Kon told him to his face that Victor wasn't his father and he chose to hear 'he wasn't a dad to me'. I can not WAIT until he is Xander's gardener.

The two morons telling Xander they had the situation 'under control'. Like, so you were going to give Konstantin both guns and let him leave with Theresa. He probably would have shot them both on his way out. I will assume Xander saved all three of their asses. And neither of these muscle bound knuckle heads could bend down and remove a struggling octogenarian who had been disarmed off the woman they supposedly love? They just were going to watch and see if he could throttle her to death? And then they tell Jada that Xander 'murdered' Kon. I hope they are both off his wedding guest list.

Marlena was shot at her wedding. Xander wasn't on the show at the time. Later they retconned that he had shot at Eric and Marlena moved into the line of fire at the last minute. He was married to Nicole at the time and was sick of her prattling on about Eric so decided to eliminate him. Kristen was already obsessed with Brady and had moved on from hating Marlena.

Kayla is the MVP. I adore her. Always have. Steve can joke all he wants but he is over 70 now and needs to stop acting like he is a superhero. Even in his 30s he got himself 'killed' for trying to act outside the law.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

The two morons telling Xander they had the situation 'under control'. Like, so you were going to give Konstantin both guns and let him leave with Theresa. He probably would have shot them both on his way out. I will assume Xander saved all three of their asses. And neither of these muscle bound knuckle heads could bend down and remove a struggling octogenarian who had been disarmed off the woman they supposedly love? They just were going to watch and see if he could throttle her to death? And then they tell Jada that Xander 'murdered' Kon. I hope they are both off his wedding guest list.

As I was watching this scene, I was yelling, "Just wait until they find out Xander is the heir."  I sure hope Xander rubs their faces in it, over and over.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2