Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why did Sarah pretend Xander was the baby daddy of Eric's baby again? I can't remember.

Sarah needs to pick her tragic hair cut or her tragic eyebrow grooming technique. I can't handle both!

I'll miss Xander/Chloe. They were such a breath of fresh air.

Because some crap about he loved Nicole and she was being noble

I'll miss them too. They really sold loving each other even though it was so fast

21 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Which brother? How is being mean to Xander honoring anyone?

Titus. Mom's letter said they both loved him so to let him believe Xander was his (I'm not pretending it was Angelica writing about Alex) The mean is just Victor being himself trying to make him tougher or maybe angry at them both for denying him his son. Who knows. I assume he left a letter for Xander that Theresa swiped

• Like 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why did Sarah pretend Xander was the baby daddy of Eric's baby again? I can't remember.

Sarah needs to pick her tragic hair cut or her tragic eyebrow grooming technique. I can't handle both!

I'll miss Xander/Chloe. They were such a breath of fresh air.

Sarah didn't want Eric to be with her out of obligation(which is totally something Eric would do) so Xander was willing to take one for the team so to speak. If anything I am bothered that Eric didn't get to be mad at Sarah because he had a right to be and I don't care for Eric much.

If Chloe stayed they would use the same script with them as well because this show isn't imaginative at all.  They can only make up and break up couples yet outside of the OG couples there's nothing about the current batch of couples that makes me think hey they are built to last because they are written as caricatures rather than actual people.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

The ending with Benalex standing by Victor's portrait was pathetic. If there were a meaningful flashback showing an interaction between them that was where to put it but there is nothing to show. I think they did have scenes together but nothing of consequence. Think of what they will have to mine when the truth comes out

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

So based on this will, Brady and Justin get nothing? Nothing to grandchildren or great grandchildren? Ciara had a trust fund from Victor didn't she.

Public pub wedding in regular clothes with no real guests and none of Sarah's family. While strangers eat lunch and Sarah still said I Do? I'm quite surprised they actually went through with it. 

Justin and Alex was good.  Especially his realizing that he had hope because he was Justin's son. 

The first decent thing Sarah has done was not lying to Xanders face when he showed up at the Pub.  Good for Xander for pointing out Chloe has descency not to lie. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

So based on this will, Brady and Justin get nothing? Nothing to grandchildren or great grandchildren? Ciara had a trust fund from Victor didn't she.

He provided for Bo and Phillip separately. Brady is inheriting there entire Toscano fortune when John dies. So 50% to Maggie and the other half to a son he felt he let down. Not likely it's Alex is it?

• Like 3
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

there's nothing about the current batch of couples that makes me think hey they are built to last because they are written as caricatures rather than actual people.

Sadly this is very true. I like Sarah/Xander in spite of the dumb obstacles that are thrown between them, but I would never put them up there on the level of the show's great love stories.

Ericole could have been great but...well their pairing continues to wither thanks to the writing. Still love them though.

And other than them? Ugh. It's pretty desolate.

Paulina/Abe, Ben/Ciara and Gwen/anybody are all terrible, which I think we can all agree on, right?

Justin married a lookalike of his dead wife. Nuff said.

Kate/Roman give me nothing. Eli/Lani killed all the potential Eli had and she's a mess.

EJ/Nicole had something this go around but really, they should stay apart because he's a nasty piece of work and will always rip her to shreds when they break up.

ALL of Tripp's relationships have been laughable mismatches.

Johnny and Chanel have a tiny spark but the history there is weird because of Allie.

Belle and Shawn keep imploding.

They've burned through several great Gabi pairings and stuck her with Stefan. Lame.

Chloe and Xander are pretty together but...that's it.

...sad. I honestly can't think of an "I want to watch it again!" love story from the last decade.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Public pub wedding in regular clothes with no real guests and none of Sarah's family. While strangers eat lunch and Sarah still said I Do? I'm quite surprised they actually went through with it. 

I really wished they'd played up the humor of it more. Had waiters rushing by with plates. Patrons interrupting. What a bizarrely lame wedding. Makes Eric and Nicole's nuptials look grand by comparison.

