Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wow....that is putrid. No wonder you all hate her. Nothing about her arc makes sense.

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yep. Chelsea was texting and ran over little Zack. Which, naturally, led to conflict for Bo/Hope since Bo tried to - if I recall - hide the truth from Hope [once it was discovered what happened, etc.!].

Still angers me to this day. See? If Chelsea had REMAINED DEAD [and she WAS!], this would have never happened! 😑

Even worse, Hope forgiving Chelsea was the "Christmas Miracle" that year. I still remember Hope giving Chelsea a Horton ornament to signify Hope's forgiveness and Chelsea's official introduction to the Horton/Brady family. I was pissed.

So Dick Van Dyke is John's father. That would have been impactful 20 years ago. Today, I won't get too emotionally attached. I strongly suspect in another 10 years we'll discover Parker and Rachel are John's parents.

I despise Sarah. I genuinely wanted Chloe to slap her several times during this delivery.

Maggie has consistently produced some of the most annoying spawns in Days' history: Sarah, Melanie, Daniel, and Summer. I don't have high hopes for this new Simmons child.

I'm assuming Vivian had something to do with the will disappearing. It's so wonderful seeing LS's Vivian again. She really does bring energy to the show, and everyone seems more energized in her presence.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I honestly think they made a mistake of keeping Alex and Sarah on the show. It's a waste of money and time to invest in these two whom has little use or depth and saddle them with others and storyline so both could stay relevant. RSW and LG bring nothing to the table. Instead, TPTBs could take a page out of General Hospital's book and save some bucks to bring back well-connected veterns like Pasty. 

It's not like soaps haven't done this before. Thorsten Kaye, the current Ridge from Bold & Beautiful resides in Connecticut with his family. Kassie DePavia lived in New York when they brought back Eve.

Edited by spookyseason
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

I am rather impressed with Days of our Lives math though; 36 weeks ago was around December 31st i.e. the last time Sarah and Xander were together. Xander knows she slept with Rex on Valentine's day which was 30 weeks ago.  Now did he hear Rex say it and can he do the math? If he can't I bet Chloe can

Sadly I was a long term Xarah fan who just can't stand her now. I love his easy, no baggage relationship with Chloe so much more

• Like 4
1 hour ago, spookyseason said:

I honestly think they made a mistake of keeping Alex and Sarah on the show. It's a waste of money and time to invest in these two whom has little use or depth and saddle them with others and storyline so both could stay relevant. RSW and LG bring nothing to the table. Instead, TPTBs could take a page out of General Hospital's book and save some bucks to bring back well-connected veterns like Pasty. 

It's not like soaps haven't done this before. Thorsten Kaye, the current Ridge from Bold & Beautiful resides in Connecticut with his family. Kassie DePavia lived in New York when they brought back Eve.

Alex and Sarah bother me less than Leo, Gwen etc because at least they have history on this show. I just wish they were better characters. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I am rather impressed with Days of our Lives math though; 36 weeks ago was around December 31st i.e. the last time Sarah and Xander were together. Xander knows she slept with Rex on Valentine's day which was 30 weeks ago.  Now did he hear Rex say it and can he do the math? If he can't I bet Chloe can

Sadly I was a long term Xarah fan who just can't stand her now. I love his easy, no baggage relationship with Chloe so much more

Which is unrealistic because Chloe should have issues with Xander for leaving her with El Fideo in the first place. It’s not like Chloe to be ok with Xander she’s resented Brady and Phillip for far less. 

I think Xarah shouldn’t reunite either but I can’t agree that Xander/Chloe are better when Chloe has to ignore her valid issues with the man to make this pairing work. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Which is unrealistic because Chloe should have issues with Xander for leaving her with El Fideo in the first place. It’s not like Chloe to be ok with Xander she’s resented Brady and Phillip for far less. 

I think Xarah shouldn’t reunite either but I can’t agree that Xander/Chloe are better when Chloe has to ignore her valid issues with the man to make this pairing work. 

Perfectly stated. I'm guessing, however, that Susan being alive will absolve Xander of everything...somehow.

....so. was this the best episode of the year?

I laughed multiple times. Viv is as camp and grand and witty as ever. Love Louise! Hope she gets to stay for a few months, though I doubt it.

