Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E20: Power of Veto #7

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

The outside POV is like something bored students living in the dorm do for fun. We went sledding with lunch trays.

Ha ha! Kyle's collapses. I wonder if he's trying to lose, like Joseph.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Lamima said:

They arent going to show them use or not use veto, are they?

Normally they would, but who knows.  They didn’t last week.  But then again, they had that lame two hour episode that needed filler. 

Edited by DEL901

Wow. Funny but not sure Terrence should have spilled to Joseph unless he plans to keep him and gun for Kyle. He gets rid of Joseph and walks back into the other leftovers with Kyle and Alyssa who now will be mad that he told Joseph...well Terrence is now all alone.

• Like 1

Wow talk about a fall from greatness. Terrance went from a hero to a zero. I was really starting to respect his game play and comp wins but at the very end appears on the brink of blowing a chance to become a nucleus in a new alliance with Kyle and Alyssa that might get him closer to the end of the game...and then he lets Joseph get into his head?

All he had to do was stick to his guns and keep noms the same guaranteeing the elimination of either Joe or Turner two key members of the Leftovers (Kyle and Brittany are just fill in the blank members). If he send Kyle home he's done nothing but  probably set up a speedier exit out of the house for himself because Joe and Turner will probably want revenge for the  nominations.

Too much Brittany (gee did you think she was going to win veto based on her demeanor? I'm shocked I say, shocked that she won-rolls eyes)

She is so vanilla boring....I can't stand  that fact she's likely going to float all the way to one of the final two chairs.

Not feeling Tiffany's new hair do...bring back the braids!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Wow talk about a fall from greatness. Terrance went from a hero to a zero. I was really starting to respect his game play and comp wins but at the very end appears on the brink of blowing a chance to become a nucleus in a new alliance with Kyle and Alyssa that might get him closer to the end of the game...and then he lets Joseph get into his head?

All he had to do was stick to his guns and keep noms the same guaranteeing the elimination of either Joe or Turner two key members of the Leftovers (Kyle and Brittany are just fill in the blank members). If he send Kyle home he's done nothing but  probably set up a speedier exit out of the house for himself because Joe and Turner will probably want revenge for the  nominations.

I think you’re overlooking something here; by accident or by design Terrance has stumbled(?) into something which, if not unprecedented, is certainly not very precedented - the Perfect HoH Power Trifecta:

1. Winning HoH, thereby controlling initial Block noms.
  2. Winning PoV, thereby controlling PoV usage/final Block noms.
  3. Casting the HoH tie-splitting vote on Eviction Night, thereby removing the nom of the HoH’s own personal choice.

#1 and #2 are relatively easy; the HoH comp is (excepting the outgoing HoH) the most democratic of all BB comps, and PoV comp participation becomes more democratic with each successive eviction.  #3 is the unicorn, though, because a significant chunk of the conditions for its implementation are totally circumstance-specific.

But wait - Terrance has the good fortune to have achieved both #1 and #2 when there are exactly two clashing power groups in the House (Alliance vs. Showmance), with equal voting representation among the ranks of the HoH’s nom/vote-eligible HGs (Joseph and Turner for Alliance / Alyssa and Kyle for Showmance).  By setting final noms with a representative from each group, Terrance virtually ensures a split vote - which means Terrance retains ALL the power; he will cast the HoH tiebreaker vote, and personally pick who gets to interface with the Chenbot on his watch.

Through this unique set of circumstances Terrance has set himself up for 100% control of 100% of every game action in an entire HoH reign, from initial Block noms to PoV/final noms to deciding final vote - and that is RARE, and damn well noteworthy.

Edited by Nashville
correcting damn autocorrect
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

I think you’re overlooking something here; by accident or by design Terrance has stumbled(?) into something which, if not unprecedented, is certainly not very precedented - the Perfect HoH Power Trifecta:

1. Winning HoH, thereby controlling initial Block noms.
  2. Winning PoV, thereby controlling PoV usage/final Block noms.
  3. Casting the HoH tie-splitting vote on Eviction Night, thereby removing the nom of the HoH’s own personal choice.

#1 and #2 are relatively easy; the HoH comp is (excepting the outgoing HoH) the most democratic of all BB comps, and PoV comp participation becomes more democratic with each successive eviction.  #3 is the unicorn, though, because a significant chunk of the conditions for its implementation are totally circumstance-specific.