Justin and Alex was good.  Especially his realizing that he had hope because he was Justin's son. 

It was the most pointless drama of the year. These are two grown men processing this, right? Justin is still Alex's Dad, regardless of this news. Victor is dead so no adjusting of that relationship is even about to occur. And Alex already knew and loved Victor so...why the tears about how Justin's sperm (ew) maybe innately made him a better person or whatever?

They're whipping out the tears for no reason. Is this surprising news? Sure. But why crying? I didn't buy it.

Alex has barely been on this show or seen with Justin in the last 30 years. How are we to care about Justin feeling affected by this? It changes nothing.

BenAlex probably gets more upset when the gym is closed for the day.

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The ending with Benalex standing by Victor's portrait was pathetic. If there were a meaningful flashback showing an interaction between them that was where to put it but there is nothing to show. I think they did have scenes together but nothing of consequence.

Exactly. And true of most of RSW's work since he joined the series, too.

1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

Nadia Bjorlin was the MVP today. I totally bought Chloe’s grief over losing Xander. Those Xander and Chloe scenes were gold.

Ehhhhh. Yes, she performed well with the tears. But seriously the dialogue was flat and pedestrian and she did little to bring it to life. But yes, she looked very genuinely sad.

The thing I liked most was seeing Paul push himself. He's struggled with crying scenes in the past. Here, you could tell Xander was experiencing a series of unpleasant emotions. Paul's face registered all of that well, so it was nice to know he was connecting. Progress! That was nice to see.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

The first decent thing Sarah has done was not lying to Xanders face when he showed up at the Pub.  Good for Xander for pointing out Chloe has descency not to lie. 

Some pretty good scenes lately. Justin& Alex was old time soap goodness. Touching. Fantastic work by Nadia also ..

Are these the scabs writing this? If so, I hate to say it but they are doing a better job!

Edited by chediavolo
  • Like 6
7 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Nadia Bjorlin was the MVP today. I totally bought Chloe’s grief over losing Xander. Those Xander and Chloe scenes were gold. I still don’t understand why they can’t be a couple while he co-parents with Sarah.0

She was so good. I've always loved her and I so prefer her to Sarah for Xander. The honesty and communication in their relationship has been so different for this show 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

These Wendy and Tripp scenes are really slowing down the narrative

I hate that I am enjoying Harris. I feel dirty 

Edit: E in crumbs; Edmund Crumb. What a fun easter egg for us long timers!

Also edit: God Sarah is really full of herself. And Rex still doubling down on Xander having no access. He doesn't need full custody ffs but he has a right to know his child. I hope he hires Sloan as his lawyer. Eric might actually sympathize lol

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 9

Honestly some of the scriptwriters are pretty good. Not all but some. You notice it immediately as dialogue is less trite and cliche.

I just think the overall issue is the vibe of the show: the OTT stuff, the emphasis on lame jokes and pet characters. And the pacing.

But that's not in the hands of the scriptwriters. I wonder how collaborative Ron is.

• Like 6

I really liked seeing the intense scenes today between Xander & Sarah...a  lot of hurtful things were said, but all were true.  I agree with Disneyboy that Paul Telfer is really expanding his range of acting...I am interested in his storyline.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I really liked seeing the intense scenes today between Xander & Sarah...a  lot of hurtful things were said, but all were true.  I agree with Disneyboy that Paul Telfer is really expanding his range of acting...I am interested in his storyline.

I just wish Rex had not been introduced in the last scenes. He was not needed at all and just pissed me off. 

I agree it was great to see them both lay it all out on the line. And Sarah was good with all the litany of crimes she listed up to the Susan one, so she is a hypocrite.

Xander is correct that Susan's death is not on him. Susan was free and clear and chose to seek out Ava after he let her go, the fact he has guilt shows good character growth for him. I agree Paul has been killing it these last few episodes. Really raw emotion from him. Nadia and Lindsey were both really good too. Then Rex blunders in and there is a blank slate. I've decided he is worse than Harris.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I borderline hate Sarah and mostly like Xander but for some reason I was on her side today. But I do agree that PT has really stepped up his acting game in these emotional scenes.

