Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Social Media Content

• Start Topic

I don't think that Tim realizes that most of the remaining contestants have no idea what some of the words he's using mean.  Cacophony?  Maybe Georgia.  I'm not saying the others are dumb, but when English isn't your first language, Gunn-isms are a bit of a reach.  

I hated Yannick's textile.  It looked muddy & dirty.  His stuff is just ridiculous to me. 

Raphael's designs all look like church choir gowns.  Bad!  But that model was a real bitch, but I also kind of don't blame her.  

And Jeannette can only seem to do draped, satin jewel-tone things.   Now SHE'S the one-way monkey.  

Good for Georgia, she really got it this time.  That accessible print dress just slayed! She deserved the win. 

MarkA was the absolute right cut.  I though Rafael should have gone too.  Jeannette AGAIN lucked out. 

These people are SO inconsistent.   More so than in the previous 2 seasons.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GaT said:

So glad Georgia won, I am not liking most of the clothes this season.

I agree.  I don’t know what they’re really looking for, or what they’re looking at when they talk about the high level of talent.  I’m just not seeing it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I actually liked MarcAntoine's runway look.  His accessible look - no.   It looked like something from a bad 80s apocalypse movie.  

Oof, not impressed with Jeanette this week.  I really liked the outfit Jeanette was wearing herself! 

I think Yannik is very creative but not sure of his win potential.  He needs to listen to the judges about accessibility.  He can probably sell his clothes at his own shop but not on Amazon.    He needs a good sit down with Esther. 

Georgia has been quietly good this season.   She put a lot of thought into her design this week and it showed.   Her accessible look appeared to me to be a slip dress but you could really see the print.  Yannik did something similar last episode - using the showy part of his runway look as his print for the accessible look - but you couldn't really see it in the outfit.  Georgia managed it much, much better.

Have no idea who the judges were.   I'm not on social media but I can appreciate its importance in growing your brand.  I thought the videos were pretty blah (Marc's was kind of fun) but again, they didn't have much time.  

Rafael's mom story was very sad and I give him huge props for learning English basically on the fly.  He strikes me as someone who needs more time.  He's creative but business/execution wise, he's a step below Yannik.  I have liked a lot of his ideas but not always his execution.   He should have been more aware of what could happen with the paint.  Even water based, no one in this situation really wants to get paint all over their skin.  The model didn't come off very professional though.  "I'm going to sue you if I have an allergic reaction"  Sure.  Never mind all those disclaimers I'm sure everyone had to sign.   Overall it struck me as a meh controversy.

I always like the concept store stuff so I'm looking forward to the next episode.

• Love 2

I thought Raphael was a goner this time.  I think he's so creative, and I love some of the outfits he wears.  I'm assuming he designs them for himself, but I don't know.  I'm not referring to those gold pants, though.

Yay, Georgia, well done on both looks.

I'm glad Jeremy wasn't such a wanker this episode.  Settle down, dude, it's not a personal affront to you if you don't like what the designers create with little time and little rest.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm a horrible person, but I'm sick of Rafael and his backstory. I thought most of the videos were confusing or embarrassing but I'm old. 

I don't know if these designers are inconsistent or the show is rigged to create ups and downs by fiddling with the timing for example.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Chloe and Halle Bailey are sisters who are singers and actresses. They are 24 and 22. Halle is going to be Ariel in the live action The Little Mermaid.

Between them and the young man that guest judged the group challenge, I think they have the most to offer in terms of how best to navigate social media. That Heidi was so shocked that they liked Yannick's video showed just how out of touch she is with technology, social media, and probably fashion as well.

I dont think the three main judges really understand what's catchy on social media. I think Chloe and Halle offered useful and down to earth feedback in that regard that the designers could use.

At the beginning of the episode, Yannick reminded me of this quote by Erykah Badu:

"I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my shit."

• Love 6

I laughed out loud when one of the sisters stated that she could see one of her friends wearing one of the outfits to Cochella (sp).  Heh.  That was last week.  Which just goes to show that not event the producers seem to know what they are doing with these challenges.

Other than that, no surprise that they only sent one person home even though I thought both Rafael and Jeanette should have gone home but then that would leave only two for the finale.  I think Georgia has been the most consistent but I don't think she'll win because...demographics (and that the judges and producers want to be seen as cutting edge hip and cool...).

I wonder how much return Amazon gets from the money they pump into this show.  Do they really sell enough of the winning fashions to make it a worthwhile investment?  

I do get tired of Heidi.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/2/2022 at 7:30 PM, SnapHappy said:

Raphael's designs all look like church choir gowns.  Bad!  But that model was a real bitch, but I also kind of don't blame her.  

