Season 17 Live Chat Thread

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Or a hired actor courtesy of TLC 

That was her exact response. 

So kody says:

“I should have been more patriarchal.” 

yea….being a bigger asshole will definitely make the ladies love you more. 

Also, I don’t think Meri knows what patriarchal means. She needs Kodick’s words of the day calendar. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Meri, I would disagree that you are a “strong, independent woman.”  Your husband has blatantly told you he doesn’t want to be married to you. Yet you don’t leave! An independent woman would have high-tailed it out of their giant mansion for one!

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I want to throat punch Robyn with her lies and fakery. Does she really think people don’t see through her?

Robyn blinking furiously after Suki asked her if Christine felt Robyn had sabatoged her  relationship to Kody.  Robyn blinks, says "she's wrong." Mad blinking, then says "all I've ever been is supportive...I promise you" 

A liar will say- trust me,  believe me. 

• Like 14
  • Love 5
Just now, Art Of Noiz said:

Robyn blinking furiously after Suki asked her if Christine felt Robyn had sabatoged her  relationship to Kody.  Robyn blinks, says "she's wrong." Mad blinking, then says "all I've ever been is supportive...I promise you" 

A liar will say- trust me,  believe me. 

Yep! Alllll of this. If someone says “I’ll be honest with you,” it means they’re usually not. If they keep asking for trust and belief, it’s because you shouldn’t give them any. 

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Kody comparing his wives to panting dogs is so fucking disrespectful and misogynistic….if my husband did that he would be out on his ass

I keep getting looks that let me know that if I ever use a Kody term in a real conversation I need to sleep with one eye open or find somewhere else to live. Mama don’t play that shit in this house.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

And now we have Sobbyn telling Suki how the cow ate the cabbage in the whatever nutty sect of Mormonism they AREN'T a PART OF anymore.....  She is just a NUT. PERIOD.

Just go away and cry in the corner Sobbyn.  Nobody cares but the Douchecanoe.  You two are perfect for each other.  Also, perfect for POVERTY.

When are we gonna go kick his ass??  I'm off the week between Christmas and New Years'.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

I am guessing that Kody believes that people don't grow or evolve.  Someone should probably tell him that a 20-year-old woman and a 50-year-old are going to see things quite differently.  

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, toodywoody said:

How did these women ever fall in love with this giant dick? Like what in the fuck? I know he didn't have his noodle head back then but this dude is an asshole.

I do believe he was once a good manipulator. It’s all unraveled, which explains the anger. When someone like him loses their hold, they spiral. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, toodywoody said:

How did these women ever fall in love with this giant dick?

I think Meri would have preferred to not have a plural marriage but she went along with it because she wanted Kody. He was better looking when he was younger and believe it or not was considered a prize. 

When they brought Robyn in was when everything broke. I think Kody actually fell in love with Robyn and then wasn't interested in the other wives. Robyn is a snake and took advantage of the situation.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
Just now, mythoughtis said:

Robyn thinks Kody is still religious- he is not.   Janelle said so during the divorce episode.  

I don’t think she thinks that. I think she just wants to spout off whatever propaganda she can come up with that makes the dissenter the villain in her weird ass made up story. 

• Like 15
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

In the earlier talking-head, Janelle had said that both Christine and Kody left the AUB.  But, let's forget that for this segment. . . That way we can get Christine and Janelle to grift for their spinoff on their dating lives.

And it allows Robyn to hold out hope for reconciliation and a season 18.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, JayDub1987 said:

So, we only have two weeks of this left. I’m a sucker for these train wreck TLC shows. Anybody know if we’re getting more Plathville during the SW off-season?

I don’t know, but I cannot stand the parents on that show!! Not watching it again.  
I think Kody is mental. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
Just now, Adeejay said:

What Kody doesn't seem to get is that when he started showing favoritism to Robyn things went downhill.  He lost interest in the OG wives.  Plain and simple.  

And neither can Robyn. She can't see that him staying with her every night isn't giving the other wives fair time.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I don’t think she thinks that. I think she just wants to spout off whatever propaganda she can come up with that makes the dissenter the villain in her weird ass made up story. 

I changed my comment while you were quoting it.  Not because I didn’t think it, but because someone else said it better. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

So, we only have two weeks of this left. I’m a sucker for these train wreck TLC shows. Anybody know if we’re getting more Plathville during the SW off-season?

I'm afraid it's gonna be the 1000 pound friends, the 1000 pound sisters and the 30 pound Shauna Rae.  Followed by (I think) the 1000 plastic surgery recipients, Darcey & Stacey.  Somehow, 1000 is their favorite number for the winter.

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I don’t know, but I cannot stand the parents on that show!! Not watching it again.  
I think Kody is mental. 

But it’s getting good too…hopefully we’ll see the fallout from Mama Plath’s DUI although I’m sure she’ll deflect.

Lies Kody!  You are still angry.  You never consulted with them.  And who reconciles over potential cheating because of rice crispy treats?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

He considered reconciling over Rice Krispie  treats?

Now we know just how bad of a cook Robyn is. she can't melt marshmallow and butter and mix it with rice crispies.

They must live on take out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I would bet on their first anniversary in Flagstaff, Kody was nice to Meri because he wanted her to give him the proceeds from the sale of her Vegas home.  

possible! first anniversary was 2019 off camera; but Rice Krispie date was 2020

Christine threw a fit "two years before" she kicked me out - well that was 2019.

His timeline is off.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

This all gives me the feeling that Kody and Robyn's relationship is grounded on them feeling superior to every other wife, and spend all their time validating that. What are they going to do now?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
Just now, Ms.Lulu said:

Now we know just how bad of a cook Robyn is. she can't melt marshmallow and butter and mix it with rice crispies.

They must live on take out.

Does the nanny cook?

omg we figured out what the nanny does. She cooks for Kody!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4