I ended up watching the Ava/Harris scenes today and they actually have a fun vibe. Dammit!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Xander should have done what he originally said and take his child.  Sarah's high horse that she's perfect and gets to play god is no better than Xander doing it. 

Sarah gets to throw every name in Xanders face yet forgets all those people forgave him especially Chloe. 

Carly and Jason just leave their passports in the room on the desk? Kinda important to walk around with when you're on the run isn't it? 

Both Wendy and Tripp can commit crimes and it's ok by Rafe.  Then Tripp gives him attitude? Rafe should have locked both up. 

Chloe and Philip already! Wth. Way too fast. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Xander should have done what he originally said and take his child.  Sarah's high horse that she's perfect and gets to play god is no better than Xander doing it. 

Sarah gets to throw every name in Xanders face yet forgets all those people forgave him especially Chloe. 

Carly and Jason just leave their passports in the room on the desk? Kinda important to walk around with when you're on the run isn't it? 

Both Wendy and Tripp can commit crimes and it's ok by Rafe.  Then Tripp gives him attitude? Rafe should have locked both up. 

Given what Justin is going through, and how reluctant he was to keep the secret, he may end up being Xander's lawyer, although I really want it to be Sloan ;)

Chloe was the best relationship Xander has ever had. Communication, fun, no angst. He is back on the Xarah pain train now :(

I was distracted by cops in ENGLAND toting guns. We do not have that over the pond. The police carry clubs and only pack weapons in extreme security situations.

No words about Phloe. God no. Especially with this Phillip

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

No words about Phloe. God no. Especially with this Phillip

I was getting whiplash from Chloe today.  First she decides she's going to MARRY someone, then decides against it (can't fault her for that decision), is crying on the phone with her mother over her decision to not get married, and LITERALLY 5 minutes later, she's declaring her love for someone else.  Really awful writing.

Did like the scenes with Xander and Sarah.

I REALLY want to play poker with Tripp - he'd believe your bluff even if you told him flat out you were bluffing.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Wow Paulina have not missed you at all. Can she really fire somebody because she doesn't like them and they were 'mean' to her daughter? I hope Melinda hires Sloan to lodge a wrongful dismissal lawsuit

Edmund cracked me up. Susan doesn't seem to worried about being chained up. So glad to see her again

Nicole being cool with EJ ordering actual murders shows again why she is so completely wrong for Eric

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 9/27/2023 at 5:43 AM, brisbydog said:

She was so good. I've always loved her and I so prefer her to Sarah for Xander. The honesty and communication in their relationship has been so different for this show 

I always think Nadia Bjorlin is underrated and Xander/Chloe (and Gwen/Xander to a certain extent) is refreshing in comparison to the melodramatic Xander/Sarah. Even Paul Telfer had pointed out a while ago that his character and Sarah didn't fit. The writers obviously didn't listen. 

I also agree with those who think PT steps up in acting game. NB and EOB are capable scene-partners and he seemingly benefits working with them more so than LG.

Xander/Sarah is a lost cause. I for one would not want to see this tiresome couple getting back together for the Nth time. How many times can you say "Nah, been there done that"?

Edited by spookyseason
  • Like 7
18 minutes ago, spookyseason said:

I always think Nadia Bjorlin is underrated and Xander/Chloe (and Gwen/Xander to a certain extent) is refreshing in comparison to the melodramatic and tiresome Xander/Sarah. Even Paul Telfer had pointed out a while ago that his character and Sarah didn't fit. The writers obviously didn't listen. 

I also agree with those who think PT steps up in acting game. NB and EOB are capable scene-partners and he seemingly benefits working with them more so than LG.

Xander/Sarah is a lost cause. I for one would not want to see this tiresome couple getting back together for the Nth time. How many times can you say "Nah, been there done that"?

I have loved Nadia since the Ghoul Girl days, so I was delighted when she was paired with my favourite Xander. The past 6 months of them just being happy together was such a revelation for both their characters. I loved how Chloe didn't judge him on his past and how they really TALKED and communicated with each other. 