I think everyone would be a bitch if someone came at their crotch with spray paint. I thought it was really shitty of him to start spraying her without talking it through. I assume her underwear was ruined and her skin was pink. I'd be furious.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, vibeology said:

I think everyone would be a bitch if someone came at their crotch with spray paint. I thought it was really shitty of him to start spraying her without talking it through. I assume her underwear was ruined and her skin was pink. I'd be furious.

I was thinking if they actually gave him time to think (what a concept!) he may have come up with a food dye and water mix that would not have been so toxic, and could have washed off? No way I'd let someone near me with a can of spray paint. Models are people trying to make a living, their safety is not to be taken so lightly.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Oof. I can't tell if the designers have already peaked, or if they are simply so tired and beat down that they are just not functioning very well. The way the safe ones cried during judging, it is clear they still have PTSD from the last judging and are over-stressed. 

I thought Rafael did explain to the model that it was spray paint meant to be used on the body, but the language barrier did not help and she was maybe not expecting it to be applied wet on her. Either way, how is having pants that are spray painted an accessible look?!

I do hope they allow the designers some rest and reasonable work time for the finals next week. I assume there are only 2 more episodes and I would actually like to see them at their best. Why they rush this competition so much, when the prize it so big, is beyond me. Maybe Heidi will only offer 2-3 weeks of her time for shooting or something. I would actually prefer the show with new judges and more time. They can keep Tim!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Either way, how is having pants that are spray painted an accessible look?!

And I didn't even get the concept of the video, most of which were just awful, expect for Georgia.  I think the Quebec guy was the right choice to go, he just kept throwing the same stuff out there.  Might be good on his own, just not right for this show.

20 hours ago, jabRI said:

And I didn't even get the concept of the video, most of which were just awful, expect for Georgia.  I think the Quebec guy was the right choice to go, he just kept throwing the same stuff out there.  Might be good on his own, just not right for this show.

According to MarkAntoine, he was the only designer with versatility!  He talked about it in his TH interview and then mentioned it again at judging.    I was glad to see him leave.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I thought Rafael did explain to the model that it was spray paint meant to be used on the body, but the language barrier did not help and she was maybe not expecting it to be applied wet on her. Either way, how is having pants that are spray painted an accessible look?!

I do hope they allow the designers some rest and reasonable work time for the finals next week. I assume there are only 2 more episodes and I would actually like to see them at their best. Why they rush this competition so much, when the prize it so big, is beyond me. Maybe Heidi will only offer 2-3 weeks of her time for shooting or something. I would actually prefer the show with new judges and more time. They can keep Tim!

I wish Rafael had used the "magic" of video to capture the color changing.  He could have used his muslim design and had the first model "spray paint," cut, switch outfits to final design and voila!  Also, I wish he would have used the other metallic piece- anything would have been better than that cylinder with ruffles.

I watched the after show this week and, although there is a lot of filler and selling clothing, it was interesting to hear Tim's take on the judging and Jeremy's tantrum.  Tim said the tirade went on and on and he finally went to the production room and told them they had to step in and stop it.  Also, both Jeanette and Georgia were there and they described how exhausted they were after the two assignments with the short deadline.

• Useful 5

When Project Runway switched stations, the time allotted to designers was shortened and it showed! Now this show is pushing the designers to a point where they are exhausted and don't have time to think or redesign if necessary. these Global Brand designers are not better than what I have seen on Project Runway and some are even worse. Can we get some good judges? If you want snark get Michael Kors back. 

• Love 2
On 9/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I watched the after show this week and, although there is a lot of filler and selling clothing, it was interesting to hear Tim's take on the judging and Jeremy's tantrum.  Tim said the tirade went on and on and he finally went to the production room and told them they had to step in and stop it.  Also, both Jeanette and Georgia were there and they described how exhausted they were after the two assignments with the short deadline.

This makes me feel better that Tim did take some action regarding the tantrum.  However, it's very sad that he was the only one who did so.  Okay, Tim is continuing to work his way up in my esteem after the travesty of "Under the Gunn" (he has been working his way up for a while now and is actually quite close to the high regard I previously had for him).

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 9/8/2022 at 6:29 PM, seacliffsal said:

This makes me feel better that Tim did take some action regarding the tantrum.  However, it's very sad that he was the only one who did so.  Okay, Tim is continuing to work his way up in my esteem after the travesty of "Under the Gunn" (he has been working his way up for a while now and is actually quite close to the high regard I previously had for him).

We can't forget, but we can forgive.  I feel the same way.  He's been slowly re-building our trust. 

I would like to see him get away from Heidi though.  She's over for me.  He can carry a show, and I'd love to see him FAIRLY and NICELY bring us something new & creative.  

• Applause 3