Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: A Civil War

• Start Topic

Anyone surprised Ben and Sarah got partnered together?  Even if Tyson had everyone coming for him, I’d still rather be partnered with him.  Even though Kyra sucked at the challenge and he couldn’t do much to help her, I still think my odds of winning would be better.  I am glad that the field is thinning out, because now there’s not so many people to keep track of.

I liked Sarah once upon a time, but she needs to get over it.  It was her own fault her and Leo wound up in the elimination because she couldn’t keep her big mouth shut.  These Survivor winners act like someone needs to play the game for them (in Ben’s case, it’s probably because the win got it handed to him the first time, and he played like crap the second time).  Also, Sarah and Ben can be close but it’s wrong when Angela and Tyson are?  Yeah, I’m done with Sarah.  I’m not even the biggest Tyson fan, but hopefully he outlasts her and Ben (and Leo).

I didn’t care about losing Shannon, but I was sad to see Derek go, especially over Enzo.  Guess it’s at the point where I’ll probably be sad to see one-half of a couple gone.  But I feel like if Shannon hadn’t openly said she got injured they might still be there.  Not sure I'd be so confident about my challenge performance if I were Enzo, but whatever.

• Love 4

All the Survivor tension build-up was for nothing. Absolutely nothing!

I didn't care for the daily challenge. It was... meh.

I'm glad Justine didn't go home. She's growing on me.

• Like 1

*sigh* I tried to pay attention, but most of the people are still a noisy blur. Here's what I do know:

• Tyson will take every opportunity to go down on himself
  • Sarah hates Tyson
  • Ben is a cowboy, or at least cowboy-adjacent
  • Daniel's wife is named Kiki
  • Leo is a cat
  • TJ Lavin does not translate well from MTV to CBS

I'm confused by the Arena. So . . . the "reverse spelling bee" was only done once, and that was just to give one team a small advantage? Such a waste. Derek seems like a nice enough guy, and I might be seeing him soon, but he's still Big Brother, and -- as much as I loathe agreeing with Devin on anything -- Big Brother sucks. Always.

Sucks that Enzo didn't get the guts to swing on the rope. Yeah, it's dangerous and sketchy AF, but everyone else was doing it. Worse, his refusal put him and Desi in danger, and it kept Tyson & Sarah our of the Arena. And then Desi & David wuss out on trying to burn Tyson. I still think he's overrated. Yeah, he gets the core concept of the show, but he's still a clown.

Leo dove into water! Good for him. I was fearing that he and Cayla would get sent to the Arena, and that The Amazing Race would e wiped from the show. And that sucks because CBS isn't bothering to promote the next season. No, instead we get commercials about Survivor and families, followed by The Real Love Boat.

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I wonder if they’ll do a physical elimination like Hall Brawl or Pole Wrestling this season?

IIRC, I saw what looked like a hall brawl in the season trailer so I'm guessing there will be.

Man, I tune in every week but I just don't give a damn about this show. I'm a big challenge fan. I know at least some of these people. But, the energy feels lackluster and the participants are largely uninteresting.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I was hoping that Tyson would at least get a chance to explain to Sarah and Ben how he came to the decision to pick Sarah and Leo last week.  It was Cash's idea to pick them and then she tells Sarah that it was Tyson's!  I'm hoping Cash gets eliminated next week!

• Love 3

David and Desi should have taken a shot at Tyson. Seriously, what is everyone waiting for?

I wish they showed more of the strategizing, etc. I have never seen the Challenge so I don’t know if this is normal. Either way is seems like a missed opportunity to make this show more interesting. 

• Love 2

I found out just today that if you watch on Paramount+ it’s fully uncensored.  Neat.

Cashay straight lied to Sarah’s face while they were boohooing all over each other.  Wonder how Sarah felt watching that back.

Danny mentioned Kiki!  Drink!

The main challenge was extremely confusing to me so I just watched to see who won.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I was hoping that Tyson would at least get a chance to explain to Sarah and Ben how he came to the decision to pick Sarah and Leo last week.  It was Cash's idea to pick them and then she tells Sarah that it was Tyson's!  I'm hoping Cash gets eliminated next week!

I have a feeling it wouldn't have mattered and she wouldn't have believed him.  Even before Cash's performance, I don't think she would have believed him.

For a civil war...that was all  kind of tame.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Enzo should have gone home after that performance.

He didn't even try - which should be grounds for automatic elimination.

Enzo is completely out of his league for a show like this.  It was bad enough he was brought back for BB All Stars, where he just floated.

Edited by thestorm
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Cashay straight lied to Sarah’s face while they were boohooing all over each other.  Wonder how Sarah felt watching that back.