Xander/Sarah for me is like Nicole/Eric. They are just too different. She will always judge him on what he was and not what he is. Look at yesterday, she literally listed every crime he has ever done as reasons for her selfish decision about the baby, and 99% of them were before she married him. I do think Susan being alive is going to be a game changer there. I just don't know if they will ever work, unless her being knocked off her pedestal for him will even the odds a bit in their dynamic. I do think he is mostly over her and loves Chloe, so it might be Sarah chasing him for a bit now, as she has already confirmed to Rex that she is still in love with Xander

If I were writing the show I'd give them a plot that gives them something to do that is unrelated to their tedious romance. Like his mother in Scotland has finally drunk herself to death's door and Xander asks Sarah to let her see the baby. Hopefully as Mum croaks she mentions that Victor contacted her in August and told her he was going to tell Xander the truth about his paternity so she is glad he knows. Bonus if she has a letter from Victor telling her this and apologizing for treating Xander like dirt for most of his life. 

• Like 9
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I was getting whiplash from Chloe today.  First she decides she's going to MARRY someone, then decides against it (can't fault her for that decision), is crying on the phone with her mother over her decision to not get married, and LITERALLY 5 minutes later, she's declaring her love for someone else.  Really awful writing.

Did like the scenes with Xander and Sarah.

I REALLY want to play poker with Tripp - he'd believe your bluff even if you told him flat out you were bluffing.

Ha!

Yes, that Chloe arc was pretty crazy. In one episode she's back to loving Philip? Talk about rushing an exit storyline! Yeesh.

So I had a serious issue with yesterday's episode. It focused on three couples I care nothing about, but somehow the performances were actually pretty compelling!

Ava/TB came alive being playful with Harris. Their past professional history is obviously paying off because I found myself actually (gulp) liking her. I've never liked her. But I absolutely don't want to root for this couple. Ava is awful. But somehow, her and Harris are okay?

Then there's Wendy, who - for the first time since she was introduced - seems to have recovered something resembling a personality. They really need to keep characters working at their jobs on this show because her "computer hacker" mode brings out something relatable in Wendy. She had some slight edge for once and wasn't just "soft spoken girlfriend" the way she's been for months.

Tripp meanwhile seemed like an AI Hologram boyfriend program. Pleasant but vacant as hell. This actor needs something he can connect to, and in spite of what the script tells us, this love story ain't it.

Then there's Rafe and Jada. I kinda liked them too! *head spins* Jada is doing most of the heavy lifting, but I started to believe them a bit as a couple. Now can they please marry and move away?

The real meat and potatoes was the Sarah/Xander confrontation and hoo boy was it overdue for someone to list his crimes. It's an ugly and interesting list. But as others have said, if Sarah was willing to fall for him after he shot Marlena and Brady, how does the Susan kidnapping become the final straw?

The writers screwed up by never having Sarah address his shooting of Marlena and Brady during their courtship. And now they want to play the "this really upsets Sarah!!" card? Nuh uh. That makes no sense.

They shouldn't have been pushed into marriage with each other until those major issues had been addressed in some capacity. It's so strange for Sarah to suddenly care deeply about all these issues she never mentioned previously.

It's a bit like Lucas falling back into alcoholism months and months after Will was murdered. It should have happened immediately after, but they wanted to kill the gays at the time and just move on quickly (ugh). It wasn't until later - and Ron, to his credit - that suddenly Lucas was brokenhearted and a total mess and Will's death mattered (because Chandler was coming back).

So, yes, I like that Sarah is disturbed by Xander's history...but this is isn't making much sense at this point. So...if he hadn't kidnapped Susan, everything would be A-Okay? Even if he never expressed any remorse for the shootings and diamond smuggling?

When Xander shot back about "perfect Miss Sarah Horton" I couldn't help but wonder if that was the scriptwriter venting a bit. If you take Xander out of her orbit, Sarah is pretty bland. They never gave her a personality or flaws.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eric Brady: "A child doesn't need to share my DNA to feel like my own child."