John finally meets his real Daddy. It was rushed and cheesy and deserved about two full months of build-up and getting to know Tim, but at least it's a happy resolution.

I missed some dialogue and scenes though, so could someone please lay this all out for me - what happened in the war trenches and who was Yo Ling then? Thanks!

I hope DVD returns for more episodes. I want to see him with Johnny, Eric, Belle and Roman. If they did this rewrite just for the sake of 5 episodes, it's a bit silly.

Sarah's delivery was well-done. Her yelling at Victor's portrait was great and the flashbacks heightened it. I can't wait to see Maggie smile that such a dark day still brought her a blessing.

I wasnt sure if they'd find a single good flashback of JPL and John together to use, but they did! Cant remember what was happening in it - Philip still dealing with Deimos? Philip leaving town? - but it was nice to see.

Did Philip say he was leaving town again?

Great episode.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I missed some dialogue and scenes though, so could someone please lay this all out for me - what happened in the war trenches and who was Yo Ling then?

Yo Ling's real name was Joseph Bell. He wanted to desert so when his fellow soldier Timother Robichaux was injured, begging for help, and they both thought that he would die, Yo Ling switched their dog tags, took Robichaux's and ran away. Robichaux survived but had no memory and since his dog tags read "Joseph Bell", that's who everyone thought he was.

Vivian was so much fun and just the right amount of blowing things up.

Babies rarely come that quickly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

John finally meets his real Daddy. It was rushed and cheesy and deserved about two full months of build-up and getting to know Tim, but at least it's a happy resolution.

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yo Ling's real name was Joseph Bell. He wanted to desert so when his fellow soldier Timother Robichaux was injured, begging for help, and they both thought that he would die, Yo Ling switched their dog tags, took Robichaux's and ran away. Robichaux survived but had no memory and since his dog tags read "Joseph Bell", that's who everyone thought he was.

Vivian was so much fun and just the right amount of blowing things up.

JFC, are they really retconning John’s heritage AGAIN?!  So how is he no longer Forrest Alamain?  And who’s the real Forrest (if such a person ever existed)?  

As for Vivian, I liked her best when Carly, Nicky and Lawrence were around. Those 4-5 years were my favorite in the decades (on and off) I’ve watched Days (started mid 1980s). 

Edited by norcalgal
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

My nephew came that quickly! It happens sometimes.

My second one did too. Third even faster.  

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Meh, Brady got back together with Kristen after she stole his girlfriend's embryo and gave birth to their child. Xander leaving Chloe in Mexico barely rates. Not to mention all the awful things OG EJ did to Nicole and they are a couple again.

Everyone in town is handwaving the nasty stuff Philip did to Brady. We can't apply normal human behaviour to these people 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Ahhh ok. I figured that was it.....but someone I was with said "they switched tags....and then they switched back!" and I was totally lost, LOL!

And now we have confirmation that Maude did in fact die during John's absence from the last Stefano adventure in Prague. That was because Drake was injured doing a stunt at the end of the Orpheus story (with the burning coffins) and then, suddenly John was leaving Doc alone to face Stefano so he could visit with his Mom.

....which of John's many origin story arcs got the most screentime and development? I thought Yo Ling was fast, but this was even faster.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

JFC, are they really retconning John’s heritage AGAIN?!  So how is he no longer Forrest Alamain?  And who’s the real Forrest (if such a person ever existed)?  

No, John is still Forrest Alamain, that is and has been the only consistent part of his history. Philomena and Leopold adopting him is canon. The only thing they keep changing are his biological parents. 

Honestly, years ago they had the perfect solution to John's history when they made him Daphne Dimera's son. It explained Stefano hating him, how he got adopted by the Alamains (Philomina and Daphne are sisters). Being sent to the assassin school, etc. 

I'm a die hard Chelsea fan, and completely miss her as a character.  I know people hate her because she killed Zach 16yrs ago but I'm over it.

I actually loved the fact that she named her son Isaac. I saw it as a tribute to both Zach and Abe and Lexie. Chelsea was very close to them as Theo's behavioral therapist. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thank God I can now pretend the extremely racist yellowface Yo Ling storyline never happened. As an Asian male, I could not stop cringing at seeing an old white man dressed up as a caricature of Asian men. I still can't believe nobody thought at any point to say, "Hey, isn't this pretty racist?" when they were doing that story. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

Honest question, method: if someone lives in a country populated overwhelmingly by people of a different ethnicity than their own, and gradually adopts the fashions of those people, is it wrong? Tacky? Okay as long as they don't fake an accent? (hi Madonna!)

