Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Truth or Dare

• Start Topic

So, here's my question: if the majority of the house didn't know any country singers, didn't know Jason Aldean specifically (except heard of his name, like me), why did they all jump up in excitement when his picture was revealed?  I had no idea what he looked like!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Right? I was expecting a sound effect of crickets when the pic came up.  (I’m not familiar with Jason Aldean’s work but there were things he and his wife put up on social media that make me dislike them. Logan seems nice though)

Yay for LC! She was my favorite even though her sister spells her name wrong 😉 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I was actually surprised that LC picked Logan to guess Pepper since she wasn’t sure about Jason Aldean and there was a 50% chance she’d be wrong on it whereas she was 100% sure on Dean Martin. She was right to be the final guesser though because after T/D everyone was 100% sure it was Keke. 

I liked the season and the Jobros did a great job! They were pretty smooth in their hosting delivery and banter. Looking forward to a S2. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I was actually surprised that LC picked Logan to guess Pepper since she wasn’t sure about Jason Aldean and there was a 50% chance she’d be wrong on it whereas she was 100% sure on Dean Martin. She was right to be the final guesser though because after T/D everyone was 100% sure it was Keke. 

I liked the season and the Jobros did a great job! They were pretty smooth in their hosting delivery and banter. Looking forward to a S2. 

She was such a smart player I was sure she'd pick Pepper (hah! Pick a pack of pickled Peppers) -  if Pepper guessed Logan correctly, Logan would be gone and LC could be confident because she knew who Pepper's relative was. If Pepper was wrong about Logan, Pepper would be gone and LC would have one more chance at guessing a Country Western singer. 

• Love 4

Logan was a great strategic puppetmaster, but overall LC was the better player, IMO. She dominated the challenges. Hell, PEPPER was better at the later challenges than Logan was.

LC was also a master at misdirection, because people believed her relative was male right up until the finale! That was such a good idea. This interview revealed her thought process behind that:

Palmer: My original strategy was to do this British accent and just really throw everyone off. But then I thought about it, and I was like, I know myself and one day I'm just going to wake up early in the morning and just be talking in my regular voice. So I was like, "OK, that's awful." And then I just decided to change the gender (of my relative). I did a lot of research and I was like, OK, there's a large pool of older Black male actors. So let's say that your celebrity is your father, because then the possibilities are almost limitless.

Great final two, and I think the right person won. It appears LC also changed up her appearance a bit. On Instagram, it seems those coke bottle glasses and blond hair are gone. She looks much better with darker hair and glasses.

I saw that Keke appeared to be on set for the finale. It's too bad they didn't show her on TV!

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Although I am happy with LC's win (either her or Logan would be good winners for me), I felt that the final challenge gave too much power to the winner as the winner was able to orchestrate two guess-offs.  Maybe the returnees could have voted for the guesser between the final two.  Fun show and looking forward to season 2.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Logan was a great strategic puppetmaster, but overall LC was the better player, IMO. She dominated the challenges. Hell, PEPPER was better at the later challenges than Logan was.

LC was also a master at misdirection, because people believed her relative was male right up until the finale! That was such a good idea. This interview revealed her thought process behind that:

Great final two, and I think the right person won. It appears LC also changed up her appearance a bit. On Instagram, it seems those coke bottle glasses and blond hair are gone. She looks much better with darker hair and glasses.

I saw that Keke appeared to be on set for the finale. It's too bad they didn't show her on TV!

LC’s strategy was smart, but even she couldn’t have foreseen that the other contestants would think she looked like Lawrence Fishburne!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

why did they all jump up in excitement when his picture was revealed?  I had no idea what he looked like!

That confused me too, except I realized that they DON'T show wrong answers. If they showed the guess, it was right. I enjoyed this show, hope it comes back for a second season!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

So, here's my question: if the majority of the house didn't know any country singers, didn't know Jason Aldean specifically (except heard of his name, like me), why did they all jump up in excitement when his picture was revealed?  I had no idea what he looked like!

My take is that they weren’t jumping up for Jason Aldean but that it meant that LC won. 

5 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Also I hated Brittany trying to wrest some power back by misleading LC into thinking Logan's relative was Luke Bryan. She was a little too smug for someone who was eliminated weeks ago. I was glad LC didn't fall for it.

Brittany is too smug for her own good. All the time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

In my mind, I had the name "Jason Aldean" matched up with an image of Brad Paisley, so I was really surprised at photo reveal!

I'm glad that LC won.  It's not that I disliked Logan, but I didn't always like his gameplay.  Mostly because he was the one that seemed most adamant about saving Louise because she was an easy guess until he was in the guesser position.  I also wonder if Brittany made the "Luke Bryan suggestion autonomously or if he put her up to it.   Either way I thought that was pretty snaky.  LC was great at deflecting and hiding her celebrity's identity, but she was a lot better at winning comps and playing offensively as well.

Edited by leocadia
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I don't remember Jason Aldean being a judge on AI, do you?  Of course, I haven't watched since the current panel's first season, so there's that.

I don't think he was ever a judge on the show.  But he did make an appearance singing a duet with Kelly Clarkson on the 10th anniversary season of Idol.  Their duet of a song called "Don't You Wanna Stay" went to number 1 on the Billboard charts.

• Thanks 2

I want to give props to the contestants on this show who had no idea exactly what they were walking into and immediately figured out how to strategize and make it cutthroat.  This was a risk for all involved, ABC, producers and Jobros included, and I say it was a total success all around. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, eyelash said:

I don't think he was ever a judge on the show.  But he did make an appearance singing a duet with Kelly Clarkson on the 10th anniversary season of Idol.  Their duet of a song called "Don't You Wanna Stay" went to number 1 on the Billboard charts.

He was also a guest mentor who dueted with a couple contestants during the 2021 season.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

I don't remember Jason Aldean being a judge on AI, do you?  Of course, I haven't watched since the current panel's first season, so there's that.

I wonder if it's also a small reference to the fact that his wife was a former AI contestant. I remember reading all the salacious headlines when they were running around behind his first wife's back.

• Thanks 1

Jason Aldean was on-stage at the time of the Las Vegas shooting several years ago.

He also cheated on his wife with a much younger woman and after their divorce, married her. She's getting a lot of shit right now because of her transphobic views. I don't like them.

But Logan seems like a good guy.

• Love 1

I hadn't heard of this series until the new season started, so I just watched all of season 1.  SO fun!!

My only complaint was letting the eliminated houseguests (EHGs? Is that what they're called?) back in to mingle with the finalists.  The whole game was figuring out the clues and being strategic in what info to share and with whom.  But once they were out of the game, the EHGs pooling/sharing of info just depended on who they liked better, ala Big Brother.

For this finalie, it didn't matter much - LC having the name "Jason" paired with earlier mentions of JA was probably enough to get her to the end.  But do we really know that none of the EHGs helped her?  And/or did Travis tell Logan about Keke?  I felt the game was interesting enough without the interference at the very end.

I, too, loved the credit shots of LC & Logan; what a cute friendship!