Holly Jonas: 👀

He never even acknowledges her when he says he always wanted to be a parent (or actually ever, really).  Um, hello, wasn't this the child who asked if she could call you "Dad"?  If that isn't being a parent I don't know what is.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Did Edmund really have to be holding Susan hostage? Couldn't they have just had Susan hiding out with her ex-husband while she figured out her next move? Does this show have to keep retroactively ruining past storylines I loved? 

It's Ron. He is an equal-opportunity shitter-on'er. Sucks, but nothing new.

• Applause 2
59 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

He never even acknowledges her when he says he always wanted to be a parent (or actually ever, really).  Um, hello, wasn't this the child who asked if she could call you "Dad"?  If that isn't being a parent I don't know what is.

I feel like it can't be a coincidence that the writers have been hammering this point home in recent weeks, what with Eric saying all this BS that we, the audience, clearly know is BS.

He WAS an adopted father and I'm starting to think it's deliberate that they're making him sound like a hypocrite.

(And yup, that moment with young Holly was so touching and beautiful. I still hate what was done to their family unit.)

57 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Did Edmund really have to be holding Susan hostage? Couldn't they have just had Susan hiding out with her ex-husband while she figured out her next move? Does this show have to keep retroactively ruining past storylines I loved? 

Was she really shackled? I must have missed that. I thought she just wandered out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in her mouth...

The actor playing Edmund sounded a bit rusty. Too stiff for such a goofy guy.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Me too. But on the other hand she didn't look overly traumatized. I think Edmund still loves her and is trying to keep her safe.

Let's hope. Susan is just about kooky enough that I can see her tolerating something like that. LOL

Anway, Sonny...Alex can't acknowledge Adrienne as his mother, because then that means he's trying to bang his first cousin.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think Edmund still loves her and is trying to keep her safe.

God I hope that's true.

SH and EOB looked like they were genuinely cracking up when Dimitri walked in. Glad they're having fun.

Kate/LK, I love your hair. (Her husband's doing, right?)

Yay for Sonny calling Benalex "self indulgent and pathetic". True and true!

But him slapping Sonny's face?  😡  Oh hell no. Get your paws off Sonny. That's not playful. That's not okay. Shitty acting choice RSW (what a shock).

Ahhhh Louise. Can you please stay forever? We love you. This show needs you. Just swan in and make remarks or sip drinks and wear cool clothes. You're the best. (Seriously, how beautiful did she look today in that maroon dress?)

Was anyone else annoyed by how low that painting was hung? It was over the molding!

As little as I enjoy Gwen, watching her slowly go insane catching Leo and Dimitri together might have been fun. Her kissing him in front of Leo and him hating it, after she caught them hugging and hated it - fun!

....okay - that ending. Whaaaa!?!?! So many guns, so little time.

Viv suddenly remembers she loves Stefan again, enough to kill for him?

I don't want Dimitri dead. Even with this lame love story with Leo, he was a good actor with longterm potential.

30 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Alex can't acknowledge Adrienne as his mother, because then that means he's trying to bang his first cousin.

Oh woooooow. See, I remember you guys referencing that months ago but it didn't register with me as to why. *barfs*

Was anyone else underwhelmed by the wrap-up to Vivian's takeover story? Maggie gets it probated (sp?) without ever going to court, gets a Sheriff to help her (also off-camera) and Viv gets pushed out in 2 seconds. Huh?

The pacing is so annoying. All this build-up to Vivian taking over the house and Titan and then she's evicted in the span of 3.5 minutes of screentime.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Sonny with his tough love was a little much, it's only been hours since Alex found out his life is a lie.  He's allowed to wallow for a little bit.  He should not have to get over it in 12 hours.  

Gabi really thinks she can get Li shares? 

Kristen is going to kill her nephew?

Victor knew Alex was his son and still let Maggie fire him? Then gave him 50 percent. 

Dimitri calling out the drifters was spot on.  

