Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: There's No X in Team

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Is anyone watching this show?! 😅

I'm watching. :) 

10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm watching it. 

Was glad to see X go home.  He was somewhat obnoxious.

3 hours ago, tracyhmcd said:

X kind of grew on me. What a fascinating person. And loved his tribute to his famous relative. I'm sorry to see him go.

I was getting a little sick of X and wasn't too sad to see him go, but I really did love his tribute to his sister.  That was really amazing.

I think Brittany (sp?) isn't the mastermind she thinks she is.  The way she handled ALL of that was very wrong.  She kept saying it wasn't coming from her but couldn't say who it was coming from.  I wish that Lark had listened to the people who said who Brittany's relative was because I would've liked to have seen her go before X. 

• Love 5

Are we supposed to know how Lark came to choose X or will we find out next week? My guess is that Logan did some manipulating to save Brittany, just like he did last week. I'm liking Logan!

• Love 1

I really like this concept (at least with this cast) but this is the second week they spoiled the elimination by the Episode title.  I guess I'll have to try to avoid the title next week.

I enjoyed X despite all his extra-ness, but I understand wanting him out because he was playing hard.  Of course, in my opinion, Brittany is playing even harder and I don't enjoy her hyper-competitiveness so I wish she was eliminated instead.  She also reminds me a lot of someone, but I have yet to figure out who that might be.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Are we supposed to know how Lark came to choose X or will we find out next week? My guess is that Logan did some manipulating to save Brittany, just like he did last week. I'm liking Logan!

I would have been happier to see Brittany go although now she has to win every competition or they can send her home whenever they want.  My reading of it was that when Simone Biles’ sister gave Lark the clue Lark was more confident in that information than what X and Dominique were telling her.  But why she wasn’t filled with rage at Brittany I don’t get.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ultimately it was Biles’ clue that resulted in Lark choosing X/M Lamar for eviction but I wish Brittany had gone and hope she does soon because she’s burnt a few bridges so it’s not a winning strategy and I’d really prefer to be left with people we and they still need to guess instead of those they already know. I like Logan but I don’t know why he’s so strongly aligned with Brittany to successfully influence the potential guessers to save her 2 weeks in a row. Is there any place to find a list or screenshots of the clues that have been revealed: the 2 truths and a lie intros, the wall, the canisters and episode 3 challenge words?

Edited by dizzyd

I thought Biles' sister would be the most in trouble of being evicted.  But lately they seem to be after Brittany.  Both females seem to have a lot of the others guessing who they are.  I agree that I would rather keep the ones we don't know about.  This reminds me of The Masked Singer.  Once you guess who they are it becomes a bit boring.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I thought Biles' sister would be the most in trouble of being evicted.  But lately they seem to be after Brittany.  Both females seem to have a lot of the others guessing who they are.  I agree that I would rather keep the ones we don't know about.  This reminds me of The Masked Singer.  Once you guess who they are it becomes a bit boring.  

I think that it must be different for the players than for the viewers though.  Any week that Biles’ sister isn’t immune she is a safety guess for anyone else.  They want to get people to take shots at people they are pretty sure of but don’t know.

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I gave this show a chance, but its really hard to get into.  The rules are confusing, nothing happens until the final minutes, and many of the "contestants " are annoying. 

Just think of it as "Big Brother" with relatives of celebrities. The bonus is that we get to find out who they are as they're eliminated🙃

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I keep thinking these are young adults in their late teens and/or early 20's, but it seems they are grown, GROWN!

Brittany is in her 30's. X is 50! 

They look so young.

I am completely shocked he’s 50!

• Like 3

Yea, I had no idea X/Laverne was 50. They each need to drop their skincare routine!

I would have rather seen Brittany go. I'm massively tired of her already and it's only 3 eps in. I also wouldn't have minded Lark going. Her ingenue act is grating.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 7/26/2022 at 1:27 PM, Blissfool said:

Louise shared her winning clue with Lark, which was for X. It was indicative of Orange is the New Black. Lark was not 100% sure of Brittany, and the clue for X solidified her guess.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, call me ishmael said:

I would have been happier to see Brittany go although now she has to win every competition or they can send her home whenever they want.  My reading of it was that when Simone Biles’ sister gave Lark the clue Lark was more confident in that information than what X and Dominique were telling her.  But why she wasn’t filled with rage at Brittany I don’t get.

