Type keyword(s) to search

Night Court Media: Feeling MUCH Better Now…

• Start Topic

It's set visit day at the TV Critics press tour. First up is Night Court, with the following news (spoilers):

Spoiler

Brent Spiner and Annie O'Donnell will return to play the Wheelers. Ryan Hansen (I don't know who that is) will be on in a couple of weeks

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 2/15/2024 at 5:15 PM, ch1 said:

I would really like to see Leon again.

Is the actor who played Art still around?  I know the actor who played Phil is.  He'd be a hoot to come back, now a wealthy man again (I think he was a journalist in the original, before he became homeless).

I'm just tickled the Wheelers are back, even for one episode.

• Like 1

I'M SO RELIEVED!!!!! I really grew to love this show, for all of its faults, even as a huge fan of the original. Now all I need is ABC to renew NOT DEAD YET and my doses of fizzy effervescence for the week will be just fine.

• Like 3
On 5/3/2024 at 2:20 PM, AnimeMania said:

‘Night Court’ Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Episode Count Revealed

Night Court is renewed for a third season on NBC and is believed to have a 18 episode count. Details still hazy.

Well, I’m only watching the show for nostalgias sake and there really isn’t any. I think it is pretty bad and it makes me furious that this was renewed for season 3 when the wonderful, funny, entertaining, great acting “So Help Me Todd” was canceled!

On 5/6/2024 at 2:50 PM, chediavolo said:

Well, I’m only watching the show for nostalgias sake and there really isn’t any. I think it is pretty bad and it makes me furious that this was renewed for season 3 when the wonderful, funny, entertaining, great acting “So Help Me Todd” was canceled!

I have only watched a few shows because I love Dan so much, but it is so bad to me! I keep up on this forum to see if any episodes seem like ones I would want to watch, like the one with the Weavers.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, andidante said:

I have only watched a few shows because I love Dan so much, but it is so bad to me! I keep up on this forum to see if any episodes seem like ones I would want to watch, like the one with the Weavers.

I don’t know how this crap got renewed 

• LOL 1

That is really disappointing. After Dan, I thought Olivia was the most entertaining character on the show.

Interestingly enough, India was a replacement for another actress after the original pilot.

Edited by benteen
  • Like 2

I will agree with one thing I read elsewhere. Olivia wasn't much of a sparring partner for Dan as they were both jaded characters. I suspect they'll go with another younger actress like India but an older actress whose character has been around a long time like Dan would be intriguing.

Edited by benteen

At least in the original show’s defense part of the reason for the revolving door was due to actor deaths and one of the actors (Markie Post) not being available initially.  This version seems to have actors that just don’t want to stay. Although IMO Neil was not a loss.  Olivia was growing on me.