• Applause 2

I hope this is the right place for this. Found it on Facebook compiled by the excellent and very thorough Pinky Swear Wilson fans. This is precisely how I remember things going down and I know it's Days but Victor being the father of Alex is impossible if this narrative is adhered to:

With the revelation that Victor is Alex's father, I did a deep dive to see if the revisionist history would make sense - and it really doesn't.  They're stretching a lot to make this happen.  Alexander was born on Feb 24th, 1989, making his conception the first week of June in 1988.   Victor was shot on 4/29/88 and didn't get home from the hospital (walking with a cane) until 6/8/88.   Anjelica had a positive pregnancy test on 6/14/88.   Justin and Anjelica had sex on 6/1/88, which lines up perfectly with the due date - but at time when Victor was still lying in a hospital bed.   Anjelica was also actively pursuing Justin during this time, and her husband Harper wasn't yet known to be sterile so she was also trying to conceive with him.  

You can watch for yourself on the 1988 Playlist: https://vk.com/video/playlist/498456380_29?section=playlist_29

Here are some dates of interest: 
 4/12/88 - Victor and Serena made love the night before - you proved your stamina
4/14/88 - Anjelica talks to Melissa about her misplaced love for Jack (showing no interest or connection to Victor).
4/15/88 - Anjelica looks at babies “wistfully” - I'm too old to have a child
4-18-88 - Victor shopping for Greek icons (with Serena's story line)
4-21-88 - Anjelica gets Justin a job as a stable boy - Justin and Adrienne roll in the hay
4-25-88 - Roman questions Victor about his meeting in the middle of the lake (about the icon)
4-26-88 - Victor meets with Justin in the park - they're getting threats
4-28-88 - Anjelica tells Harper she wants a baby before it's too late
**4-29-88 - Victor gets shot at the gala, stands in front of Justin **(Baby would be due Jan 20th if conceived here)
5-2-88 - Victor in a coma
5-3-88 Anjelica looks into having a baby
5-4-88 - Victor wakes up - but still doesn't speak
5-10-88 Harper finds a pregnancy test - what is this doing here?  Victor is still in the hospital.
5-16-88 Anjelica asks Harper where he’s been spending his nights
5-19-88 Harper can’t get it up - oops
5/26/88 - Victor has a business meeting in the hospital - your nephew is a traitor 
5-27-88 - Harper, Anjelica, and Jack celebrate shutting down the community center. (Still with her husband)
5-31-88 - Drunk Justin and Anjelica have sex (she hasn't been held in a long time, and Justin thinks Adrienne wants Emilio). 
6-1-88 Anjelica has sex with Justin- and tells Harper she wants a baby (Baby conceived 6-1 would be due Feb 21 - baby was born Feb 24th)
6-6-88 Anjelica talks babies with Jack - Adrienne asks for Victor’s help with Justin (Victor still in hospital bed)
6-8-88 Victor gets home from the hospital - walks with a cane.  
6-9-88 Anjelica faints
6-14-88 Anjelica pregnant - needs to seduce Harper / also Jack’s birthday
6-29-88 Anjelica and Harper fight - he can’t have children
7-7-88 Justin and Victor watch Anjelica admit to an affair on TV trying to separate from Harper. 
7-12-88 Press conference - Harper is not the father - Justin and Victor listen in shock
**8-2-88 Victor tells Anjelica he knows the baby is Justin’s and offers to marry her**
9-29-88 Victor threatens Anjelica about her baby
10-28-88 - Neil announces he’s getting married to Anjelica - Victor continues his baby threats
11-14-88 Romantic dinner - Victor wants Anjelica’s baby
1-3-89 - Victor says he will get her baby
1-23-89 Anjelica wants to tell Justin the truth - she can work it out with the father
2-6-89 Victor trying to prove Justin is the father
2-14-89 Anjelica talks about the baby’s father
2-15-89 Anjelica talks to Justin about telling the father
2-23-89 Anjelica tries to tell Justin
2-24-89 goes into labor - Alexander born February 24, 1989

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I hope this is the right place for this. Found it on Facebook compiled by the excellent and very thorough Pinky Swear Wilson fans. This is precisely how I remember things going down and I know it's Days but Victor being the father of Alex is impossible if this narrative is adhered to:

With the revelation that Victor is Alex's father, I did a deep dive to see if the revisionist history would make sense - and it really doesn't.  They're stretching a lot to make this happen.  Alexander was born on Feb 24th, 1989, making his conception the first week of June in 1988.   Victor was shot on 4/29/88 and didn't get home from the hospital (walking with a cane) until 6/8/88.   Anjelica had a positive pregnancy test on 6/14/88.   Justin and Anjelica had sex on 6/1/88, which lines up perfectly with the due date - but at time when Victor was still lying in a hospital bed.   Anjelica was also actively pursuing Justin during this time, and her husband Harper wasn't yet known to be sterile so she was also trying to conceive with him.  