But wait - Terrance has the good fortune to have achieved both #1 and #2 when there are exactly two clashing power groups in the House (Alliance vs. Showmance), with equal voting representation among the ranks of the HoH’s nom/vote-eligible HGs (Joseph and Turner for Alliance / Alyssa and Kyle for Showmance).  By setting final noms with a representative from each group, Terrance virtually ensures a split vote - which means Terrance retains ALL the power; he will cast the HoH tiebreaker vote, and personally pick who gets to interface with the Chenbot on his watch.

Through this unique set of circumstances Terrance has set himself up for 100% control of 100% of every game action in an entire HoH reign, from initial Block noms to PoV/final noms to deciding final vote - and that is RARE, and damn well noteworthy.

Yes but all for naught if he goes back into the house and has no alliance to work with. He will be the next to interface with the Chenbot then.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

Absolutely. There are two things Terrance has been craving in this game: power and information. He has felt used and lied to throughout. So given a chance, he just created a situation where he not only has all the power, he is forcing people to show their hands. He can still force Joseph out if that’s what he wants, but now he’s going to learn what Joseph knows, and if Kyle was holding anything back.

I don’t think Terrance had any illusions that Kyle was actually suddenly on his side, and that his alliance talk was sincere. (I’m talking about Kyle’s proposed Kyle/Alyssa/Turner/Terrance alliance.) I think he knows he’s still on the outs regardless, so he’s going to maximize his moment and screw with these kids as best he can, while he can. I also think he’s contrary enough to not want to give any semblance of control to Kyle— if he’s going to make a move (or if he’s going to flame out), it’s going to be on his terms.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

At this point I don't care what happens as long as they get rid of Jasmine. I simply cannot take one more episode of that awful voice. It's not just the over-the-top accent, it's the tone and pitch of her voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard. I expect to hear dogs howling whenever she's speaking to the camera. It literally hurts to listen to her.

Does this show really think we're all schmoopy over Kyle and Alyssa? Why the obsession with showmances, after 24 seasons, there's at least one every season, nobody gives a shit anymore. It's ultimately the very worst part of the show and always ends up ruining the game for someone - and the audience. The show just puts way too much focus on it like they thing we're all obsessed with it. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 6

Terrance has impressed me this week.  he (kind of) won HoH, won PoV, and has managed to set up things perfectly so that he's the tie-breaker.  He's really enjoying being in charge this week and he's doing an excellent job letting these young kids flail around and panic for his enjoyment! haha

Terrance is old-school, so he may like getting that big download of secrets from Kyle, but he has zero respect for Kyle ratting out his allaince in such a panicked state.  I think Terrance realized that Kyle was never going to align with him in a new group with Allysa and Michael & Brittany.  Terrance is still the odd-man-out. 

His plan (and its a good one) is to vote out Joseph tonight (I'm guessing), hurting the Leftovers a lot, and making sure that everyone knows that Kyle is a rat, which also hurts the Leftovers.  Next week, who do you think will be an almost certain nominee? Kyle.  Even if Terrance is also nominated next week, he's got a pretty solid chance of surviving.  This gives him a chance to put something together with Allysa and any members of the Leftovers who may break away from that now-fractured alliance over the next couple of weeks.  He's setting himself up for his best opportunity of making it to the end.  Not bad for "the old guy" who was somehow completely clueless for the first 7 weeks of the show!

DJ Showtime?  More like DJ Primetime! haha

• Like 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

The outside POV is like something bored students living in the dorm do for fun. We went sledding with lunch trays.

Ha ha! Kyle's collapses. I wonder if he's trying to lose, like Joseph.

It's a tie in to the actual fyre fest where the people that came were promised great dining and most got a sad cheese sandwich in a Styrofoam container.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
54 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

It's a tie in to the actual fyre fest where the people that came were promised great dining and most got a sad cheese sandwich in a Styrofoam container.

For those unfamiliar with DyreFest’s “inspiration”: Fyre Festival   
(Spoiler alert:

Spoiler

the festival organizer has about two more years to go on his prison sentence….

)

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If they are all hanging out in the backyard with no privacy, where is the DR?  Up that spiral staircase?

Yep.  Remember Dr. Will’s little tour a few years back as the “BB Nextdoor Neighbor”, when he’d come out of his “house” (on the BY balcony) and drop teasers to the HGs?  There’s  a minimal set up there which Production has apparently rigged to do some of the Outsider support, such as DRs.

• Useful 1