I realize the writers didn't need to go anywhere near there on DOOL, and making Timothy call himself Yo Ling and start a terrorist organization was maybe questionable (he could have been just as evil without the name or the clothes) but in real life...is it offensive to adopt the clothes?

Is it a case-by-case thing?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

@DisneyBoy, I don’t think so. This mentions another show, but on 90 Day Fiance The Other Way, Jenny moved to India to marry Sumit and live there. Her clothing became more suited to life in India - the heat, humidity, and culture.  Probably what is in the shops too, depending on where you live and your lifestyle. Some more North American outfits would not be worn to meet the family.

• Like 2

You can appreciate and adapt to a culture without appropriating it or calling yourself "Yo Ling" as if you're trying to fool people into thinking you're a native. Do I mind if a white person wears a kimono or a mandarin collar? No. Do I mind if a white person pulls an Asian version of what Rachel Dolezal did? Yes.

It is a case by case basis in my opinion (I follow this cute Swedish Youtuber living in Japan who I would say is a good example of embracing a culture instead of appropriating it), and no..."Yo Ling" never flew with me and I am honestly good that he's retconned out of being John's father.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 9/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, norcalgal said:

As for Vivian, I liked her best when Carly, Nicky and Lawrence were around. Those 4-5 years were my favorite in the decades (on and off) I’ve watched Days (started mid 1980s). 

Same she was bad without being OTT and far grounded in reality. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I agree current Viv is a more cartoony version, especially with her dialogue...but at least she sells it.

And really, this whole show feels more and more like some weird Disney channel sitcom, sans laugh track.

Her calling Bonnie Adrienne and being incredulous Justin married a clone of his wife was worth the price of admission 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Her calling Bonnie Adrienne and being incredulous Justin married a clone of his wife was worth the price of admission 

Which still bugs me. I miss Adrienne. I still hate - and will continue to hate - Bonnie.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Which still bugs me. I miss Adrienne. I still hate - and will continue to hate - Bonnie.

Do we know if JE prefers to play Bonnie instead of Adrienne, and therefore:

A) the producers/writers are indulging Judy; or

B) JE’s preference coincides with what the producers/writers want to do anyway (that is, continue with Bonnie instead of Adrienne)?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

B) JE’s preference coincides with what the producers/writers want to do anyway (that is, continue with Bonnie instead of Adrienne)?

Well, I read here that Judi preferred Bonnie, but I'm not sure if there is any real source. Still, as much as I think Judi Evans is great, as TPTB, I would have explained that the character/connections with history is Adrienne. Maybe they could have lightened Adrienne up and allowed a moment's levity/happiness.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Judy prefers playing Bonnie, but I don't think she had a say in Adrienne's demise. 

Also Bonnie has been around for 20yrs now. They need to expand her to more than Justin's wife. Bring back Patrick, Connor, and Sheila. Why isn't she a reporter at the Spectator? Her and Kate were friendly back in the day. Give her more to do. 

• Like 5

Victoria Margaret Horton is a gorgeous name. 🥲 I'm not crying. YOU'RE crying.

I really thought we'd get some beautiful mother/daughter/granddaughter scenes at the hospital, with Maggie basking in the glow of this wonderful development, treasuring a break from the gloom and doom of Victor and Vivian...especially since this " funeral reception" seems completely abstract. Is it happening at the restaurant Brady was complaining about? Or at the house? Both? Neither?

And where the heck is Sonny? Did he even say he was leaving? Or are we supposed to assume he's still there, just off-camera?

Nice to see it acknowledged that Viv has feelings and is a real person. Loved Bonnie and her bonding over their prison history. Makes total sense.

Every time Alex says "Auntie Mag", I want to strangle him. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Theresa is being written so terribly. She sounds about 16 years old. All her character growth is gone. She's proud of being a mess now? She shouldn't be a mess. Ugh.