You can watch for yourself on the 1988 Playlist: https://vk.com/video/playlist/498456380_29?section=playlist_29

Here are some dates of interest: 
 4/12/88 - Victor and Serena made love the night before - you proved your stamina
4/14/88 - Anjelica talks to Melissa about her misplaced love for Jack (showing no interest or connection to Victor).
4/15/88 - Anjelica looks at babies “wistfully” - I'm too old to have a child
4-18-88 - Victor shopping for Greek icons (with Serena's story line)
4-21-88 - Anjelica gets Justin a job as a stable boy - Justin and Adrienne roll in the hay
4-25-88 - Roman questions Victor about his meeting in the middle of the lake (about the icon)
4-26-88 - Victor meets with Justin in the park - they're getting threats
4-28-88 - Anjelica tells Harper she wants a baby before it's too late
**4-29-88 - Victor gets shot at the gala, stands in front of Justin **(Baby would be due Jan 20th if conceived here)
5-2-88 - Victor in a coma
5-3-88 Anjelica looks into having a baby
5-4-88 - Victor wakes up - but still doesn't speak
5-10-88 Harper finds a pregnancy test - what is this doing here?  Victor is still in the hospital.
5-16-88 Anjelica asks Harper where he’s been spending his nights
5-19-88 Harper can’t get it up - oops
5/26/88 - Victor has a business meeting in the hospital - your nephew is a traitor 
5-27-88 - Harper, Anjelica, and Jack celebrate shutting down the community center. (Still with her husband)
5-31-88 - Drunk Justin and Anjelica have sex (she hasn't been held in a long time, and Justin thinks Adrienne wants Emilio). 
6-1-88 Anjelica has sex with Justin- and tells Harper she wants a baby (Baby conceived 6-1 would be due Feb 21 - baby was born Feb 24th)
6-6-88 Anjelica talks babies with Jack - Adrienne asks for Victor’s help with Justin (Victor still in hospital bed)
6-8-88 Victor gets home from the hospital - walks with a cane.  
6-9-88 Anjelica faints
6-14-88 Anjelica pregnant - needs to seduce Harper / also Jack’s birthday
6-29-88 Anjelica and Harper fight - he can’t have children
7-7-88 Justin and Victor watch Anjelica admit to an affair on TV trying to separate from Harper. 
7-12-88 Press conference - Harper is not the father - Justin and Victor listen in shock
**8-2-88 Victor tells Anjelica he knows the baby is Justin’s and offers to marry her**
9-29-88 Victor threatens Anjelica about her baby
10-28-88 - Neil announces he’s getting married to Anjelica - Victor continues his baby threats
11-14-88 Romantic dinner - Victor wants Anjelica’s baby
1-3-89 - Victor says he will get her baby
1-23-89 Anjelica wants to tell Justin the truth - she can work it out with the father
2-6-89 Victor trying to prove Justin is the father
2-14-89 Anjelica talks about the baby’s father
2-15-89 Anjelica talks to Justin about telling the father
2-23-89 Anjelica tries to tell Justin
2-24-89 goes into labor - Alexander born February 24, 1989

All well and good. But since when does Ron care about logic and facts?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Never. But I hope he cares about presenting a story that makes for a good plot. Alex as Vic junior isn't it. There is no story as they had no history 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Or like, any soap writer lol. Retcons have been a thing forever.

I do think there's been foreshadowing that this stuff with Alex isn't entirely true though. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a full retcon.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Or like, any soap writer lol. Retcons have been a thing forever.