She sure did.

Cash did say in the trivia challenge that she was an actor.

Edited by AntFTW

The whole recap was about how Tyson and Angela were dominating the game, but mostly Tyson. Most of the time spent on the beginning until they get to the daily challenge is on Tyson. Then he and Kyra get DQed in the challenge, and people are like "we can take our shot at Tyson."

With so much seeming to revolve around Tyson, and all of that goes absolutely nowhere by the end of the episode...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, thestorm said:

He didn't even try - which should be grounds for automatic elimination.

Enzo is completely out of his league for a show like this.  It was bad enough he was brought back for BB All Stars, where he just floated.

It was funny how he was all hyped up after winning in the arena and saying he’s used to making it to the end (more like getting dragged/helped, but whatever), and that what happened earlier was erased.  And then acting like he’s going to be some big shot competitor.  All I could think when watching Enzo was ‘this was the best they could get from Big Brother?’  

• Love 2

I find it interesting that the Love Island group seems to be the group that isn't breaking. Survivor and BB are fractured. Love Island doesn't seem to be as fractured. Perhaps because their show is a dating show rather than an intense competition show where its much easier to build bad blood.

16 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

It was funny how he was all hyped up after winning in the arena and saying he’s used to making it to the end (more like getting dragged/helped, but whatever), and that what happened earlier was erased.  And then acting like he’s going to be some big shot competitor.  All I could think when watching Enzo was ‘this was the best they could get from Big Brother?’  

That stain is not gonna be erased. He is the guy that didn't finish the challenge. No elimination win is going to erase that. No one wants to be partnered with the guy that didn't finish the challenge.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I find it interesting that the Love Island group seems to be the group that isn't breaking. Survivor and BB are fractured. Love Island doesn't seem to be as fractured. Perhaps because their show is a dating show rather than an intense competition show where its much easier to build bad blood.

That stain is not gonna be erased. He is the guy that didn't finish the challenge. No elimination win is going to erase that. No one wants to be partnered with the guy that didn't finish the challenge.

I think it was worse than not finishing.   He wouldn’t even try.  He just quit. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I think it was worse than not finishing.   He wouldn’t even try.  He just quit. 

It is. Trying and failing in The Challenge is always better than not trying. By the rules of the game, they automatically go into elimination. Otherwise, they would have been such an easy team to vote in just because the guy didn't even try.

• Love 1
On 8/11/2022 at 7:53 AM, Maya said:

David and Desi should have taken a shot at Tyson. Seriously, what is everyone waiting for?

I wish they showed more of the strategizing, etc. I have never seen the Challenge so I don’t know if this is normal. Either way is seems like a missed opportunity to make this show more interesting. 

Desi said they didn't want to be the first winners to take out another winner.  How does that make any sense at all as strategy?  This was the perfect opportunity to take out Tyson, since he was paired with Cash.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2022 at 11:18 PM, Lantern7 said:
  • TJ Lavin does not translate well from MTV to CBS

ITA.  I was stunned to hear him inserting himself into the Elimination, shouting at players to move more quickly, etc.   It was way too Jeff Probst.  On the flagship show, he might say, "Cohutta, gotta pick it up," but that's it.   What I always liked about TJ was his seeming indifference during Eliminations because it was such a refreshing change from Probst's insipid wall-to-wall commentary.   Maybe he's been reading forums (not here) where people who never watched The Challenge before are complaining about him and opining that Jeff Probst and whoever hosts Big Brother should be brought in to host this show.

When TJ said to the losing team, "Hope we'll see you in the future," I immediately thought "Hope there is no future for this show."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, millennium said:

What I always liked about TJ was his seeming indifference during Eliminations because it was such a refreshing change from Probst's insipid wall-to-wall commentary. 

This, 100%.  I feel so heard!!  

• Love 3

Tyson at the beginning: you can’t take it personally they’re overreacting everyone

Tyson at the end: if anyone sends me in I will sacrifice winning to make sure they lose. 

the way Tj keeps saying it’s the end of the losing team’s time on the challenge “for now” has me suspicious of a last chance kitchen. 

Edited by RockShrimp
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RockShrimp said:

Tyson at the beginning: you can’t take it personally they’re overreacting everyone

Tyson at the end: if anyone sends me in I will sacrifice winning to make sure they lose. 

Perhaps he should take his own advice and just not play any games, lol

3 hours ago, RockShrimp said:

the way Tj keeps saying it’s the end of the losing team’s time on the challenge “for now” has me suspicious of a last chance kitchen. 

He just mean a future season.  He says that to players he likes on the original show.   It is up to 38 seasons and some players have played 10…15+ times over the years. 

• Love 1