And I was super distracted by the ends of her hair at the angle they were filming at over her shoulder. It needed some adjusting. It looked so weirdly pointy.

I missed something: Sarah was telling Rex she was overwhelmed with gratitude...and guilt...and then I didn't see the rest of the scene. Did I miss much?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

Victoria Margaret Horton is a gorgeous name. 🥲 I'm not crying. YOU'RE crying.

Every time Alex says "Auntie Mag", I want to strangle him. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Is Victoria's last name Horton? I heard when Sarah named her Victoria Margaret, but I didn't hear the last name. I assumed it was Brady - for Rex. Eventually, I assumed it would become Cook or Kiriakis.

I really don't like her naming the child after Victor. I also hate how the child who was named after Mickey died. For some reason, this show is dedicated to having Sarah disrespect Mickey's memory. Like when Sarah called Victor the love of Maggie's life. Why would Mickey's daughter say such a thing?

I agree about Alex. I know he's a legacy character, but he feels so pointless. I feel like its a downgrade for Brady to share scenes with him. I don't care about his potential romantic relationships. I just want him gone. Personally, I feel the show still hasn't found a place for him.

I disliked the Theresa/Stephanie scene. First, the characters were not on the show at the same time. That would be fine, but the show feels the need to make up history between the two. The two are first cousins. That's enough history for them to have lunch together. I hated the Miley Cyrus concert story. These are women in their mid/late 30s. I want them to act like women in their mid/late 30s. Stephanie acts like a perpetual 13-year-old and Theresa is no better. 

I didn't like the Vivian and Bonnie scenes.

• Like 4

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't thersea staying with Kayla at one point because Kimberly couldn't do anything with her.Also didn't Kimberly and Kayla both live in California at one point.

I think sonny left although weird that he would leave before the reception and plus Vivian was the one who originally hired Leo for some reason to go after sonny so it would have been interesting to see sonny have scenes with vivian.

• Like 3

After all the promos about Victor’s s funeral, I was deeply, deeply, deeply underwhelmed. 

I don’t understand the BTS contract shenanigans but seeing the B and C team (including old brunettes now fake blondes, a super tired Sonny and a most annoying Philip actor) instead of Bo, Hope, John, Marlena was jarring and the lawn chair birth cringing.

Contrary to most here, I am not a Vivian “I love burying women alive” Alamain so no solace there.

I do like the “no will” plot point but worry that it’ll peter out in some dumb way.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

For some reason, this show is dedicated to having Sarah disrespect Mickey's memory. Like when Sarah called Victor the love of Maggie's life. Why would Mickey's daughter say such a thing?

I missed the show that day, I think, or at least missed the dialogue, but...yeah. Totally. It's weird how certain characters are "kept alive" and others are forgotten seemingly. At least we got to see Mickey on the SR anniversary episode though.

I know this cast has tons of elderly people in it, but sometimes I wish we could see more of those older characters so I could understand more of the show's history. I guess too many of them would be dead now or also in their 90s.

I cannot believe Brady's two examples of Theresa causing trouble were her knocking John into a coma (fair) and her getting abducted to save him. WTF???

Also: didn't the family choose to keep the fact that Theresa hit John a secret? She was never charged with assault and they all opted to cover it up since Kristen was the more immediate threat to Brady's well-being.

59 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I agree about Alex. I know he's a legacy character, but he feels so pointless. I feel like its a downgrade for Brady to share scenes with him.

I think Brady deserves Alex, frankly.

45 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't thersea staying with Kayla at one point because Kimberly couldn't do anything with her.Also didn't Kimberly and Kayla both live in California at one point.

I don't remember any of that stuff since I probably wasn't watching at the time, but I assume that's what the show was going for - acknowledging that they both lived within proximity to one another some time in the past.

45 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I think sonny left although weird that he would leave before the reception and plus Vivian was the one who originally hired Leo for some reason to go after sonny so it would have been interesting to see sonny have scenes with vivian.

Thank you! Yes, totally, Sonny would have been there for the reception. And Xander already mentioned how Sonny seemed poised to have an affair with Leo (referencing an aborted storyline - unusual!) so there's that to possibly give an epilogue too.