I do think there's been foreshadowing that this stuff with Alex isn't entirely true though. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a full retcon.

Lord I hope not. What's the story there? Alex was brought up by two loving parents in luxury. Finds out his bio dad is someone else and gets more luxury. His old dad is still is dad. End of story. Victor never cared much about him once Justin was acknowledged as his father and Angelica was out of the picture. I can't think of any moments they shared on screen last year

Victor on the other hand had a complex relationship with Xander. He told Sarah on screen that he had known him his entire life. It is important that the formal typed will does not name the heir by name, just basically says read this attached hand written letter (as if).

His mother was Scottish and Titus walked away from the Kiriakis family to be with her in Scotland. Xander told Mackenzie that his dad taught him to fight, and Maggie that he died when he was a kid and his mother coped with her grief by drinking her way through his teens.

Victor brought him on vacation a few times when he was young and Brady remembered him vaguely. Xander told him he looked up to him and Daniel as the big brothers he never had. Then he had the manslaughter charge that Victor had downgraded to assault. I think that is his only conviction apart from the false rape one from Theresa, and may be a juvenile locked one.  Ironic as Rex called him a convicted felon and his only charge on record may be the one crime he didn't commit. 

He told Maggie that his mother cut him off that first time he went to jail and he has not heard from her since. I bet Victor paid her off to go away. I think his twisted plan was to see if his secret son could drag himself up from a life of poverty and crime and succeed on his own, and make it as hard as possible by punishing him for existing and not being able to acknowledge him. Xander stated this week he doesn't want a penny of Victor's money, which means it's coming for him. Although Alex will have probably squandered it on crappy suits and body spray by the time the truth is out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can't figure how Daniel was around when Brady was a kid, though...

Daniel was like ringworm.  Hard to get rid of and it comes back far far FAR too often.

• LOL 6

Smart kid!

There was nothing especially bad about today's show, but man oh man is the overall vibe weak.

Who cares about Thalia? Even Shawn seems barely interested in his own storyline.

Nice that Marlena had something to say about it. Her showing signs of life is always a special occasion.

I suppose Kristen and Gwen will get sent to prison for attempted murder or something but really? Isn't it a simple question of dragging the three witnesses into the police station, putting them under a special light and seeing who has gunshot residue on their clothes?

Stefan forcing a dying man to sign his shares is probably the most Stefan thing he's done since Christopher left the role.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Talia we're supposed to believe is a smart doctor with how she speaks. "I was wasted."

What kind of shot was that? Dimitri wasn't bleeding and then they say he lost a lot of blood? 

Gabi getting anything is eye rolling, she and Stefan needs that stock taken away.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Yeah I feeling that Kristen is going to end up framed for Dimitri shooting.I wonder if Dimitri is going to end up paralyzed or something.

12 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Talia we're supposed to believe is a smart doctor with how she speaks. "I was wasted."

What kind of shot was that? Dimitri wasn't bleeding and then they say he lost a lot of blood? 

Gabi getting anything is eye rolling, she and Stefan needs that stock taken away.  

I don't know why Gabi and Stefan are still underestimating Dimitri he's not one to give up.

• Like 5

I can barely remember how much I liked Brandon Barash back in ye olden days, whether he was playing Stefan or Jake.  Now, I can't tolerate watching him onscreen.  Only Gabi makes me cringe more and I liked her once upon a time, too.  Too bad that bullet didn't ricochet and take out everyone except Viv.  And Dimitri.  IF and only if Show can free Dimitri from Leo, he might become an interesting character.

Sorry, Talia.  Everytime she opens her mouth, all I hear is either somebody who just sucked on a helium balloon or the person who sang the Woody Woodpecker song.  

If anyone is worried about what having AI on our television screens might be like, they need look no further than watching RoboMar try to pretend to be human.  The measured blinking, the dry titter, that faint sound of her internal tape deck rewinding when she stands up, that's Doc.

John gets Dick Van Dyke as his father, Marlena would end up the daughter of Tommy the Toaster and some Roomba with no morals.

There literally is no there, there, with her anymore.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9