I believe she is, but she's playing smart. She and LC stated that they didn't trust anyone in the house besides each other. I believe she is playing nice to Brittany as a strategic move. 

On 7/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, dizzyd said:

Ultimately it was Biles’ clue that resulted in Lark choosing X/M Lamar for eviction but I wish Brittany had gone and hope she does soon because she’s burnt a few bridges so it’s not a winning strategy and I’d really prefer to be left with people we and they still need to guess instead of those they already know. I like Logan but I don’t know why he’s so strongly aligned with Brittany to successfully influence the potential guessers to save her 2 weeks in a row. Is there any place to find a list or screenshots of the clues that have been revealed: the 2 truths and a lie intros, the wall, the canisters and episode 3 challenge words?

I posted the clues from the clue boxes in last week's thread. The wall is hard to find.

Here are the intros for the remaining contestants:

Amara - relative is her grandmother - true; known for acting - true; biggest award AVN - lie

Brittany - relative is her dad - true; known for being an athlete - true; biggest award Emmy - lie

Logan - relative is his grandfather - lie; known for music - true; biggest award ACM - true (relative is actually his cousin)

LC - relative is her father - lie; known for acting - true; biggest award Emmy - true

Lark - relative is her aunt - true (That's all that was shown.)

Pepper - known for comedy - lie (That's all that was shown.)

Dominique - known for acting - lie (That's all that was shown.)

Kai - biggest award Grammy - true (That's all that was shown.)

Louise - relative is her sister - true; known for being an athlete - true; biggest award Honda-Broderick Cup - lie

Here are this week's challenging clues (in random order):

Doppelganger (I believe this was for X.)

Valedictorian

Soufflé

Scrimmage

Eulogy (Dominique indicated this was her clue.)

Sovereign

Raspberry

Rhythm

Hydraulics

Handkerchief (Pepper indicated this was her clue.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Hydraulics made me think Coolio. Am I old or does that make sense to anyone else?

I don't get any of the other clues, and I thought we would get more from Dominique when she said "eulogy" referred to her but we didn't. I'll have to go back to last week and see what was in the boxes and how they could relate. 

I think Logan has an advantage in this game.  Country music is one of those areas where you either know it or you don't.  And I'm guessing most of the people in that house (with maybe the exception of Brittany) don't.  So unless he is related to someone really really big, like Willie Nelson or Dolly Parton, he's probably in a cushy spot.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Lark seems pretty safe also. Like Logan, she's a more distant relative so she's not a doppelganger (heh), and her aunt was an 80's runway model (I think that's what her clue said?) which is relatively obscure. 

Brittany's lie was dumb. Also, can't your lie be that your relative has never won an award? I mean, it has to actually be true in some cases, lol.

I know I’m in the minority but I really didn’t have a problem with what Brittany did. She found out she was being set up to be eliminated and saved herself. Mostly I don’t see what other option she had. I would have a much bigger issue with Dominique and X’s plan to throw the competition and manipulating Lark into choosing X so he could eliminate Brittany. 

Setting aside the LC, Brittany and X thing I really wonder exactly what game Dominique is playing. Based on what we saw the whole plan was her idea and when it came time to vote she chooses the wild card Lark rather than LC who wants Brittany out and has the information to do it. The other two involved in the plan, X and Amara both voted for LC. 

The other person who has me suspicious that they are putting on an act is actually Lark. She knew about the plan and knew the part she was supposed to play so why would she believe Brittany. 

The people obviously trying to out smart everyone else aren’t very good at it and the others seem like the ones to be watched. 

On 7/26/2022 at 11:27 AM, Blissfool said:

I doubt we will see any more. X is the safer guess. Everyone zeroed in on how much Louise looks like her sister but X and Laverne are identical twins. Combine that with the clues and I am pretty certain that most of them knew who he was. The show probably just didn’t show us those conversations for suspense. 

8 hours ago, Dani said:

The other person who has me suspicious that the are putting on an act is actually Lark.

Yes! As I said, I'm tired of her ingénue act already.

I don't have a problem with Brittany lying but it was kind of stupid lol. Like it was obviously going to come out and upset Lark/LC. What I didn't get was why Lark and LC didn't push her to tell who told her LC volunteered. That made zero sense. I could get it from Lark since she was perhaps playing up her feeling of betrayal and didn't actually care but I have no idea why LC let Brittany's 'It wasn't me!' bullshit go unchecked.

• Like 1
  • Love 1