I'm now wondering if Viv will have scenes with her son Stefan and Gabi, whose wedding she missed. Or John, who has now finally found his real father, and who was a member of her family for decades.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Desperado said:

After all the promos about Victor’s s funeral, I was deeply, deeply, deeply underwhelmed. 

I don’t understand the BTS contract shenanigans but seeing the B and C team (including old brunettes now fake blondes, a super tired Sonny and a most annoying Philip actor) instead of Bo, Hope, John, Marlena was jarring and the lawn chair birth cringing.

Contrary to most here, I am not a Vivian “I love burying women alive” Alamain so no solace there.

I do like the “no will” plot point but worry that it’ll peter out in some dumb way.

This is entirely fair. Sometimes I rewatch clips of older Days events and the differences are jarring. Kristen's fake funeral was more moving and dramatic and impactful (even though it was fake) than Victor's real funeral was. The actual funeral itself was what...6 minutes? With truncated speeches?

But, sad to say, this is the best DAYS has been all year so I'm trying to enjoy it for what it is.

This would have absolutely been the moment to resolve the Bo/Hope story and bring them back, and obviously John and Marlena should have been there with Brady for support.

I don't know how much longer after John Aniston's passing all this stuff was planned and scripted, but it did feel weird to have the Timothy Robichaux plot squeezed in between the funeral scenes. Maybe they'd already booked DVD and couldn't stop that stuff, so they built the funeral stuff around it.

...or maybe they just didn't understand that we'd have all welcomed 5 full episodes of the pre-funeral, the funeral, the reception afterwards and all the character drama and genuine emotion that would provide.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I disliked the Theresa/Stephanie scene. First, the characters were not on the show at the same time. That would be fine, but the show feels the need to make up history between the two. The two are first cousins. That's enough history for them to have lunch together. I hated the Miley Cyrus concert story. These are women in their mid/late 30s. I want them to act like women in their mid/late 30s. Stephanie acts like a perpetual 13-year-old and Theresa is no better. 

Theresa and Stefanie grew up together in LA, or at least for several years. They were referencing that part of their youth. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I am struggling with Sarah during this plot line. I just abhor her letting Xander watch his daughter be born, hold her, and then let him congratulate Rex in front of her. And this is the second time she has done this! It is really a horrible thing to do to her baby daddies, twice!

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I am struggling with Sarah during this plot line. I just abhor her letting Xander watch his daughter be born, hold her, and then let him congratulate Rex in front of her. And this is the second time she has done this! It is really a horrible thing to do to her baby daddies, twice!

Same.  Sarah had her best chance to tell Xander today.  Now he’ll hear it from a third party or finally figure it out and the fallout will not be pretty.

Also now I feel bad for Rex.  He's going to fall in love with this baby.

Edited by mariah23
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Theresa and Stefanie grew up together in LA, or at least for several years. They were referencing that part of their youth. 

I know this, but I still hate made-up history. There are times when I think it's necessary. For example, Stephanie and Jada discussed some long ago birthday party they attended as children. That makes sense, and it should be a jumping off point to establishing a relationship based on the show's history since Jada isn't a Brady or Johnson, and she'll need something to help cement to the audience her connection to Stephanie and Kayla.

For Theresa and Stephanie, it didn't work for me. One, it went on too long. Two, it made them both seem childish, and I think Stephanie, in particular, always comes off as childish. (To be clear, the childishness comes from the way the actresses played the scene.) I also wasn't certain if the characters would be young enough for the Miley Cyrus story they told. I assume Steph and Theresa are mid/late 30s. Stephanie came onto the show as a teen in 2007, and the story they told sounded like middle schoolers. I don't think Miley Cyrus was even having concerts like the one they mentioned in the early 2000s. 

I also hate it because Days leans on fake history instead of establishing real history. So much of the Allie/Johnny dynamic was based on things that happened in Europe that we did not see. The same can be said for Johnny/EJ.

Simply having them acknowledge they are cousins and it's been so long just would have been better for me. The Miley Cyrus story highlighted the ways that Days takes cheap shortcuts lately for me.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mariah23 said:

Same.  Sarah had her best chance to tell Xander today.  Now he’ll hear it from a third party or finally figure it out and the fallout will not be pretty.

Also now I feel bad for Rex.  He's going to fall in love with this baby.

It is cruel to everyone including Maggie who as we know loves Xander at least as much as Sarah and probably more. Forcing her to be an accomplice is awful 

4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is Victoria's last name Horton? I heard when Sarah named her Victoria Margaret, but I didn't hear the last name. I assumed it was Brady - for Rex. Eventually, I assumed it would become Cook or Kiriakis.

I really don't like her naming the child after Victor. I also hate how the child who was named after Mickey died. For some reason, this show is dedicated to having Sarah disrespect Mickey's memory. Like when Sarah called Victor the love of Maggie's life. Why would Mickey's daughter say such a thing?

Sarah is a Horton. She and Rex aren't married so presumably so is the baby

I felt like naming her after Victor, in her mind, was throwing Xander a bone as the real father. I really hate her right now. 

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I assume there will be a quickie Rarah (Sex?) wedding in the next few weeks, to maximize the damage.

I imagine they will roll out the kidnapped baby trope to interrupt both Rarah and Xoe weddings. If Sloane doesn't snatch the baby to offer to Eric (which, irony considering he was the last baby daddy Sarah lied to) then Victoria will need a blood transfusion only Xander can provide. I doubt either couple will end up married, Sarah doesn't love Rex, Chloe is making cow eyes at Phillip, and Xarah are going to end up together again. I used to love them but so over her now. 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Victoria Margaret Horton is a gorgeous name. 🥲 

I missed something: Sarah was telling Rex she was overwhelmed with gratitude...and guilt...and then I didn't see the rest of the scene. Did I miss much?

Yeah. My original feed cut off too. She told Rex that she understands the pain of losing a child you love and would never do that to him. Even said she understood why Xander swapped Mickey for her. Except she doesn’t. He did it to save Maggie. Nobody remembers that 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3

I don't get Sarah's motivation for keeping it from Xander at this point? Unless I missed something. It just seems pointless it still would be dramatic if she realized after Victor's funeral and her daughter's birth the full circle of life and that it's short etc that she would confess herself. 

I also think the kid should've been named Margaret Victoria (if Victor has to be involved in the name). I think naming a kid after Victor should've gone to Ciara, Brady, Alex, Sonny, or Philip. 

I'm not bothered by Brady hating Theresa especially over John however it also lacks credibility since he still got involved with her after the fact. 

I also don't get this growth people think Theresa had. She's still manipulative and isn't above using her son to get Brady to do what she wants (it's not as effective now thanks to Rachel though). She's just not as awful as Kristen and other villains on this show but the desperation has always been there with this character.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 4

It's all done to make Brady seem desirable and give him something to do.

He's been in love stories for 10 consecutive years now, and despite some undeniably fun sparks with Eileen, has been boring and downright ugly throughout all his pairings.

If they kept him single, I swear he'd be staring at a wall.

• LOL 3
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's all done to make Brady seem desirable and give him something to do.

He's been in love stories for 10 consecutive years now, and despite some undeniably fun sparks with Eileen, has been boring and downright ugly throughout all his pairings.

If they kept him single, I swear he'd be staring at a wall.

Soaps could actually write for characters instead of just giving them interchangeable pairings. 

They could have written a story for Brady about how he's addicted to love like he is with drugs.  They could have Tate come as a teenager and butting heads with Brady it would give him something different beyond his love life. Yet that's too character driven for this show.

Although I will say unlike a lot of characters on this show when Brady is in a relationship he's rather loyal. However since they are so interchangeable it's hard to take it seriously also. 

Nicole is rather similar with all these pairings but she's not as loyal. She just wants what she can't have. So even her relationships can't be taken seriously at this point and I say this as someone that liked her with EJ and Brady(although they should really stay friends at this point).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sarah is a Horton. She and Rex aren't married so presumably so is the baby

You don't have to be married to give the child the father's last name. As I said, I thought it was odd the show didn't specifically mention the child's last name. Horton or Brady, the show should have told us.

• Like 4

Victor never would have destroyed a will ahead of a new one or be married this entire time to Vivian and bigamy with Maggie.  He suddenly died stupid?

Maggie and Bonnie needs to tell Xander if horrid Sarah won't. "Is that all you have to say? 

She named her Victoria for Victor to put a connection to Xander since Maggie is middle name I guess. Sarah Bo better than Xander hiding paternity.

• Like 4